Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

My conversion

Started by Drich0150, June 23, 2017, 04:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drich0150

Quote from: Simon Moon on June 26, 2017, 07:02:47 PM
So....

You had a case of sleep paralysis accompanied by night terrors.

Yeah, that's a rational reason to believe.

Please don't ever attempt to argue that you are a critical thinker or a skeptic. Or that you have rational warrant for your beliefs. When it sure looks like you had nothing more than a well known, natural experience, that you wildly misinterpreted.

..that yeilded unknown information that I later vetted over years of study and service. That was a big part of it.. I thought hell was dante's inferno and it turnout almost the oppsite, but low and behold the bible always had described it that way.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Drich0150

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 26, 2017, 07:47:58 PM
You are a bit different than most christians--but not in any important way.  You have a unique twist to the bible blended in with the usual drivel.  But it is still based on a fiction.
until God shows up. Then it all becomes too real. I'm different because me and people like me are the real thing sport. we seen and experience what the bible describes christianity to be about. it even says we will be a peculiar people. You can't be gamma ray-ed by God and not be transformed into something. The view of the bible is skewed just a little off normal but makes a hellva lot more sense doesn't it.(no paradoxes/fits with fossil record) all of the thing Jesus said as meaning far above and beyond what is generally taught.

There are two types of followers of Christ He even said so.(when speaking to doubting thomas)  there are those who can sustain belief their whole life on nothing but faith. and to them they get extra cookies when they get to heaven.. Then there are the belief followers. meaning unless they believe first unless they can not follow. Thomas was one such follower. He demanded to put his hand in the side of Christ first. before he would believe.. and what did God do? whatever it took for Thomas. Those in these dead churches are the faith types. I was a belief first type, and God showed me what I needed to see. i simply had to do things His way instead of my own. This is not something God only did for me.. This same thing is offered to everyone.

QuoteWhat you are telling me is to stop thinking and stop using my senses and stop relying on my experiences and start believing in the same god you do.
nuupe. You just need to Ask, Seek and knock as outline by luke 11. for me that was beating the hel out of highschool christians and taunting with questions they could not answer. while demanding truth from them, and when truth was provided I followed it.

QuoteThen I will succeed and find god.
At what point did I say I had to surrender anything? I simply followed unexplored avenues with honesty in search for the truth.

QuoteWell, frankly, that and you are bullshit.  I've explored what you are trying to peddle long and hard.
what were you seeking? salvation? wishes? money? a girlfriend? what didn't god give you that made you decide to give up? Also know I asked for none of that. I only wanted to know the truth. That is what I am offering to any of you now.

QuoteAnd find that it is a fiction.  That fiction can do nothing for me or against me--just as Roger Rabbit can't effect me.
That sounds like I did.. I reasoned how can God burn a spirit or soul in Hell, that makes no sense. if the body dies then so to does all of our nerves... f-god f- his hell he doesn't scare me with that.. besides all of that what are gnashing of teeth? what is the big deal there...

My advise, challenge God put the religious stuff down it does not work for you. tell God what you think. tell Him what you want. Again for me it wa truth. we are promised nothing less, so He will grant you that. Tell him to open you eye, ears and mind so you can see him hear him and process what you see and hear... keep asking and seeking this, and hang on to something. as you will be awaken from the matrix shortly.

QuoteIf your god were not a fiction
Again sport I do not have issue with "my God" the only person in this conversation with God problems is you.

Quotehe would have made whatever choices we need to make clear and easy to follow.
not much of a reader of the bible are ya?

He did make it very easy for the jews, and look at all that happened to them as a nation. they turned away from him so much it was hard to believe they were ever with him. then towards the time of Christ their religion became a series of check lists people had to pay the temple to check off before they could have fellowship with one another.

God made it so much easier, and all the more difficult at the same time. In that it is easy to be saved. Heck most of you a-holes are probably still saved to one degree or another. (but don't take my word for it as in the end it is not my call) so that part is easy, it is the second 1/2 of salvation that most church have absolutly no clue about. all of their efforts are about saving the unsaved... what about the saved? what maintain their relationship with God? For the faith driven followers being saved is enough. but for the rest of us God pour out the holy Spirit on the church. In that when we receive a measure of the Spirit we all share core spiritual fruits/attributes and some share gifts. like my answers or some people's ability to preach or yes other's abilities to heal, and the like. This contact with the Holy Spirit is proof of God as you are brought into a whole new level of understanding and awareness that you never had access before.

We would not even need to read a fictional book to get it. 
the book is a guide moron, as God is not the only being offering 'spiritual rides.' you can go off without the bible just like you can go into vans with strangers to help them find their puppies, but don't blame me or God if and when you wake up 'butt hurt' by the experience.

You crap is just that --fictional crap.  And you still have not given me a single fact to base you delusional crap you call a belief yet.
If you refuse to see what is truly there doesn't that make you the delusional one?
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Mike Cl

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 27, 2017, 10:00:39 AM

If you refuse to see what is truly there doesn't that make you the delusional one?
This is it in a nutshell.  You insist that your fictional babble and and gwd are real.  And if I don't 'see' that then I'm the delusional one. :)))))  What a nutcake.  If I were you and could think rationally for just a second or two, I'd seek professional help for your mental illness.  You and facts just don't go together.  You insist your beliefs are facts.  Typical mentally ill theist. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Drich0150

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 27, 2017, 10:47:04 AM
This is it in a nutshell.  You insist that your fictional babble and and gwd are real.  And if I don't 'see' that then I'm the delusional one. :)))))  What a nutcake.  If I were you and could think rationally for just a second or two, I'd seek professional help for your mental illness.  You and facts just don't go together.  You insist your beliefs are facts.  Typical mentally ill theist.

But again you won't even consider that you might just be facing the wrong direction...

What if seeing God was as simple as facing east at midnight every harvest moon, and you have faced every direction except east, then cite your experience of facing every point on the compass besides east as 'proof there is no God?' Then while I am facing east and I see what I see and know to be true, you have the nerve to call me nuts...

What if it were more that just seeing God, what if God blesses me with idk the worldly stuff as well. what if God put me in a place where I know I can ask for anything and just about get exactly what I ask for everytime? What if He put you there and someone called you nuts??? would it matter much to you?

Sal1981

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 27, 2017, 12:16:13 PM
But again you won't even consider that you might just be facing the wrong direction...

What if seeing God was as simple as facing east at midnight every harvest moon, and you have faced every direction except east, then cite your experience of facing every point on the compass besides east as 'proof there is no God?' Then while I am facing east and I see what I see and know to be true, you have the nerve to call me nuts...
You're delusional.

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 27, 2017, 12:16:13 PMWhat if it were more that just seeing God, what if God blesses me with idk the worldly stuff as well. what if God put me in a place where I know I can ask for anything and just about get exactly what I ask for everytime? What if He put you there and someone called you nuts??? would it matter much to you?
That's the gist of The Secret. Read that book, have you?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 27, 2017, 12:16:13 PM

What if it were more that just seeing God, what if God blesses me with idk the worldly stuff as well. what if God put me in a place where I know I can ask for anything and just about get exactly what I ask for everytime? What if He put you there and someone called you nuts??? would it matter much to you?
Yours is the god of the hoops.  You have to do it 'god's way' for it to work.  Only god never shows up to say or show what that 'way' is.  A sane person would conclude there is no god--but then, you are not sane.  It does not take 'nerve' to call you nuts--you demonstrate it every post.  If you get exactly what you ask for by you sky daddy, why not ask the goody giver to convert me???  BTW, god can do anything his shyster little heart desires to me.  I call upon your wonderful all knowing, all seeing, all powerful Oz..............err, god to fuck me over and over and over and without a condom; or to make me wealthy beyond all human ability to comprehend; or anything in between.   Or better still, cure a defective baby; or feed a starving child--yeah, if he did that, then I may pay attention.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 27, 2017, 02:33:51 PM
..............err, god to fuck me over and over and over and without a condom;
Jeez, I wonder what kinds of divine STDs a God might have!?

:headscratch:
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 27, 2017, 05:16:34 PM
Jeez, I wonder what kinds of divine STDs a God might have!?

:headscratch:
Isn't it amazing how all the theists insist their god is so loving, just and fair?  Yet they fail to mention anything about all the diseases he hands out to the unborn and new born.  Why create diseases at all?? 

Jason78

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 23, 2017, 04:48:20 PM
This all happened before I was saved.

Does everyone get this?  And is it in full screen IMAX 3D? 

It should be pretty easy for me to convert if I get a heads up like this.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Baruch

Quote from: Jason78 on June 27, 2017, 07:20:45 PM

Theists and atheists don't get it ... the right word isn't "convert" ... that is Uncle Ben's Rice ... it is "authentic".  Ask someone "Are you authentic?".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Drich0150

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 27, 2017, 02:33:51 PM
Yours is the god of the hoops.  You have to do it 'god's way' for it to work.  Only god never shows up to say or show what that 'way' is.
why would you assume the world over experiences God as you do? are you someone special? someone God HAS to take notice of?

Seriously who are you that God must do anything except give you the same rank and file oppertunity he has given everyone. You are just some douche bag who wrongly thinks he and God if there is a God would be friends...

What if... There is a God and He doesn't want you to think you and He are buddies.. I know that's just crazy talk cause you could only believe in a 'my buddy' God, but lets says your My buddy god is bs, and the God of the bible is looking for 'servants' that buddies. So then why would a servant seeking God look to fuel your BS 'my Buddy' theology? What if God simply dropped you like it's hot, because in no way shape or form was he looking to be your servant your geneie??? So then what if you have a correct view of God and this God does show up? then what? are you crazy because without a doubt you know God is alive and well and He gives you plan and purpose for your life?

QuoteA sane person would conclude there is no god--but then, you are not sane.
flip the coin sport. does it make you insane if you won't put yourself in a position to ever verify God? even if it costs you nothing?

No that just makes you proud. And just like me I am proud of what I know to be true, because God has indeed taken the time to show me what is what.

QuoteIt does not take 'nerve' to call you nuts--you demonstrate it every post.  If you get exactly what you ask for by you sky daddy, why not ask the goody giver to convert me???
As I said above pride. You are too proud to meet God on His terms. it isn't about me it is about you and him.

QuoteBTW, god can do anything his shyster little heart desires to me.
what if.. He wants nothing to do with you till you can mster up enough humility to meet Him where He said Meet Him?

Think about it. If trump invites you to the white house for a state dinner and tells you it is black tie, and you show up looking like you do now, do you think he will do a song and dance for you so that you can attend his event? Then why would God? You should be honored at the invite. It's a big deal.. we were invited to one of the inaugural dinners/ball and despite what you think of the man personally it is a big deal to simply be on the list. we didn't go and I did not expect trump to show up begging me to go to the next thing he had. So then why should the alpha and omega be made to do a jig for you? Again who are you exactly? why can't you meet God on His terms?

QuoteI call upon your wonderful all knowing, all seeing, all powerful Oz..............err, god to fuck me over and over and over and without a condom; or to make me wealthy beyond all human ability to comprehend; or anything in between.   Or better still, cure a defective baby; or feed a starving child--yeah, if he did that, then I may pay attention.
no you wouldn't that crap happens daily in the world and it is attributed to some medical 'anomaly.'

Drich0150

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 27, 2017, 05:29:09 PM
Isn't it amazing how all the theists insist their god is so loving, just and fair?  Yet they fail to mention anything about all the diseases he hands out to the unborn and new born.  Why create diseases at all??

population control in a fallen world.

This is not heaven guys.. This is as close to a satan run world/domain as it gets. Satan does not run hell, he is the power man turned control of this world over to. This is demonstrated by the temptation of Christ and satan offered this whole world and everything in it if he would simply bow down to Him... Not much of a temptation If Satan doesn't own what he is offering.

So it's not God handing out cancer to the unborn. God is offering a better world better life than this, apart from all of this evil and sin.

Drich0150

Quote from: Jason78 on June 27, 2017, 07:20:45 PM

Yes everyone to whatever degree gets this attention.

Look at doubting Thomas in the upper room, and the Saul/paul of tarsus. Jesus does not condemn these men for needing proof, we must simply give ourselves over to seeking the truth no matter where it leads us. I am NOTHING special and look what has been done for me... (ill posts a few more signs and wonders type stuff in the comming days)

God will do what ever you need done specific to your life to help you establish and maintain your belief.

He knows not all can work on faith.. The faith guys get more in heaven, but at the same time he does not punish those who need proof. you must simply humble yourself enough to do what he says to obtain it (luke 11 A/S/K) This is between you and God no one ever need know.

I most certainly am not asking for anything.

Baruch

Sorry, but you don't understand Paul either.  Read "In Search of Paul" by Crossan, 2004.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Drich0150

Quote from: Baruch on June 28, 2017, 12:38:30 PM
Sorry, but you don't understand Paul either.  Read "In Search of Paul" by Crossan, 2004.

Sory but Crossan understanding of Paul is at best speculatory. He outright dismisses whole swaths of passage just to create friction and misalignment between Christ and Paul. Mr. Cross does not understand one simple precept that dismisses his whole commentary. In that Jesus when He spoke, he spoke of the law and condition of the law in the moment in which he lived, and at the end just before his assertion spoke of passing the torch to the 'helper' who was to come after. This shows a predetermined/intention evolution of the religion.

If you read the teaching of Christ he does not set up the logistics of a religion. rather He was a wrecking ball that destroyed the Pharisaical hold the leadership had over the people. To the people He sent the 12, to the rest we got Paul. Paul had the leg up because dimwitte gentiles knew nothing of the law andtherefore did not need to be jews first inorder to be christian.

That one little detail obliterates crossan's book. Jesus Himself teaches this is a couple different parables but people like crossan refuse to acknowledge them so they can me living pharisees.

I would contend there is NOTHING that Paul said that interfered with what Christ said, but rather Christ was a precursor to Paul.