News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Road Rage

Started by Drew_2017, July 02, 2017, 03:38:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 06, 2017, 07:08:54 AM
My phone is in my pocket when I'm driving, I can't get at it easily enough to answer a call.
I do that on purpose too.

Cavebear

"Officer, I have a license to carry a cell-phone, don't shoot...
  Bang!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on July 06, 2017, 07:42:11 AM
"Officer, I have a license to carry a cell-phone, don't shoot...
  Bang!
That's in the "news" for a reason.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

For God's sake!  Some people can't refrain from answering their phone when being held at gun point:  "Excuse me, Officer.  I have to take this."

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on July 06, 2017, 07:56:46 AM
For God's sake!  Some people can't refrain from answering their phone when being held at gun point:  "Excuse me, Officer.  I have to take this."
The sad thing is that I can well imagine that.  And the officer accepting it. 

SGOS

Quote from: Cavebear on July 06, 2017, 08:04:42 AM
The sad thing is that I can well imagine that.  And the officer accepting it. 
Yes, that would be my logical conclusion to the situation.  You never ever fuck with someone's phone call.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on July 06, 2017, 08:19:01 AM
Yes, that would be my logical conclusion to the situation.  You never ever fuck with someone's phone call.

I want a cell phone field nullifier...

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 06, 2017, 07:08:54 AM
My phone is in my pocket when I'm driving, I can't get at it easily enough to answer a call.

Do you put it on vibe ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

It would be real torture to have your cell ringing while you're handcuffed. Worst than the Chinese water torture!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on July 06, 2017, 02:07:06 PM
Do you put it on vibe ;-)
Yes, but only for the arousal.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on July 06, 2017, 07:56:46 AM
I see you know Teenage Negasonic Warhead.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Drew_2017

I have not had a telephone call for at least 15 years that had to be answered at once.  The last one I had that was important was a hospital that called saying they had my Dad and he could care for himself any more.  And THAT could have been a voice mail message because they were holding him for observation and just found my telephone number in his wallet.

Nothing is really urgent anymore, is it?

I think most young folks today would walk outside of the house nude before they walked out without a phone. I still brave going out without a phone, I'm a thrill seeker.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Albert Einstein

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jex6k2uvf9aljrq/theism.rtf?dl=0

Gawdzilla Sama

As I was going to the grocery store today I noticed a line of cars stopped at a light. Four cars in a row, motionless. There was 3-4 car lengths from the first car to the crosswalk. The light was green for them. They were all bent over their phones.

I have no hope for civilization.
PZ Myers

AllPurposeAtheist

I've seen pictures of you posing in the latest fashions in stores Shiranu.. If I was a cop in your town I'd pull you over and give you ten tickets for..well..you know.. lol
I'm pretty sure there's some law about posing in the latest fashions whilst driving and if there isn't there oughtta be. They should make you take remedial posing in the latest fashions whilst driving classes..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 06, 2017, 09:40:34 PM
As I was going to the grocery store today I noticed a line of cars stopped at a light. Four cars in a row, motionless. There was 3-4 car lengths from the first car to the crosswalk. The light was green for them. They were all bent over their phones.

I have no hope for civilization.
I give a driver a 3 second count.  Then I hit the horn briefly.  Then LOUD if no response.  I just want distracted drivers to pull into a parking lot. 

What is the new version of "get a room"...?