News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

My conversion

Started by Drich0150, June 23, 2017, 04:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drich0150

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 26, 2017, 11:54:32 AM
You make all kinds of assumptions about me and the others on this board.
not really assumptions.. there are observed situations. You guys are not the snow flakes you think yourselves to be. God made provisions in everything a potential believer would face and their reaction given time and temp of their hearts. from that I can, and do formulate truths which do put people off by design. Why? humility. So you have a marked measure of how far you got to go to see God. the madder you are at what I have to say the farther you are.

I know most of you think and want to remain enigmas so let pretend I am as stupid as you keep telling yourselves even though I have gone though and crapped on some of your best arguments. You can pretend, I know nothing about you. That I don't have 20 years in speaking to people just like you and nearly another 10 in study. Lets pretend I just make crap as I go along so you can feel good about yourself and your position in the universe.. then what? what do you tell yourself when I keep crapping on your best arguements? when I keep making sense of the bible when I show you how simple all of this reall is... then what? That's right he's stupid.. Till I'm not anymore and member have to pm each other to not be reminded about how much sense I am making.

QuoteHow do you know how hard or long I have asked god to come into my life and demonstrate that there is a god out there.
Because it doesn't f-ing matter if your God has shown to you to be false/dead. If God sent the wind and the rain to tear down your faith/house and you prayed and prayed and no one came, that means God was showing you that you were a foolish man who built your house on the sand. Meaning your idea of God is wrong.. Because according to Christ that is our foundation to our Spiritual homes. Our foundation. if we build on the rock then we are building on the actual God. Everything else is sand.

Now do not misunderstand me. I am not talking about salvation. Any monkey man can find salvation (and they have no souls ;) ) You can be saved and live on the sand. but don't expect God to bless you or help you out of anything if he is showing you to be on sand and you do nothing about it..

God sends the wind and rain to destroy what we want to hang on to. even now, look at how you are proud of all you did... Again A wise man and a foolish man build an identical structures/house. meaning religiously they did the exact same things... One man builds his house on a true pic of God and the winds and rains come and his house was proofed/vetted that He knew God. while the fool who does all the same thing the wise man does... His house, because it was not built where God told Him to build it fell... not so you could waller in your own pitty and grow angry at God, no it fell so you double down and research where to build.

If you want a two way relationship with God you have to do thing his way, not your. His way takes no time if you come in the right heart and mind!

QuoteI actually wasted a long stretch of my life doing just that
that doesn't meaning anything if you did not find God. I might have searched with earnestness for maybe a few months once I got my mind right.. more over I set out to read the NT and found God before I finished. then read the rest of the bible like I already knew what was on page. with in a year had a class teaching and answering questions then answered questions for preachers and elders, then was put incharge of a collage age singles ministry (the hoplessly single scarry people) within 6 months got an in with the local university, had all kinds of social activities and write in debates. where some of the admin got involved and we made quick work of them as well. and in all that time from then to now little has changed. you all read the same commentaries based on the same sundae school logic, and you all keep making the same theological errors. but 'we' can't know who you are. you have to be a mystery!

QuoteI'll not offer you my boring story, but suffice it to say, I sincerely and longingly asked for the god of the bible to manifest himself to me.
Then by all accounts your atheism is an answered prayer... God moved you to kill off or clear the slate on what you think God to be. now if your mind can remain open you are poised to build a true pic of God.

QuoteI'm still waiting. 
If you don't know what God looks like or who God is how could you possible know you are still waiting? at best all you can say is you broken down version of God has left you behind.

QuoteBut then it dawned on me fully, that a fiction cannot respond in any way, shape, or form.
Your right!

QuoteThat is the answer.
indeed!

QuoteYour god and your bible is a fiction.
Actually I have 24/7/365 access to my God I can ask God anything and get a answer on it. It's your version of the God of the bible who is silent not mine.. Therefore you got it wrong.. I didn't. (I don't play guess what number I'm thinking of.)

QuoteIt is as real as Bugs Bunny or Mighty Mouse.  And just as provable. 
what does proof of God look like? if you don't know how will you ever identify it?

I say God or rather direct access to God is proof of God. Even if it is for one at a time on an one on one basis.

As for being 'moral'--there is no morality as you mean it.  Your fictional bible proclaims a fictional morality--and that christian morality changes with each and every christian out there.  Right and wrong is established by each society and at each moment of time.  Morality changes, for the rules of society change.  There is ultimately only one source of your morality--you.  And your morality is different than mine or anybody else.
yeah...Biblical Christianity is not about being 'moral.' It is about being redeemed.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Unbeliever

Here's a woman who really believed she had a ghost problem - turned out to be carbon monoxide poisoning!

https://www.ted.com/talks/carrie_poppy_a_scientific_approach_to_the_paranormal/transcript?language=en

No ghost, no goblin, no God.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Drich0150

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 26, 2017, 04:02:51 PM
Here's a woman who really believed she had a ghost problem - turned out to be carbon monoxide poisoning!

https://www.ted.com/talks/carrie_poppy_a_scientific_approach_to_the_paranormal/transcript?language=en

I guess the carbon monoxide was localized under my bed.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Unbeliever

I wasn't specifically referring to you, just that people often misidentify causes of weird stuff.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 26, 2017, 04:02:51 PM

Except my experiences, and that of others, had no connection to carbon monoxide.  Oxygen maybe, that is always available.

"yeah...Biblical Christianity is not about being 'moral.' It is about being redeemed." ... that is why so many Christians are going to Hell.  Muslims for a different reason: "Allah made me do it".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

aitm

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 26, 2017, 04:29:40 PM
I guess the carbon monoxide was localized under my bed.

Not necessarily, sometimes people who have their head up their ass for a long time suffer from methane exposure....prolly similar..
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Unbeliever

I bet he believes we actually read that stupid shit he wrote!
God Not Found

Baruch

Any Jew-boy can write holy writ ...

ܝܢ ܬܥ Ü'Ü¥Ü"ܝܢܢܝܢÜ" ܘܐܣ ܬܥ ܡܥܡܥ
ܐܢܕ ܬܥ ܡܥܡܥ ܘܐܣ ܦܥܦܥ
ܐܢܕ ܦܥܦܥ ܣܡܝܠܥܕ

Please interpret that if you can ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I can read that - it says:

Shop smart - shop S-Mart!
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 26, 2017, 06:13:22 PM
I can read that - it says:

Shop smart - shop S-Mart!

Also "half off the week before Passover!"  That is why it is called "the good news".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Simon Moon

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 23, 2017, 04:48:20 PM

Then one night he showed up

I use to stop breathing while I slept, and I remember one time I was a sleep, but realized I was fairly lucid, but at the same time I could not wake because I had stopped breathing, I remember trying to wake myself, but couldn't. Then I realized I was no longer in my room but at my judgment. I saw a being and immediately fell flat on the ground before Him and he told me not to be afraid and to rise and follow him. I did, to a line of people.(not a long line maybe 10) I saw Jesus welcoming people by name, and again I fell flat on the ground, and my life's events started to recount in my Head. (Before He even got to me)

So....

You had a case of sleep paralysis accompanied by night terrors.

Yeah, that's a rational reason to believe.

Please don't ever attempt to argue that you are a critical thinker or a skeptic. Or that you have rational warrant for your beliefs. When it sure looks like you had nothing more than a well known, natural experience, that you wildly misinterpreted.
And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence - Russell

Mike Cl

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 26, 2017, 02:54:28 PM
not really assumptions.. there are observed situations. You guys are not the snow flakes you think yourselves to be. God made provisions in everything a potential believer would face and their reaction given time and temp of their hearts. from that I can, and do formulate truths which do put people off by design. Why? humility. So you have a marked measure of how far you got to go to see God. the madder you are at what I have to say the farther you are.

I know most of you think and want to remain enigmas so let pretend I am as stupid as you keep telling yourselves even though I have gone though and crapped on some of your best arguments. You can pretend, I know nothing about you. That I don't have 20 years in speaking to people just like you and nearly another 10 in study. Lets pretend I just make crap as I go along so you can feel good about yourself and your position in the universe.. then what? what do you tell yourself when I keep crapping on your best arguements? when I keep making sense of the bible when I show you how simple all of this reall is... then what? That's right he's stupid.. Till I'm not anymore and member have to pm each other to not be reminded about how much sense I am making.

Because it doesn't f-ing matter if your God has shown to you to be false/dead. If God sent the wind and the rain to tear down your faith/house and you prayed and prayed and no one came, that means God was showing you that you were a foolish man who built your house on the sand. Meaning your idea of God is wrong.. Because according to Christ that is our foundation to our Spiritual homes. Our foundation. if we build on the rock then we are building on the actual God. Everything else is sand.

Now do not misunderstand me. I am not talking about salvation. Any monkey man can find salvation (and they have no souls ;) ) You can be saved and live on the sand. but don't expect God to bless you or help you out of anything if he is showing you to be on sand and you do nothing about it..

God sends the wind and rain to destroy what we want to hang on to. even now, look at how you are proud of all you did... Again A wise man and a foolish man build an identical structures/house. meaning religiously they did the exact same things... One man builds his house on a true pic of God and the winds and rains come and his house was proofed/vetted that He knew God. while the fool who does all the same thing the wise man does... His house, because it was not built where God told Him to build it fell... not so you could waller in your own pitty and grow angry at God, no it fell so you double down and research where to build.

If you want a two way relationship with God you have to do thing his way, not your. His way takes no time if you come in the right heart and mind!
that doesn't meaning anything if you did not find God. I might have searched with earnestness for maybe a few months once I got my mind right.. more over I set out to read the NT and found God before I finished. then read the rest of the bible like I already knew what was on page. with in a year had a class teaching and answering questions then answered questions for preachers and elders, then was put incharge of a collage age singles ministry (the hoplessly single scarry people) within 6 months got an in with the local university, had all kinds of social activities and write in debates. where some of the admin got involved and we made quick work of them as well. and in all that time from then to now little has changed. you all read the same commentaries based on the same sundae school logic, and you all keep making the same theological errors. but 'we' can't know who you are. you have to be a mystery!
Then by all accounts your atheism is an answered prayer... God moved you to kill off or clear the slate on what you think God to be. now if your mind can remain open you are poised to build a true pic of God.

If you don't know what God looks like or who God is how could you possible know you are still waiting? at best all you can say is you broken down version of God has left you behind.
Your right!
indeed!
Actually I have 24/7/365 access to my God I can ask God anything and get a answer on it. It's your version of the God of the bible who is silent not mine.. Therefore you got it wrong.. I didn't. (I don't play guess what number I'm thinking of.)
what does proof of God look like? if you don't know how will you ever identify it?

I say God or rather direct access to God is proof of God. Even if it is for one at a time on an one on one basis.
yeah...Biblical Christianity is not about being 'moral.' It is about being redeemed.
You are a bit different than most christians--but not in any important way.  You have a unique twist to the bible blended in with the usual drivel.  But it is still based on a fiction.

What you are telling me is to stop thinking and stop using my senses and stop relying on my experiences and start believing in the same god you do.  Then I will succeed and find god.  Well, frankly, that and you are bullshit.  I've explored what you are trying to peddle long and hard.  And find that it is a fiction.  That fiction can do nothing for me or against me--just as Roger Rabbit can't effect me.  If your god were not a fiction he would have made whatever choices we need to make clear and easy to follow.  We would not even need to read a fictional book to get it.  You crap is just that --fictional crap.  And you still have not given me a single fact to base you delusional crap you call a belief yet.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Simon Moon on June 26, 2017, 07:02:47 PM
So....

You had a case of sleep paralysis accompanied by night terrors.

Yeah, that's a rational reason to believe.

Please don't ever attempt to argue that you are a critical thinker or a skeptic. Or that you have rational warrant for your beliefs. When it sure looks like you had nothing more than a well known, natural experience, that you wildly misinterpreted.

Sleep paralysis is also often interpreted as alien abductions ;-)

Echoing Mike CL ... the Pied Piper was not a nice man.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on June 26, 2017, 11:04:23 PM
Sleep paralysis is also often interpreted as alien abductions ;-)

Echoing Mike CL ... the Pied Piper was not a nice man.
Especially if you are a Rat.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 26, 2017, 11:58:50 PM
Especially if you are a Rat.

No sympathy for the townspeople who refused to pay him, or their children he abducted?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.