News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Now, if you are read....

Started by Drich0150, July 19, 2017, 02:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Flee thinker on August 08, 2017, 03:41:20 AM
It is foolish discussing god with people who have no concept of it. You don't talk colors to a blind man either, but you can make him feel blind.
So, why are you here? 

Ah, yes.  To make us feel blind.  And I do feel blind every now and again when I realize I have not seen the Invisible Pink Unicorn for awhile.  Since you are not blind, have you seen Her lately???
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Flee thinker

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 08, 2017, 09:02:19 AM
So, why are you here? 

Ah, yes.  To make us feel blind.  And I do feel blind every now and again when I realize I have not seen the Invisible Pink Unicorn for awhile.  Since you are not blind, have you seen Her lately???

You're not the sharpest tool in the shed, are you?

Notice how the logo of the forum also says believers. I thought I'd come around.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Flee thinker on August 08, 2017, 12:57:12 PM
You're not the sharpest tool in the shed, are you?

Notice how the logo of the forum also says believers. I thought I'd come around.
By all means, come around.  But how much do you hope to discuss with 'blind' people?  Oh--I see (said the blind man), you aren't here to discuss, but to bring light to those who can't see.  How very kind of you.  Which gospel do you subscribe to?  New Testemant?  The World of Bugs Bunny?  Some other fiction?  Well, anyway, please tell us like it is, oh bringer of light.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Flee thinker

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 08, 2017, 01:14:44 PM
By all means, come around.  But how much do you hope to discuss with 'blind' people?  Oh--I see (said the blind man), you aren't here to discuss, but to bring light to those who can't see.  How very kind of you.  Which gospel do you subscribe to?  New Testemant?  The World of Bugs Bunny?  Some other fiction?  Well, anyway, please tell us like it is, oh bringer of light.

It's the "I have the free will to ridicule"-testament. I'm sure you're familiar with that one.

sdelsolray

Mike Cl

Quote from: Flee thinker on August 08, 2017, 02:27:40 PM
It's the "I have the free will to ridicule"-testament. I'm sure you're familiar with that one.
I know that you do.

Munch

It is foolish discussing god with people who have no concept of it. You don't talk colors to a blind man either, but you can make him feel blind.

Yeah difference there is you don't 'feel blind', you simply are blind. And I've seen schools teach blind children about colors based on other sensations like cold for blue, hot for rest, the color of sand and snow, all that.
You can tell people the story of god, but unlike sand and snow, you can't produce anything to show it as a thing that exists.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Blackleaf

Quote from: sdelsolray on August 08, 2017, 02:28:44 PM
A new chew toy has arrived.

Assuming this isn't an alternate account of Dick's.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Blackleaf

Atheists have a better understanding of the Bible than Christians do. Also, many of us have religious backgrounds. It's because we know the Bible so well that we don't believe in it.

http://www.pewforum.org/2010/09/28/u-s-religious-knowledge-survey/
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

It is equally foolish to discuss religion with theists.  They already are obsessed with theisms and afterlives.  They have lost the ability to examine the world factually.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Flee thinker

You guys are so fun, I'm glad I passed by.

Cavebear

Quote from: Flee thinker on August 09, 2017, 04:39:04 AM

Always pleased to amuse a dunk...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Blackleaf

Quote from: Flee thinker on August 09, 2017, 04:39:04 AM

You come here and call us "ignorants" and expect a warm welcome?
--Fulke Greville--

Flee thinker

Mike Cl

Quote from: Flee thinker on August 09, 2017, 08:33:20 AM
I got one, didn't I?
Hey, Flee--welcome (hug)!  I LOVE my chew toys!