What is Multiculturalism Really About?

Started by pr126, July 12, 2017, 12:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on July 13, 2017, 04:21:01 AM
When that idea is that racism, sexism, etc. doesn't exist in any other culture that isn't white, which is empirically false, then yes that must be a lie. That has nothing to do with what I believe, that has to do with reality.

Why against diversity?  Shouldn't we allow racists, Whites, murderers and rapists too ...

If you want humans to be virtuous, kill them all.  The only virtuous ape men are the dead ones.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on July 13, 2017, 05:37:18 AM
Then why only the western (white) people are criticized by the left?
Why are the feminist only berate white males?

Why is Islamic mysogyny not spoken about, the gender inequality in other cultures ignored as if it doesn’t exist?

Because western politicians, those in authority are cowards.

Take that back.  Our politicians aren't cowards!  They are grifting quislings!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Atheon

Multiculturalism is people of many cultures living within a geographical region (usually a country).

Singapore, Malaysia, and Hong Kong are prime examples of multicultural societies outside of the West.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Atheon

Quote from: pr126 on July 13, 2017, 05:37:18 AM
Then why only the western (white) people are criticized by the left?
They're not.
QuoteWhy are the feminist only berate white males?
They don't.
QuoteWhy is Islamic mysogyny not spoken about, the gender inequality in other cultures ignored as if it doesn’t exist?
It is.

You need to listen to what we liberals actually say, and stop listening to what the claim say we say, because the right are deliberately taking what we say out of context. This is because the right are lying to you.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Baruch

Quote from: Atheon on July 13, 2017, 01:33:31 PM
Multiculturalism is people of many cultures living within a geographical region (usually a country).

Singapore, Malaysia, and Hong Kong are prime examples of multicultural societies outside of the West.

Malaysia is struggling with that ... they don't like non-Muslims
Singapore is struggling with that ... they don't like challenges to S Chinese ethnic dominance
Hong Kong is struggling with that ... the Reds don't like free Chinese people

Cultural isn't limited to ethnicity, it includes politics and religion.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Atheon wrote:
QuoteYou need to listen to what we liberals actually say, and stop listening to what the claim say we say, because the right are deliberately taking what we say out of context. This is because the right are lying to you.
Wrong. I make up my own mind by the evidence I see.

Your ideology is dividing societies into thousands of sub-groups and setting them against each other and all the while screaming for equality.

Can you accept that there are people who do not think the way as you do?
I think not.

They have to be ridiculed, scorned, ostracized and silenced.

That is your ideology.
An introspection is long overdue.
But you cannot do that. You don’t realize that you have been indoctrinated.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: pr126 on July 12, 2017, 12:41:13 PM
Interestingly, racism, sexism, diversity, multiculturalism  etc. only exist in western (white) countries.
Why do you think that is? How do you explain this?

Are we programmed to self destruct?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6cxRYgqfHY
Oh look. pr sharted out another thread of nonsense.

pr126

I do not think it is nonsense.
You may think so, because you disagree.

Can you accept different opinions?
Scorn and derision is not an argument.

Explaining why the left is superiour to all other ideologies might be.

Or why the destruction of western civilisation is necessary to the brave new world that the left is dreaming of.

That would be great.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on July 14, 2017, 02:28:45 AM

Or why the destruction of western civilisation is necessary to the brave new world that the left is dreaming of.

That would be great.

Wow, I did not previously recognize how accurate your avatar is to your views...

I am a generally center-left person.  I admire and support Western Civilization as a creator of a general improvement to world-wide health, education, and welfare (and I don't mean "welfare" as "dole").  I think generally that democracy is beneficial to all humans, that peace, tranquility, and the support of women, children, and all others is a good general idea, and that medical advances are good things.

The destruction of The Western World is not on my "to-do" list.

On the other hand, when I see the rise of authoritarian States and some Authoritarian leaders in generally democratic Sates, I worry.   I see Putin in formerly (brief) democratic Russia.  I see Trump attempting many of the same authoritarian tricks in the US.  These things concern me. 

It takes only the briefest inattention of a citizenry to lose their freedoms in return for State-managed security.  As Benjamin Franklin said: "They who can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"."
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on July 14, 2017, 02:28:45 AM

That would be great.

Those who hate the ancestors .. ignore or destroy history
Those who hate society .. are sociopaths who ignore or destroy society
Those who hate themselves .. are psychopaths who ignore or destroy themselves

All different levels of autism spectrum.  Just because you are Asberger's doesn't mean that your crazy ideas are any less crazy.  Techno-obcession is part of this autism (we like machines more than people).

Cavebear .. the US has never been a free country.  Indeed, there is no free lunch anywhere.  You have been duped by the public school system.  But I agree, for all its faults, Western civilization is where I live, physically and ideologically.  The mad Progressives who want to replace existing humanity with transgenic androids of their own manufacture (and control) are sociopathic.  Lock them in a padded cell or ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Pr's experience in this thread so far...

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

A fellow student in college, admitted that he made a pipe bomb in HS.  He explained to me why this was a BAD idea.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

There are good Muslims and bad Muslims.  Just as there are bad pr126 posts and good pr126 posts.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Baruch wrote:
QuoteThere are good Muslims and bad Muslims.
Quite correct. However.

For Muslims, the good Muslims are the devout, bad Muslims are hypocrites.
For non-Muslims the good Muslims are the moderate ones, the bad Muslims are the devout (jihadist).
It is all relative. ;>)