News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

My conversion

Started by Drich0150, June 23, 2017, 04:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drich0150

Quote from: Baruch on June 28, 2017, 12:38:30 PM
Sorry, but you don't understand Paul either.  Read "In Search of Paul" by Crossan, 2004.

I know I already answered this by speaking topically, but now I want to speak personally...

You ever think that maybe perhaps you are the one who does not understand Paul? I mean after all your the one who can not reconsile the bible, your the one who check out of Christianity because you found too many confusing things...

Maybe just maybe because I can reconsile Paul and jesus without changing a word either says I may.. get them both.. or at least better than you do/oh great one who has lost himself in OT judaism (A religion that even the jews today know they can not practice)
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Baruch

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 28, 2017, 01:53:03 PM
I know I already answered this by speaking topically, but now I want to speak personally...

You ever think that maybe perhaps you are the one who does not understand Paul? I mean after all your the one who can not reconsile the bible, your the one who check out of Christianity because you found too many confusing things...

Maybe just maybe because I can reconsile Paul and jesus without changing a word either says I may.. get them both.. or at least better than you do/oh great one who has lost himself in OT judaism (A religion that even the jews today know they can not practice)

I find the best experts out there, and read and compare what they say.  Like a patient getting multiple opinions from more than one doctor.  I don't claim to be a doctor myself ... that would be malpractice!  It has taken a lot of effort to learn to competently comparison shop humans .. but I like to think I have gotten better at it over the years.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 28, 2017, 01:49:18 PM
Sory but Crossan understanding of Paul is at best speculatory. He outright dismisses whole swaths of passage just to create friction and misalignment between Christ and Paul. Mr. Cross does not understand one simple precept that dismisses his whole commentary. In that Jesus when He spoke, he spoke of the law and condition of the law in the moment in which he lived, and at the end just before his assertion spoke of passing the torch to the 'helper' who was to come after. This shows a predetermined/intention evolution of the religion.

If you read the teaching of Christ he does not set up the logistics of a religion. rather He was a wrecking ball that destroyed the Pharisaical hold the leadership had over the people. To the people He sent the 12, to the rest we got Paul. Paul had the leg up because dimwitte gentiles knew nothing of the law andtherefore did not need to be jews first inorder to be christian.

That one little detail obliterates crossan's book. Jesus Himself teaches this is a couple different parables but people like crossan refuse to acknowledge them so they can me living pharisees.

I would contend there is NOTHING that Paul said that interfered with what Christ said, but rather Christ was a precursor to Paul.

So, you think you are a scholar then ... and you dismiss a scholar, if they get one little thing wrong in your own opinion?  You do have a high opinion of yourself.  I don't agree with everything Crossan writes or says, but I do know he is worth considering.  I know he knows little about Judaism, and has had to struggle his whole life to overcome his Catholicism.  I know some things he doesn't know, because I have worked hard to get where I am at now.  One has to know the influence of India, Babylon, Egypt and Greece over Hellenistic Judaism.  One has to know Kabbalah too.

You might gain from listening to ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x2SvqhfevE

Please learn to say this very fast!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

Quote from: Baruch on June 28, 2017, 07:30:35 PM
I find the best experts out there,

ahh, there lies the whole nut my friends. If one needs an "expert" to explain the babble...when indeed the babble says exactly what it says it does...one can only come to the conclusion that the babble indeed says exactly what is says it does and....a lot of people scramble to say what they think it says because that shit be stupid...surely the almighty allknowing god could write his book for the common man eh? I mean, how smart do yo have to be to know that women, on their period are filthy and need to go out in the woods for a week?  Makes perfect sense for idiots.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Cavebear

Quote from: aitm on June 23, 2017, 07:42:17 PM
tl;dr  .....I was an asshole, then experienced oxygen loss to the brain resulting in some hallucinations based on my want for a father figure to make up for the lousy one I got, then decided that I must have seen god because who else would come to me? I mean did you think a wooky or a wasp would be worthy of "saving" ME? C'mon....I am a special snowflake that has his own god...imagine that bitches.......and I am here to convince you that I was right by getting someone....anyone to agree with my idea so I can have justification for believing this bat shit crazy ass bull-shit.
I'm sorry you had a hard time coming to atheism.  My path was SO easy; I just always WAS...  And I am very relieved for myself that mine was easy.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Drich0150

Quote from: Baruch on June 28, 2017, 07:30:35 PM
I find the best experts out there, and read and compare what they say.  Like a patient getting multiple opinions from more than one doctor.  I don't claim to be a doctor myself ... that would be malpractice!  It has taken a lot of effort to learn to competently comparison shop humans .. but I like to think I have gotten better at it over the years.

lol.. I had a rabbi rosenthall who taught volumes in the way you are failing right now. where He succeeded and where you fail is in your content. He brought content to a discussion set it up and delivered a message, Then and only then did he come back with the one line retorts that tied his messages together. it was masterful.

Understand what rabbi rosenthall did is not what you are doing. this is a jagged attempt at a back hand smack to someone who holds your values. Again I'm not a Sadducee.. I don't hold myself to your standards and really don't care about your judgements personally. However I am beginning to see you as a boat anchor to these people that fills their 'religious quota.'

Let's see if 'we' can't do something about that.

Maybe some more teaching on the jewish culture or maybe some more hebrew quotes will set me straight... 

1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Drich0150

Quote from: Baruch on June 28, 2017, 07:32:32 PM
So, you think you are a scholar then
I think myself a student sport.
... and you dismiss a scholar, if they get one little thing wrong in your own opinion?
it's not one thing... because youve gotten several things wrong you need to be exposed as a blind guide. maybe not because yu see yourself a certain way but because others hold yu to this standard.
You do have a high opinion of yourself. 
I do not hold an opinion of myself I am simply an a or b person. i classify and compartmentalize, and I move on. if you are not an A then B if not a nor b then you are a snow flake.

QuoteI don't agree with everything Crossan writes or says, but I do know he is worth considering.
if the man is wrong for the one thing he is known for... then what purpose does he serve for the purpose of this conversation?
I know he knows little about Judaism, and has had to struggle his whole life to overcome his Catholicism.
So because of that it is ok to throw out 2/3 of the NT? I don't care what problems the man has had God sends the wind and rain to all of us. If your house falls over that's because it is built on the wrong foundation.
  I know some things he doesn't know, because I have worked hard to get where I am at now.  One has to know the influence of India, Babylon, Egypt and Greece over Hellenistic Judaism.  One has to know Kabbalah too.
Yeah no thanks tom hanks!

You might gain from listening to ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x2SvqhfevE

Please learn to say this very fast!
use your own words please not a watcher of other people tripe.

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 29, 2017, 02:38:17 PM
I think myself a student sport.
A student who doesn't learn anything. That's an amazing concept!
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Drich0150

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on June 29, 2017, 03:23:49 PM
A student who doesn't learn anything. That's an amazing concept!

Is there anyone here qualified to teach?

Aside from myself of course..

Blackleaf

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 29, 2017, 04:15:02 PM

Just about everyone BUT you, actually...
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Unbeliever

Yeah, you've taught us how to write really long and boring twaddle.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Sorry ... teaching is putting your little lamp on the lamp stand, to shed to light.  Not to shed some darkness ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 29, 2017, 02:26:41 PM
lol.. I had a rabbi rosenthall who taught volumes in the way you are failing right now. where He succeeded and where you fail is in your content. He brought content to a discussion set it up and delivered a message, Then and only then did he come back with the one line retorts that tied his messages together. it was masterful.

Understand what rabbi rosenthall did is not what you are doing. this is a jagged attempt at a back hand smack to someone who holds your values. Again I'm not a Sadducee.. I don't hold myself to your standards and really don't care about your judgements personally. However I am beginning to see you as a boat anchor to these people that fills their 'religious quota.'

Let's see if 'we' can't do something about that.

Maybe some more teaching on the jewish culture or maybe some more hebrew quotes will set me straight...

My rabbi is Rebbe Nachman of Bratislava ... a descendent of the Baal Shem Tov himself (Hasidic founder).  Now there was a real Yid.  Is your rabbi even a Yid?  Sorry, I don't give formal lectures ... I teach the Socratic way, one on one ... or one on a few.  Adults only.

NaNachs in Israel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk_-bevtqMs

If Jesus were around, he would be right in the middle of that ... he was a party animal ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

Coming to an atheist site with your conversion story is a bit like going to an orgy and bragging to everyone about your new chastity ring and the benefits of just saying no to sex..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

fencerider

drich said "why dont you just meet god on his terms?" Sorry mate but god has to prove that he exists first before he can demand any terms. god has to prove he exists before he can expect any faith

Are you going to teach us the right way to pray too? I can go on youtube and find a hundred videos of people claiming the right way to pray
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.