News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

creation/evolution

Started by Drich0150, June 19, 2017, 04:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drich0150

Quote from: Baruch on July 12, 2017, 02:20:45 AM
Japanese saying ... "Why are Japanese drivers so good?"  ... "Because all the bad ones are dead!"

Okinawan saying: You karate Do yes, ok. You Karate do no, ok too. You karate "maybe/I guess," you squish just like grape.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on July 12, 2017, 02:20:45 AM
Japanese saying ... "Why are Japanese drivers so good?"  ... "Because all the bad ones are dead!"
Natural selection at work!

:steeringwheel:
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Drich0150

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on July 12, 2017, 10:46:04 AM
If he said that, then yes, he was lying or just didn't know. Sure, there was some risk involved, but they were going to the fucking moon. Of course there was some risk involved. They did have redundancies, and what little that wasn't redundant was built to very high engineering quality. That's why the Saturn V was so expensive. You could literally buy every Veryon Supersport on the planet with handsome change left over for the cost of a single Apollo launch (at today's prices).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_asNhzXq72w

an intellectual discussion Doesn't work that way sport.. I make an assertion and then back it with no less than three reference point one telling you redundancies were limited to navigation, second source said redundant systems were not always planned/modular as per the example of the oxygen scrubbers in the command modual verse the lam were redundant systems but did not share the came construction. Which nearly ended apollo 13 sohortly after the cryo stir explosion.
Well, certainly the tanks didn't have redundancy,
actually they were several oxygen tanks, but most all of the o2 was planned.

Quotebut they were built to high standards.
no one is disputing that sort, but a high standard does not make a redundant system.

QuoteRedundancy doesn't mean "two or more of everything," you fucking idiot.
glob..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redundancy_(engineering)
In engineering, redundancy is the duplication of critical components or functions of a system with the intention of increasing reliability of the system, usually in the form of a backup or fail-safe, or to improve actual system performance, such as in the case of GNSS receivers, or multi-threaded computer processing.

So yeah in engineering a redundant system means there is a back up or another system ready to take over the primary. I am an engineer with an engineering company with 20+ years and 3 patents are you seriously going to argue this moot point against me and the reference material I just left you? If so just know the "Ya-Huh" you plan to use has already discredited you.

QuoteIt means that even in a catestrophic accident (like what happened on Apollo 13), there were contingencies and backups for what might go wrong to get the crew back safely.
No... sportress those are contingencies. A contingency plan is just that.. a plan worked out based on a system failure. There is a book of them. on the apollo mission the book was thrown out because they said the space craft would never be able to sustain that much damage and be survivable.. (which is another stroke of luck as the 'science' had already given up before the failure was completely identified.

So here Again I left reference material supporting my personal take on those words. if you seek to topple you must find a more reliable source, otherwise your intellectual laziness will be identified and simply dismissed as not being worthy of comment.

QuoteThe LEM served as a lifeboat on 13. It counts as a redundant system.
Yes sweet heart but as I also pointed out the parts on the lem were not compatible with the systems in the command modual (The oxygen scrubbers to be exact.)

Because they were testing the systems through Apollo 10.
Well, wouldn't you want to test the systems before going through with the full mission, you fucking nimrod?
Holy Crap... if you just cut and pasted the next sentence... are you so foolish as to not read all of what I write before you respond? or is it your hope I don't remember what I told you if you do not quote it???

IF you read the rest of what I wrote You would see the bit about the shuttle astronauts not having 10 missions before the first flight. Why? because they have the redundant systems you thought the Saturn V did. The fact is the saturn V did not have the redundancies which is why there were so many non-moon flights on a rocket built to goto the moon.

Again, can just disagree I posted quite a few references. if you want to argue what I posted you have to refute the nasa based material I quoted from.

Or just concede the argument, because the deeper you go the more foolish you look arguing with NASA documents that you are trying to contradict.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 12, 2017, 02:26:37 PM
actually they were several oxygen tanks, but most all of the o2 was planned.
no one is disputing that sort, but a high standard does not make a redundant system.
glob..
In engineering, redundancy is the duplication of critical components or functions of a system with the intention of increasing reliability of the system, usually in the form of a backup or fail-safe, or to improve actual system performance, such as in the case of GNSS receivers, or multi-threaded computer processing.
Oh, look! Redundancy doesn't require duplications of components; it can involve duplication of function. The Apollo spacecraft was functionally redundant in terms of life support, in the form of the LEM. One way to achieve functional redundancy is with modular redundancy, but it's hardly the only way.

This basically destroys your entire argument. You claimed that the way that Apollo got to the moon was through luck. Well, no, that wasn't luck. It was engineering. Very little was left to chance. It took only a little fuel with the redundant systems on the LEM to boost Apollo 13 onto its return trajectory. Contingency is a form of redundancy, the functional kind. Properly executed, it can put you back on track in a mission, or at least get you back safely, and in engineering, that's all that's required. At best, you are nitpicking about the exact engineering definitions, but you have not dismissed my overall point: that the acheivements of the Apollo program was due to MAN, not to any sort of God.

Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Baruch

When I did engineering, I was like a god!  So I see this argument as a false dichotomy ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: Baruch on July 12, 2017, 06:28:44 PM
When I did engineering, I was like a god!  So I see this argument as a false dichotomy ;-))
Were you "like a god" the same way Trump is "like a smart person"?
(she bites!)

Baruch

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on July 13, 2017, 12:58:31 PM

Well, had I been given a million by my dad, to start ... I would have stopped while I was ahead ;-)  So no, not the same.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on July 12, 2017, 10:46:04 AM

Well, wouldn't you want to test the systems before going through with the full mission, you fucking nimrod?

To make a minor point, Nimrod was actually a mighty hunter.  Of the bible to be sure, but calling someone a "nimrod" to suggest an unskilled person has always amazed me.  Sort of like calling Orion of mythology an "Elmer Fudd".

Carry on....
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Drich0150

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on July 13, 2017, 12:58:31 PM

Billionare... POTUS... Own Jet, not a g series but a boeing777 holdings all over the world.

What you people don't seem to understand, is no one is giving anyone a billion dollars, the presidency was not a gift 777's don't grow on trees... If Trump has that stuff, like it or not he is indeed smarter than everyone else on the planet who has ever strives for extreme wealth and or the supreme seat of modern power.

Let me put it to you another way...

Where is your billion dollars kept?

What are you president of... whatever it is it is not the United States. Does it make you stupid because you don't have these things? then why is trump stupid for amassing a fortune and being elected to the highest office in the US?

Cavebear

And apparently he is.  I'm almost tempted to peek at the posts.  But that would ruin the anticipation when I do someday.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 14, 2017, 03:41:27 PM
Billionare... POTUS... Own Jet, not a g series but a boeing777 holdings all over the world.

What you people don't seem to understand, is no one is giving anyone a billion dollars, the presidency was not a gift 777's don't grow on trees... If Trump has that stuff, like it or not he is indeed smarter than everyone else on the planet who has ever strives for extreme wealth and or the supreme seat of modern power.

Let me put it to you another way...

Where is your billion dollars kept?

What are you president of... whatever it is it is not the United States. Does it make you stupid because you don't have these things? then why is trump stupid for amassing a fortune and being elected to the highest office in the US?
Trump is good at selling Trump, and that's really all the presidential election is â€" it's a sale.

Running the country? That's a different kettle of fish. On that front, he's been abysmal. No economic policy, Obamacare still here, and trouble with his son's ties with Russia. He's literally been cruising on the coattails of Obama for the past six months.

Anyway, I don't need a billion dollars. I'm satisfied with what I have, and I am more or less happy. Trump strikes me as the kind of fellow who wouldn't be satisfied if he had a trillion dollars, and that speaks to me of a deeply broken character.
(she bites!)

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on July 14, 2017, 04:02:01 AM
To make a minor point, Nimrod was actually a mighty hunter.  Of the bible to be sure, but calling someone a "nimrod" to suggest an unskilled person has always amazed me.  Sort of like calling Orion of mythology an "Elmer Fudd".

Carry on....
And it was the Bugs Bunny cartoons that turned 'Nimrod' from 'mighty hunter' into 'doofus' -- the hunter angle was exactly why Bugs referred to Elmer as a 'poor little Nimrod'.

I seem to recall seeing a thing on TV once, there's some high school in northern Michigan that's been the Nimrods since like 1910 or thereabouts, long before the word turned.  And they've kept the name.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

fencerider

Trump was a dumbass before he got elected and he hasnt shown any improvements in the last 6 months. nothing to see... there are still a lot of dumber people that still think the old goat is better than Clinton some serious republican brain-washing going on here. and Congress could get rid of all their problems if they kick him out and let Pence take over

I always thought of Nimrod as a guy like Mr. T; mean dude that may kick your butt. Elmer Fudd was supposed to be the idiot? the Nimrod?
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Look who has PDS ... politics derangement syndrome ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on July 14, 2017, 04:02:01 AM

Carry on....

QuoteIn American English, however, the term has assumed a derogatory meaning, probably because of Bugs Bunny's references to Elmer Fudd as a "poor little Nimrod".[1] While this was most likely using the term's "hunter" sense, it contributed to the development of a sense "one who was easily confounded".
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/nimrod

Pop culture trumps erudition.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers