Sinclair Broadcast Group and the Extremist Right

Started by Shiranu, July 03, 2017, 04:11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Short summary; Sinclair Broadcast Group (the largest owner of local t.v. media), through a merger, is on the verge of becoming even larger. This is a channel that actively is pushing propaganda about how millennials are ruining the nation, how colleges are indoctrinated our kids to be weak snowflakes, and other such hogwash (basically, see pr's posts, add some racism against blacks and latinos, and put them on t.v.). One of Trump's lackies who spread shit just as ridiculous as the Big Orange himself on national T.V.? Presenter.

Then throw in their political bias on commercials. Sorry, bias? I should say outright lies and slander. Unless Obama really was funded by Hamas, and since he didn't say that's false it's clearly true.

Oh, and they send scripts to local channels they bought to spread their far-right ideology.

Even better? A mandatory segment that shares false stories that even Brietbart were hesitant to jump on to stir up fear of Muslims.

So I have to ask... when the far/alt-right own the local media, when they own the number one news channel in America, when they own slews of websites that get millions of views, when they have a House and Senate who are sympathetic to them at best and agree with them at their worse, when the president himself was elected on the back of this fear mongering... how in the actual fuck can people say with a straight face that it is the left that is destroying their country? It's actively shitting on someone's desk infront of them, and then telling them that they were actually the ones who shit on it and they need to stop ruining the desk... but don't worry, the guy who actually took the shit will make desks great again!

[/size]
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

The Left and Right are similar in this way ... the Left wants the government to own all of it, and the Right wants one billionaire to own it ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

I love the alt-right rumor cycle.  If you have an idea even too outrageous to air yourself, you whisper it to a blogger.  THAT person blogs about it and then YOU can air the rumor quoting the blogger as the source.  It is so sickly cynical...  But the audience absorbs it.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on July 03, 2017, 04:11:15 AMThen throw in their political bias on commercials. Sorry, bias? I should say outright lies and slander
Nevermind whether or not it's factually true, does it feel true?  If so, then it's true.

Meanwhile, the leftwing media spews all sorts of stuff that they supposedly have a ton of evidence for, but it doesn't feel true so it isn't.  Stuff like global warming (more like global cooling), evolution (monkey-to-man hypothesis), and this weird idea they call secularism (the constution doesn't mention any wall, unless you mean the right to a border wall).  You can't fool me with your lies, MSM!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 03, 2017, 08:45:17 AM
I love the alt-right rumor cycle.  If you have an idea even too outrageous to air yourself, you whisper it to a blogger.  THAT person blogs about it and then YOU can air the rumor quoting the blogger as the source.  It is so sickly cynical...  But the audience absorbs it.

The Alt-left believes that all conservatives are Nazi KKK people.  I guess they think they are master race material, and have genocide envy ;-)

I am not Left or Right ... I find ape men ... disturbed.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.