News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

My conversion

Started by Drich0150, June 23, 2017, 04:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

"why can't you meet God on His terms?"

Well, strictly in a logical sense, it would be impossible for mere mortals to comprehend a true deity.  But that assumes there is one, and I do not.  Indeed, I see a profound lack of evidence for one.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 06, 2017, 04:11:56 AM

Well, strictly in a logical sense, it would be impossible for mere mortals to comprehend a true deity.  But that assumes there is one, and I do not.  Indeed, I see a profound lack of evidence for one.

Your statement self contradicts ... a completely transcendent being would of course be invisible to our senses and minds ... that is what transcendent means.  This is why I accuse the Greeks of ruining theology ... the G-d of Genesis is clearly not very transcendent.  That G-d can't even transcend a bad attitude, and reacts badly when having a bad day.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Drich0150

Quote from: Cavebear on July 06, 2017, 04:11:56 AM

Why would you assume that the deity is not smart enough to simply speak to you on your level of understanding?
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Drich0150

Quote from: Baruch on July 05, 2017, 04:02:21 PM
Drich ... you remind me of Hamlet ...

"O God, I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams."

Don't be Jelly
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Drich0150

Quote from: fencerider on July 05, 2017, 10:43:18 PM
I was reading what you said when I posted. not a misquote

Where was Thomas when Jesus appeared and allowed Him to touch his wounds? "In the upper room." Why is that important? Because the disciples were being hunted in Jerusalem and they pharisees looked to have them killed as co-conspirators as well. But Jesus told them to not leave and meet him in this 'upper room' which was kinda in the middle of the 'danger zone.'

So in essence Thomas was doing exactly what Jesus told Him to do When Christ arrived He did whatever it took to eastablish and maintain the belief of Thomas till He was martyred for those beliefs.

That Sport is why I said you mis quoted me. You took my quote out of it's context to create a straw man you then felt comfortable to attack... Look how low you must go to discredit what I said... look how you abandoned your integrity.

The first time around you did not use the quote tags as you knew what you had to do to compile your straw man and look how this time you used the quote tags to try and bring legitimacy back to your post.

Again...

Salvation is easy, you can goto God as you are.

However if you wish reward in Heaven or a relationship with God now where you can ask and He will respond... You must meet God on His terms.

Do you get that both going to God as you are and seeking God on His terms are both required? You go to God as you are to be "Saved." You seek God on His terms to Serve and to be rewarded.

Cavebear

I love the desperation that is shown when theists post multiple times trying convince me by quantity over quality of arguments...

Mike Cl

He converted from a human being into a hallow caricature of a human being; and he believes he is better and now far seeing.  What a dolt.  Not waste any more on this babbling idiot.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 06, 2017, 12:13:14 PM
He converted from a human being into a hallow caricature of a human being; and he believes he is better and now far seeing.  What a dolt.  Not waste any more on this babbling idiot.

Sort of like Gollum?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on July 06, 2017, 12:15:18 PM
Sort of like Gollum?
Not as nice as Gollum--or smart.  At least Gollum was conflicted about his current state of affairs.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 06, 2017, 01:18:54 PM
Not as nice as Gollum--or smart.  At least Gollum was conflicted about his current state of affairs.

LOL!  Just thought of how Gollum was connected to Sauron and how the comparison would appear to a theist.  No harm meant.  I don't consider them Satanists.  Equally unreal...

Munch

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 06, 2017, 01:18:54 PM

Also, gollum was transformed into a degenerative creature by his obsession over a magical object in a world where magic actually existed, unlike the horseshit being touted here by a guy using the same ramblings a preacher uses to manipulate the masses into conversion.

The reason why guys like this ramble on so much is if they stop drilling their cult mindset into the heads of simple folk, it might give them pause for thought that maybe what their saying is horseshit. That's also why atheism has become so much stronger in the modern day unlike any other point in history, because we have information, examples, stories and accounts showing what religion is, instead of it just coming from a few sources of info like newspapers or controlled institutions of education
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mike Cl

Quote from: Munch on July 06, 2017, 03:27:47 PM
Also, gollum was transformed into a degenerative creature by his obsession over a magical object in a world where magic actually existed, unlike the horseshit being touted here by a guy using the same ramblings a preacher uses to manipulate the masses into conversion.

The reason why guys like this ramble on so much is if they stop drilling their cult mindset into the heads of simple folk, it might give them pause for thought that maybe what their saying is horseshit. That's also why atheism has become so much stronger in the modern day unlike any other point in history, because we have information, examples, stories and accounts showing what religion is, instead of it just coming from a few sources of info like newspapers or controlled institutions of education
Good point, Munch.

Drich0150

Quote from: Cavebear on July 06, 2017, 11:30:31 AM
I love the desperation that is shown when theists post multiple times trying convince me by quantity over quality of arguments...

And I like it when people tell me I am on their ignore list yet they directly answer my posts.

Drich0150

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 06, 2017, 12:13:14 PM
So... Anyone who transcends your old level of Christianity is to be not believed and dismissed?

WTF?!?!? Jelous much you big cry baby? boo hoo I prayed to my God and found nothing, this guy says the same prayer and God answers Him... Must be he's lying... Never mind the bible/Jesus said this very thing could happen if God saw me as a fool!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu5bBDRpzPM

Wait a tick... What if... What if... You are the fool Jesus spoke of? IF you could get over your wounded pride then you have not only a promise of God found in luke 11 but direction from Christ Himself about where to go next.

Or you can keep pretending none of this is real and your effort are the only result despite what other may say.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on July 06, 2017, 07:18:48 AM
Your statement self contradicts ... a completely transcendent being would of course be invisible to our senses and minds ... that is what transcendent means.  This is why I accuse the Greeks of ruining theology ... the G-d of Genesis is clearly not very transcendent.  That G-d can't even transcend a bad attitude, and reacts badly when having a bad day.
Yeah, and His days last a thousand years!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman