Eternal Life? You Might Want To Rethink That...

Started by Solomon Zorn, July 05, 2017, 06:12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on July 05, 2017, 04:13:29 PM
I think we all have our, "Book of Job,"(with the possible exception of our current president).

Ecclesiastes, by the way, is my second favorite portion of the Christian(Protestant) Bible. Right after the "Sermon On the Mount," and followed closely by Proverbs, and the Epistles of John.

i have edited several posts in this string.  Enjoy.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I like Ecclesiastes the best, because it really tells it like it is. All the God stuff was added after the fact of it's writing, I think.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 05, 2017, 04:20:19 PM
I like Ecclesiastes the best, because it really tells it like it is. All the God stuff was added after the fact of it's writing, I think.

So you admit to being yet another cynical old fart? ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: Baruch on July 05, 2017, 01:21:44 PM
This spontaneously happened to me many years ago when in REM sleep, and I had the self consciousness to pull myself back, to wake up ... otherwise I wouldn't have ended up in un-normality, but stuck in abnormality.  My wife was in bed next to me, asleep, but I was unaware of her, she couldn't have helped me if I had called out for help.
Not quite sure that I groked all of that, but it reminds me of my most personally horrifying experience, as a schizophrenic: to keep it brief, my only other experience with insomnia, was...fuck I don't even remember exactly how many years ago(and pretty much irrelevant anyway)...but it was(unlike this time,  when I usually get, at least, an hour or two a night of sleep) TOTAL INSOMNIA, for 15 days. At the time, I was still fascinated enough, with the voices, etc., that I cooperated with them in, what I perceived to be, their attempt to show me how to do what they were doing, and be in two places at once. More or less cross a threshold, allowing me to be in my physical body, and be able to walk around, as a "spirit," or whatever, and apparently fuck with the lives of people who can hear you, but not join you. So not only did they keep me awake that UNGODLY LONG time, but they also convinced me to FAST - as in STARVE MYSELF for 15 days, as well. I don't even recall, now, how I ended up in the hospital, but they poured bag, after bag, of saline into me, and I still pissed dark brown for hours(The upside is, that in those two weeks, I lost 27 pounds.)

Anyway, getting to the point, they put me on a high dose of Seroquil, a nightmare of a drug, that only made the experience about 5 times worse. Then they put me alone, in a room with two beds. To wrap it up, with something that relates, a little, to what you were saying...basically, one of the few memories of that day, that my brain hasn't either suppressed, or deleted, was that for quite some time, I WAS OCCUPYING BOTH OF THE BEDS.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 05, 2017, 04:20:19 PM
I know what you're saying, but I  tend to think, that King Solomon, like most geniuses, was still a product of the culture that he lived in. In this case, Jewish culture.

Unbeliever

I seriously doubt that any King Solomon wrote  any part of the Bible, much less Ecclesiastes.
God Not Found

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 05, 2017, 04:52:13 PM
I seriously doubt that any King Solomon wrote  any part of the Bible, much less Ecclesiastes.
You may be right, at least in part, who knows? Does it invalidate anything in the book though?

Unbeliever

I don't think so. After all, it isn't my favorite Bible book because of who wrote it, but because much of what it says sounds about right to me.
God Not Found

Baruch

Deleted

PS - bi-location is a commonly defined siddhi (supernatural power) in Hindu stories.  The trick isn't that you perceive that you are in two places at once, but that someone other than you has evidence that you were in two places at once.  There are lots of non-scientific ways to explain this, but I won't bother here.

So was your spirit leader Sasquatch or Kujo? ;-)  Just as long as it wasn't Iron John or Lord of the Flies ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 05, 2017, 04:52:13 PM

MacBeth didn't write MacBeth either, it was a fake news story to please King James (who is descended from King Malcolm).  Shakespeare wrote a lot of truthiness ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Actually, his name was Jedidiah, but who cares...
God Not Found

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 05, 2017, 06:27:52 PM
...but who cares...
I can almost grok you too, Brother...almost...just articulate slightly more, with your heart, and I'll be there... :agreenod: