News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

A migrant talks

Started by pr126, July 09, 2017, 11:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

Actually none of this has happened at all.
This is a hollywood film with actors and CGI simply to spread fearmongering and bigotry - not forgetting islamophobia.

Refugees welcome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siJ2SIAbRYM

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

Of course, if you are interested in reality and not just little sound-bits, look at the fact that Syrian, Iraqi, and other Middle Eastern refugees who should be turned away according to pr commit less crimes than their German counterparts, not wanting to lose their status. The majority of refugee crime is committed by North African immigrants who are not allowed to stay in the country and begin working illegal jobs.

The issue is extremely nuanced, but it's much easier to say, "Look! Those dirty immigrants are ruining our society!" rather than actually dig deeper under the surface and realise that there are more relevant (and accurate reasons) than, "They are dirty Muslim migrants!". And when you then throw the millions of refugees under-the-bus because of a few bad seeds, generally from other countries... well, I'll let the moral implications of that speak for itself and assume the logical failings of that are self evident as well.

As for France, many of these ghettos are populated by immigrants from former colonies, which again leads to some historical implications as to why this is all happening other than, "They are less civilized! They are barbarians! They don't know better!". Historical implications that, in one post, will be dismissed with, "Hurrr... but fear them! They coming!".

Fear and hatred have no place in Western society, and that's all you ever want to peddle pr. You cannot lament the death of the West while you drive your knife into the very heart of what it stands for.

Baruch

I agree that fear and hatred are uncivilized ... East or West, North or South.  Take courage and don't be malignant.

But I won't invite a robber rapist murder into my home.  I won't assume that everyone is a robber rapist murder either.  Border controls were possible, they could have been kept in Turkey ... if we went to war with Turkey in 2014.

There wouldn't have been any refugees, if nukes had been used to eliminate Syria ... and Russia if necessary ... back when this started in 2014.  Takes two or more to Tango ... Russia and Syria aren't innocent.  Perhaps all humanity should be judged guilty of ... lack of innocence, and eliminated.  That is the Final Solution to politics.

Sorry, but robbery, rape and murder are just as Western as everything else is.  I see nothing to be proud of ... just that my criminality as a Westerner, isn't inferior to that of the East.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

The ancient Greeks considered everyone non-greek to be barbarians and look how well that turned out for them. 

I had a very intelligent and thoughtful co-worker.  One area where we disagreed was about immigration.  She had a SW US orientation and favored endless Central and South American immigration by any means.  When I said I wanted to support immigration laws, she became quite upset, thinking I was anti-hispanic.

I'm not.  I just want people from all over the world to come here.  In generally equal numbers.  The US IS a melting pot and my understanding of our history suggests that people who come here from all over fit in great.  It is when too many from one foreign culture come all at once and huddle together that some problems occur.

In the past, large numbers of people from other places came all at once and we handled it.  But that was when we were less kind.  They succeeded or failed on their own.  And supported very much, they generally succeeded.

But we are supporting immigrants now and (this almost makes me sound Republican) and assisting people of large immigrant groups to remain a bit more isolated from the "sink or swim" attitude of the past.  And that is having an effect. 

I want more people from everywhere to come here, not just a lot from one place.  The "melting pot" needs many ingredients.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Another "Amen" for Brother Cave Bear
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.