News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

when God shows up

Started by Drich0150, June 28, 2017, 02:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 14, 2017, 12:31:03 PM
If I were the prince of darkness then would I not be welcomed here?

Your Zoroastrian dualism ... doesn't become you.  You will have great difficulty crossing the knife edged bridge to paradise.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 14, 2017, 01:16:02 PM
Umm.............not even close to getting it are you, Sport??!!  The Prince of Darkness is just as fictional as your god(s).  It was solely created by men to scare and control other men; sort of like your god.  Ya see, Sport, this is how it IS--there is no Thor, there is no Jupiter (the man not the planet--have to spell things out for you), no Isis, Bugs Bunny, no Paul Bunyan, no Minnie Mouse, no.................fill in the name of any other deity. But even tho the prince of darkness is not real, neither is your message of your gods.  You are simply a small mined, hate filled, pitiful man who is so deluded that he thinks anybody on this board gives a good crap about his 'message'; all you have demonstrated to date is that you are lost in your own little world of insanity; small mined and hateful.

I can't follow all the quotes, sorry.  But if I understand the argument, Drich is saying that if we atheists don't believe in HIS deities, we MUST be worshiping a satanic one.  I've herd that so many times.  It is so sad.  The idea that we worship none of the supernatural powers other humans have created just doesn't sink in. 

I don't believe in God, Allah, Yaweh, Satan, Shaitan, Buddha, Loki, Isis, Metamusil, Hela, Thunderpants, Crocodilegod, or any human-imagined deities and never will.

Get OVER it drich-stick!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Drich0150

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on July 13, 2017, 11:12:55 PM
I certainly don't understand your usage of it.
There. Right there. That's where any specter of humility disappears and becomes arrogance.
Or perhaps my thought processes are just a little different than yours are. where you look to sugar coat everything in social cushion I look for word definitions and meaning to extrapolate what is being communicated. My example showed you using a word, and behaving to the contrary. so at that point I see a contradiction I ask for a point of clarity as I would expect from any of you I treat you with the same dignity, rather than assume your meaning and carry on by thinking the worst of you.

Asking you to clarify yourself should not be a reason for you to demote me from humanity... Seriously how mess up does one have to be for this to be treated as a rape or murder in your mind?

QuoteYou have been given talent by the fucking creator of the universe, the most ultimate being that you have conjured in your mind.
And if it is not an internal process? What if I learn new things through this creator? then can google or go back in scripture and vet what I've learned! How does that work if my creator is actually me? wouldn't it then be limited by what I know? how then could it give me a picture of creation that any of you have yet to even come close to refuting scriptural or through the fossil record. All of that was given to me in like maybe 15 mins of watching and writing. I was given a complete tour of the Gates of Hell that is 100% biblically accurate when I knew nothing of the bible hell or God. Again, how am I dreaming what I do not previously know anything about?

QuoteHow could such a notion be wrong?
Check or vet the "god given facts" if they are wrong then they are not of God. "Question everything hold onto what is Good!!"

QuoteAnd if I were to accept that reasoning, that would make me arrogant, too.
Again please define the word. Because what I offer is not of me, nor is it for you to accept. I offer a simple direction written out by God. Everything else is an example of how God can work in a life.

QuoteIn a way, your fellow Christians have one thing right: nobody deserves heaven.
I agree

QuoteThen again, this is true in many senses of that statement.
how so?

QuoteAgain, you arrogantly presume the worth of your 'knowledge,' that it means "everything" to me.
lol.. no. I only speak to truth seekers. If you want the truth here it is. Again as I was being consumed by Hell my biggest regret was not knowing the truth. I had believed all the atheist rhetoric because as an atheist sheep it made sense. But once I knew the truth I was certain I would have followed it, as that is all I really wanted. In all of Hell that is what was going to haunt me the most was my pride and me keeping myself from following the truth..

look, I don't know you from anyone else here 1/2 the time I do not even know who I am speaking with. I simply address each post one sentence at a time. I do know what me words mean to anyone, I simply gear them toward those who want to know the absolute truth about God.

QuoteHow are you humble,
Because I give all the glory of wisdom and knowledge to God and God alone. I have shared I could not read till my 20/via comic books and still suffer from mild dyslexia and a whole host of other learning disabilities. Or so says the school who graduated me on a 3rd or 4th grade level. Everything you read here of merit/what I use to destroy arguments from air bags like dawkins or hauser are not from me.. My thread on origins is not my work I am just a tool of God. That is how I am humble. Yet can remain proud that the stuff God gives me is awesome and it shuts down the wit and words of the best and brightest...

God uses the foolish things of this world to make fools of the learned and wise.

Quoteto presume to know what your knowledge is worth to me?
Just imagine I am not really talkng to you but to the silent one who thinks like you but is too reserved to post. Maybe I am talking with them through you.

QuoteI thought you only go to hell after you die,
Actually you are burried after you die, then the resurrection, then judgement.

Quoteand you are almost certainly not dead.
lord willing not for a long time.

QuoteUnless you mean being sent here? Sorry, chum, but if this is hell for you, you have a low bar for suffering.
Actually this realm is the closest thing Satan has to a satan owned realm.

QuoteThe problem is that you are sharing something when it is not welcome.That's simply rude, and you are presuming upon us by continuing past the point where you are welcome to share.
Actually douchess My sharring my angel story was in direct result of 3 or 4 people asking what do you mean God is proof of God or how does God 'show up.' Look-a-here sister the thing with these here threads... Unless I direct a message at you... I am not speaking to you. I was in this case speaking to the several pages of people before you came along... This is a christian discussion board... if you don't like being reminded of how close God can be to us then maybe you should go some place else, as this is the appropriate time and place to have this discussion.

QuoteIt is not something a humble person does, to presume that his want to share anything trumps another person wanting him to keep it to himself.
Please define humility. As God uses it, it means to not assign a station in life or in religion that you have not been given. I have been given my station in life by God, granted at any moment He is free to take it away, but for now all I have all I am belongs to God and I am just a care taker of it all.

As such I have a responsibility to put my candle/my light up high to everyone can see it. I will not be shamed to hide what God has given me under a bush because you don't understand the word humility.

Ever think maybe that is why or apart of the reason your fail failed? You did even have a base understanding of the Christian vocabulary??? Being a retard I came into the faith knowing I knew nothing and had to define everything, which brings us back the opening sentence I seek proper meaning and understanding to quickly descern what is being communicated. which again is what I ask you to define what you means when your use of a word does not match it's actual definition.

QuoteSo you have access to your all-knowing god-thing's knowledge, that's not to be questioned.
WFT are you talking about???? I have like 3 threads here challenging you douche bags to ask me question that My access to God can not answer, we have gone more than 50 pages of dialog in those threads and not once did I ignore a question or have one of you refute what I said scripturaly. are you just makes up crap as you go alone or are you really this oblivious to what is going on here and this is just some 1/2 cocked attempt to shame me into silence?!?!?

Your a blind troll

QuoteIf this is 'humility', this is a strange sense of the word that doesn't match anything I am familiar with.
Indeed. You do not seem familiar with the term. You seem to think it means groveling dirtbag. When again the term means to not take a position socially religiously or power/authority that you have not been given. It means not to speak out side the authority of your station.

The problem you have is defining the station I have been given. Again it seems all christians need bury their head in the sand when challenged according to you. when clearly Jesus teaches the oppsite, in that mat514 “You are the light that shines for the world to see. You are like a city built on a hill that cannot be hidden. 15 People don’t hide a lamp under a bowl. They put it on a lamp stand. Then the light shines for everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, you should be a light for other people. Live so that they will see the good things you do and praise your Father in heaven.

My words are my light, while I am humble the words given to me by God take their own authority their own station.

That's exactly what's wrong with it, and it shows up in every aspect of your behavior. You think that your mission to share what you know of your god trumps our desire to be left alone by the likes of you. Once more, how are you humble?

I didn't seek you out. i did not call your name. You feel your beliefs trump mine so therefore you enevitivly dump whatever arguement you have and God uses me to dissect it and refute it point by point till all you have left is your faith that their is no God. the same faith we use to A/S/K for proof of God. So when someone like me or some year one Christian points this out is all you really have to say there aint no God.

That is what this whole mess is all about. Look it's simple I am only in the Christian part of this web site, which has been deem the right place and time to have this type of discussion. If i bother you that bad, then maybe you should avoid me or put me on ignore like so many other heavy hitter/big thinkers you have here have already done.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Drich0150

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 14, 2017, 03:42:27 AM
Sorry, Dick. If God is love, then you are far from the point where can claim that God is all you are. All you have is arrogance, and a god of your own creation that you use to give ultimate authority over your stupid imaginations.

Define love...

1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Drich0150

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 14, 2017, 01:16:02 PM
Umm.............not even close to getting it are you, Sport??!!  The Prince of Darkness is just as fictional as your god(s).  It was solely created by men to scare and control other men; sort of like your god.  Ya see, Sport, this is how it IS--there is no Thor, there is no Jupiter (the man not the planet--have to spell things out for you), no Isis, Bugs Bunny, no Paul Bunyan, no Minnie Mouse, no.................fill in the name of any other deity. But even tho the prince of darkness is not real, neither is your message of your gods.  You are simply a small mined, hate filled, pitiful man who is so deluded that he thinks anybody on this board gives a good crap about his 'message'; all you have demonstrated to date is that you are lost in your own little world of insanity; small mined and hateful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_asNhzXq72w

Awww..

Someone is retreating into default atheism (what you guys do when you can't win theological arguments, you just repeat your mantra.)
Sorry if I shut you down this hard this soon on your home turf. Generally the one's how attack me first can hang a little harder and I don't have to pull my punches. but if you are already just reducded to preaching to us what an atheist is and is not all the while making demands for undefined proof.. then ovbi I hit back too hard.
So sorry about that I'll back down some.

So, Here's the other thing Old Sport,  the term "prince of darkness" is a title not a name of a deity. As a tile anyone could accept and use it, you know like OZZY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL1WP35tN1A

So all of that diatribe you left... kinda is moot when describing a title that any man can claim or award to another like you did me. So when I got the title I pointed out your flub.. In that the prince of darkness should be welcome here (aka OZZY) yet I am not.

Cavebear

Give us a break Drich.  One post on a thread and wait til someone replies, OK?  And I'm not even reading yours.

Drich0150

Quote from: Cavebear on July 14, 2017, 01:29:24 PM
I can't follow all the quotes, sorry.  But if I understand the argument, Drich is saying that if we atheists don't believe in HIS deities, we MUST be worshiping a satanic one.  I've herd that so many times.  It is so sad.  The idea that we worship none of the supernatural powers other humans have created just doesn't sink in. 

I don't believe in God, Allah, Yaweh, Satan, Shaitan, Buddha, Loki, Isis, Metamusil, Hela, Thunderpants, Crocodilegod, or any human-imagined deities and never will.

Get OVER it drich-stick!
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=price+is+right+fail+music

Not even close.. maybe you no where near as smart as you think you are. meaning you can't make a coherent sense out of posts that you have 1/2 the text on ignore.

How about man up, and know I will never call you out or address you unless you quote something I have to say. That way you don't have to worry about me cutting your intellectual arguements down to size unless you line yourself up for a broadside by quoting me first.

Drich0150

Quote from: Cavebear on July 14, 2017, 02:23:57 PM
Give us a break Drich.  One post on a thread and wait til someone replies, OK?  And I'm not even reading yours.

Hey retard... I post in sequence. I start from where I left off yesterday and go till I get caught up and then move on to the next thread. you would know this is you hadn't handicapped yourself like an f'ing moron by putting me on ignore, but who is obviously still trying to stay current

Munch

Uh oh, looks like you just broke one of god's rules.

QuoteEphesians 4:31-32 ESV / 75 helpful votes   

Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

James 1:26 ESV / 132 helpful votes   

If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless

https://www.openbible.info/topics/insults

Tut tut, need to work your rules and regulations.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

Couldn't he at least quote "Mark" at me? 

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on July 14, 2017, 01:29:24 PM

Get OVER it drich-stick!
The Dick offers nothing new; only he is meaner spirited about it than most theists.  Yeah, theists just can't seem to grasp that anyone would not have a 'belief' and therefore not only is atheism a belief but that atheists 'hate' god and must, then, 'believe' in some sort of other supernatural thing or other.  Like you, I just don't believe.  It's like insisting that if you don't believe in Donald Duck your must believe in Daffy Duck or some such crap.  Why would atheists hate god???  God is a fiction; it would be like hating Moby Dick for being such a mean whale.  It's a fiction.............!!!!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Nice.  Yeah, I sometimes think he is desperate for attention.  Its not like I go bothering theist sites.  The drichs of the world feel compelled to bother people not bothering them. 

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on July 14, 2017, 06:54:54 PM
Nice.  Yeah, I sometimes think he is desperate for attention.  Its not like I go bothering theist sites.  The drichs of the world feel compelled to bother people not bothering them.
Yeah, I agree.  Not only that, but he has an ego the size of the universe.  And he does not really answer a question as much as simply issuing another set of statements. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 14, 2017, 08:10:27 PM
Yeah, I agree.  Not only that, but he has an ego the size of the universe.  And he does not really answer a question as much as simply issuing another set of statements.

Fortunately, the ego does not define reality.  Consider a Trumpian universe...  We would all be ants...  At best.

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 14, 2017, 01:57:50 PM
Or perhaps my thought processes are just a little different than yours are. where you look to sugar coat everything in social cushion I look for word definitions and meaning to extrapolate what is being communicated. My example showed you using a word, and behaving to the contrary.
My dear, I never claimed to be humble. You were the only one claiming that.

Quote from: Drich0150
so at that point I see a contradiction I ask for a point of clarity as I would expect from any of you I treat you with the same dignity, rather than assume your meaning and carry on by thinking the worst of you.
I try... I do so try very hard... to give people credit and dignity. But you, my good man, have disappointed me at every turn.

Asking you to clarify yourself should not be a reason for you to demote me from humanity... Seriously how mess up does one have to be for this to be treated as a rape or murder in your mind?
How have I demoted you from humanity? I claimed that you are arrogant. Only people have the balls to be arrogant. And how have I compared you to a rapist or murderer? Are you considering this your confession?

And if it is not an internal process? What if I learn new things through this creator?
Then you would be able to demonstrate it as such. So far, you have failed, spectacularly. I am not afraid.

then can google or go back in scripture and vet what I've learned! How does that work if my creator is actually me?
We've done this experiment, and you have failed. On any solid science that can be verified, you are an utter failure. I'd expect a creator of the universe to know how his own damn creation works.

Example: If you are really in communication with your god, he should be able to tell you why the Einstein field equations are not

R_ab = 8Ï€T_ab

Here's your chance, squirt. Why is it impossible for this to be the Einstein field equations?

Check or vet the "god given facts" if they are wrong then they are not of God. "Question everything hold onto what is Good!!"
I guess you've missed the point of that question. Of the things that god has taught you, "rhetorical questions" is not one of them.

I offer a simple direction written out by God. Everything else is an example of how God can work in a life.
[citation needed]

how so?
C'mon, man. Do you really want to spend eternity singing God's praises? What's the point of an afterlife if I have to spend it in such an inane way, in a way that is better suited to a robot than a thinking being?

If you want the truth here it is. Again as I was being consumed by Hell my biggest regret was not knowing the truth. I had believed all the atheist rhetoric because as an atheist sheep it made sense. But once I knew the truth I was certain I would have followed it, as that is all I really wanted. In all of Hell that is what was going to haunt me the most was my pride and me keeping myself from following the truth..
[citation needed]

I am not a sheep, athiest or otherwise. I am not a follower. I am a thinker and a truth seeker, but this truth that you present me is too narrow in scope, and dubious in credentials. I want to know how the universe works. I want to know what the solution to the conundrum of existence. I want to know how to solve difficult mathematical problems. I want to know if P = NP or no. I am genuinely curious. This world fascinates me in all its aspects.

And what I see is that this "truth of god" has turned you into a blithering idiot. Or maybe you always were a blithering idiot, and this "truth of god" is just letting it hang loose. I'll keep my mind, thank you. If your god would want you to know about me, then he would reveal it to you in an intellectually respectable manner. But of course, you have no intellectually respectable way to present it, so you have to appeal to scaring me with tales of hellfire and shit.

look, I don't know you from anyone else here 1/2 the time I do not even know who I am speaking with. I simply address each post one sentence at a time. I do know what me words mean to anyone, I simply gear them toward those who want to know the absolute truth about God.
This might be part of your problem. See, you're a human being, your propensity to view yourself as a tool notwithstanding. Human beings can be mistaken, they can lie, and they can be fooled. The only place I hear about this god-thing are from human beings. Yes, you have strength of conviction, but that's all it is from my end.

Because I give all the glory of wisdom and knowledge to God and God alone.
If that were true, then you would have no glory of wisdom, and no knowledge, because they would be with god and not with you. But that "knowledge" and "wisdom" is still with you, isn't it? "Look at this wisdom and knowledge that has been sanctified by the all-powerful creator of the universe, yet still is with me! Isn't it glorious?!"

This is semantic trickery, Drich. You have not humbled yourself in the slightest. You've attached yourself like a barnicle to this God image of yours, and as a result, you think that knowledge and wisdom is worth more than mine, that its sanctification makes it worth more. You may have convinced yourself that you are being 'humble' through this spurious logic, but you're not.

I have shared I could not read till my 20/via comic books and still suffer from mild dyslexia and a whole host of other learning disabilities. Or so says the school who graduated me on a 3rd or 4th grade level. Everything you read here of merit/what I use to destroy arguments from air bags like dawkins or hauser are not from me.
I have yet to see you or your god destroy anyone's arguments.

My thread on origins is not my work I am just a tool of God. That is how I am humble.
If you were the tool of a hobo, then you might be humble. As such, you fancy yourself as an instrument wielded by the supreme being of the universe. That is not a position of humbleness. It is a position of power, even if you are not exercising your own will.

Yet can remain proud that the stuff God gives me is awesome and it shuts down the wit and words of the best and brightest...
[citation needed]

Just imagine I am not really talkng to you but to the silent one who thinks like you but is too reserved to post. Maybe I am talking with them through you.
And you're so vain that you think that they're going to agree with you and not me.

Actually you are burried after you die, then the resurrection, then judgement.
It's still "after," is it not? Again, you are not dead. Your visions of hell is likely nothing more than what your brain made up, rather than an actual vision presented by a God.

Actually this realm is the closest thing Satan has to a satan owned realm.
If this is the best satan has to offer, I think I'll be fine.

Actually douchess My sharring my angel story was in direct result of 3 or 4 people asking what do you mean God is proof of God or how does God 'show up.' Look-a-here sister the thing with these here threads... Unless I direct a message at you... I am not speaking to you. I was in this case speaking to the several pages of people before you came along... This is a christian discussion board... if you don't like being reminded of how close God can be to us then maybe you should go some place else, as this is the appropriate time and place to have this discussion.
When did I berate you for sharing your angel story specifically? That's right, nowhere. You came here with the express purpose to share your experience with us. I asked you whether you had any expertise on the matter, and you answered that you had none. The only "expertese" you had to share was your own experience. You're not here to "discuss" anything; you're only here to share what you have experienced and pretend that is a discussion.

Please define humility. As God uses it, it means to not assign a station in life or in religion that you have not been given. I have been given my station in life by God, granted at any moment He is free to take it away, but for now all I have all I am belongs to God and I am just a care taker of it all.
I have no way to verify that your "station" â€"if it can be called thatâ€" was given to you by a god, or by a hallucination, or any number of brain misfirings. You assume that your experience could only be from a god. A humble person would say to themselves, "You know, I really have no way of really knowing that was really God or something else, let alone prove that to other people. Maybe I should be a little more circumspect in my assertions." Hence, you are not humble.

Furthermore, being legitimately appointed the station doesn't prevent you from abusing it. You may say all this glory is going to God, but I have no way of verifing that, either.

Ever think maybe that is why or apart of the reason your fail failed? You did even have a base understanding of the Christian vocabulary??? Being a retard I came into the faith knowing I knew nothing and had to define everything, which brings us back the opening sentence I seek proper meaning and understanding to quickly descern what is being communicated. which again is what I ask you to define what you means when your use of a word does not match it's actual definition.
I'm using plain English and the terminology of logic, not your "Christian vocabulary." I don't give a flying fuck about your special words that you can use to slither out of difficult positions. "Christian vocabulary" looks a lot like plain English, which allows you to equivocate your way out of messes.

No. Use plain English please, with plain English meanings. Otherwise, walk.

WFT are you talking about???? I have like 3 threads here challenging you douche bags to ask me question that My access to God can not answer,
Apparently, your god has not sought to educate you on what I meant by that phrase. I meant that there would be no legitimate counterargument to your god's "wisdom," that your god would be able to answer any question posed in a perfectly sensable way. I saw what was happening in that thread. You were expecting to answer stupid little piddly questions about christianity, to "clear up any misconceptions you may have concerning the God of the bible!" Instead, you were confronted with questions that you simply ad hoc-ed your way around.

That's the other meaning of "not to be questioned." The question is the legitimacy of those answers.

Indeed. You do not seem familiar with the term. You seem to think it means groveling dirtbag.
If that's what your god has told you, then he's told you a lie. I don't expect you to grovel in the dirt. I just expect you to not address me as if you are in the superior position, even if you think that you are. And you are in the superior position in your own mind. You think that this knowledge you have comes from God. You are not the least bit circumspect that this knowledge of yours might not be from God after all, or might even be from the other side. You have no self-reflection that maybe, just maybe, that your source is not what you think it is or that you may have not understood this knowledge yourself.

You do think that you are in a superior position. You think of yourself as the instrument of God's will. Don't try to deny it, this is exactly what you have claimed and have presented yourself as. Apparently, you are a tool in the colloquial sense as well, as you have been sent into a den of thinkers and as such an intellectual (rather than a self-professed retard) would have been a better agent of his will.

You are not humble. Not by any plain English definition of the word.

I didn't seek you out.
You signed up on an atheist discussion board. By definition, you sought us out, if not me specifically, for the express purpose of being the Resident Christianâ,,¢. You did not sign up to be part of our little community. You did not sign up as a genuine human who wants to interact with us for the sake of interacting with us. You are a tool, and we're the raw material to be worked on. You are an invader in our community.

Again, we are here because we want to get away from the likes of you. We want to come to a board where there isn't some self-important twit polluting our recent thread page with page after page of self-important aggrandizement by proxy. You could have learned a lot from your fellow Resident Theistâ,,¢, Baruch. Sure, he can be a little aggravating at times, and I don't care for some of his arguments and positions, but in the end there's a genuine human being under there to just talk with. He's even got a great wit about him... sometimes.

You... don't. As far as I can tell, you are not here to discuss anything, but to convert. If someone wants a conversion, they can go to a church.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu