News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

when God shows up

Started by Drich0150, June 28, 2017, 02:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on June 28, 2017, 08:14:15 PM
God sent fucking angels to a village once and instead of being...you know...angels,, the guy hide them in his house cause he was afraid that people could harm the angels and instead sent his daughter out to be fucked and fucked and fucked again.......angels did nothing to help...your god is a sick fuck and people that worship that sick fuck are sick fucks.

Yes, but the Sodomites and Gommorahites were just fine?  Yes, ancient people didn't value women.  I am not sure we value them still.  Angels are messengers ... not storm troopers.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

fencerider

I think the short story is god likes some people but not everybody. Sent a bear to kill some kids for making fun of Elijah's hair. But for some of us we could be layin in the street dyin and he wouldn't even notice.

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 28, 2017, 03:41:22 PM
I don't tell you these things to show you what a great guy i am
you're too arrogant to be a great guy

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 28, 2017, 03:41:22 PM
What if everything I told you was not only 100% truthful but also 100% at your own finger tips?
sounds like you're making up a story and checking to see if we believe it
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Cavebear

Quote from: aitm on June 28, 2017, 08:14:15 PM
God sent fucking angels to a village once and instead of being...you know...angels,, the guy hide them in his house cause he was afraid that people could harm the angels and instead sent his daughter out to be fucked and fucked and fucked again.......angels did nothing to help...your god is a sick fuck and people that worship that sick fuck are sick fucks.

The craziness of the christian text is sometimes beyond comprehension. 

1.  Psalm 137:9  “Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.”

2.  2 Kings 18:27  “But Rabshakeh said unto them, Hath my master sent me to thy master, and to thee, to speak these words? Hath he not sent me to the men which sit on the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?”

3.  Deuteronomy 23:1  No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the Lord.

"Crushed"?  Was that a thing then?  Does that mean that if I kick a Pope in the testicles he can't enter heaven?  That could create a whole possible sport.

There are many more, but brevity is sometimes best..
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Yes, the Hebrew scriptures are ... a bit realistic.  No Santa Claus at all.  Psalms in particular has "curses" on enemies like the one you quoted.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Drich0150

Quote from: Munch on June 28, 2017, 04:44:56 PM
It sounds to me that your kinda desperate for conversion.
how do you mean?
If God was real, what reason would anyone have to want to follow him? He's pretty much a villain in his own story
your right God is not right for everyone.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Mike Cl

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 29, 2017, 08:20:32 AM
your right God is not right for everyone.
Why not?  He created them--and everything else (including all the diseases that afflict humankind--and animals and plants for that matter), so they, in total are doing what they were created to do.  Your god in your universe has to be for everyone.  But if he is not, then that is what god crafted, so it is god's fault not the one's left out. 

But then, god is a fiction so anything and everything you say god is is only fictional and tells us more about you and how twisted and ugly your mind is than about your fictional god.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Drich0150

Quote from: fencerider on June 29, 2017, 02:06:47 AM
sounds like you're making up a story and checking to see if we believe it

How so/why would I make anything up?

My theology is solid. I can break aprat any arguement thrown my way. I can answer any question through scripture.

Even my own narritives and commentaries stand up better than most work done by professional atheists.

I teach the God of the bible. The God of signs and wonders among a great number of other things. why would any of expect anything different?

I know how easy it is for me to be dismissed after faithfully telling you all of just a few things God has done for me, especially after you all have taken a theological beating. and for me it would be much easier to just press on to the next point. However chronologically this event was the next big outreach God had in store for me.

While it bears ridicule from those seeking a respite from my previous efforts to 'straighten out bad theology' I being faithful to what I have been given and my need to honor the truth put me here at the point of ridicule not to my advantage, but to show how God sometimes works with us.

I know most of you like to tell yourself Im stupid as well as each other inorder for you to more easily dismiss what you do not want to hear. However if by nothing more than experience (10 years working directly in this format with other atheists) knows tactically this is a bad move. Again I only make it because it is the truth and a 100% accurate representation of what happened. As such i have a responsibility to not only share it but stand behind what happened and be proud of it. Then I must tell you all that God has an army of messengers who's sole purpose is to do what was done for me. If and when you are ready.

1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

pr126

Religions are man’s inventions. Man created gods. Many thousands of them.

Thousands of gods are no longer worshiped, became myths, legends.

List of thousands of dead gods

Drich0150

Quote from: Cavebear on June 29, 2017, 03:36:29 AM
The craziness of the christian text is sometimes beyond comprehension. 

1.  Psalm 137:9  “Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.”
Psalms are songs. This particular song was written while the jews were in captivity/slaves, and were treated very badly. this song repersents their desire to turn the tables on their captors and for once smash their kids against the rocks.

Quote2.  2 Kings 18:27  “But Rabshakeh said unto them, Hath my master sent me to thy master, and to thee, to speak these words? Hath he not sent me to the men which sit on the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?”
You guys are fools/idiots for trying to read a dead dialect that you've never studied. here allow me to translate via the easy to read version:
27 But the commander said, “My master sent me to speak to everyone, not just to you and your master. I must also speak to those people sitting there on the wall. When we surround your city, they will suffer too. Like you, they will become so hungry they will eat their own waste and drink their own urine!”

28 Then the commander, shouting loudly in Hebrew,[f] gave this warning to them all:

Hear this message from the great king, the king of Assyria!

Do you get it now? The jews were about to taken under seige by the assyrians, so the assyrian king send his commander to tell them we are going to sorround this place and starve you out.. you will be so hungry you will eat and drink your own poop and urine.

Quote3.  Deuteronomy 23:1  No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the Lord.
cermonial law.

Quote"Crushed"?  Was that a thing then?  Does that mean that if I kick a Pope in the testicles he can't enter heaven?  That could create a whole possible sport.
all it would mean is he could not be an OT jew in an official assembly.

btw crushed testicle= unich. a slave who could be trusted to tend to women.. they tended to be effeminate men.

There are many more, but brevity is sometimes best..
...or I could do this all day.

That said can you see what alittle context and understand can change everything? or- you could pull the same BS move on the US constitution and make the whole of America to seem a step below hell if you cherry pick it and take everything out of context as you have here.

Drich0150

Quote from: Baruch on June 29, 2017, 06:57:07 AM
Yes, the Hebrew scriptures are ... a bit realistic.  No Santa Claus at all.  Psalms in particular has "curses" on enemies like the one you quoted.

If you are an expert on these passages why wouldn't you straighten this guy out?

Gawdzilla Sama

Had a sky pilot assure me that God was watching over me, back in 1971. He said he'd prove it by going on a ride with us. We brought him back in a black plastic bag.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Drich0150

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 29, 2017, 08:54:46 AM
Why not?
not all belong to God. ever heard the parable of the sower? It is recorded in several of the gospels all pretty much say the same thing. in effect a land owner sowed good wheat seed in his field and at night an enemy sowed weeds/tares (which look like wheat till the harvest/the seeds are black and not edible.)  as the began to sprout a servant pointed out all the tares in the field and ask they land own if the should pull them out? The land owner said let them grow together, and at the harvest seperate the wheat from the tares and bring the wheat into the store house and burn the weeds.

So no, Not all who are here are 'wheat.'

QuoteHe created them--and everything else
and the devil introduced them into the 'field.'
(including all the diseases that afflict humankind--and animals and plants for that matter),
Again this is not a God controlled realm. This realm belong to man but was handed over to Satan. This is as close as Satan will ever get to controlling everything.
How do we know this world is run by Satan? 1 it says so in job. 2 in mat when Christ is tempted Satan final offer was to gift the whole world to Christ so He would not have to die for it... This 'temptation' would mean nothing if satan did not have power over what he promised.
so they, in total are doing what they were created to do.
indeed. your just confused about who implemented those things.

QuoteYour god in your universe has to be for everyone.
Sorry no.. you yourself are an excellent example of this.. Have you seen God? Has He sent you a messenger? Did He personally send word on how your life was to be used? God is clearly here for me as these things did indeed happen, yet they have not happened for you or those like you.. Then it would stand to reason that not everyone get to have access to God.
But if he is not, then that is what god crafted, so it is god's fault not the one's left out. 
Actuall no. The way it is now in this life even if a tare were to come to Christ Christ would let him in. We know this because of the 1000 year reign of Christ as described in the book of revelation. It describes a great number of (border line believers) siding with satan after the 1000 year reign of Christ was over. (satan was released from Hell) to skim the 'sour cream off the top' of the crock. To call back his tares/those who could not live with Christ/ God for eternity to rebell one last time.

But then, god is a fiction so anything and everything you say god is is only fictional and tells us more about you and how twisted and ugly your mind is than about your fictional god.
or he's not and you like me are going in for one hellva ride when this life is over.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on June 29, 2017, 09:46:34 AM
Had a sky pilot assure me that God was watching over me, back in 1971. He said he'd prove it by going on a ride with us. We brought him back in a black plastic bag.

Was that Vietnam?

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

The general area is sufficient.  My thoughts to the sky pilot and I know the song...  I live near Washington DC.  I've been to the memorial many times.  The design and placement of it is perfect.