Alpha and Omega takes out Epiricus!

Started by Drich0150, July 06, 2017, 10:17:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: sdelsolray on July 07, 2017, 09:45:57 PM
P1:  Gods are projections of the believers in those gods.
P2:  Poster Dirch1050 believes in certain gods.
P3:  Poster Dirch1050 is a little shit.
C1:  The gods poster Dirch1050 believes in are little shits.

Forgive me, but that was a pretty weak argument.  It leaves you accepting that there are deities, even "little shit" ones.

I am reminded of a false argument from college:

Whales are mammals.  Mammals have hair.  Humans have hair.  Therefore whales are humans.

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 11, 2017, 07:06:32 AM
Forgive me, but that was a pretty weak argument.  It leaves you accepting that there are deities, even "little shit" ones.

Whales are mammals.  Mammals have hair.  Humans have hair.  Therefore whales are humans.

Spoken by the humanoid cave bear ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Drich0150

IDK been to wal-mart @ 3am? an argument could be made for an evolved land based whale..
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Shiranu

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 10, 2017, 02:39:52 PM
God is only an asshole if you think your morality/Righteousness, is set apart and above God's own righteousness (or a self righteousness) if you will.

Meaning only the self righteous think they are in a position to judge God.

It is not God's job to serve or please you. You at best are here to serve Him.

If it is self-righteous to believe in, "Do no unnecessary harm", then I am okay with that. Your god proposes we do harm, so I have no interest in his morality, even if he wields a bigger stick. Which is what your argument essentially comes down to; "My god will beat you up if you don't think like him, so his thinking is superiour!".
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 11, 2017, 05:33:05 PM
IDK been to wal-mart @ 3am? an argument could be made for an evolved land based whale..

Again, lack of charity ... this time toward the obese.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Drich0150

Quote from: fencerider on July 10, 2017, 08:03:14 PM
definitely wrong here. We are all in the position to judge gods. If you are a Christian then you judge the god of Islam. If you are Muslim you judge the god of the Bible. If you are Buhdist you judge them both

Ah... No. Not what I said.  I said there is no one in a position to Judge God. not determine if a god of a given religion is real. Even with in the frame work of their own religion to judge means you have a standard from which you claim a higher 'authority' a higher righteousness. How can that be if this frame work this righteousness is in perpetual contradiction?

In short you/we without God do not have a standard that any of use can live with and not contradict, therefore we are not in a position to judge God.

Which is not the same as judging a religion.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Drich0150

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 10, 2017, 08:55:03 PM
Was that before or after the Olympian Gods fought the Titans and Odin sacrificed one of this eyes in exchange for wisdom?
Does it matter?

Drich0150

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on July 10, 2017, 09:02:01 PM
Doesn't that make God "being with" someone useless a term? It makes it sound like God is this worthless good-for-nothing roommate who parks himself on your sofa, watching TV, and scarfs down your Cheetos.

No when God over see a loss it is to build one back stronger. It is God introducing a controlled amount of pain into your spirit to improve who you are. Pain is weakness leaving the Spirit. without it we are worthless. with it we are forged from soft iron to harden steel.

Drich0150

Quote from: aitm on July 10, 2017, 05:11:31 PM
Bull-shit...this has nothing to do with that and you know it.

Utter bull-shit. fabricated lies by a flat out liar.
Nope, it is me proving your babble is complete and utter bull-shit and you just another excuse crying liar.

Bull-shit, it's so you can call your pastor and ask him to tell you the excuse for god getting his ass handed to him by puny humans. The babble says exactly what it says....not the made up excuses of some pathetic drivel of a human needing a father figure to protect him from himself.

When did no trolling exclude staff?

Drich0150

Not a false argument given the single requirement/parameter. If how ever there were many different parameters between whales and humans, and they were listed then yes this would be a false argument.

Cavebear

When I see a series of posts from an ignored idiot, I rest assured ignoring him is the right thing to do.

Drich0150

Quote from: Shiranu on July 11, 2017, 07:27:44 PM
If it is self-righteous to believe in, "Do no unnecessary harm", then I am okay with that. Your god proposes we do harm, so I have no interest in his morality, even if he wields a bigger stick.
what a short sided moronic statement.

So... unborn babies, to the sum of 1.5 billion since 1973, the complete destruction of the Iraqi government and hundreds of thousands of it's people. 2/3's of the taliban, and we are committed to wipe ISIS off the face of the earth, and we have 10 million north koreans in our cross hairs for complete destruction as well???

Compared to God's total which is.. what exactly? 1 million 10? This generation has kill 150 times that in the name of "Necessary Harm" you blind douche... Or did you not think those in whom God ordered the deaths of, were also the equivalent of the north koreans or ISIS in the OT days??? Do you assholes not read the horror and hell the Canaanites rained down on the jews??? Or the enslavement by the syerians?? What do you think we would do to an invading country who took and enslaved 2/3's of our population?

Do you not know that their children are trained to fight and hate us? How many major cities will have to burn or be written off, before you people get the nature of the wars they fight. Look what they are willing to do their own homes (Aleppo) and families to win a conflict based on "morality." how much more hurt do you think the would visit on us if they could??? Why would you think that stakes were any lower in the times the OT jews fought their enemies???

QuoteWhich is what your argument essentially comes down to; "My god will beat you up if you don't think like him, so his thinking is superiour!".
Yes for a moron who has not read the bible the narritive could indeed be that because he has that power. But, that not what the bibe says God did with that power. rather He has forgiven us, rather than beat it out of us.

Baruch

Drich ... I have read the Bible, in the original languages.  It is Jewish bullshit ... as a Jew, I know it when I see it.  Too bad you Gentiles are so hung up on it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

I suppose I will peek at ignored posts one of these days out of morbid curiosity.  But not today...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 28, 2017, 03:47:55 AM
I suppose I will peek at ignored posts one of these days out of morbid curiosity.  But not today...

Drich was banned.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.