News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Transgender and the Military

Started by Drew_2017, July 13, 2017, 11:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on July 14, 2017, 03:46:25 PM
That is pretty much, how I will respond to a trans-gendered individual, despite what I personally believe about what they are doing. I realize that everything I said about this issue, could be somewhat misunderstood, because I articulated my opinion of the topic, which is based as much on how I feel, as any kind of seemingly cruel reasoning.

I first realized that my understanding of it was incomplete, when I saw something on TV, some years back, about a very young boy, who was trying to remove his penis with a pair of nail clippers, because he was so completely certain that he should be a girl, not a boy.

But I do tend to question, whether that little boy's experience is actually representative, of the average trans-gender experience.

Which is why, although I am still working on what I think about the trans-gendered, and feel that I should be able to say what I think, in a respectful manner, if possible, I would never impose my opinion on their lives, by denying them equal access/rights, or as I said before, bathroom options, that might very well keep them safe.

My main exception, to acceptance though(fully realizing, that the odds of this happening are pretty close to zero), is this: DON'T EVER SEDUCE ME, SUCK MY DICK, AND AFTERWARDS REVEAL YOU ARE, OR EVER WERE, A MAN! You can thank The Crying Game for that concern.

We have a fundamental issue regarding "variant" and "malformed".  Is a left handed person "malformed"?  We used to shun those people.  Now they are just a "variant".  Some people are even ambidextrous or have six fingers on each hand (now that is really weird).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

aitm

Well over 20 years ago Anne Fausto- Sterling (sp) wrote a piece called "The five sexes revisited" in short, 1-2% of humanity are born with varying degrees of androgyny. At birth...for generations, doctors would make the decision which sex the child was. Hell they had a 50/50 chance eh? This article alone, changed my vision of human sexuality, that if humans could be born with a multitude of physical sexual differentiation's than certainly the same must be assumed mentally. That human sexuality both mentally and physically would be a blended scale that say, starts black on one side and the other side is white and as they merge hundreds if not thousands of variations of sexuality is possible. And the more meaningful truth, is that it is NOT male and female "he made them" , but humans, by evolution, like perhaps all animals and maybe plants, have varying degrees of sexuality, some of which cannot simply be defined. For hundreds of thousands of years we have denied that that love we have for our best friend is not sexual in nature, but is indeed still part of the scale we are part of. The other friend(s) we may have may not affect us in this way. Perhaps some of us get nervous that we "love" another person of the same sex, and may have a little sexual inclination towards that person, but never enough inclination to do something. We are among that grand scale, neither black or white, but a curious mix of grey. Worry not. We are normal.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Drew_2017

Quote from: aitm on July 15, 2017, 08:05:58 PM
Well over 20 years ago Anne Fausto- Sterling (sp) wrote a piece called "The five sexes revisited" in short, 1-2% of humanity are born with varying degrees of androgyny. At birth...for generations, doctors would make the decision which sex the child was. Hell they had a 50/50 chance eh? This article alone, changed my vision of human sexuality, that if humans could be born with a multitude of physical sexual differentiation's than certainly the same must be assumed mentally. That human sexuality both mentally and physically would be a blended scale that say, starts black on one side and the other side is white and as they merge hundreds if not thousands of variations of sexuality is possible. And the more meaningful truth, is that it is NOT male and female "he made them" , but humans, by evolution, like perhaps all animals and maybe plants, have varying degrees of sexuality, some of which cannot simply be defined. For hundreds of thousands of years we have denied that that love we have for our best friend is not sexual in nature, but is indeed still part of the scale we are part of. The other friend(s) we may have may not affect us in this way. Perhaps some of us get nervous that we "love" another person of the same sex, and may have a little sexual inclination towards that person, but never enough inclination to do something. We are among that grand scale, neither black or white, but a curious mix of grey. Worry not. We are normal.

Thoughtful response and all of it may be true. On a practical matter it doesn't stop potential bad actors from gaming the system. If I were faced with this issue as a manager of a large store I would order 10 porta-potties and place them outside and use the reclaimed space to sell merchandise. In the service they aren't going to care how the non-trans-gendered feel about it. Secondly a man can become (or say they are a woman) but still be attracted to females. Its still a case of the majority having to accommodate a very small minority. Again there objective isn't tolerance but complete acceptance.

I ran across this site about some who regret having the procedure done...not sure how partisan.

http://www.sexchangeregret.com/

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Albert Einstein

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jex6k2uvf9aljrq/theism.rtf?dl=0

Baruch

Quote from: Drew_2017 on July 15, 2017, 10:32:28 PM
Thoughtful response and all of it may be true. On a practical matter it doesn't stop potential bad actors from gaming the system. If I were faced with this issue as a manager of a large store I would order 10 porta-potties and place them outside and use the reclaimed space to sell merchandise. In the service they aren't going to care how the non-trans-gendered feel about it. Secondly a man can become (or say they are a woman) but still be attracted to females. Its still a case of the majority having to accommodate a very small minority. Again there objective isn't tolerance but complete acceptance.

I ran across this site about some who regret having the procedure done...not sure how partisan.

http://www.sexchangeregret.com/

You seem to be obsessed by transgenderism.  Are you a closet tranie?  Cave bear is a bear trapped in the body of a man ;-)  Quite a few people are dogs trapped in the bodies of humans.  Or maybe they just saw 101 Dalmatians too many times ;-)

There are many levels of transgenderism, not just the stereotypical kind.  But you are right, this fortunately only impacts the lives of very few people.  If society was androgynous .. nobody would mind how you dressed or where you  went potty.  But we are a very sexist culture.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Drew_2017

Quote from: Baruch on July 15, 2017, 11:28:39 PM
You seem to be obsessed by transgenderism.  Are you a closet tranie? 

Prior to it being shoved down my throat by the PC crowd I wouldn't have given it a thought. I never imagined even ten years ago this could possibly be an issue.
Albert Einstein

Baruch

Quote from: Drew_2017 on July 16, 2017, 12:03:54 AM
Prior to it being shoved down my throat by the PC crowd I wouldn't have given it a thought. I never imagined even ten years ago this could possibly be an issue.

So then ... this isn't a tranie issue ... it is an SJW political issue.  Do you vote Democrat?  If you do, you are voting against your own interests.  There are lots of other SJW issues ... why we need to let criminals, traitors, pedophiles and other oppressed people serve in the military and get other social benefits.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Drew_2017 on July 16, 2017, 12:03:54 AM
And do you like having it shoved down your throat? Totally okay if you do, of course. I've been declared "hopelessly hetero" by experts.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 16, 2017, 08:05:11 AM
And do you like having it shoved down your throat? Totally okay if you do, of course. I've been declared "hopelessly hetero" by experts.

So are straight people Kekistani ... or are gay people ... or both?  Or is only Kermit?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Drew_2017

Quote from: Baruch on July 16, 2017, 07:30:23 AM
So then ... this isn't a tranie issue ... it is an SJW political issue.  Do you vote Democrat?  If you do, you are voting against your own interests.  There are lots of other SJW issues ... why we need to let criminals, traitors, pedophiles and other oppressed people serve in the military and get other social benefits.

I'm an independent but vote republican more often. I believe independents are the only people politicians actually court. This is a tyranny by the minority issue to me by people who volitionally choose to take this course of action and force the rest of civilization to accommodate that choice. I understand that some folks sincerely find themselves in a body they don't believe represents the gender they feel they are and its a shame this occurs as all physical maladies are.

Parents should be given a lot of latitude with their children and I fear government intrusion. Nonetheless I think its irresponsible for a   parent to allow their child to determine their sex prior to being 18. I'm probably just a curmudgeon on this issue. I don't think parents should give permission to children under 18 to get a tattoo just to show how archaic I am.

I know nothing about the other issues you brought up.

Albert Einstein

Baruch

I am also an Independent who leans conservative.  But I am dismayed at the Marxist-Leninism of the Democrats, over the past year, particularly when they are actually Neo-Con warmongers in disguise.  The simple pro-business (not pro-wealth) POV of Republicans of yore, would have been congenial, but Watergate happened, and I blamed Johnson for Vietnam, not the whole Democrat party.  Over the decades both parties have lost my interest.

Yes, I do believe in conservative parenting ... and that a child isn't mature enough to make their own decisions until they are 18 or older.  But no, there is no tyranny by a minority.  A certain large party (1/3 of the US) are using minorities for their nefarious purposes, as they have since the 1960s.  The other large party simply is grifting for millionaires.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on July 14, 2017, 11:54:33 PM
This will probably be a series of rather short replies...because I haven't slept in so long that is excruciating to lean forward and type for very long...
I mourn for the apparent death of your soul...
Well...it depends on what, "accommodate" entails...
Really...I don't have a clue what you are talking about, here...
AGREE ON BOTH POINTS...WOO HOO!
Oddly enough...AGREE AGAIN...WOO HOO!
I doubt that, very much...more likely titillated. (This one will be a little longer, because I have a personal anecdote to share on the subject.)

When I was a teen, a girl I knew, told me about a boy, with a particularly large dick, whom she had seen, one day, running naked through the girl's locker room...the only other fact that I remember, word for word, from her story, was that her friend exclaimed, "Let me suck your cock! I want your sperm in my mouth!"

So.."mortified?" I doubt it.
Link?

That went a bit over the line...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!