Trump Bans Transgendered From Military

Started by Shiranu, July 26, 2017, 12:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 27, 2017, 11:46:58 PM
Also, I'd like to point out that another group with an elevated rate of suicide (for similar reasons) is gay people, who can legally serve in the military.  If we took the argument that a group with an elevated rate of suicide can't serve in the military, then we'd have to exclude gays as well as trans people.

Gays in the military (I know some personally) are getting additional mental health evaluation and counseling, because suicide is a big issue.  But the major cause of suicide isn't alternative sexuality or gender .. it is frequent deployments to Afghanistan and elsewhere.  PTSD is cumulative and fatal.  Bad enough to go "in country" even one time.  With "perpetual war" doctrine, people serving can't see the end of the tunnel, except as a train coming the wrong way.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

pr126

I do believe that transgender people are mentally unstable.
Come to think of it, when did this become an issue?

It is an issue for the left because they are yet another "oppressed group" to virtue signal for.

The Muslim world divides the world into believers and unbelievers.
The Left divides the world into oppressors and oppressed. Same mentality.

Evil Trump oppressing, discriminating yet another group of people. When will it stop?!

Truth be told, nobody gives a rat’s rectum about transgendered people, but isn’t this a golden opportunity to get a dig at the POTUS?
Are the transgender people being used as a political football?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtwPdwuV1E

Draconic Aiur

Now I don't know about the rest of the left but one reason people are pissed is because Trump banned a group of people based on their gender from the military for religious and political reasons which is morally wrong. To say transgenders can't fight for their country is like saying atheist can't run for political office or be in a courtroom. We as a people of U.S.A. are growing and we can't keep growing if a bunch of people are standing in the way because their ignorance or religion.

Cavebear

No, No, No, its all a distraction.  Trump wants you to stop thinking about his questionable tax claims and his Russian connections.

STOP paying attention to his tweets.  He is gaming you. 

FOCUS!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

pr126

Yet another humanoid hermaphrodite succumbs to cultural Marxist indoctrination.

Parent fights to omit gender on B.C. child's birth certificate
QuoteA parent in B.C.'s Slocan Valley is fighting to omit their child's sex on their birth certificate as part of a broader effort to keep gender from being included on government documents.

Kori Doty gave birth to Searyl Atli at a friend's home last November. Doty, a non-binary trans parent who doesn't identify as either male or female, (and prefers to use the pronoun they), wants to keep Searyl's gender off all official records.

"I'm raising Searyl in such a way that until they have the sense of self and command of vocabulary to tell me who they are, I'm recognizing them as a baby and trying to give them all the love and support to be the most whole person that they can be outside of the restrictions that come with the boy box and the girl box," Doty said.

Dear me.
Quote"I want my kid to have all of the space to be the most whole and complete person that they can be," Doty said.

Did I just find another oppressed group to worry about?

Cavebear

That is an argument I willingly leave to the next generation.  I find the debate a bit confusing and uncertain.  My thoughts suggest you are the gender you are physically, but I understand (with some difficulty) there could be a mind/body argument. 

I actually can't think of a human question harder to understand externally by those not having the internal debate.

pr126

A mind body argument points to mental instability. Normalising mental disfunction?

Let’s not make it a political issue.

Shiranu

Just when I think you can't be any more deplorable of human being, you step up to the plate and hit another homer of douchebaggery.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on July 28, 2017, 04:20:15 AM
Just when I think you can't be any more deplorable of human being, you step up to the plate and hit another homer of douchebaggery.
Let's say that I try to be a modern person.  Let's say I think about issues as best I can.  Let's say that some of them confuse me.

I don't understand transgender issues.  Intellectually, yes.  But internally, really no.  I'm not saying they aren't real.  I'm just saying that I don't understand it. That is probably a way I cannot separate yet.  Your body is what you are. 

I hope you all know me well enough by now to know I'm not cruel or stupid.  But in this, I just don't understand.

pr126

Critical theory: (wikipedia)

QuoteIn sociology and political philosophy, the term critical theory describes the neo-Marxist philosophy of the Frankfurt School, which was developed in Germany in the 1930s. Frankfurt theorists drew on the critical methods of Karl Marx and Sigmund Freud. Critical theory maintains that ideology is the principal obstacle to human liberation.[3] Critical theory was established as a school of thought primarily by five Frankfurt School theoreticians: Herbert Marcuse, Theodor Adorno, Max Horkheimer, Walter Benjamin, and Erich Fromm. Modern critical theory has additionally been influenced by György Lukács and Antonio Gramsci, as well as the second generation Frankfurt School scholars, notably Jürgen Habermas. In Habermas's work, critical theory transcended its theoretical roots in German idealism, and progressed closer to American pragmatism. Concern for social "base and superstructure" is one of the remaining Marxist philosophical concepts in much of the contemporary critical theory.[4]

Taking anything, and using it, manipulating it to spread discord, to destabilize western culture.
The class warfare did’t work. This will. It does. See where we are now.

On the way to completely dismantle western civilisation, to be replaced by what?
What is the agenda?

One thing is certain. Whatever it will be, You won’t like it.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on July 28, 2017, 04:58:30 AM
Critical theory: (wikipedia)

Taking anything, and using it, manipulating it to spread discord, to destabilize western culture.
The class warfare did’t work. This will. It does. See where we are now.

On the way to completely dismantle western civilisation, to be replaced by what?
What is the agenda?

One thing is certain. Whatever it will be, You won’t like it.

Vaguely interesting, but it doesn't apply to the topic.  As usual...

Shiranu

QuoteI hope you all know me well enough by now to know I'm not cruel or stupid.  But in this, I just don't understand.

Sorry, aimed at pr not you.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

QuoteVaguely interesting, but it doesn't apply to the topic.  As usual...
It does apply to the topic.

Transgenderism, which was not an issue until recently now has become a political football created and promoted by the neomarxist left to further their agenda.
Just one of the multitude of issues such as third wave feminism, gender issues, the list is too long to name them all.
Your minds are infected with a virus, just as destructive as any religion. Just as intolerant, just as divisive.

Ditched religion, and found a new mind virus to replace it.
The results are the same. Obedience to a different idol.
Critical thinking is now obsolete.

You cannot notice it, because that is all you ever learned. Just like a religion in fact.

I guess i have as much success telling you this as you telling the religious that their idols are fake.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 28, 2017, 04:34:41 AM
Let's say that I try to be a modern person.  Let's say I think about issues as best I can.  Let's say that some of them confuse me.

I don't understand transgender issues.  Intellectually, yes.  But internally, really no.  I'm not saying they aren't real.  I'm just saying that I don't understand it. That is probably a way I cannot separate yet.  Your body is what you are. 

I hope you all know me well enough by now to know I'm not cruel or stupid.  But in this, I just don't understand.

You are honest at least and you think on your own.  And yes, you aren't cruel or stupid.  To understand alcoholism, one has to be one.  To understand gays, you have to be one.  Same with trannies.  Intellectuals are idiot savant know it alls.  So it isn't a bad thing, to not understand something intellectually.  If you do, it is word masturbation only.  This is why our professors are such a mess.  You can know something, but not understand it.  The best most of us can do, is know about trannies.

Ex religious understand religion ... the few who have never been religious ... can't.  Not that they are missing anything ;-)  The problem for religious trolls who come here, as is often stated, is that almost everyone here is knowledgable about religion, and most of us understand it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 28, 2017, 05:03:31 AM
Vaguely interesting, but it doesn't apply to the topic.  As usual...

Pr126 has to always return to the well of his paranoia.  Conspiracy isn't as reasonable an explanation for me as ... ape people are stupid.  Napoleon agrees ... "stupidity is a more ready explanation than malice".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.