News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

when God shows up

Started by Drich0150, June 28, 2017, 02:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drich0150

Or rather When God sends a messenger:

sometime after the Hell experience and I started to goto church on a regular basis...

My mom had just returned to Korea for a month long visit and my Father is a strong willed atheist who does not agree with our "religious" practices. So when she left so too did my shield from him. (I was about 17 or 18) long story short, My church going sister and I were kicked out of the house and we were staying with members of the church, and they asked me to come to a resolution with my father. so I was going to my uncles house to speak with him after work. It was very cold that night, and my car did not have heat, so I was bundled up, but still wanted to stop and get us some cokes to share while we made a plan to resolve things with my dad.

On the way I stopped at a poorly lit store who sat lower than the rest of the road, (That meant one could see the whole parking lot.) I pulled in and opened the door to the cold, and to my surprise stood a very tall black man wearing a army jacket, a black beanie, gloves with no fingers, and dirty blue jeans with nasty work boots.

He genuine scared me because I am usually very aware of my surroundings and he came from no where. I must of stood there with a shocked expression because He said, I didn't mean to scare you, but I was just released from prison and need your help. At that point I said to myself strike 3 sucker I'm out of here, but I must of blurted out something like, what do you need? He told me, "I need to get to so and so's house before my parole officer calls at 7, It's just a few miles away." I said ok, but I need to get some drinks because my uncle is expecting me.

In the store I separated my money (just got paid) Because no matter what you do for someone they always ask for cash in the end. Got my drinks and went out side and he was climbing in the back of my ranchero. I told Him he did not have to ride in the back, and opened the door for him. He introduced Himself (dont remember his name.) I introduced myself and that was the Last Thing I said Aloud.

He said "I don't have much time, but I was told to help you. For you see I'm what you might call a psychic." Then he asked do you want to hear where your problems are, and what the Lord has in store for you? I nodded my head, and He began very quickly to list all of the problems my dad and I were having, then He went into my dad's past and told me of the triggers, and then proceeded to tell me how to resolve this issue we were currently having. He told me of my mom where she went why she went and what she was thinking. Next He went into my short comings, not all of them, just the one that were keeping me from a relationship with God.

At this point we traveled less than a mile and I was absolutely dumb founded, I thought to myself this Guy must be my guardian angel. Then He stopped mid sentence looked me square in the eye and said: "something like that." Then He proceeded to tell me of my future, what God was going to do for me, what was required of me, and what was expected in return. (Don't like to go into details because many tell me I am conceded or foolish to think God will use me in these ways when I do share.)

He told me of the love interest that I had at the time and I was told I would be given one chance and I will absolutely know when that chance with her would be, but I would refuse her. (And I did not because of what this guy said it was just circumstance) He told me of someone else. Someone in whom God was preparing for me specifically. Which all was very very true. Then He told me of the gifts I will be given, and impact I could have on others. At this point tears were streaming and I was frightened and elated at the same time. Just when I could not hear anymore He said "This is far enough, pull over here." (Well lit parking lot of another convenience store)

I did, and He got out, grabbed his bag then smiled with a big grin and asked: "One more thing do you have a dollar or two" and looked at the pocket where I separated my money, Then he said, "cause you know how we can never be happy with what has already been given to us.." He Told me God bless, I did a quick u-turn and He was gone... just as quickly as he appeared.

Whether one can classify this encounter with a specific class of angel or not, by definition this man or being carried a message from God. One that has (over time) proven to be true time and time again. One that permanently changed my life. His message has help me see point and purpose through hardships and tragedy that most do not recover from. Perhaps that was the point. Either way, I tell you all of this to say a angel is a messenger from God. Now whether they have a complete message/picture of your life, or just enough to answer a question you have asked on this website. Angels/messengers do exist, even if they are not the kind we like to make movies and write books about.

Anyone who carries the message of God is indeed one of His messengers.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Mike Cl

I've had a similar experience--man, it was quite life-shaking, I can tell you!!!  And now I am a messenger for Bugs Bunny.  You scoff.  But I'm here, teeth and claws, to help you shed the dead-end thinking that you have engaged in so far in your life!  You need to hear it like it is, so you never have to go down the Rabbit Hole on your own!  Repent, and you too can find the Big Carrot!!  But hurry, before it is too late.  And never get entangled with Elmer the Fudd!!!!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Drich0150

Don't get it.. you girl piss and moan how God never shows up like he does in the NT and here I give a modern example of a bible event and it get mocked. Actually I've given you several examples and no one wants to even consider that god is anything but silent.

Why?

Why not seek the truth for yourself?

I don't tell you these things to show you what a great guy i am I share these things so you are inspired to seek out your own meeting with God.

What if everything I told you was not only 100% truthful but also 100% at your own finger tips??? You angel may not look lke mine or your trip to Hell maybe a trip to the store, but what makes it miracolous is not where or what but who shows up. When He does there is no doubt. there is no disbelief. So why not seek this for yourself? what does it cost? nothing.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Munch

It sounds to me that your kinda desperate for conversion. If God was real, what reason would anyone have to want to follow him? He's pretty much a villain in his own story
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Unbeliever

Yeah, God's one of those folks you'd hate to meet in a dark alley...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

sdelsolray

As previously observed, this one is a religious nutter.

Unbeliever

Yeah, the farce is strong in this one...
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 28, 2017, 04:53:14 PM
Yeah, God's one of those folks you'd hate to meet in a dark alley...

If G-d was in the form of a burning bush, at least the dark alley would not be dark ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on June 28, 2017, 06:40:46 PM
If G-d was in the form of a burning bush, at least the dark alley would not be dark ;-)

I'd actually be more concerned with him flooding the alley and drowning everyone living in the houses either side of the alley.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Unbeliever

OK, I'll have to come clean, here, and confess that I threw God out of our universe - it just wasn't big enough for the both of us.
God Not Found

Mike Cl

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 28, 2017, 03:41:22 PM
Don't get it.. you girl piss and moan how God never shows up like he does in the NT and here I give a modern example of a bible event and it get mocked. Actually I've given you several examples and no one wants to even consider that god is anything but silent.

Why?

Why not seek the truth for yourself?

I don't tell you these things to show you what a great guy i am I share these things so you are inspired to seek out your own meeting with God.

What if everything I told you was not only 100% truthful but also 100% at your own finger tips??? You angel may not look lke mine or your trip to Hell maybe a trip to the store, but what makes it miracolous is not where or what but who shows up. When He does there is no doubt. there is no disbelief. So why not seek this for yourself? what does it cost? nothing.
Ah, gwd, what a fucking baby.  What if???  What if????  What if your turds are really tootsie rolls???  What if the Tooth Fairy really exists??  What if Paul Bunyan really exists???  What if.......??????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 28, 2017, 07:05:35 PM
Ah, gwd, what a fucking baby.  What if???  What if????  What if your turds are really tootsie rolls???  What if the Tooth Fairy really exists??  What if Paul Bunyan really exists???  What if.......??????

If Paul Bunyan exists, so does Babe, his giant blue ox.  Look out below!  Giant cow patties!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hakurei Reimu

Yes, I imagine you think that you have this special, super-duper experience that ought to convince anyone to come hear the message of god.

Meanwhile, to us, it sounds like fanfiction. Bad fanfiction. Like Oscar shit. Like stuff they do fan-MST3k-ing on. I'm resisting the urge to drag out my little toys of Crow and Tom Servo and type one out.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

aitm

God sent fucking angels to a village once and instead of being...you know...angels,, the guy hide them in his house cause he was afraid that people could harm the angels and instead sent his daughter out to be fucked and fucked and fucked again.......angels did nothing to help...your god is a sick fuck and people that worship that sick fuck are sick fucks.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Blackleaf

Quote from: Munch on June 28, 2017, 04:44:56 PM
It sounds to me that your kinda desperate for conversion. If God was real, what reason would anyone have to want to follow him? He's pretty much a villain in his own story

God wrote himself as both the main protagonist and the main antagonist. Satan? Nah. He's a supporting character, and he's in the same boat as humanity, threatened with eternal torture in Hell. God is the one who sends people to Hell simply for being the humans he designed them to be in the first place. Then he sends himself to save us from...himself. Oh, and throw in the Holy Spirit as our guide and teacher, and the only role left for us to play is the damsel in distress. I mean, heaven forbid somebody else get some time in the spotlight. God wants to be Darth Sidious, Luke Skywalker, and Yoda all at the same time. A glory hog he is.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--