Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

My conversion

Started by Drich0150, June 23, 2017, 04:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 05, 2017, 02:13:34 PM
Actually my request for BVC has silenced

No, it proves time and time again, you don't know the babble and you just post spoon fed crap from your pastor. The babble is made up crap and you flaunt it like it is strawberries and cream instead of a horrendous book of a make believe deity that is far crueler than any human has ever been...but that gets your willy hard I guess. Run along now.....someone I am sure is looking for you.

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on July 06, 2017, 03:27:47 PM
Also, gollum was transformed into a degenerative creature by his obsession over a magical object in a world where magic actually existed, unlike the horseshit being touted here by a guy using the same ramblings a preacher uses to manipulate the masses into conversion.

The reason why guys like this ramble on so much is if they stop drilling their cult mindset into the heads of simple folk, it might give them pause for thought that maybe what their saying is horseshit. That's also why atheism has become so much stronger in the modern day unlike any other point in history, because we have information, examples, stories and accounts showing what religion is, instead of it just coming from a few sources of info like newspapers or controlled institutions of education

Your point that magic existed "for real" to the characters in the LOTR story is a good point.  It requires not only our suspension of disbelief, but also the characters acceptance of it as real.  Nice!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

sdelsolray

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 06, 2017, 01:18:54 PM
Not as nice as Gollum--or smart.  At least Gollum was conflicted about his current state of affairs.

Gollum/Smeagol experienced periodic and intense cognitive dissonance ("CD").  CD arises in a healthy mind and often helps resolve the internal contradictions by bringing them to a conscious level so that the brain's rational processes can process them.

Poster Dritch1050 has exhibited no cognitive dissonance in his posts on this forum.  Likely, his earlier deep religious indoctrination has atrophied his brain's ability to generate cognitive dissonance of which he can perceive.

Short version:  Dritch1050's brain is miswired.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 06, 2017, 09:48:16 PM
Your point that magic existed "for real" to the characters in the LOTR story is a good point.  It requires not only our suspension of disbelief, but also the characters acceptance of it as real.  Nice!

It took you 70 years to get this?  This long to achieve reading comprehension of fiction?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Drich0150

Quote from: aitm on July 06, 2017, 06:13:41 PM
No, it proves time and time again, you don't know the babble and you just post spoon fed crap from your pastor.
what it prooves is you do not obey the rules of this web site when quoting written material
The babble is made up crap and you flaunt it like it is strawberries and cream instead of a horrendous book of a make believe deity that is far crueler than any human has ever been...
To evil men and I appaude Him for it!

but that gets your willy hard I guess. Run along now.....someone I am sure is looking for you.
being brought up as a victim has cost you your discernment. in your attempt to persecute God and his followers you condemn the very things your society was built on, and I have yet to hear any one of you renounce any of the luxuries the pain and suffering of other has afforded you! but it all ok (being a hypocrite) just so long as you hate someone else for it.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Baruch

Weekly quotes from the sermons of Pepe ...

ܣܥܥ ܣܐܠܠܝ ܣܥܠܠ ܣܥܐܫܥܠܠܣ ܐܛ ܬܥ ܣܥܐܫܘܪܥ
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Baruch on July 07, 2017, 02:10:27 PM
Weekly quotes from the sermons of Pepe ...

That's interesting. The mouse knows to start from the right side and go left when selecting Hebrew text. I didn't know it was smart enough to take that kind of thing into consideration. At least I managed to learn one thing from this stupid thread.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 07, 2017, 02:43:45 PM
That's interesting. The mouse knows to start from the right side and go left when selecting Hebrew text. I didn't know it was smart enough to take that kind of thing into consideration. At least I managed to learn one thing from this stupid thread.

Haha ... well, like the hidden hand of Adam Smith ... text formatting is there, even if you can't directly see it.  If you paste in right-justified text and post it, the justification is preserved.  And no, Kekistani isn't Hebrew at all.  Praise Kek!  My Kekistani posts aren't random, but nobody has the "ganas" to want to figure it out ... or doesn't have the "nous" to do so if they try to.  There are probably NSA agents feverishly trying to decipher it, worried that it might reveal CIA mini-transceivers hidden in the dental work of the Senate ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 07, 2017, 09:07:46 AM
  in your attempt to persecute God and his followers you condemn the very things your society was built on....

There are quite a few economists, and perhaps some of us who are not, who would suggest that one of the quickest ways to extravagant wealth is to not have to pay for the labor force to do all the work. Not just slavery, but indentured slavery....then we progressed into many decades of importing cheap laborers (and vast discrimination) from various ethnicities not the last of being the Chinese, who were also murdered and "re-located"...oh and should we start with the natives?

Yeah...."oh christians are what made this country great"....looks like you know as much about American history as you do your own babble.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Drich0150

Quote from: aitm on July 06, 2017, 06:13:41 PM
No, it proves time and time again, you don't know the babble and you just post spoon fed crap from your pastor. The babble is made up crap and you flaunt it like it is strawberries and cream instead of a horrendous book of a make believe deity that is far crueler than any human has ever been...but that gets your willy hard I guess. Run along now.....someone I am sure is looking for you.

Actually it did silence someone.. bit of a dog with a bone if you will... (My request for BCV) silence you! I mean I did give a full explanation of the separation of waters as per your requesting after our bcv dance.

none of which I can promise you has ever been espoused from a pulpit, and it left you silent for a while. then the next time I asked for BCV you barked up again seeming having forgotten the last teeth kicking I just gave you.

How about putting some truth in your writing and go line by line and give me a scientific explanation as to how/why what I said about the separation of waters would not have worked the way I explained it... Rather than just spouting out dated cliché' that are true about most first year Christians who come to sights like this. Meaning show me you have the mental capacity to play on this level before challenging to another 'dual' you will just run from and then come back in a week or two and do it all over again.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Drich0150

Quote from: sdelsolray on July 06, 2017, 10:59:32 PM
Gollum/Smeagol experienced periodic and intense cognitive dissonance ("CD").  CD arises in a healthy mind and often helps resolve the internal contradictions by bringing them to a conscious level so that the brain's rational processes can process them.

Poster Dritch1050 has exhibited no cognitive dissonance in his posts on this forum.  Likely, his earlier deep religious indoctrination has atrophied his brain's ability to generate cognitive dissonance of which he can perceive.

Short version:  Dritch1050's brain is miswired.

Bwahahaha
someone misused a fancy word to show how dumb I'm supposed to be!!!
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/cognitive+dissonance

Maybe talking so good is not thing for you.. maybe stay with talking only: "I am Groot" for now.

Drich0150

Quote from: aitm on July 08, 2017, 08:13:02 AM
There are quite a few economists, and perhaps some of us who are not, who would suggest that one of the quickest ways to extravagant wealth is to not have to pay for the labor force to do all the work. Not just slavery, but indentured slavery....then we progressed into many decades of importing cheap laborers (and vast discrimination) from various ethnicities not the last of being the Chinese, who were also murdered and "re-located"...oh and should we start with the natives?

Yeah...."oh christians are what made this country great"....looks like you know as much about American history as you do your own babble.

I think you and I share a lot of common points on slavery

aitm

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 09, 2017, 02:20:26 PM
I think you and I share a lot of common points on slavery

well...yer a god fearing thumper...and god loves peeps having slaves...so I kinda doubt we agree on slavery.

Cavebear

Drich:  "in your attempt to persecute God and his followers"

You are assuming there are both a god AND followers.  There can be one without the other both ways.  There could be a god without any followers and there could be followers without a god to follow.  There can be followers without a basis...  And IF there is a god (and I suggest the possibility with some hesitation), it would most certainly be so far beyond comprehension as to make any theism a futile exercise.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Drich0150

Quote from: Cavebear on July 11, 2017, 07:30:39 AM
Drich:  "in your attempt to persecute God and his followers"

You are assuming there are both a god AND followers.  There can be one without the other both ways.  There could be a god without any followers and there could be followers without a god to follow.  There can be followers without a basis...  And IF there is a god (and I suggest the possibility with some hesitation), it would most certainly be so far beyond comprehension as to make any theism a futile exercise.

wow are you new at this whole atheism thing?

Just look at what some of your peers have posted about a God they themselves like you do not believe in... Now tell me how can their be no belief in said God when you and your peers show distain and hate for Him?

For example I harbor no ill will towards the worshipers of FSM because I know he does not exist, but if the followers of FSM had it much better than I did I could learn to resent them, and  if they were smug assholes I could learn to hate them, not if the took all of what I hated and attributed to their FSM I would hate that too. Then in somecases break out into a rage fit against those in whom I hate and then taunt them and their God to save them.

So I ask again are you new to atheism? because it seems most of your peers are pretty darn close to lashing out at those in whom they hate.