News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Airline Travel: It Keeps Getting Worse

Started by SGOS, July 17, 2017, 09:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

A North Carolina report picked up and carried in media reports from the United Kingdom to India may not have been adequately fact checked and American Airlines is denying it.  But then it's American Airlines and they try to deny everything.  I think a Federal investigation is in order because something about the alleged incident smells.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article161691703.html

Media outlets from the United Kingdom to India were reporting Sunday that an American Airlines flight had to be evacuated in Raleigh after other passengers became sick from smelling an ailing man’s gas.

WNCN-TV reported Sunday that passengers had to be evacuated from a flight at Raleigh-Durham International Airport after experiencing headaches and nausea.”

The International Business Times was even more descriptive, writing the sick man “broke wind so violently it caused nausea and headaches among his fellow passengers.” It reported the plane had landed at Raleigh-Durham on July 16 at around 4 p.m., and cited a U.S. airport official as its source.

Not true, say American Airline officials.

“The plane was not evacuated. (A) medical call came in for someone affected by an odor after the plane deplaned normally,” a Raleigh airport official said in an email to the Charlotte Observer.

An American Airlines official added: “We did take an aircraft out of service for a mechanical issue,

Baruch

This is why they are going to remove the seats from planes and just put people in like cattle in cattle trucks.  And I can testify that a coworker had gas that could take the paint off the wall ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on July 17, 2017, 12:51:34 PM
This is why they are going to remove the seats from planes and just put people in like cattle in cattle trucks.  And I can testify that a coworker had gas that could take the paint off the wall ;-)

It sounds like he's in the wrong job, he's got a career prospect there, bio degradable
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

SGOS

Quote from: Munch on July 17, 2017, 01:39:04 PM
It sounds like he's in the wrong job, he's got a career prospect there, bio degradable
There must be some military use for his services.

Gawdzilla Sama

Google "Ann Coulter United Airlines" for a :snork:
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 17, 2017, 02:39:28 PM
Google "Ann Coulter United Airlines" for a :snork:
Yeah, I read that one earlier today.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on July 17, 2017, 02:29:07 PM
There must be some military use for his services.

Top secret! Violates the Geneva Conventions ;-)  Gas warfare was banned after WW I.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Atheon

The article should use the proper terminology. It's "farts".
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Cavebear

Anyone who travels first class at company (and after taxreduction) expense should be required to travel coach every 3rd time to remind them of how horrible it is.  Or the business tax write-off should be eliminated for them.

Their choice.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!