Guy sends dick pic, girl tells his mom

Started by Valigarmander, June 12, 2013, 04:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason78

Quote from: "Mermaid"I do not find it shocking either. But I do find it very wrong. What I do find shocking, however, is that there are men on a forum such as this who find his actions to be par and she should have expected what she got.

It was wrong.  It was a clumsy and brutish attempt to get noticed.  

It's understandable though.  And just because I understand why he did what he did does not mean that I in any way condone his actions or subsequent behaviour.

There are men with a varying level of skill when it comes to interacting with members of the opposite sex.  It's not just this forum, that's men everywhere.

Quote from: "Mermaid"If you think showing women your dick unsolicited is ever going to get you laid, think again. Do you even see the harassment and hostility in his act and in his words to her after she asked him to stop?

People get hostile when they are rejected.  That's just another landmine in the minefield of dating.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

the_antithesis

Whelp, there go my plans for the weekend.

WitchSabrina

I will not make a joke.
I will not make a joke.
I will not make a joke.

:Hangman:
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Jason78"
Quote from: "Mermaid"I do not find it shocking either. But I do find it very wrong. What I do find shocking, however, is that there are men on a forum such as this who find his actions to be par and she should have expected what she got.

It was wrong.  It was a clumsy and brutish attempt to get noticed.  

It's understandable though.  And just because I understand why he did what he did does not mean that I in any way condone his actions or subsequent behaviour.

There are men with a varying level of skill when it comes to interacting with members of the opposite sex.  It's not just this forum, that's men everywhere.

Quote from: "Mermaid"If you think showing women your dick unsolicited is ever going to get you laid, think again. Do you even see the harassment and hostility in his act and in his words to her after she asked him to stop?

People get hostile when they are rejected. That's just another landmine in the minefield of dating.

Gratefully married.

Johan

Quote from: "Jason78"People get hostile when they are rejected.  That's just another landmine in the minefield of dating.
Incorrect. People who are lacking in character and/or have issues respecting women get hostile when they are rejected. Emotionally healthy people and those with ;good character do not get hostile when they are rejected.

And the fact that it happens does not mean that it is acceptable or that anyone should simply expect it. Its time to raise your standards I think.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

SGOS

So, are they going to meet for coffee, or not?

La Dolce Vita

*I'll just add the obligatory women and gay men can become hostile jerks when rejected too*

*And then add the outrage that bisexuals of all genders, lesbians, transgender, transvestites ... *takes breath* ... and not to mention the poor hermaphrodites (don't they get any representation?) where EXCLUDED ABOVE!!!*

And then we can not go there.  [-X

As for the OP. Awesome. Got just what he deserved.  :rollin:  :rollin:  :rollin:

Jason78

Quote from: "Johan"
Quote from: "Jason78"People get hostile when they are rejected.  That's just another landmine in the minefield of dating.
Incorrect. People who are lacking in character and/or have issues respecting women get hostile when they are rejected. Emotionally healthy people and those with ;good character do not get hostile when they are rejected.

And the fact that it happens does not mean that it is acceptable or that anyone should simply expect it. Its time to raise your standards I think.

If they were emotionally healthy people with good character, then I would not be rejecting them!

It does happen, so you should expect it, not accept it.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Johan"

Riiiiight.   (sarcasm)  Cause the world is just chocked FULL of emotionally-stable, healthy people.  You bet.  Let's check those religion numbers for proof of the emotionally crippled folk world-wide - shall we?    Yes - I often check emotionally instability with religious affiliation - wonder why that is?

*evil maniacal laugh*

Of course, Johan, you are not mistaken - but thinking a bit ideal.  Hey - I recognize it for sure. No one thinks more ideally than me.

Jmpty

I can tell why some people are single, after reading their posts.
???  ??

La Dolce Vita

Quote from: "Jason78"If they were emotionally healthy people with good character, then I would not be rejecting them!

Your sole criteria for dating, being in a relationship with or having sex with someone is them being emotionally healthy people with good character? I find that slighty (INFINITELY) hard to believe.

Nonsensei

Quote from: "DunkleSeele"
Quote from: "Nonsensei"Welcome to the internet lady. If you get your back up over a picture of a penis you might just want to swear off anything that utilizes electrons right now.
So would you be okay with a guy chatting up a woman in a club and suddenly showing her his willy? Would you tell this woman to quit going to clubs?

And don't try to tell me "oh, but that's different", because it's not.

Except it is and you know it. I know a lot of people get their rocks off exploding minor things into huge deals on these forums. I have been guilty of it myself. But this is the internet, not a bar. That was a prank, not psychological warfare. He was an troll, not some would be rapist.

The article in the OP mentions that shameful donglegate incident and compares this to it. The same donglegate in which one man made a joke to another man and a woman who overheard it got him fired for it. Just like in that situation where the woman could have chosen to just tune them out or ignore it or (GOD FORBID) laugh along, the girl in this situation could have even more easily just closed the application.

Instead the reactions were to attempt to destroy the lives of the "offenders". Over something that these women didn't like but which ultimately they would have forgotten about in a couple days if not a couple minutes if they simply moved on.

Yeah, thats what womens power is about. Thats what feminism is about. Crushing men and destroying their lives and/or reputations over some transient indiscretion and justifying that reaction by claiming it was a psychological or sexual assault.

Fuck that shit.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Nonsensei"
Quote from: "DunkleSeele"
Quote from: "Nonsensei"Welcome to the internet lady. If you get your back up over a picture of a penis you might just want to swear off anything that utilizes electrons right now.
So would you be okay with a guy chatting up a woman in a club and suddenly showing her his willy? Would you tell this woman to quit going to clubs?

And don't try to tell me "oh, but that's different", because it's not.

Except it is and you know it. I know a lot of people get their rocks off exploding minor things into huge deals on these forums. I have been guilty of it myself. But this is the internet, not a bar. That was a prank, not psychological warfare. He was an troll, not some would be rapist.

The article in the OP mentions that shameful donglegate incident and compares this to it. The same donglegate in which one man made a joke to another man and a woman who overheard it got him fired for it. Just like in that situation where the woman could have chosen to just tune them out or ignore it or (GOD FORBID) laugh along, the girl in this situation could have even more easily just closed the application.

Instead the reactions were to attempt to destroy the lives of the "offenders". Over something that these women didn't like but which ultimately they would have forgotten about in a couple days if not a couple minutes if they simply moved on.

Yeah, thats what womens power is about. Thats what feminism is about. Crushing men and destroying their lives and/or reputations over some transient indiscretion and justifying that reaction by claiming it was a psychological or sexual assault.

Fuck that shit.

Not ALL women or women's 'power'.   And not all women who consider themselves feminist.  A no.
Extreme moronic, short-sighted, selfish, self absorbed women? Sure.    But not all.
common.......

You know better than to make blanket statements like that.
And who was she?   The woman who left you with such a lousy opinion of all us women in general?  I think it's high time I asked you that.   And sorry I haven't asked you before now.

Common - you know for a fact that ALL women who try to protect (or fight for) women's rights are not assholes or idiots.  You know some pretty good women from Right here from this forum.

right?

Mermaid

Quote from: "Jmpty"I can tell why some people are single, after reading their posts.
Quoted for truth.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Mermaid

Quote from: "Nonsensei"Yeah, thats what womens power is about. Thats what feminism is about. Crushing men and destroying their lives and/or reputations over some transient indiscretion and justifying that reaction by claiming it was a psychological or sexual assault.

Fuck that shit.
Oh. Oh my God. Really?

Really?
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR