News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

My "talents" and Testimony

Started by Drich0150, July 10, 2017, 04:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Funny. When I was a Christian, people used to say, "God only gives us what we can handle. If he's testing you that much, he must know you can handle a lot." Now that I'm not a Christian, their story has changed to, "Your house was built on sand." They've changed from saying that God doesn't overwhelm us to saying that it's my fault for not having enough faith.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Drich0150

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 13, 2017, 10:27:15 AM
It's been a long time since I've been inside a church, but I'm fairly certain the word you're looking for is "Sunday school".  Sundae refers to an ice cream dessert.

*wonders if Drich has ever been to church or is just a horrible speller*

Sunday school has simple biblicaly accurate lessons to learn in an hour or two time.

Sundae school are the 'sweet' B/S things centering around Christianity, you all tell and teach yourselves in order to feel superior to this religion.

Sundae (because it sounds right) but when you look at it critically it melts away.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Drich0150

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on July 13, 2017, 11:05:07 AM
Oh look, another asinine thread.

before you jump on to this topic shouldn't you at least try and answer the last one you asked me to answer for you? ( on the nature of the division of the NT and OT law)
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Drich0150

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 13, 2017, 01:11:54 PM
Funny. When I was a Christian, people used to say, "God only gives us what we can handle. If he's testing you that much, he must know you can handle a lot." Now that I'm not a Christian, their story has changed to, "Your house was built on sand." They've changed from saying that God doesn't overwhelm us to saying that it's my fault for not having enough faith.

WFT are you talking about?

Building you house on the sand is a JESUS Parable. He is the one telling you your faith will fail. The Story of the prodigal son is Another JESUS Parable telling us of your specific situation. How can you say 'we are just now telling you of these things, if they have been apart of the bible since the beginning???'

God not testing you beyond your breaking point... what or where in the bible does it say your breaking point is your faith??? In light of the prodigal son, and the story of the wise and foolish builders, your faith is not what is on the table here, but perhaps your very will to live. Look at Job. His faith was tested and ultimately over time did indeed fail. He asked God why as he could not make sense of his suffering. That said Job's will to live never was taken from Him or even approached even when others may have caved in his situation..

Drich0150

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 13, 2017, 01:11:54 PM

Rather your atheism like mine was an answer to an earnest prayer... The only difference betwee us is I kept knocking as outlined by luke 11 and you assumed because you failed, because God was not made in your image.. that there could not be a God.

Baruch

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 13, 2017, 03:46:38 PM
Rather your atheism like mine was an answer to an earnest prayer... The only difference betwee us is I kept knocking as outlined by luke 11 and you assumed because you failed, because God was not made in your image.. that there could not be a God.

Per your avatar, you must worship the Great Sunflower, not the Great Pumpkin.  No Linus for you!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 13, 2017, 03:46:38 PM

Hey, dumbass. Are you too thick to understand a simple contradiction of logic? Either God does not give us more than we can handle, or people lose faith when God tests them. You can't have it both ways.
--Fulke Greville--

Shiranu

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 12, 2017, 08:48:55 AM
Bwahahaha No youre not!!! look how you confront me when and where you can. You just know that you sundae school efforts will not be enough... ooops spoke too soon, looks like I'm about to be sundae schooled.

Well, one I was challenged asked to provide a 'list' of examples of me using my talents and God increasing them. So then am I supposed to deny an explanation for the joy that is inside of me because it may offend some other atheist who does not believe in God because he was given squat?

Riddle me this sport if God thought I was not humble in what I said and do, don't you think He would have humbled me? Infact He has many times over the years.. you simply do not understand the meaning of the word. If you did.. maybe you would not be where you are with God.

Did you know not all forms of pride are evil? The only forms of pride that are evil is the pride one has in himself/life. Pride in God is not a sin. So to identify the source of my pride look at to whom I give credit for my accomplishments.

Yeah, no, you're still just a self absorbed tool who your Jesus would dislike.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mike Cl

Quote from: Shiranu on July 13, 2017, 07:22:17 PM
Yeah, no, you're still just a self absorbed tool who your Jesus would dislike.
I think you meant not 'tool', but 'fool'.  Easy to make that mistake.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on July 11, 2017, 01:53:08 PM
No, you aren't. I have been here awhile, and I have seen your "special" wisdom time and time again, from people who think themselves as divinely inspired and unique as yourself.

You aren't unique, you're narcissistic and think more of yourself than you really should.

Hear hear!  Yes, the newbies come thinking they have great new arguments.  But they are so old and repetitive to us.  The newbies just imagine their arguments are new and will suddenly convince us. 

Sometimes I deeply hope to see an actual new theistic argument.  But they live in the past and there are no new arguments...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Shiranu

The humour to me is that, out of all of us here, I am probably one of, if not the most, sympathetic to theists and really have no problem with religion... and yet he thinks it's because of his theism that I don't like him.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on July 14, 2017, 05:27:15 AM
The humour to me is that, out of all of us here, I am probably one of, if not the most, sympathetic to theists and really have no problem with religion... and yet he thinks it's because of his theism that I don't like him.

I have some sympathy for theists, but it is the condescending kind.  Poor superstitious fools...

Drich0150

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 13, 2017, 06:51:51 PM
Hey, dumbass. Are you too thick to understand a simple contradiction of logic? Either God does not give us more than we can handle, or people lose faith when God tests them. You can't have it both ways.

YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO LOOSE FAITH!!!!

IF You Have A Failed Toxic Faith And You Desperately Want To Know God And You Ask Repeatedly/pray, and You Seek Desperately the first thing God is Going to Do Is Kill Your Toxic/Bad Idea of God. At This Point IF you Are Following The Instructions Of Luke 11, You will Continue To Knock. Thus Finding Him and then you begin to build anew.

But because you do not knock as soon as God unseats you from your pride/faith you turn on the idea of God like a pack of starved Dogs.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Shiranu on July 14, 2017, 05:27:15 AM

It is much easier to apply a broad stroke over all skeptics than to give consideration to the content of what they say. This seems to be Dick's life motto.
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 14, 2017, 12:46:53 PM
It is much easier to apply a broad stroke over all skeptics than to give consideration to the content of what they say. This seems to be Dick's life motto.

Impressive!  And well spoken...