News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Fun bugs from hell

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, June 29, 2017, 01:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on July 01, 2017, 08:54:13 AM
I wouldn't mind watching, just to get an idea about it's effectiveness.  But if the video is just a guy shooting a hornets nest and not being attacked, it wouldn't be interesting enough to go viral.
Hence the "waiting".
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on July 01, 2017, 08:19:47 AMI have a friend who uses a shotgun on hornet's nests.  So far he hasn't been stung, and he claims it's highly effective.  I'm not convinced, however.
Dragon's breath ammo?

Cavebear

Well, it would certainly work from a distance.  And a distance is what I would want from hornets!

Possible equation for shooting a hornet nest:  D (damage to hornet nest) x S (speed of hornet travel) - T (travel time of shooter to inside of house).  So D*S-T equals likelihood of being stung mildly or fatally.  Minor variables would include species of hornet, clumsiness of shooter, and IQ of shooter (this being a double variable as the higher the IQ the less likely the event to occur AND the lower the IQ, the more likely the shooter will stand there stupidly and watch the hornets go crazy).
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

Hell, just take off and nuke 'em from orbit - it's the only way to be sure...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 11, 2017, 05:43:46 PM
Hell, just take off and nuke 'em from orbit - it's the only way to be sure...

Yeah, only way to be sure...

Isn't it amazing how many movie plots would be stopped in their tracks with a little logic?  I'm finding it harder to watch sci-fi movies these days because the characters have to make Bad Decisions. 

Can you just imagine the Alien movies starting out.  "Wow, eggs, BURN 'EM, BURN 'EM ALL"!  LOL!  And thanks folks for comin to the show, buy some popcorn on the way out!

;)
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!