News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

LeBeouf is Off the Deep End

Started by SGOS, July 11, 2017, 04:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

meh...we rave about those to whom, "life gave lemons and they made lemonade", we should equally disparage those to whom "life gave roses and they shit on the pot".
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

SGOS

Quote from: aitm on July 12, 2017, 07:57:14 PM
we should equally disparage those to whom "life gave roses and they shit on the pot".
This may be a frequent response to people who shit on their roses, and such behavior could easily be described as repulsive.  It might include two simultaneous responses as repulsive and pity at the same time.  When I watched that video, it was like watching a car wreck.  I had to watch it, but I didn't want to watch it either.  Amanda Bynes, I think, just went nuts and somehow slipped through the cracks missing out on any help that may or may not have been available. There was no indication in her early years that she was going to go "weird", so I'm assuming something in her psychological/physical makeup just broke.  At a conscious level, I doubt that she chose to destroy her life.  I suppose it's possible, but it doesn't make sense to me.  At some unconscious, level, I get it.  That's where the motivations for irrational behavior usually come from.

I think LeBeouf just drinks too much, although that may be related to other psychological factors.  I've read that veterans often self medicate with alcohol to deal with Post Traumatic Stress.  LeBeouf may have thought he was entitled to an even brighter future, and is trying to dull the pain of failure by getting drunk and punishing himself by self inflicted humiliation. 

I used to wonder if he had special connections in Hollywood.  He was in several films, but never impressed me in any of them beyond the first Transformers movie.  I think he is talented, but there's something about him that never registered as "actor" to me, and I always thought of him as an actor with a short shelf life.  And instead of hanging out in a sea side mansion in Malibu, he's getting drunk, bumming cigarettes from strangers, and baiting cops.

Cavebear

There are some people who rise to greatness from ashes, and some to descend to ashes from greatness.  99% of us live in between.  I am glad for those who rise and sad for those who fall.

But most of us stay in the parameters of our parents.  If I were the son of a successful entrepreneur, I would probably also be one.  If my parents had been businesspeople, I probably would also be.  If my family were performers, I probably would be one myself.  You most often become what you are most exposed to.

My parents were agnostic middle-class office types.  I became one.  I understood the idea and it suited me well. 

It might be a mere personal affectation that makes me think I would have been an atheist regardless of family upbringing (my parents were studiously agnostic), but one never knows, does one?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

And if your parents were cave bears, you would shit in the woods, not in the cave ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hakurei Reimu

If your parents were care bears, you would give people the Stare.

Or expose them to your radioactive belly. Whatever.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Baruch

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on July 16, 2017, 12:50:08 AM
If your parents were care bears, you would give people the Stare.

Or expose them to your radioactive belly. Whatever.

SJW bears ... aieeee
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Last night I watched Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.  To my surprise Shia, turned up in the movie.  When I saw that movie years ago, I didn't know who he was and forgot about him until I saw Transformers, where I thought I was seeing him for the first time.

Baruch

Yes, alien crystals skulls had a way of deranging people ... Shia shouldn't have touched them.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

After Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade, it was all crap.  Bad humor even. 

SGOS

Quote from: Cavebear on July 18, 2017, 03:30:12 AM
After Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade, it was all crap.  Bad humor even. 
There was one film in the series that Harrison Ford once confessed, "I wish I'd never made that film."  This was something I was told.  I never investigated it.

Cavebear

I'll bet it wasn't one of his first few...  Success in the first few never seems regrettable.