News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

creation/evolution

Started by Drich0150, June 19, 2017, 04:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

An oil man, in California, started modern Christian Fundamentalism ... 100 years ago.  Who made him Pope?

And no, you don't talk like a rocket scientist ... not that you needed to.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 07, 2017, 08:57:02 AM
I have/Had family @ NASA durning those days. the moon landing 90% math we knew 0 about the moon all speculation so that leaves propulsion/rocket. which is 50%  math, 20%metallurgy, 5% thermodynamics, 20%chemistry 5%"electronics"
lol, sounds legit.

QuoteAre you kidding me???
Whew.  If you agreed with me there, I probably made some critical mistake.

Quotethe world around many say the moon landing never happened.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weasel_word

QuoteNot one of them but because people know what little 'science' we have vested in the moon landing to them makes it seem impossible.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_fallacy

I suggest upgrading to the latest version of reality.  In this version, space exploration no longer strains credulity to the breaking point.

QuoteThe more you understand about the 1960 space program the more you get the feeling that there was a 10 year span of time where the government threw every spare dollar into makeing this work and by LUCK it did!
Luck, huh?  Katherine Johnson will be delighted to know that she didn't have to show up to work for decades to calculate launch trajectories - sheer dumb luck was really made this stuff happen, not painstaking work and technical know-how.

QuoteYet God simply says Ask, seek and knock till you find me, and I will give you a mesure of the Holy Spirit! God the Father Send God the Spirit to interact with you. So in essence God is the proof you get of God!

QuoteWhat proof of the moon landing do we have? grainy footage many say was filmed on a sound stage ecause this moon dream was bankrupting the country.
indeed once you critically look at what you are actually getting for proof... One one hand GOD Himself establishes and maintains a relationship with you.

on the other we get a fuzzy black and white video from the moon when/at a time most people could not get a tv signal from a tv station located more than 10 miles away.
I'm getting an Alex Jones vibe here...

Quote1) I didn't say the planet is not warming it is evident and there is 500 years of data to support this.

2) what I am saying is it takes a tremendous amount of faith to believe al gore's version of what the planet is warming over the 500 years of original study that the earth shared.
So...denialism lite?  Is that really any better?

Jason78

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Drich0150

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 08, 2017, 12:04:37 AM
lol, sounds legit.
Whew.  If you agreed with me there, I probably made some critical mistake.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weasel_word
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_fallacy
Leaving a quote with no explanation =/= responding to an argument let alone refuting one. how about dragging your intellect lazy arse up to the table and rub a few synapses together and see if you can't form an idea or two with the raw material you just pooped all over my thread.
I suggest upgrading to the latest version of reality.  In this version, space exploration no longer strains credulity to the breaking point.
Hey Retard,
YOUR EXAMPLE OF THE 1969 MOON LANDING FRAMES THE FRIGGEN TIME FRAME IN WHICH WE ARE DISCUSSING!!! A TIME WHERE EVERYONE KNEW IT WAS ALL ABOT FAITH!!!!! You got caught using a very bad analogy suck it up take the hit like a man and concede the point lost

Because again in 1969 Space was a faith based business

Luck, huh?  Katherine Johnson will be delighted to know that she didn't have to show up to work for decades to calculate launch trajectories - sheer dumb luck was really made this stuff happen, not painstaking work and technical know-how.
Hey F*cking MORON how did I start my last thread to you? when you said the space program was all "science" I split your science down I said the launch was at least 50% math... What category do you think course trajectories fall under? Thermodynamics????
ITS MATH MORON!!!! M-A-T-H.....

1/2 the program was based on math.. So where does luck come in?
the mechanical execution, system performance, unforeseen system failures unforeseen events (like the build up of condensation in certain electronic, or the cryo motor failure that blew out on Apollo 13 It is LUCK that over a million SYSTEMS Not just parts (as one system could contain 100K parts) on the ground and in scape had to work flawlessly in 1969!!!

I'm getting an Alex Jones vibe here...
So...denialism lite?  Is that really any better?
Again no. I have faith we went to the moon. Why because my uncle and cousin both testify to their roles in the programs they were involved in at the time.

Do you see blind man? I am allowed to have faith, so I can say we went to the moon based on what I believe to be true. You can't. because the evidence does not support such an assertion. The fact that the radiation shielding was not avaible till 1980 tells me you can not believe in a 1969 moon landing... that is unless you too have faith in science and those who worked on the project.. But then again that destroys your whole B/S line about science is apart from faith.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Baruch

I worked for 10 years in Aerospace, including things that went up into space.  You don't sound like a rocket scientist to me ... but then you don't claim to be one either.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

aitm

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 09, 2017, 03:01:33 PM

says the moron who preaches that the universe is because of a grand designer, a "naturalistic" designer of great power and knowledge......but admits that 2/3rds of the stars fell to the earth,,,,with no apparent repurcussions...that the sun went backward.....that the sun and universe revolves around the earth....that mankind can summon the power of the almighty to alter the physical face of the earth....that the almighty has a secret garden still hidden on earth protected by sword swinging cherubs....somewhere...out there....that the tree of knowledge is still out there...somewhere....and that above all else..god thinks that a bloody pussy is "unclean" and needs to be set out in the wilderness...less it infects others...and that anyone who "sticks" said pussy should be killed...

Yeah.... you got us really interested in your whack-a-doo babb-a-doo.....mop head
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Hydra009

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 09, 2017, 03:01:33 PMhow about dragging your intellect lazy arse up to the table and rub a few synapses together and see if you can't form an idea or two with the raw material you just pooped all over my thread.
Was that supposed to be ironic?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 09, 2017, 10:00:34 PM
Was that supposed to be ironic?
Nah.  Just typical theistic stupidity.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Drich0150

Quote from: aitm on July 09, 2017, 09:51:52 PM
says the moron who preaches that the universe is because of a grand designer, a "naturalistic" designer of great power and knowledge......but admits that 2/3rds of the stars fell to the earth,,,,with no apparent repurcussions...that the sun went backward.....that the sun and universe revolves around the earth....that mankind can summon the power of the almighty to alter the physical face of the earth....that the almighty has a secret garden still hidden on earth protected by sword swinging cherubs....somewhere...out there....that the tree of knowledge is still out there...somewhere....and that above all else..god thinks that a bloody pussy is "unclean" and needs to be set out in the wilderness...less it infects others...and that anyone who "sticks" said pussy should be killed...

Yeah.... you got us really interested in your whack-a-doo babb-a-doo.....mop head

Non sequitor

Please do and try and stay on topic. The conversation went from me proclaiming the in 1969 rocket science was 50% math... Then you or someone on your level made the assertion that I claim trajectories were just luck.. It then correct. Then you menstrated the above thoughts all over my thread. If you want to talk about your bloody pussy i do ask you start another thread. Or just troll some place else. Or is that what admins do on this website? hide behind authority and troll christian members???
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Unbeliever

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 07, 2017, 11:09:17 AM

I wonder if Christians take their cars to faith mechanics and pray for them to be fixed by their God?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

QuoteYet God simply says Ask, seek and knock till you find me, and I will give you a mesure of the Holy Spirit! God the Father Send God the Spirit to interact with you. So in essence God is the proof you get of God!

Can God really be found by those who seek him?

Quote from: Psalm 18:41They cried, but there was none to save them: even unto the LORD, but he answered them not
Quote from: Proverbs 1:28Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:
Quote from: Lamentations 3:8Also when I cry and shout, he shutteth out my prayer.
Quote from: Lamentations 3:44
Thou hast covered thyself with a cloud, that our prayer should not pass through.
Quote from: Luke 13:24Strive to enter in at the straight gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Apparently, the answer is a big fat NO!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Drich0150

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 10, 2017, 04:31:10 PM

Can God really be found by those who seek him?

Apparently, the answer is a big fat NO!

Of course not moron.

The command was to Ask Seek And Knock not just seek

Hakurei Reimu

Hey F*cking MORON how did I start my last thread to you? when you said the space program was all "science" I split your science down I said the launch was at least 50% math... What category do you think course trajectories fall under? Thermodynamics????
Trajectories fall under "celestial mechanics." There are some fields of science that are quite math-heavy. Celestial mechanics is one. Here's another:

the mechanical execution, system performance, unforeseen system failures unforeseen events (like the build up of condensation in certain electronic, or the cryo motor failure that blew out on Apollo 13 It is LUCK that over a million SYSTEMS Not just parts (as one system could contain 100K parts) on the ground and in scape had to work flawlessly in 1969!!!
You do know that there's this thing called "redundancy," right? Despite your bluster, these millions of parts did NOT have to work flawlessly, because they were redundant systems â€" the fact that there were millions of parts was partially to ensure that enough of it did work properly to get men to the moon. There was tolerance for failure.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

aitm

QuoteHey F*cking MORON
awww....dirchy baby is losing his grip....too much sciency stuff for a babble thumper
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Hydra009

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on July 10, 2017, 09:21:36 PMYou do know that there's this thing called "redundancy," right? Despite your bluster, these millions of parts did NOT have to work flawlessly, because they were redundant systems â€" the fact that there were millions of parts was partially to ensure that enough of it did work properly to get men to the moon. There was tolerance for failure.
Yeah.  The manned mission that landed on the moon was Apollo 13, the 7th manned mission in the program and the manned mission that popularized the phrase "Houston, we've had a problem here".

The equipment didn't "work flawlessly", nor was its success attributable to luck (that idea insults the huge amount of painstaking work and knowledge that went into the program).

TL;DR - OP is a bundle of sticks and doesn't understand the "scape" program.