News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

My "talents" and Testimony

Started by Drich0150, July 10, 2017, 04:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drich0150

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 10, 2017, 06:29:47 PM
You already had two threads about your testimony. There was no need for a third.

http://atheistforums.com/index.php?topic=11695.0

http://atheistforums.com/index.php?topic=11682.0
Weren't you the one who challenged me about how I used my talents? then why call this post a testmony? All of this happened long after my tesimony. This is me using my 'talents' to navigate life and serve God despite the obsticales, and it also show God rewarding me with much more than what I started with.

You asked your question and got your answer here. I posted here because it takes the other subject off topic (the use of my talents) verses a thread dedicated to biblically based questions and other people's perception on religion.

QuoteI've noticed a funny thing about these posts you're so proud of.
Not posts. people and how I receive my answers.

QuoteI can usually read the first few sentences and already know everything I need to know.
and it shows that you read little more than a couple of lines. as your follow up are often speaking to stereotypes and generalities that completely contradict what it is I have written.

QuoteYour posts are that shallow, and you're extremely long winded.
You mean simply to understand but explained in great detail. Einstein once said if you can not explain something simply you yourself truly do not grasp the subject matter. I can go as deep as you like, but i tailor my responses to those I am speaking with. As I pointed out I am also an instructor and as such know 'we' often teach to the slowest guy in the room. Meaning if you do not like my pace then raise the bar. show me you can keep up with something more than me connecting all the Spiritual dots all of the time. I would love an adult conversation concerning Christianity once and again myself. At best you speak to christian stereotypes as you have too little knowledge to speak out against the bible based Christian I have brought to this table. So you try and cut and paste other arguments that work for other mainstream forms of Christianity.

QuoteAnd in case you haven't noticed, you haven't had much success here.
I to not presume to measure or be in a position to judge another man's heart. I simply have a task to do and will do faithfully despite my ability to foresee what is or will be reaped.

QuoteFurthermore, if this is the thing you are most proud of when it comes to the use of your talents, that is very pitiful. I am not impressed.
Indeed. it is. I could be alot more proud of my success or wealth or 3000 square ft custom home that is being built on 10 acres backed up to the national forrest... But no I like interacting with 'you people' not because of you... but because here is where I get the most interaction with God. Being given answers to things I have little understanding of is outstanding. Imagine having no idea about something and then being filled with it. then you check it out via google/resource material and it is right... So yeah, spending time with God like this trumps all the other stuff.

QuoteYou directly replied to the post where I asked that question. That's not missing my question, that's evasion.
Hey dip doo doo, I am answering your question here i did not evade anything as I answered line by line everything you had to ask. And what's more I gave you special attention and marquee'd it with it's own thread and title!!!

QuoteYes. Your status as a comedian was established earlier.
maybe this time I as establishing my ethnicity.

QuoteNo. The rain came and submerged my house completely with unceasing water that covered the highest mountains.
Another answered prayer ;) God is good Amen?!?!

(quote)
Meanwhile, you live in a sandcastle that you insist is made of stone.
[/quote]Did you read any Hell'lights into some of the things I said? 7 years of heroin addiction maybe.. starting @ 200 a day. You know the addiction does not end at 200 a day, it grows... Then rehabs with the wrong kind of insurance is not cheap. Did you read the part where I went into massive debt? Did you read that was not the first time "I sold everything and followed Jesus/do what was right?" Did you read the part where my business partner also took to Drugs and I lost everything there?

Did you read where I remain faithful and continued to seek God? even after it was all gone? I took what I had after all of that and without any hope or knoweledge of my next pay I kept on going back to work over and over until all means of work was taken from me. then went out looking for another job just to take care of my broken idea of a family.. to preserve my vows and honor my role as a husband...

Does that not sound like wind and rain? does that not equal being covered up in a flood? I didn't even mention how my dad fell apart when he found out, then started lying/making up stories to try and break us up. yet I remain faithful to what I believed was right. I read job through all of that and asked God to pour it on I wasn't going to be moved... He did, and it got so bad (I got sick, she od'd in the bathroom of the B&N, money was all gone she pawned everything) I pushed through at work but was working in the literal rain and the wind and while in my service truck running a high fever, just broke and cried mercy God.. over and over those two words were all I could think of.

Then I found mercy. He backed off, things started to get better. so everytime we got something new we reinvested into what He had built from the time where He broke me of my will and have since been adding to His Will, His building point.

So yeah, I Have no problems admitting I am building a sand castle, but at the same time know this sand castle is being built on God's foundation, and as such is being protected by Him.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

AllPurposeAtheist

QuoteWhat I am most proud of is the fact that God has given me the ability to answer questions on atheist web sites that most can not.
My premade answer to this:  Well ring-a-ding-ding. That "talent" and 15 cents will buy you exactly 15 cents worth of shitty coffee at Dennys. Spend wisely. I would like to say that I'm in the least bit interested in your "talent", but I'm opposed to lying on the basis that anyone who believes they have all the answers is full of shit..among many other reasons.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Drich0150

Quote from: fencerider on July 10, 2017, 07:48:36 PM
not as many spelling errors this time

collage is a big pic made up from smaller pics or objects
college is a place where people go to learn things
noted.

Quoteyour not the creator of thermoking or carrier are you?
My first business is thermo king service. We do service the big trailers. I worked for TK for 10 years and ran their east coast mobile shop. then was let go because a nephew of the owner want my job. So I got up with my business partner who was the carrier general manager for the region and we had at it for two years I did the TK stuff he did the carrier work, till he got back into the drugs.

There are actually two other brands in North America Zanotti which is the itilian manufacturer I spoke of and developed an all electric reefer that would run a 8 hour day without having to be recharged. (we sold 25 to a company in NYC because they were being fined 1,000,000 a day for making deliveries with diesel powered reefers @ 3am. All electric sounded like maybe your outside air cond being turned on. that was 5 years ago never heard of any major failures..

Then ATC is a Canadian company which I do business with now. I also still have close ties to Carrier and TK as I am a insulated box builder for smaller cargo vans and  full size delivery vans. We sell nation wide.

QuoteI drive a reefer box truck (ha drive everyday and forgot what it is- I think thermoking) stupid thing keeps going on defrost when it its hot instead of getting to temp.
older unit I would say klixon is bad or bad air switch new unit maybe bad coil temp sensor.
or your fans may not be turning to speed or their could be debris in the evap keeping the air flow low.
Quoteand it also thinks that if the temp goes up something is wrong and shuts off the unit.
what alarm codes? do any of the lines ice over?

QuoteVery bad programming of the controller
it's all pretty easy if you just take the time to learn the buttons and screen prompts.

What do you mean when you say " when I was a Christian" ?
When I belonged to a religious organization should be "small c"
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Drich0150

Quote from: Munch on July 11, 2017, 05:10:12 AM
It's no wonder Christians have such a poor grasp on reality, look how contradicting their beliefs are.

Just same examples.

https://infidels.org/library/modern/donald_morgan/contradictions.html
And just below is a link to "answer" all of your examples.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIdUlp3QAsk

http://atheistforums.com/index.php?topic=11675.0

Drich0150

Quote from: Shiranu on July 11, 2017, 01:53:08 PM
No, you aren't. I have been here awhile, and I have seen your "special" wisdom time and time again, from people who think themselves as divinely inspired and unique as yourself.

You aren't unique, you're narcissistic and think more of yourself than you really should.

Can you refute topically anything I've said here concerning the bible, God or the answers I gave pertaining to them?

No, you say? that's why you've moved on to character assassination you say? That's typical Can't refute the message, so try and kill the messenger.

Otherwise why not do both if it were in your power to do so? like I did with your resident pharisee?

I took a message he gave disected his message concerning the Holy Spirit, then compared it to translation source that showed he was lying and or in error...

THEN I proceeded to assisanate his character by asking which was worse the fact that He didn't know or the fact that he thinks he can repersent 1/2 truths without being called out.

That's how it is done when you complaint is legit when the person teaching does not know what He is talking about. You destroy the message THEN you question or take out the messenger..

For you to forgo the message and attack me personally reeks of incompetence and or intellectual laziness. Meaning you are to stupid or too lazy to address anything I said. So rather than stain yourself and consider that what I am saying contains truth of God you just default to your comfortable position that God does not exist and therefore I must be lying.

Here is the problem If God does not exist then you should be able to take down my arguments. at lest one of you. If you can't then in your mind you should recognize that I am smarter than you (if you insist there is no God) -Or- It is as I say it is and I do indeed have access to the Same Holy Spirit That has written the bible, therefore I have HIS Answers, which is why all of you hit that brick wall topically and move to attack me personally.

So then what does it say about you and your intellect if you whole position revolves around ad Hom attack? I need you to see that this is the sum total of your efforts in my thread. You attack me rather than address the topics. Now if I'm the stupid one, what does it make you? The one who can not defend their ideology against the stupid one? That you in all your great wisdom is reduced down to trying to shame someone into silence because I am not following your social protocol?

Again if you are right, then first show me to be in error topically then break me down personally and examine my motives. This way you will not be seen as the fool taking a victory lap in the middle of the race.

Drich0150

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on July 11, 2017, 03:01:55 PM
My premade answer to this:  Well ring-a-ding-ding. That "talent" and 15 cents will buy you exactly 15 cents worth of shitty coffee at Dennys. Spend wisely. I would like to say that I'm in the least bit interested in your "talent", but I'm opposed to lying on the basis that anyone who believes they have all the answers is full of shit..among many other reasons.

Actually that "talent" has bought me three patentable items, one of which I owned and sold and bought into a much bigger building in a very upscale side of town. or did you not get to that part yet??

***Spoiler alert!!!***
Read the Whole OP before you read this.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on July 11, 2017, 07:09:42 AM
Drich not Drew ... you furball you ;-)
I'm not convinced that they aren't the same chat-bot.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Quote from: Shiranu on July 11, 2017, 01:53:08 PM
No, you aren't. I have been here awhile, and I have seen your "special" wisdom time and time again, from people who think themselves as divinely inspired and unique as yourself.

You aren't unique, you're narcissistic and think more of yourself than you really should.
Well, once you believe that the All-knowing, All-powerful Creator of the universe cares about you to the extent of sacrificing His only-begotten Son for your particular well-being, it tends to make you think very highly of yourself.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Drich0150

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 11, 2017, 04:54:53 PM
Well, once you believe that the All-knowing, All-powerful Creator of the universe cares about you to the extent of sacrificing His only-begotten Son for your particular well-being, it tends to make you think very highly of yourself.
Imagine how much more would be true if you knew what you said to be absolutly true!!!

Shiranu

QuoteCan you refute topically anything I've said here concerning the bible, God or the answers I gave pertaining to them?

More than likely, I just have no reason to because I am really indifferent about your god and your bible.

Quotethat's why you've moved on to character assassination you say?

You're the one who brought your character up, not me. And boy, do you seem to like to go on about it.

Mathew 6:1-34 - “Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. “And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. ..."

QuoteFor you to forgo the message and attack me personally reeks of incompetence and or intellectual laziness. Meaning you are to stupid or too lazy to address anything I said. So rather than stain yourself and consider that what I am saying contains truth of God you just default to your comfortable position that God does not exist and therefore I must be lying.
Luke 18: 9-14 - "He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and treated others with contempt: “Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee, standing by himself, prayed thus: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.’ But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’

I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Your Jesus, if not your god, would not approve of you. That has to be at least a little humbling, no?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

aitm

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 11, 2017, 05:20:36 PM
Imagine how much more would be true if you knew what you said to be absolutly true!!!
yeah, we could kill gays and make women marry their  rapist...yeah gawd! If people were forced to follow real xianity upon death, you would be dead.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

fencerider

the truck is 2012 freightliner and the reefer is carrier. Its a lease truck. took it to Penske couple times and they said it was fixed. should be part of the programming of a del truck. ya del means the door is gonna get opened 10-20 times a day. Its gonna get out of range. I think the only code i ever saw was err.3
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

fencerider

well said Shiranu. Even if he's 100% right nobody is going to listen to someone that brags so much. I think that if he was a part of the church I was going to he probably would have gotten himself thrown out rather quickly (an independant fundamentalist baptist church;whatever that means; where a whole lot of people found their faith and a relationship with god... not that I did)
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Drich0150

Quote from: Shiranu on July 11, 2017, 07:34:38 PM
More than likely, I just have no reason to because I am really indifferent about your god and your bible.

You're the one who brought your character up, not me. And boy, do you seem to like to go on about it.
Bwahahaha No youre not!!! look how you confront me when and where you can. You just know that you sundae school efforts will not be enough... ooops spoke too soon, looks like I'm about to be sundae schooled.

Mathew 6:1-34 - “Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. “And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. ..."

Luke 18: 9-14 - "He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and treated others with contempt: “Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee, standing by himself, prayed thus: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.’ But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’

I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Your Jesus, if not your god, would not approve of you. That has to be at least a little humbling, no?

Well, one I was challenged asked to provide a 'list' of examples of me using my talents and God increasing them. So then am I supposed to deny an explanation for the joy that is inside of me because it may offend some other atheist who does not believe in God because he was given squat?

Riddle me this sport if God thought I was not humble in what I said and do, don't you think He would have humbled me? Infact He has many times over the years.. you simply do not understand the meaning of the word. If you did.. maybe you would not be where you are with God.

Did you know not all forms of pride are evil? The only forms of pride that are evil is the pride one has in himself/life. Pride in God is not a sin. So to identify the source of my pride look at to whom I give credit for my accomplishments.

Drich0150

Quote from: aitm on July 11, 2017, 07:47:40 PM
yeah, we could kill gays and make women marry their  rapist...yeah gawd! If people were forced to follow real xianity upon death, you would be dead.
You do know there is a difference between OT Judaism and Christianity right? The primary one being no one practices OT judaism anymore.