News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Predestination: A Time Travel Movie

Started by SGOS, July 01, 2017, 10:42:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on July 06, 2017, 12:45:41 PM
I remember that.  I knew nothing about the movie.  Never even knew what was playing at the theater that night, but a friend dragged me to it.  He said we have to smoke a couple doobies first.  I didn't have a problem with that, so we got stoned and went.  The movie blew my mind.  It probably would have blown my mind without the doobie.  Well, I think it would have.  But who would know... or care at that point?

LOL!  They had us at the apes tossing the bones.  We were toast after that.  Our campus movie theater only had rows of "cafeteria chairs".  Its a wonder we even stayed upright.  Come to think of, maybe we didn't.

OMG, that reminds me of 'Wait Until Dark' or some title like that. A horror movie.  Blind woman and some scary creep.  There is a scene where she thinks she has killed him.  The music even winds down like it's the end of the movie, AND HE JUMPS OUT FROM BEHIND THE REFRIGERATOR AT HER!

We used to stand at the back of the "theater" (it was free) and laugh uproariously when the new viewers fell backwards out of the loose chairs in surprise. 

We did not exactly have an adult sense of humor then...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

SGOS

Quote from: Cavebear on July 06, 2017, 12:58:31 PM
'Wait Until Dark' or some title like that. A horror movie.  Blind woman and some scary creep.  There is a scene where she thinks she has killed him.  The music even winds down like it's the end of the movie, AND HE JUMPS OUT FROM BEHIND THE REFRIGERATOR AT HER!
As I recall, that movie was based on a play.  And 90% of the movie was filmed on just one set.  The movie was creepy, and that one scene is probably the most powerful jump scare ever.  At least it was at the time.  I watched the movie years later, and it wasn't so bad the second time.  I wonder if anyone had a heart attack after that scene?

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on July 06, 2017, 01:21:03 PM
As I recall, that movie was based on a play.  And 90% of the movie was filmed on just one set.  The movie was creepy, and that one scene is probably the most powerful jump scare ever.  At least it was at the time.  I watched the movie years later, and it wasn't so bad the second time.  I wonder if anyone had a heart attack after that scene?

More likely some sprained ankles or backs... 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!