News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

We have a new Doctor...

Started by trdsf, July 16, 2017, 06:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

...and it ain't one like the ones we've had before.

I'm on board with this.  I always have a policy of giving the new Doctor a fair chance anyway.  And the first encounter with Missy ought to be interesting.  :D
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hydra009

It was inevitable given the Master/Missy's trans-*coughs*-formation.

Baruch

But who will be the new Master?  Missy has gone missing.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

A new doctor?  Can you tell us outsiders Who?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on July 17, 2017, 08:03:41 AM
A new doctor?  Can you tell us outsiders Who?
Gal Gadot and I'll start watching.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Munch

I'll reserve thoughts on it for now. Makes me wonder how their play up any romantic involvement, or sudo romance as is the doctors way
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

SGOS

trdsf

Quote from: Munch on July 17, 2017, 08:35:46 AM
I'll reserve thoughts on it for now. Makes me wonder how their play up any romantic involvement, or sudo romance as is the doctors way
I want there to be none.  That was the reason I hated the direction they went with Tennant and Billie Piper.  That's where I draw my line -- not at the gender or color of the Doctor, but that it's not a romance.  The original intention of the show was to be at least partly educational -- they were going to alternate stories between future/science fictional and historical, and try to keep the science and the history more or less right.  Well, along came those psychotic pepper pots and that idea went away.

I had to look up Gal Godot -- she was unlikely in the extreme; I think the BBC has an informal (and maybe even a formal) rule that the Doctor shall be an actor from Great Britain.  All fourteen have been from England or Scotland, including Hurt and Whittaker.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Munch

Well its subjective, I always liked the rose and doctor storyline, even got kinda weepy how that ended. I also really liked Donna Noble, but probably because I'm a fan of Catherine Tate

trdsf

Quote from: Munch on July 17, 2017, 01:27:53 PM
Well its subjective, I always liked the rose and doctor storyline, even got kinda weepy how that ended. I also really liked Donna Noble, but probably because I'm a fan of Catherine Tate
Loved Donna, probably my favorite companion of New Who, or at worst second to Captain Jack.

Hate RTD for what he did to her.  Yeah, let's put her on a season-long personal journey and watch her grow and develop as a character, then reset her right back to the rather unpleasant person she was before all that development.  That was where I reached the "don't let the door hit you in the ass" point with RTD.

Munch

Quote from: trdsf on July 17, 2017, 03:32:32 PM
Loved Donna, probably my favorite companion of New Who, or at worst second to Captain Jack.

Hate RTD for what he did to her.  Yeah, let's put her on a season-long personal journey and watch her grow and develop as a character, then reset her right back to the rather unpleasant person she was before all that development.  That was where I reached the "don't let the door hit you in the ass" point with RTD.

Yeah that did suck, guess they always look for creative ways to expire companions, just this time it was very finale for her without killing her.

Cavebear

Let the new Doctor have no connection to the past.  No old friends to visit.  Just start new.  And dress bizarrely...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

The good Doctor seems to be getting younger and younger over time.
If this trend continues, is the Doctor soon to become a sperm and egg?

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

I don't trust them. One of them turned out to be a Deatheater.
PZ Myers