News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

We have a new Doctor...

Started by trdsf, July 16, 2017, 06:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on August 06, 2017, 01:57:49 PM
THe last I saw of The Doctor, he was reborn on Christmas Planet.  I'm vguely curious about him.  When are new episodes on (yeah I could look it up).  But I want someone to tell me why I should watch again...
Let me get caught up again and I'll see what I can do.  I still greatly prefer classic Who to new Who, so I don't want to promise, although I always like to give a new Doctor their fair chance.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on August 08, 2017, 10:19:20 AM
Let me get caught up again and I'll see what I can do.  I still greatly prefer classic Who to new Who, so I don't want to promise, although I always like to give a new Doctor their fair chance.

The "classic Who to the new Who"?  Best quote I've seen all week!  Acorns to you (that's a good gardening forum thing).
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Jason Harvestdancer

There isn't nearly as much controversy as the press would have us believe.  I'm just annoyed she's young again.  I liked Capaldi because he was like Hartnell and Pertwee.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

trdsf

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on August 14, 2017, 10:51:08 PM
There isn't nearly as much controversy as the press would have us believe.  I'm just annoyed she's young again.  I liked Capaldi because he was like Hartnell and Pertwee.
Oh, agreed.  It was nice having a Doctor my age, rather than one young enough to be my son (or I guess daughter now).
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on August 15, 2017, 10:09:17 AM
Oh, agreed.  It was nice having a Doctor my age, rather than one young enough to be my son (or I guess daughter now).

Given that the previous Drs never particularly emphasized their maleness, I bet the new female one will have to be very female...  I'll be happy to wrong. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!