Why we need coal, Trump the saviour

Started by Reoas, July 04, 2017, 04:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reoas

In Final Fantasy 7, Dyne and Barret argues over using Shinra corporation because Coal is not used anymore in North Corel where coaling is passed on for generations. But the company Shinra aka EU exploits it to their benefit and the city turns to dust. Just like Greece.

So you see, if Hillary won she would rebuild Shinra and make them even poorer. Trump saves them from Shinra EU corporations who is enslaving the whole Final Fantasy world to be dependant on them aswell as having Turks helping them in someway.
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/North_Corel

aitm

Thank you....I shall finally be able to get a good nights rest....
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mike Cl

Yeah, but--what if Final Fantasy is not final. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Final Fantasy is ... there is a free lunch.  Believing that BS isn't final, it is fatal.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Reoas on July 04, 2017, 04:53:54 PM
In Final Fantasy 7, Dyne and Barret argues over using Shinra corporation because Coal is not used anymore in North Corel where coaling is passed on for generations. But the company Shinra aka EU exploits it to their benefit and the city turns to dust. Just like Greece.

So you see, if Hillary won she would rebuild Shinra and make them even poorer. Trump saves them from Shinra EU corporations who is enslaving the whole Final Fantasy world to be dependant on them aswell as having Turks helping them in someway.
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/North_Corel
Oh yeah, well UNICEF is like one of those mushrooms from Super Mario Brothers and Trumpsters/Goombas are stealing money from the poor and squirreling it away in those multi-hit coin blocks and Mario and Luigi are Joe Scarborough and Jared from Subway, therefore we should go back to the gold standard.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 04, 2017, 06:31:56 PM
Oh yeah, well UNICEF is like one of those mushrooms from Super Mario Brothers and Trumpsters/Goombas are stealing money from the poor and squirreling it away in those multi-hit coin blocks and Mario and Luigi are Joe Scarborough and Jared from Subway, therefore we should go back to the gold standard.

You make sense to me.  I find it refreshing that our new person takes fiction seriously, particularly video game fiction.  So long as he/she doesn't go all GTA on us!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Solomon Zorn

I know I already started a thread devoted to John Oliver, but this is one of my favorite segments. Like all of them, informative, and funny as fuck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw6RsUhw1Q8
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Trump should say ... in regard to your last post ... "Sad".  Robertson is a former R party presidential candidate.  He was the main reason why I stopped voting for the R party candidates, 30 years ago, because his candidacy got any traction at all.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

There is always another "Final"...

A decade ago, tectonic geologists referred to the next consolidation of continents as "Pangaea Ultima".  But then someone asked "Will that be the last consolidation?" and they said, well, no there will be others.  So , how could that be "ultima"?  So they changed it to "Pangaea Penultimate".  It won't be "next to ultimate" either, but its an improvement.

Scientific American has an article about multiverses becoming generally accepted as a viable hypothesis.  With unending combinations of possible particles and physical laws.  I suspect this means that there is actually no end to possible questions for us to answer. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 06, 2017, 06:18:47 AM
There is always another "Final"...

A decade ago, tectonic geologists referred to the next consolidation of continents as "Pangaea Ultima".  But then someone asked "Will that be the last consolidation?" and they said, well, no there will be others.  So , how could that be "ultima"?  So they changed it to "Pangaea Penultimate".  It won't be "next to ultimate" either, but its an improvement.

Scientific American has an article about multiverses becoming generally accepted as a viable hypothesis.  With unending combinations of possible particles and physical laws.  I suspect this means that there is actually no end to possible questions for us to answer.

There are no limits to the questions we can ask.  Say ... how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.  Materialists make similar nonsense.  There is a limit to what we can answer, that isn't also nonsense.  Unless you believe in the Omega Point, in which case you are a heretic Catholic theologian.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Roeo

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on July 05, 2017, 02:31:05 PM
I know I already started a thread devoted to John Oliver, but this is one of my favorite segments. Like all of them, informative, and funny as fuck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw6RsUhw1Q8
I tend to think of this whenever i see his face.

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cavebear

Once upon a time, there was wood.  And wood burned.  It was for sure the ultimate fuel.

Then someone discovered they could light dried peat, and that was wonderful.  The wood-burners hated it.

Then some crazy lunatic discovered ancient compressed peat and called it coal and it was wonderful.  The old peat burners and wood-burners hated it. 

Get the drift?

We are now at the point where direct sunlight can be converted to energy, and all the previous fuel-people hate it.  And wind.  And tidal energy.  They hate it all.  What became of the wood-burners who stripped the continents of trees?  Even though it is becoming  cheaper and more of it than most people need? 

The candle-makers fought the light bulbs for decades.  Which would you prefer now?  The incandescent bulb makers fought the CFLs and LEDs for years.  Which do you prefer now?  I haven't had a CFL or LED bulb burn out for at least 5 years now.  And I can leave an LED on all day and use less energy than an incandescent in an hour.

Bet there are better things to come soon, too.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Roeo on July 06, 2017, 07:58:41 AM
I tend to think of this whenever i see his face.

Sorry, did you create two similar accounts under two similar names?  That is a no-no.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.