News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Now, if you are read....

Started by Drich0150, July 19, 2017, 02:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

Quote from: Cavebear on July 22, 2017, 04:36:43 PM
Eell, to be honest about it, how would we know what a deity thought just or fair?   

well "it" DID say that man was created in their image..so somewhere in there gawd and man shared morality. And judging by history...is pretty spot on. I don' want my gods to be like us....I want them to be real gods. Alas...the brothers Grimm beat us to it.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Cavebear

Quote from: aitm on August 03, 2017, 10:00:51 PM
well "it" DID say that man was created in their image..so somewhere in there gawd and man shared morality. And judging by history...is pretty spot on. I don' want my gods to be like us....I want them to be real gods. Alas...the brothers Grimm beat us to it.

Well, if you want semi-rational deities, The Silmarillion does a decent job.  Better than Genesis anyway.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on August 03, 2017, 10:00:51 PM

Yes, when you die, you become one of Santa's elves, forever!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 06, 2017, 02:49:45 AM
Well, if you want semi-rational deities, The Silmarillion does a decent job.  Better than Genesis anyway.

I would think you would rather like the children's fantasy, the Berenstain bears ;-)  And no, there were huge plot holes in Tolkein's work.

You simply don't like ancient ME stories.  And your desire for rationality has been noted, but denied.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Flee thinker

Quote from: aitm on July 19, 2017, 07:39:10 PM
14 days? Nice dodge. But that is not the real point. A REAL god would not create a world where living creatures had to eat other living creatures, nor  a world where living creatures were being eaten by other creatures and then.....have the temerity to suggest "it" has the fucking moral high ground. Go fuck your pretend piece of shit god. Really, your god is the most pathetic useless immoral, vicious and sadistic piece of shit that humanity has ever invented....and then worshipped...since humans, three thousand years ago thought just like "him"....odd that, to us, but not to you......

Should we blame evolution for this piece of crap world you live in?

Baruch

Quote from: Flee thinker on August 07, 2017, 01:18:01 PM
Should we blame evolution for this piece of crap world you live in?

Blame evolution, if it is a person.  Non persons don't take blame.  As a theist, I not only dislike human experience of life, but I do blame G-d for G-d's share of it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Flee thinker

Blaming god is satisfying, you know instantly why in any case you shouldn't.

Unbeliever

Instead of blaming anyone or anything for the sad state of the world, we should simply get to work improving the world.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Flee thinker on August 07, 2017, 01:31:34 PM

I know G-d, but don't believe the lies followers tell of who they don't know themselves.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

"Religion: A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
Ambrose Bierce
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 07, 2017, 06:33:41 PM
"Religion: A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
Ambrose Bierce

Religion: son of Pride and Regret.  And Pride is the MoA sins.  Epistemology .. an exercise in futility.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Flee thinker on August 07, 2017, 01:31:34 PM
Oh, you are so right!!  It is so, so satisfying when I blame Bugs Bunny---but instantly, I know why I shouldn't. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 07, 2017, 07:10:12 PM
Oh, you are so right!!  It is so, so satisfying when I blame Bugs Bunny---but instantly, I know why I shouldn't.

Is that you Elmer?  Or are you Daffy?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Flee thinker

It is foolish discussing god with people who have no concept of it. You don't talk colors to a blind man either, but you can make him feel blind.