Trump Bans Transgendered From Military

Started by Shiranu, July 26, 2017, 12:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/07/26/us/politics/trump-transgender-military.html

Doing from phone, so not going to quote the whole article, but...

Quote“After consultation with my generals and military experts, please be advised that the United States government will not accept or allow transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. military,” Mr. Trump wrote. “Our military must be focused on decisive and overwhelming victory and cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical costs and disruption that transgender in the military would entail.”

Is it still too early to judge trump? This is some Turkey, Iran, south America shit...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Will have to wait and see, if the John Birch Society gets him to extend it to banning Democrats from the military ;-(

Like I said before, I work in a military unit (as a civilian).  I have no problem with gays or trannies.  But I do have a problem with Democrats.

Still happy with the disastrous and self interested leadership of the D party by the Clintons and the Obamas?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Atheon

Republicans gotta hate some group. They lost on women, Jews, black people and gay people, so they have moved their sights of hatred to trans people.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Baruch

Quote from: Atheon on July 26, 2017, 12:16:13 PM
Republicans gotta hate some group. They lost on women, Jews, black people and gay people, so they have moved their sights of hatred to trans people.

This isn't new, and it used to be bi-partisan, before the Democrats went all Identity Politics.  Doesn't make it right.  I have to work on not hating Democrats for the last 12 months ... but I will get there ... they don't put their sans-culottes on two legs at a time anyway, nothing to fear.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Atheon

Quote from: Baruch on July 26, 2017, 12:20:13 PM
This isn't new, and it used to be bi-partisan, before the Democrats went all Identity Politics.
Before the Civil Rights Act, more like. It's been 50 years since the bigots fled the Dems and joined the Pubes.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Baruch

Quote from: Atheon on July 26, 2017, 12:30:45 PM
Before the Civil Rights Act, more like. It's been 50 years since the bigots fled the Dems and joined the Pubes.

Not black and white.  Not all bigots were Dems or Repubs back then.  Not all people changed parties.  I started as Dem, after the Civil Rights Act (one of the reasons why I did accept the Dems).  I have never changed to Repubs.  I am not a bigot, never have been.  That was my parent's generation.  I do have a problem with "rebels without a cause".  The rebels today are Left, not Right ... but they are still rebels.  At least the Dems aren't trying to defend chattel slavery (just the other kinds).  But that isn't saying much.  Everyone supports wage and debt slavery.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

I love how he says it's because of the financial costs... Doesn't the US military have the biggest budget of... literally anything on earth?

Gilgamesh

You can’t serve in the military if you have diabetes, either. Y can't expect them to accept someone who needs pills and shots weekly so they don’t threaten suicide.

This list ^ was made 4 years ago, during Obama's presidency..

"oops."

Shiranu

Quote from: Gilgamesh on July 26, 2017, 04:59:24 PM
You can’t serve in the military if you have diabetes, either. Y can't expect them to accept someone who needs pills and shots weekly so they don’t threaten suicide.

"oops."

Funny then that the right for them to openly serve was pushed by Obama.

Oops.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Shiranu on July 26, 2017, 05:19:27 PM

Oops.

source?

Mermaid

Quote from: Gilgamesh on July 26, 2017, 04:59:24 PM

"oops."
So all trans people are on medication?
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Shiranu

Quote from: Gilgamesh on July 26, 2017, 05:52:22 PM
source?

Well, let's do some basic math... 4 years ago, that list was made. In between then, a president deemed that part of that list is a violation of basic rights and changed it. The current president disagrees with him and repealed that change.

Now given that we know it wasn't the current president who gave them the right to be openly trans, we have to assume it was one of our presidents in the last 4 years. I wonder which one it was...

I was wondering where you had slummed off to... thought you might actually had reached a point where even you realised what a douche trump is. Sad that I was mistaken, and that you still use the same old, "But...But... Obama!" b.s.....

Baruch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on July 26, 2017, 12:57:50 PM
I love how he says it's because of the financial costs... Doesn't the US military have the biggest budget of... literally anything on earth?

Not an issue.  Gen Mattis didn't want them in the service, so they aren't going to be.  I just hope Gen Mattis doesn't mind gays.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on July 26, 2017, 05:19:27 PM

Oops.

Trust a snake like Obama at your own peril.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on July 26, 2017, 06:03:07 PM
So all trans people are on medication?

The normal diagnosis requires medication, as far as military service protocol goes ... I have been thru the training this year.  Have you?  Surgery isn't required.  There is a whole protocol to go thru .. which isn't applied to gay people.  In civilian life there is also the same protocol ... RLT and hormones and maybe tranquilizers.  You can't just declare yourself trans anywhere ... it is medically defined by diagnosis and treatment.  Not so for gays.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.