News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Transgender and the Military

Started by Drew_2017, July 13, 2017, 11:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew_2017

Once again the absurd notion that one can dictate what their gender is by merely saying so isn't a theory. Its now a reality caused by the identity politics of the past 8 years. Its outrageous that a person need make no physical changes and can claim they are a different sex because they say so and everyone else has to accept that ludicrous standard. They are handing out instructions to the troops that they aren't to say anything if someone not anatomically correct winds up in the shower. I have to admit, I never saw this absurdity coming down the pike. If someone suggested it would come to this 10 years ago I'd say they were a few cards short of a full deck. I would say most of society doesn't accept this absurd notion yet our military is going to be forced to.

If a male looking female gets an erection in the woman's shower 'she' can say 'she's' saluting them...

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Albert Einstein

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jex6k2uvf9aljrq/theism.rtf?dl=0

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Drew_2017 on July 13, 2017, 11:59:33 PM

If a male looking female gets an erection in the woman's shower 'she' can say 'she's' saluting them...

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Solomon Zorn

I am going to try to be careful in what I say here, because I recently watched the video that follows this statement(yeah...I know...John Oliver, again...), and it helped me get a better understanding of the issues, surrounding the rights of the “trans-gendered,” and I pretty much wouldn't prevent anyone from using the bathroom, in which they feel most comfortable, and above all...SAFE...but I have to say, in all honesty, to a much greater extent than I would have expected, I agree with Drew, on this!

I have no difficulty whatsoever, with gays, lesbians, or bisexuals, or pretty much, any of their behavior. It is only the “T,” in “LGBT,” that I have a concern about.

Here's where the problem is for me...

For starters, the term “trans-gendered,” is too broadly applied. It should probably be parsed, in my opinion, into(at least) three different words. (feel free to update my terminology...but)“Transvestite,” “transsexual,” and, of course, for lack of any other word, “shemale.”

Here's how I feel about it: LIFE SUCKS! I am not, in most ways, the ideal representation, of what I would have chosen to be, genetically. BUT THAT IS LIFE! I was born this way, and that is what I have to deal with, until I finally get to join the rock, that sometimes props open my door, in ZERO.

I have a very active, and uninhibited imagination(which might surprise you...in so many ways...how much I can sympathize with you). It facilitates my fantasies, for masturbation, and I encourage such an imagination for anyone. If you are a man, who feels he should have been a girl, then you have every right to explore that notion, as a fantasy. And if there is someone who is willing to share in your fantasy, in the privacy of your home, then be very glad. But here's the thing: YOU ARE NOT A GIRL. So when you leave the privacy, of your home, and are engaging with the general public, you should be expected, just as everyone else, to set aside your sexual fantasy(or any other unfulfilled dreams, of what it would be like, to actually live as a girl), for a while, and live in the real world, as a man, which is what you really are(no matter how much you wish otherwise), and not expect the rest of us to INDULGE YOUR FANTASY, ALL DAY LONG!

Although this may sound like I am being cruel to you, I actually do sympathize, very much. It is not me who is being cruel to you, it is life that is being cruel to you. It is cruel to most of us, in fact, but in different ways.

LIFE SUCKS, to say the least, but NOBODY GETS TO PRETEND that it doesn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmoAX9f6MOc.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Solomon Zorn

I know...The shit-storm approacheth...

Cavebear

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on July 14, 2017, 02:10:06 AM
I am going to try to be careful in what I say here, because I recently watched the video that follows this statement(yeah...I know...John Oliver, again...),

Are you able to present an argument without a video?  I don't watch them.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Drew_2017 on July 13, 2017, 11:59:33 PM
Once again the absurd notion that one can dictate what their gender is by merely saying so isn't a theory. Its now a reality caused by the identity politics of the past 8 years. Its outrageous that a person need make no physical changes and can claim they are a different sex because they say so and everyone else has to accept that ludicrous standard. They are handing out instructions to the troops that they aren't to say anything if someone not anatomically correct winds up in the shower. I have to admit, I never saw this absurdity coming down the pike. If someone suggested it would come to this 10 years ago I'd say they were a few cards short of a full deck. I would say most of society doesn't accept this absurd notion yet our military is going to be forced to.

I for one welcome everyone in the US military, even if they have no gender at all.  Do you know we welcome Panamanians and Phillipinos?  And yes, US society is autistic ... and our mad ravings are not to be taken seriously, nor are they progressive.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

QuoteOnce again the absurd notion that one can dictate what their gender is by merely saying so isn't a theory.

It's only absurd if one doesn't grasp the difference between gender and sex.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on July 14, 2017, 07:26:19 AM

The Normies always oppress the Kekistanis.  They simply want the world to be binary, just like it was in 1960 ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

I think I fail at that.  I feel all in one, so it is difficult.  That doesn't mean I don't try, just that I try and fail.

Gawdzilla Sama

Or ginger sex.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on July 14, 2017, 01:13:42 PM
Green eyed red-heads?  Blarney I tells ya!
Tell it to the former Ms. Cassidy.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

I don't even have the right words for this.

My failure to completely understand those in former gender uncertainty does not mean I don't want to understand. 

I hate to rely on cartoons, but a South Park episode helped some.  When trying to relate to Token, a black kid they generally like, Stan (I think) or Kyle tried to relate.  And failed.  And failed.  And failed.  And he finally realized, that not being Black, he CAN'T "get it" and never will.  It is outside his experience.  He could finally say "I DON'T GET IT" and never will.

And when he tells Token THAT, they rejoice at at least THAT understanding.   They both understand that there are some experiences they cannot fully comprehend.

There are some things I will never understand fully.  Racial differences, gender differences, cross-gender differences.  I cannot understand some differences.

But I can try.  I can teach myself to think more broadly than I do.

But not to theists...  That's willful idiocy, LOL!

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: Cavebear on July 14, 2017, 02:13:45 PM...I cannot understand some differences.

But I can try.  I can teach myself to think more broadly than I do.
That is pretty much, how I will respond to a trans-gendered individual, despite what I personally believe about what they are doing. I realize that everything I said about this issue, could be somewhat misunderstood, because I articulated my opinion of the topic, which is based as much on how I feel, as any kind of seemingly cruel reasoning.

I first realized that my understanding of it was incomplete, when I saw something on TV, some years back, about a very young boy, who was trying to remove his penis with a pair of nail clippers, because he was so completely certain that he should be a girl, not a boy.

But I do tend to question, whether that little boy's experience is actually representative, of the average trans-gender experience.

Which is why, although I am still working on what I think about the trans-gendered, and feel that I should be able to say what I think, in a respectful manner, if possible, I would never impose my opinion on their lives, by denying them equal access/rights, or as I said before, bathroom options, that might very well keep them safe.

My main exception, to acceptance though(fully realizing, that the odds of this happening are pretty close to zero), is this: DON'T EVER SEDUCE ME, SUCK MY DICK, AND AFTERWARDS REVEAL YOU ARE, OR EVER WERE, A MAN! You can thank The Crying Game for that concern.