Alpha and Omega takes out Epiricus!

Started by Drich0150, July 06, 2017, 10:17:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 07, 2017, 01:54:56 PM
Does not complain, just points out how hard it is to keep track when everything is in one thread.

So tooting your own horn then. Expecting praise for your hard work of making stuff up.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 07, 2017, 01:32:10 PMold computer gets hung up on videos alot please explain video if you want comment.
You would have me, a mere mortal, transcribe the satirical brilliance of Brian Keith Dalton and his lovely wife?  Impossibility.  Beyond contemplating, even.

Do yourself a favor and upgrade from your etch-a-sketch to a computer that can reliably handle basic internet multimedia.

Hydra009

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 07, 2017, 01:32:10 PMActually it is a step above Omnipotence (which is a biblically correct word used to describe God) in that God's own will and discernment is the measure of when and how His ultimate power is used.
Ah, so it's super-omnipotence.  That makes sense.

*nods and backs away*
*starts car*
*floors it*

Shiranu

So what your saying is he is still a douchebag and that's why he should be worshiped.

No thanks.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

aitm

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 07, 2017, 01:32:10 PM

Actually it is a step above Omnipotence (which is a biblically correct word used to describe God) in that God's own will and discernment is the measure of when and how His ultimate power is used.

Ultimate power.....unless you are on a chariot with iron wheels then ole god is pretty fucking useless. Read the babble...it's all in there.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Drich0150

Quote from: fencerider on July 07, 2017, 10:41:00 PM
where did you come up with this ridiculousness? or did you make it up yourself?
It came from God Himself Sport.

Alpha means first, Omega means last. It's a fancy way to say he is the only real god that is or ever was. It says nothing about his abilities.

Evil doesn't just come from personal choice. I guess you forgot the Bible says god created evil.

rev 1:8
The Lord God says, “I am the Alpha and the Omega. I am the one who is, who always was, and who is coming. I am the All-Powerful.”

The beginning and end of what??? that is the key Of time yes, but also Authority (I am the one who is, always was, and yet to come) He is the supreme God and... all powerful. That means this God sibmit to anyone nor any authority. Like say morality for example. If this God has to submit to the rules of "morality" then Morality would be the end or final word on what is right and what is not.

Of this this God were an Omni max God then He would have to submit himself to the rules of an Omni-max God, and those rules or whom ever enforced those rules would have supreme authority/The last word.

As it is This God is all powerful WITH the FIRST and LAST Word on everything.

This mean God could create a rock so big He could not lift it IF He wanted to , or He couldn't. Because He has first say and final say over what He wants to do show the real meaning of "All powerful" and not just a tip of the hat to this supposed power that is often tripped up by a child's paradox.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Drich0150

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 07, 2017, 11:05:15 PM
So tooting your own horn then. Expecting praise for your hard work of making stuff up.

I don't understand...

How is creating several point specific thread tooting my own horn, because I can't keep track of the different subjects???

Then just curious what do you think is made up? and why?
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Drich0150

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 08, 2017, 12:24:01 AM
Ah, so it's super-omnipotence.  That makes sense.

*nods and backs away*
*starts car*
*floors it*

Think about how flawed the Omni-max God really is. how it can be tripped u so easily with children's paradoxes. Can God create a rock So big He can not lift it/ If God is all powerful and all loving why is their sin, if God is all this why is he then not all of that as well bla bla bla...

Omni max is our term our religious way of trying to sum up all the different powers God has into one words or word phrase..

Here's the thing... God has already included a term in the bible that our 'religious leaders' failed to understand. Or rather over the dark ages forgotten the meaning of.

So not a super Omni-max, but simply back to the worlds the Jews and John of patmos recorded. "I am the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and End of all things,"

This again put's I AM in charge of infinite power. Not the word definitions or principalities..

Drich0150

Quote from: aitm on July 08, 2017, 08:00:23 AM
Ultimate power.....unless you are on a chariot with iron wheels then ole god is pretty fucking useless. Read the babble...it's all in there.

BCV as per rule 11 please

Or rather if you could just tell me the book, and I could explain contextually why that incident was found in that book and what it means.

aitm

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 09, 2017, 02:53:39 PM
and I could explain contextually why that incident was found in that book and what it means.

and the verse says the god could not smite the bastards cause their chariots had wheel of iron......not a difficult verse,,pretty easy to google....kinda wonder how one spins that....got to be fun though eh? Grab your little pussy and twist it to the left..twist it to the right...stand up, sit down, fight fight fight.....and ..of course...make shit up.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Hydra009

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 09, 2017, 02:52:01 PMThink about how flawed the Omni-max God really is. how it can be tripped u so easily with children's paradoxes.
Exactly.  Generations of theologians (and the occasional intelligent person) couldn't fix it.  And neither can you.

Blackleaf

Quote from: aitm on July 09, 2017, 09:58:43 PM
and the verse says the god could not smite the bastards cause their chariots had wheel of iron......not a difficult verse,,pretty easy to google....kinda wonder how one spins that....got to be fun though eh? Grab your little pussy and twist it to the left..twist it to the right...stand up, sit down, fight fight fight.....and ..of course...make shit up.

Apologists will claim that the weakness was in God's people, not God himself. That the Hebrews were not prepared to challenge their enemies who were equipped with iron chariots. But this is the same god who gave Sampson the super powers to kill armies with nothing but the jawbone of an ass. This is the same god who brought down the walls of Jericho with nothing but a parade and some trumpets. God can give flawless victory to his armies when he wants to, yet when he doesn't Christians conveniently fall back to the excuse of human weakness.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 09, 2017, 10:46:03 PM
Apologists will claim that the weakness was in God's people, not God himself. That the Hebrews were not prepared to challenge their enemies who were equipped with iron chariots. But this is the same god who gave Sampson the super powers to kill armies with nothing but the jawbone of an ass. This is the same god who brought down the walls of Jericho with nothing but a parade and some trumpets. God can give flawless victory to his armies when he wants to, yet when he doesn't Christians conveniently fall back to the excuse of human weakness.

Doesn't change the fact ... that in reality not scripture ... everything does depend on people, who are weak.  If not now, when?  If not me, who? - Rabbi Hillel
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Drich0150

Quote from: aitm on July 09, 2017, 09:58:43 PM
What Book sport what book was the question not can you give me a bad exegetical synopsis of this passage.

If you were smart enough to tell me the book of judges I would have pointed out the cycle of Sin of Israel, warning of God, Israel's continued sin, the conquering and capture of Israel, the occupation of even exodus and repentant stage and the defeat of Israel's enemy's.

This theme in the book of Judges 1 and 2 is through out it is the only prevalent them. God sent the jews into battle yes but the goal was not the defeat of the enemy of the Jews but the destruction of the Jewish army against iron chariots so they could be defeated, captured and through this enemy "Judged" by God. So through out the whole book of Judges God uses many different enemy's to "judge" the wickedness of His people.

So your 'defeat' against iron chariots??? is just you being defeated by a wandering ignorance prevalent in the atheist community. The only question is will you turn and learn something, or will you embrace the ignorance and challenge the common knowledge concerning the Judgement of Israel throughout the books of judges..

So again when I asked for bcv or in this case just the book, that would have been enough to correct your broken understanding of the relationship between God and the Jews. In that the Jews were never meant to win all battles under God, That God used some battles/wars to punish the Jews for disobedience.

Drich0150

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 09, 2017, 10:09:14 PM
Exactly.  Generations of theologians (and the occasional intelligent person) couldn't fix it.  And neither can you.
Indeed, but God did in his description of an alpha and omega God thousands of years ago.. I simply am reminding you and all of those theologians what God said about Himself, rather than try and fix what we say or how we describe God.

Now name one paradox that remains when you put the alpha and Omega's Will in the "fore front" of all His decisions.