News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

creation/evolution

Started by Drich0150, June 19, 2017, 04:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colanth

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 18, 2017, 02:26:13 PM
CEO-What? it's been 6 months, give it sometime.
He said "from the start".  It's been 6 months and all we've seen are tweets.

QuoteHave you ever been on twitter?
No, I don't waste my time on religion or twitter - same nonsense.

Quotedo you know how it works??
DUH!  I started on ARPANET, so yes, I know how just about every site on the internet works.

Quotewhen your limited to 64 characters it is hard to say something proud everyday unless you have a team of writers work behind you to prop you up.
Obama didn't seem to have that problem.  Oh, wait, he spoke to reporters, he didn't tweet nonsense.

Quotehttp://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/may/9/illegal-immigration-southwest-border-down-70-pct/
Or the washington post, the ny time or like below NPR: http://www.npr.org/2017/04/27/525584236/in-trumps-first-100-days-a-dramatic-reduction-in-immigration
It's summer - Mexican illegal immigration always drops this time of year.  Next thing you'll be praising him for melting the snow after the winter ended.

QuoteKind make the spelling of boarder a smaller secondary BS factoid when you get the primary sourcing of the subject matter wrong, huh?
Primary sourcing ... like not knowing that illegal immigration in hot trucks lessens in the summer?

QuoteYou: Hey man let me get that speck out of your eye, you seem all sorts of unrespectible running around with that speck..

Me: then how about you take that plank out of your eye before you start digging in mine.
Oh, a Bible reference.  I'm defeated.

Quotewhich is why I included links to source material that included graphs which describes last years numbers... you know last year at this time.. when the temp was the same, meaning the risk was the same. :winkle:
WOW!  Nice cherry-picking - and completely wrong.  The first link was from January to April, the second one was about the same timeframe - his first hundred days.

Lie much?

QuoteThanks obama for selling out our gold reserves to china which put us in the spot where now china is calling into question the power of the Dollar as the world lead currency.
You failed history?  Recent history?The dollar has been sliding as the world's currency [i[due to the fact that Europe is using Petrodollars as the base[/i].  For years.

Quote2/3's of the world still runs on coal
Not on ours, though.

QuoteEven vast swaths of China still depend on coal.
And mine their own.  How does that bring the coal industry back to the US?

QuoteWhich is the oppsite of what obammie promised. "Keep your doctor, keep you plan, prices will be cut in 1/2"
And was the first year.  Then the Republicans modified it because you can't have Obama get anything right.  Right?

QuoteHe started with a million dollar loan.
To run the family's business.  He's lost 4 total fortunes so far.

QuoteI can promise you no one starts a business to have it fail in the expectations to make a billion dollars as the net result.
Failed economics too, huh?

So where's that post with objective proof that your god objectively exists?
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Drich0150

Quote from: Colanth on July 20, 2017, 07:31:37 PM

Jonnie come lately and those comming after him. i am not wanting to talk politics on this thread, please start another thread rather than derail this one any further.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Cavebear

Colanth said "DUH!  I started on ARPANET, so yes, I know how just about every site on the internet works."

I understand.  I was watching a TV show on the Apollo Space Program and they mentioned the primitive software available in 1967.  I started college in 1968 and took some computer classes in 1969.  Punch cads in Fortran and all that.  I didn't realize at the time that I was on the cutting edge.

I was good at programming, but didn't realize the importance of it.  I was not only good at programing, I was the "go to" guy for debugging other student's programs.  My life would have been entirely different had I pursued that subject.

I had a great career otherwhere, but I think I missed out on my best talent.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 22, 2017, 02:48:29 AM
Colanth said "DUH!  I started on ARPANET, so yes, I know how just about every site on the internet works."

I understand.  I was watching a TV show on the Apollo Space Program and they mentioned the primitive software available in 1967.  I started college in 1968 and took some computer classes in 1969.  Punch cads in Fortran and all that.  I didn't realize at the time that I was on the cutting edge.

I was good at programming, but didn't realize the importance of it.  I was not only good at programing, I was the "go to" guy for debugging other student's programs.  My life would have been entirely different had I pursued that subject.

You self pat on head as good as Drich does ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Colanth

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 21, 2017, 04:19:40 PM
Jonnie come lately and those comming after him. i am not wanting to talk politics on this thread, please start another thread rather than derail this one any further.
Derailing?  Did you notice that the site is named atheistforums?  Quoting the Bible is derailing the whole site.  Are you man enough to take your own advice?

Colanth

Quote from: Cavebear on July 22, 2017, 02:48:29 AMI was good at programming, but didn't realize the importance of it.  I was not only good at programing, I was the "go to" guy for debugging other student's programs.  My life would have been entirely different had I pursued that subject.

I think I can tell you how different it would have been, since I did go that route.

And I couldn't retire.  I was drawing Social Security, I was on Medicare, but I was still going to work every day.  Until it got too painful (spinal arthritis), so I had to quit going to work.  (I still write software for myself.)  Once you get that "AHAH!  I finally solved it" feeling, you don't want to give it up.

Cavebear

Quote from: Colanth on July 22, 2017, 04:45:59 PM
Derailing?  Did you notice that the site is named atheistforums?  Quoting the Bible is derailing the whole site.  Are you man enough to take your own advice?
Drich thinks this is mostly for theists to yell about their religious superstitions?  Doesn't he realize that this is a place for atheists to talk to each other about many subjects they have in common or not?

Colanth

Quote from: Baruch on July 22, 2017, 07:19:39 AM
You self pat on head as good as Drich does ;-)
It's not patting yourself on the head to claim that you know how just about every site works when you've written ... oh, I don't know, hundreds at least, maybe more.  Websites aren't as "ununderstandable" as many people think they are, it's just code.

Baruch

Quote from: Colanth on July 22, 2017, 04:53:33 PM
It's not patting yourself on the head to claim that you know how just about every site works when you've written ... oh, I don't know, hundreds at least, maybe more.  Websites aren't as "ununderstandable" as many people think they are, it's just code.

I may believe you code ... but Cavebear claiming what a good coder he would have been, had he chosen to ... sorry.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Colanth

Quote from: Cavebear on July 22, 2017, 04:52:55 PM
Drich thinks this is mostly for theists to yell about their religious superstitions?  Doesn't he realize that this is a place for atheists to talk to each other about many subjects they have in common or not?
You've only been here almost a year, so I forgive you for not recognizing Drich.  We've had him here under different names, wearing different bodies, since I joined 5 years ago, and from what I saw back then, people were already tired of "Drich-like" behavior.  The "the Bible is right, so ..." kind.  He may think that he's coming up with something new, but most of us have seen it before - over and over and ... ad real nauseam.

Cavebear

There was a time I visited religious sites and asked questions.  OH how they howled.  How DARE I invade their space they screamed.  Doesn't seem to bother them in reverse.

I'm not the least surprised.  They are all one way.  Like some dictators who say elections are fine.  "One election, one time" if they win.

Colanth

Quote from: Cavebear on July 22, 2017, 05:00:59 PMThere was a time I visited religious sites and asked questions.  OH how they howled.  How DARE I invade their space they screamed.  Doesn't seem to bother them in reverse.
Of course not.  The bible is true and real.  there are no atheists, just people who believe in God but refuse to admit it.  (I don't know when you gave up religion, if you ever had any, but I've been seeing this stuff [not from family - thank someone's god that my father was also an atheist and didn't shove any of that religion stuff down my throat] since I realized, at the age of 6, that I couldn't make myself believe in this "God" creature.)

Baruch

Quote from: Colanth on July 22, 2017, 05:06:07 PM
Of course not.  The bible is true and real.  there are no atheists, just people who believe in God but refuse to admit it.  (I don't know when you gave up religion, if you ever had any, but I've been seeing this stuff [not from family - thank someone's god that my father was also an atheist and didn't shove any of that religion stuff down my throat] since I realized, at the age of 6, that I couldn't make myself believe in this "God" creature.)

I was fortunate also.  My father was secular, he simply ignored religion.  My mother was very marginal Methodist.  So I had no pressure from family.  I only came to religion as an adult, when I had a chance to know what I was getting into.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on July 22, 2017, 05:09:36 PM
I was fortunate also.  My father was secular, he simply ignored religion.  My mother was very marginal Methodist.  So I had no pressure from family.  I only came to religion as an adult, when I had a chance to know what I was getting into.
I was fortunate that my parents (and grandparents) were agnostic.  They could have been atheistic, but the subject just did not come up much and to this day (all parents and grandparents dead) I still regard them as agnostic.  They let me pretty much figure the religious side of life on my own. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 22, 2017, 05:46:24 PM
I was fortunate that my parents (and grandparents) were agnostic.  They could have been atheistic, but the subject just did not come up much and to this day (all parents and grandparents dead) I still regard them as agnostic.  They let me pretty much figure the religious side of life on my own.

There is something to be said for parental direction and tradition, but it isn't American.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.