News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

We have a new Doctor...

Started by trdsf, July 16, 2017, 06:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 18, 2017, 07:02:16 PM
The good Doctor seems to be getting younger and younger over time.
If this trend continues, is the Doctor soon to become a sperm and egg?

well thats the way spidermans going now too.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on July 18, 2017, 08:25:02 PM
well thats the way spidermans going now too.

Good for him, that way his spidery girlfriend will never get to bite his head off ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

pr126

It is going the right direction, but she should be a black, lesbian and transgendered feminist.
And a pink pussy hat! Or a hijab. Linda Sarsour as the companion.
I forgot. Should be a 400 lb obese beauty. Piercings and tattoos optional.
Blue hair and black lipstick is a must.
Now that's progressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hqFNn_te6A

Munch

As I say, I'll remain to see if this is bad or not, I like shows and movies with strong female leads, like Steven universe, star vs the forces of evil, and wonder woman, and these shows and movies are able to present female leads without it coming off as some anti male pro feminist agenda. If this does become the latter though, then it's just another product the sjw agendas gotten its grubby mitts on and ruined not for clever writing, but to break down anything with white male characters in it.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

pr126

I have stopped watching Dr Who since Smith departed. It was the writing that put me off.
Could not make heads or taild of the stories.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on July 19, 2017, 05:00:09 AM
I have stopped watching Dr Who since Smith departed. It was the writing that put me off.

I always found them a bit puzzling, like "Col Mustard with the candle stick in the library" ... too much Arthur Conan Doyle influence?  That and the "How To Understand Brit" guide gets in my way unless I can pause the tele.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 18, 2017, 07:42:28 PM
I don't trust them. One of them turned out to be a Deatheater.
I spent his whole tenure as the Doctor waiting for him to do the creepy tongueflick thing.  :D
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: trdsf on July 19, 2017, 10:30:43 AM
I spent his whole tenure as the Doctor waiting for him to do the creepy tongueflick thing.  :D
He was Barty Crouch JUNIOR first? Didn't know that.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

trdsf

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 19, 2017, 08:04:14 PM
He was Barty Crouch JUNIOR first? Didn't know that.
I'm trying to recall the sequence... they announced Tennant as the new Doctor, then Goblet of Fire was released, then his tenure as The Doctor began.  I definitely watched GoF in the knowledge that the big bad was the next Doctor--and Barty Sr was played by Roger Lloyd-Pack, who created the Cybermen in the new continuity, so GoF was rather Who-heavy.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: trdsf on July 20, 2017, 10:34:53 AM
I'm trying to recall the sequence... they announced Tennant as the new Doctor, then Goblet of Fire was released, then his tenure as The Doctor began.  I definitely watched GoF in the knowledge that the big bad was the next Doctor--and Barty Sr was played by Roger Lloyd-Pack, who created the Cybermen in the new continuity, so GoF was rather Who-heavy.
I just wonder how Israel got all those Poly Jews in that one movie.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

I want an outrageously-dressed-and-acting DR like the good old days.  The last one was boring...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Jason78

Quote from: pr126 on July 19, 2017, 05:00:09 AM

This is what I love about the new Dr Who.   Even people that don't watch it and have no vested interest in it have an opinion that they think matters.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Cavebear

Quote from: Jason78 on July 29, 2017, 07:58:32 AM
This is what I love about the new Dr Who.   Even people that don't watch it and have no vested interest in it have an opinion that they think matters.

I'm not even sure who the new Dr Who IS! 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 06, 2017, 10:57:22 AM
I'm not even sure who the new Dr Who IS!

Keep to your cave paintings.  They seem to move in the flickering torch light ;-)  Plato will give you a thumbs up.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

THe last I saw of The Doctor, he was reborn on Christmas Planet.  I'm vguely curious about him.  When are new episodes on (yeah I could look it up).  But I want someone to tell me why I should watch again...