Author Topic: We have a new Doctor...  (Read 2018 times)

Offline trdsf

Re: We have a new Doctor...
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2017, 10:19:20 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
THe last I saw of The Doctor, he was reborn on Christmas Planet.  I'm vguely curious about him.  When are new episodes on (yeah I could look it up).  But I want someone to tell me why I should watch again...
Let me get caught up again and I'll see what I can do.  I still greatly prefer classic Who to new Who, so I don't want to promise, although I always like to give a new Doctor their fair chance.
Sir Terry Pratchett, on being told about the theory that the universe is a computer simulation: "If we all get out and in again, would it start to work properly this time?"

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2017, 03:43:36 AM »
Let me get caught up again and I'll see what I can do.  I still greatly prefer classic Who to new Who, so I don't want to promise, although I always like to give a new Doctor their fair chance.

The "classic Who to the new Who"?  Best quote I've seen all week!  Acorns to you (that's a good gardening forum thing).
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Offline Jason Harvestdancer

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2017, 10:51:08 PM »
There isn't nearly as much controversy as the press would have us believe.  I'm just annoyed she's young again.  I liked Capaldi because he was like Hartnell and Pertwee.
Watch my fanfilm

Film the sequel

Offline trdsf

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2017, 10:09:17 AM »
There isn't nearly as much controversy as the press would have us believe.  I'm just annoyed she's young again.  I liked Capaldi because he was like Hartnell and Pertwee.
Oh, agreed.  It was nice having a Doctor my age, rather than one young enough to be my son (or I guess daughter now).
Sir Terry Pratchett, on being told about the theory that the universe is a computer simulation: "If we all get out and in again, would it start to work properly this time?"

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2017, 06:19:08 AM »
Oh, agreed.  It was nice having a Doctor my age, rather than one young enough to be my son (or I guess daughter now).

Given that the previous Drs never particularly emphasized their maleness, I bet the new female one will have to be very female...  I'll be happy to wrong. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk