Alpha and Omega takes out Epiricus!

Started by Drich0150, July 06, 2017, 10:17:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drich0150

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 09, 2017, 10:46:03 PM
Apologists will claim that the weakness was in God's people, not God himself. That the Hebrews were not prepared to challenge their enemies who were equipped with iron chariots. But this is the same god who gave Sampson the super powers to kill armies with nothing but the jawbone of an ass. This is the same god who brought down the walls of Jericho with nothing but a parade and some trumpets. God can give flawless victory to his armies when he wants to, yet when he doesn't Christians conveniently fall back to the excuse of human weakness.

OR
God being with them means that God intended for them to loose or to be weakened.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Baruch

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 10, 2017, 09:22:10 AM
OR
God being with them means that God intended for them to loose or to be weakened.

I agree.  But that being so, that is why even though I know G-d, not just believe in a holy ghost ... is why I won't worship G-d.  I don't worship assholes.  That is the Devil's work (if you know your Inquisition theory).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Drich0150

Quote from: Baruch on July 10, 2017, 02:29:27 PM
I agree.  But that being so, that is why even though I know G-d, not just believe in a holy ghost ... is why I won't worship G-d.  I don't worship assholes.  That is the Devil's work (if you know your Inquisition theory).

God is only an asshole if you think your morality/Righteousness, is set apart and above God's own righteousness (or a self righteousness) if you will.

Meaning only the self righteous think they are in a position to judge God.

It is not God's job to serve or please you. You at best are here to serve Him.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Baruch

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 10, 2017, 02:39:52 PM
God is only an asshole if you think your morality/Righteousness, is set apart and above God's own righteousness (or a self righteousness) if you will.

Meaning only the self righteous think they are in a position to judge God.

It is not God's job to serve or please you. You at best are here to serve Him.

And you will serve, just as soon as G-d puts you in charge of his Holy Office (aka Inquisition).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

OR

God's plan sure does conveniently look a lot like random chance, doesn't it? Anyway, if you read the passage in question, you'd know that God chose not to send his people into battle not because he didn't want them to defeat their enemies, but because they have iron chariots. Either God was not confident in his ability to lead his people into victory, or more likely, the story was alluding to God having the same weakness to iron that fairies have. Either way, he's not omnipotent. Throughout most of the Old Testament, God is portrayed as neither omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, unchanging, or even the only god in existence. He was, in the earliest books, one of many gods. He was supposedly the most powerful of all the gods (every culture thought their gods were best), but he still lost in a wrestling match in which he felt the need to cheat.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 10, 2017, 03:45:21 PM
God's plan sure does conveniently look a lot like random chance, doesn't it? Anyway, if you read the passage in question, you'd know that God chose not to send his people into battle not because he didn't want them to defeat their enemies, but because they have iron chariots. Either God was not confident in his ability to lead his people into victory, or more likely, the story was alluding to God having the same weakness to iron that fairies have. Either way, he's not omnipotent. Throughout most of the Old Testament, God is portrayed as neither omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, unchanging, or even the only god in existence. He was, in the earliest books, one of many gods. He was supposedly the most powerful of all the gods (every culture thought their gods were best), but he still lost in a wrestling match in which he felt the need to cheat.

The mythos is quite clear on this.  Iron originally comes as meteorites ... and "iron" actually come from a root meaning "holy".  See a similar word, "irenic".  The falling stars are the host of Satan (which is originally a competing Canaanite god just like Ya or El).  Read the Ugarit tablet mythologies.  So in a manner of speaking, the iron in the chariots is "kryptonite" to Ya's superman powers.  Good thing the Egyptians were still in the Bronze Age!  The Torah is a mishmash of various Canaanite, Egyptian, Syrian and Babylonian stories ... all put into Hebrew dress up.  The original story of Abraham probably goes back to Neolithic prehistory, not even as late as the Bronze Age.  At that early time, there were probably lots of people who moved back and forth from shepherding to city life and back again.  That is apparently, archeologically, what happened between what is now Jordan and what is now Israel ... at the end of the Bronze Age ... as well.  The conquest of Canaan wasn't ... it was Jordanian nomads mixing with Canaanite farmers ... and both burning the cities of the Elites.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I guess the book To Serve God isn't a cookbook?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 10, 2017, 03:56:23 PM
I guess the book To Serve God isn't a cookbook?

Not outside of New Guinea ... does this human bone in my nose make me look fat?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Oh, I thought that bone in your nose was just a fancy mustache!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

aitm

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 10, 2017, 08:58:41 AM

If you were smart enough to tell me the book of judges I would have pointed out the cycle of Sin of Israel, warning of God, Israel's continued sin, the conquering and capture of Israel, the occupation of even exodus and repentant stage and the defeat of Israel's enemy's.
Bull-shit...this has nothing to do with that and you know it.

QuoteGod sent the jews into battle yes but the goal was not the defeat of the enemy of the Jews but the destruction of the Jewish army against iron chariots so they could be defeated, captured and through this enemy "Judged" by God.

Utter bull-shit. fabricated lies by a flat out liar.

Quoteis just you being defeated by a wandering ignorance
Nope, it is me proving your babble is complete and utter bull-shit and you just another excuse crying liar.

QuoteSo again when I asked for bcv or in this case just the book, that would have been enough to correct your broken understanding

Bull-shit, it's so you can call your pastor and ask him to tell you the excuse for god getting his ass handed to him by puny humans. The babble says exactly what it says....not the made up excuses of some pathetic drivel of a human needing a father figure to protect him from himself.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Drich0150

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 10, 2017, 03:45:21 PM
God's plan sure does conveniently look a lot like random chance, doesn't it?
in the book of judges??? are you serious??? have you read judged??? It all about God using people like the Canaanites and their army for punishing the Jews. They do this over and over and over again how is it chance when there is a clear pattern?
Anyway, if you read the passage in question, you'd know that God chose not to send his people into battle not because he didn't want them to defeat their enemies, but because they have iron chariots.
No the passage said God was with them and they were defeated because of the chariots. This means God wanted them to take the hit. If god leads you into a situation that is difficult or you come out a loser, then God wanted you to take the hit. You are where God wants you to be.

QuoteEither God was not confident in his ability to lead his people into victory, or more likely, the story was alluding to God having the same weakness to iron that fairies have.
what a narrow minded view... where God only wants what is pleasent for you... no wonder you lost faith at the first sign of rain.. If you've never weathered a storm how can you learn not to fear thunder?

QuoteEither way, he's not omnipotent. Throughout most of the Old Testament, God is portrayed as neither omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, unchanging, or even the only god in existence.
examples?

QuoteHe was, in the earliest books, one of many gods.
Ah, no. that is a moron explanation to the 'names of God.' Names then do not work like names now. so when an exegetical moron comes across a list of 500 names of God he thinks there must been 500 different gods. in truth the moron just does not understand the term name also meant title.

He was supposedly the most powerful of all the gods (every culture thought their gods were best), but he still lost in a wrestling match in which he felt the need to cheat.
that broken hip is a reminder of who is boss. a much needed reminder when God gives you access to the Same Holy Spirit Jesus used to perform His miracles. The power is intoxicating and seeming boundless till you are reminded by your thorn in the flesh.

fencerider

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 10, 2017, 02:39:52 PM
only the self righteous think they are in a position to judge God.

definitely wrong here. We are all in the position to judge gods. If you are a Christian then you judge the god of Islam. If you are Muslim you judge the god of the Bible. If you are Buhdist you judge them both
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Hydra009

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 10, 2017, 09:12:13 AMI simply am reminding you and all of those theologians what God said about Himself
Was that before or after the Olympian Gods fought the Titans and Odin sacrificed one of this eyes in exchange for wisdom?

Hakurei Reimu

OR
Doesn't that make God "being with" someone useless a term? It makes it sound like God is this worthless good-for-nothing roommate who parks himself on your sofa, watching TV, and scarfs down your Cheetos.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Baruch

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on July 10, 2017, 09:02:01 PM
Doesn't that make God "being with" someone useless a term? It makes it sound like God is this worthless good-for-nothing roommate who parks himself on your sofa, watching TV, and scarfs down your Cheetos.

Oh no, not the Cheetos!  Actually the Cheez-its ... only the demonic eat Cheetos ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.