News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Yup, He's a Crook.

Started by trdsf, July 20, 2017, 01:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

When McCain votes against McConnell, the Republicans have a serious problem...  I don't usually agree with McCain, but when he takes a stand, he is generally on the correct side.

And lest that seem "Yay, he voted on my side", that isn't correct.  There are some times he voted against my thoughts but his reasons were on ethics not politics.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

trdsf

Amazing the number of times that a Republican who no longer cares about re-election suddenly stops toeing the party line -- often with a kind of enjoyment at finally being free.  I saw the video; McCain deliberately used the 'thumbs down' hand gesture from nearly every movie about the Roman Empire: fist held sideways, then turned down.

Alas, where was he when Betsy DeVos was being shoved through?  He still has a lot of damage on his hands.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

trdsf

Well.  Can you say cover-up?

From BBC News: Guess who dictated the statement on his son's meeting with the Russians?

And still, no Republican has a spine.  Nor, evidently, a conscience.  Nor morals.  Nor ethics.

Meanwhile, Attorney Reichsmarschall Sessions has waded into a case in which the DoJ was not involved nor even invited to get involved in order to file a 36 page "brief" supporting employers who want to be able to fire people for being LGBTQ because it "offends" their "deeply held beliefs".

I don't know if I want him gone because he's a bigot, or to stick around because he annoys Asshole.

Well, actually, I want the whole lot of them gone.  To jail cells where appropriate.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on August 01, 2017, 12:58:21 PM
Well.  Can you say cover-up?

From BBC News: Guess who dictated the statement on his son's meeting with the Russians?

And still, no Republican has a spine.  Nor, evidently, a conscience.  Nor morals.  Nor ethics.

Meanwhile, Attorney Reichsmarschall Sessions has waded into a case in which the DoJ was not involved nor even invited to get involved in order to file a 36 page "brief" supporting employers who want to be able to fire people for being LGBTQ because it "offends" their "deeply held beliefs".

I don't know if I want him gone because he's a bigot, or to stick around because he annoys Asshole.

Well, actually, I want the whole lot of them gone.  To jail cells where appropriate.

The proper solution to an unfit President is removal from office.  The Congress has the power to do that. 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 03, 2017, 03:12:23 AM
The proper solution to an unfit President is removal from office.  The Congress has the power to do that.

Who will remove unfit SCOTUS or unfit Congress.  Term limits for Congress and SCOTUS.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Today, I realized what President Trump is.  He is a scared little boy given too many toys and thinking he was really smart because he had the toys.  He isn't. 

I know a crazy person when I see one.  They used to be the ones who walked around on the sidewalks in front of our office talking to God in anger.  Some were "crazy-smart" and obsessively earned wealth.  And now we have President Trump.  He's nutso.  His supporters saw something they wanted.  He was the best game in town. 

And now even they are starting to fall away.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 03, 2017, 09:55:06 AM
Today, I realized what President Trump is.  He is a scared little boy given too many toys and thinking he was really smart because he had the toys.  He isn't. 

I know a crazy person when I see one.  They used to be the ones who walked around on the sidewalks in front of our office talking to God in anger.  Some were "crazy-smart" and obsessively earned wealth.  And now we have President Trump.  He's nutso.  His supporters saw something they wanted.  He was the best game in town. 

And now even they are starting to fall away.

Kennedy - crazy
Johnson - crazy
Clinton - crazy

Notice those are all Democrats, but not all Democrats since Eisenhower are listed.  We have had plenty of crazy people in the WH.

I don't consider Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan or either Bushes to be crazy.  Undesirable, but not crazy.  And only Carter is a decent human being out of that bunch.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.