Canada court says that Trudeau Jr can censor the entire internet ...

Started by Baruch, June 28, 2017, 08:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

More fake news ... here is the EFF link ...

https://www.eff.org/cases/google-v-equustek

Basically, a Canadian court ruled today, that per Canadian law, Canada can censor the entire internet (in their case against Google as precedent).  But then Canada is part of the Five Eyes!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

fencerider

the only part I understood was the clap trap that they would be blocking information that Americans have a Constitutional right to know. There isnt any Constitutional right to know anything. To say that it applies to the internet is pulling fake news outa your ass. To say it applies to Canadian internet is making fake news outa somebody elses ass

Does EFF stand foe eccentric funny frauds?
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Cavebear

Quote from: fencerider on June 29, 2017, 12:51:19 AM
the only part I understood was the clap trap that they would be blocking information that Americans have a Constitutional right to know. There isnt any Constitutional right to know anything. To say that it applies to the internet is pulling fake news outa your ass. To say it applies to Canadian internet is making fake news outa somebody elses ass

Does EFF stand foe eccentric funny frauds?

I must disagree with you on this.  I maintain there IS a right to know how the government operates and what it is doing.

I base this on the following premise:  The citizenry are not clients or customers of the Government; instead the members of the Government are our employees and answerable to us in all ways at all times.  We do in some special circumstances grant them the right to some secrets (as intergovernmental relations are sometimes like a chess game when the strategy should not be known), but in general we the people have a right to know all for the betterment of choosing our employees!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Here here ... I wish you were right Cavebear.  But we know what the government folks really think, particularly at the top.  They don't see themselves as employees except for their rich sponsors.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.