What's the Difference Between Taqiyya and Tawriya?

Started by pr126, July 12, 2017, 01:26:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: A Shia Muslim on August 15, 2017, 06:32:56 AM
I believe Taqqiyah has been misunderstood. It does not advocate for wholesale lying without shame or reason. Rather, it encompasses principles even an atheist would agree with. If your life is in danger, say as a shia muslim or non-Takfiri muslim or an atheist in the lands of ISIS, and the only way you know you can survive is by hiding your faith and saying what they want to hear, then this is permissible.

If someone will persecute you or cause you harm because of your faith, you can hide it. Rather than dying continuing to proclaim your faith, Islam allows you to preserve and protect your life first, as well as stopping chaos occurring in society.

That sure disagrees with "die Infidel".  One might realize you are not true to your faith!  Be careful "there"...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

St Truth

Quote from: pr126 on July 12, 2017, 01:26:54 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=638TIucikys

Thanks for posting this. It's very informative. I didn't know that raping a non-Muslim woman is not an offence in Islam and a Muslim is permitted to lie in court to save a Muslim rapist.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

pr126

Takiyya

From Islamic Law:

Reliance of the Traveler (p. 746 - 8.2) - "Speaking is a means to achieve objectives. If a praiseworthy aim is attainable through both telling the truth and lying, it is unlawful to accomplish through lying because there is no need for it. When it is possible to achieve such an aim by lying but not by telling the truth, it is permissible to lie if attaining the goal is permissible (N:i.e. when the purpose of lying is to circumvent someone who is preventing one from doing something permissible), and obligatory to lie if the goal is obligatory... it is religiously precautionary in all cases to employ words that give a misleading impression...  (See the Permissible Lying section on the Sharia page for more)

The goal to protect and spread Islam is obligatory to every Muslim by any means necessary.

Including A Shia Muslim who posts here.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on October 04, 2017, 11:47:52 PM
Takiyya

From Islamic Law:

Reliance of the Traveler (p. 746 - 8.2) - "Speaking is a means to achieve objectives. If a praiseworthy aim is attainable through both telling the truth and lying, it is unlawful to accomplish through lying because there is no need for it. When it is possible to achieve such an aim by lying but not by telling the truth, it is permissible to lie if attaining the goal is permissible (N:i.e. when the purpose of lying is to circumvent someone who is preventing one from doing something permissible), and obligatory to lie if the goal is obligatory... it is religiously precautionary in all cases to employ words that give a misleading impression...  (See the Permissible Lying section on the Sharia page for more)

The goal to protect and spread Islam is obligatory to every Muslim by any means necessary.

Including A Shia Muslim who posts here.

Sounds like a Democrat President discussing legal theory ;-(  What is the definition of "is"?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 05, 2017, 12:18:17 AM
Sounds like a Democrat President discussing legal theory ;-(  What is the definition of "is"?

It is routine among many faiths to allow lying to advance the faith.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 08, 2017, 04:31:55 AM
It is routine among many faiths to allow lying to advance the faith.

True.  Since politics and religion both involve lying ... that is why they get along so well ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 08, 2017, 05:31:55 PM
True.  Since politics and religion both involve lying ... that is why they get along so well ;-)

I was only referring to religion.  Your furtherment of the statement to include politics gets no argument from me.