News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

when God shows up

Started by Drich0150, June 28, 2017, 02:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drich0150

Quote from: Munch on July 14, 2017, 03:59:10 PM
Uh oh, looks like you just broke one of god's rules.

https://www.openbible.info/topics/insults

Tut tut, need to work your rules and regulations.
Ephesians 4:31-32 ESV / 75 helpful votes[/quote]???   

QuoteLet all bitterness
I'm not bitter. I simply weigh back to you the same measure of harsh debate that you throw at me, the only difference is I cite my sources and back up what I say with reference material. If you do not like the sting of being shown wrong in a debate then simply vet your claims. make the corrections yourselves. How much mercy is any Christian given when He is academically wrong? Then why would you want a double standard for yourself?

Quoteand wrath
I Show No wrath whatso ever.

Quoteand anger
I show anger at hyprocrisy which is well documented that Christ did the same.

Quoteand clamor
I don't know what this means in this context.

Quoteand slander
Never slandered anyone.

Quotebe put away from you, along with all malice
.I hold absolutly no malice. I treat each post independently from the last. We could blast each other last post, and  Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving on the next.

Quoteone another, as God in Christ forgave you.
Again I hold no one in contempt.

My angry words are not the angry words of an atheist. I do focus on the person but am at war with the foolishness you people adopt. The thing seems to be you can separate the foolishness you adopt from who you are as a person. Which is fine, just to lie to yourself and make me out to hate or be against any one person as that is not the truth.

QuoteJames 1:26 ESV / 132 helpful votes   

If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless

In my younger days I have chased atheists off message boards. Even now I have been know to silence the whole religious discussion side of whole boards. When I get close to running off all new members now I simply goto another website now. I am not looking to hurt anyone anymore.

So then which 'command' are you saying I am breaking, and please give examples.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Shiranu

QuoteThen why would you want a double standard for yourself?

Didn't your Christ tell you to turn the other cheek and be the better man?

Must be like alot of the other messages he preached that went over your head.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Drich0150

Quote from: Shiranu on July 17, 2017, 09:01:00 AM
Didn't your Christ tell you to turn the other cheek and be the better man?

Must be like alot of the other messages he preached that went over your head.

Did He when He was harshly question by the Pharisees?

Here's a hint sport:
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=mat+23&version=ERV

Just incase you didn't read the whole thing here is a whole chapter where Jesus is in a full on flaming rant against the 'religious hypocrites' of His day. This is the position you all have taken against Christianity. Almost the same arguments in some cases.

Here's an idea.. Your version of Jesus failed when you tested it. Mind did not. why do you think that is? I'd day because your version of Jesus was a one dimensional character who could not stand up to life's scrutiny.

While I worship a multifaceted God who is allowed to be emotional who does tell people to try and do better than they are being treated , but also makes provisions for teachers to take things to extremes so long as they know their judgment for doing so will be more carfully weighed out/harsher.

1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Blackleaf

I hope Dick doesn't have and never has children. He'd be the type of bad parent who blames his problems and behavior on his kids.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Munch

Seriously, reading a deeply religious nut babble on and on about their own interpretation of their religious text is like listening to a child losing at game they invented their friends to play but keeps making up new rules to come out on top
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on July 17, 2017, 10:57:22 AM
Seriously, reading a deeply religious nut babble on and on about their own interpretation of their religious text is like listening to a child losing at game they invented their friends to play but keeps making up new rules to come out on top

That is what politics is.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Drich0150

Quote from: Munch on July 17, 2017, 10:57:22 AM
Says the douche who just on post 158 was desperately trying to use the bible to your ill gotten gain. then when I showed you to be a cherry picking sundae school theist you pout and want nothing to do with the bible.

You are the worst kind of hypocrite. If you are going to post 'medicine' from the bible and expect others to yield to it, then oh great 'teacher' yu too should also be ready to be disciplined from the bible and yield to it, lest you be found a foolish hypocrite.

Munch

Shiranu

QuoteHere's an idea.. Your version of Jesus failed when you tested it. Mind did not.

Then I have no interest in your Jesus, since he is one of hatred and prickedness rather than love and compassion.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

aitm

meh, wasted energy on him. He is very much like a pig...he enjoys wrestling in the mud. Meh.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Drich0150

Quote from: Shiranu on July 17, 2017, 01:55:38 PM
Then I have no interest in your Jesus, since he is one of hatred and prickedness rather than love and compassion.

Not everyone is mean to be saved... Not everyone belongs to God. Many see salvation as slavery to a wicked deity. If this is your thing then know I am not here to convince or debate you. I am here for the others who do not know God, but think they do.

Colanth

I've been gone for how many years and nothing's changed, has it?
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Munch

Quote from: Colanth on July 17, 2017, 04:04:14 PM
I've been gone for how many years and nothing's changed, has it?

NOPE, and welcome back

Mike Cl

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 17, 2017, 03:43:26 PM
Not everyone is mean to be saved... Not everyone belongs to God. Many see salvation as slavery to a wicked deity. If this is your thing then know I am not here to convince or debate you. I am here for the others who do not know God, but think they do.
Don't you mean --Not everyone mean is to be saved?  I suspect that you believe you are in the saved mean part. 

Or did you mean--Not everyone is mean--to be saved; which sort of suggests that some are mean and some are not, and we all know what group you are in.

Or did you mean---you are about as difficult to understand as figuring out what the bible 'really' means.

Not everyone belongs to god???????  Okay, then, did god pump out humans that were ordered by other gods or entities??  For example, if Thor needed some creatures, he would put his order in to god and then god would pump them out, and they, then, belonged to Thor and not god?  Really.  You are creative in your own sick, fucked up way. 

You are here to talk to those of us who think we know god but we really don't?  :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))  You would have a better chance to convince us that Marvin the Martian is really real.  And that Heckle and Jeckle are his care takers.  And I know Bugs Bunny would back you up!

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 17, 2017, 03:43:26 PM

Speaking to yourself in the mirror again?  I don't think you know G-d.  Not that it really matters.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.