News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

creation/evolution

Started by Drich0150, June 19, 2017, 04:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drich0150

Quote from: fencerider on July 01, 2017, 01:19:56 PM
Drich - of what do I have to be proud? - seriously? Do you want a list of all the proud things you said in this post? I guess pride is the big sin of Drich
which is what exactly... meaning where have i attributed any of this to my self or me being special? matter of fact I have gone out of my way to point out I am like everyone else. I simply followed through with wht God Gave me.

QuoteDrich - we all have faith - I don't, I don't even know what faith is.
sure you do. do you know every system and subsystem in a 787? would you still fly in a 787? Even if you did not have a full working knowledge and confidence drived from a full understanding of how this aircraft worked would you still fly in this aircraft?

Quotesure we have a BS definition made by Paul but every time I hear it my answer is wtf did he just say? not talkin in English
If you want to say faith is trust in god... why should I be trusting in someone that has never proved he exists? If any god doesn't take the time to prove he or she or it exists why waste my time looking for h/s/i? maybe that god doesnt want to be found

here Faith is trust in what other report of God. As in You built your religious efforts on the sand. God answered your prayers, knocked down your old faith, so you have a chance to build a proper one on Him and who He is in accordance to scripture rather than religion.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Mike Cl

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 05, 2017, 08:49:12 AM

sure you do. [have faith] do you know every system and subsystem in a 787? would you still fly in a 787? Even if you did not have a full working knowledge and confidence drived from a full understanding of how this aircraft worked would you still fly in this aircraft?
No, I don't have faith.  And I don't believe.  Of course I do not understand exactly how an airplane works; in general, but not every system exactly.  So what?  I can say the same about the car I drive or the house I live in.  So what?  What I do know is the track record of my car or airplane I plan to ride in.  I know that it is reasonably safe.  I know that the pilots know what they are doing.  And I think I will get from point a to point b safely and on time.  It is called trust.  I trust the auto and airplane systems to do what they been doing--and no, that is not faith.  Trust is earned from testing.  Faith is blind and needs not be earned--in fact for the theist it is best when not even attempted to be tested.  Faith and belief is not needed nor wanted in my world.  Feel free to use it in yours.

As for the pride you display--you are bursting at the seams with it.  Just about every sentence you type, your pride is dripping all over the place.  In your first couple of statements on the board, one of the first things I thought was, 'You need to get over yourself.'  And you still do.  You wear you 'humbleness' as a badge, as a 'see me, see how humble I am because I follow what god tells me to; and you to can aspire to this same humbleness.'  You are the poster child of how to be prideful.   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Drich0150

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 05, 2017, 09:05:48 AM
No, I don't have faith.  And I don't believe.  Of course I do not understand exactly how an airplane works; in general, but not every system exactly.  So what?
THAT Is FAITH Sport!!! fith you won't fall out of the sk, faith that tsa did it's job, faith in the mechanics and faith in the engineers, faith in the pilots faith faith faith!
QuoteI can say the same about the car I drive
Faith you don't blow a tire at hyw speeds and roll over!

Quoteor the house I live in.  So what?
FAITH!!!! Because other's like you has a simlar experience and it turned out well.

Same thing sport. You need faith and honest enough to say you got it wrong first time, and faith enough to simply take God upon His offer. or faith in those who have and can show you what He has done for them.
What I do know is the track record of my car or airplane I plan to ride in.  I know that it is reasonably safe.
So long as something out of you control says your not safe., just one of a million plus parts all of which have to be in good working order. Here if you had any idea how everythig worked you'd probably be less inclined. So here in essence less 'proof' is needed to fly. just the testimonial of others, and you are willing to literally bet your life on odd, and a machine you have no idea how it works... Yet when it comes to God where nothing is asked of you, no one even asking you to change anything you can be yourself... this is too large of a leap of faith??!?

QuoteAs for the pride you display--you are bursting at the seams with it.
but the joy in it is not ine.. Don't you get it? I am using the power the insite the gifts of God much like Christ did to those who opposed Him. Not a me thing I am proud of but I am proud of God choosing me to work with Him!
Just about every sentence you type, your pride is dripping all over the place.
Indeed pride in God is not a bad thing.. it is prie in self or other things we must watch out for.

QuoteIn your first couple of statements on the board, one of the first things I thought was, 'You need to get over yourself.'  And you still do. 
If you had your capacity access to the Holy Spirit/Meaning if you had all you could understand of God at your finger tips, not because of who you are but because you were chosen, would you too not be confident in everything you had to say and do concerning God? For me it is not a theory or a guess. I know what god has shown me. and I could not be more blessed about it. you want me to tone it down fine, then I ask you do the same.

Don't jst assume what I say is wrong just because it is different. I have to "flash" my God given authority card/study and book learn when ever someone call my intellectual capacity into question, then you all get huffy when you realize that easy way out is not available to you.

You wear you 'humbleness' as a badge, as a 'see me, see how humble I am because I follow what god tells me to; and you to can aspire to this same humbleness.'  You are the poster child of how to be prideful.
when have I ever done that? or aid that? you are just throwing cliche's at me looking to see what sticks.

I do obey God but have yet to give a single example of my obedience.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Mike Cl

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 05, 2017, 12:42:05 PM
THAT Is FAITH Sport!!! fith you won't fall out of the sk, faith that tsa did it's job, faith in the mechanics and faith in the engineers, faith in the pilots faith faith faith!  Faith you don't blow a tire at hyw speeds and roll over!
FAITH!!!! Because other's like you has a simlar experience and it turned out well.
Why don't you grow up??!!  I have 'faith' that the plane I'm in won't fall out of the sky????!!!!  You are just brainwashed (if you have a brain), blind and stupid.  Why would I need 'faith' to trust that the airplane was designed correctly, that the pilot was trained properly and that it will perform as it should.  The plane was designed using proper laws of physics--not faith a prayer.  God did not do it, mankind did using science.  Science does not need faith.  Faith does not equal trust.  Trust is earned from being tested.  One cannot trust faith--only accept it or not.

So, sport, take your theistic jargon and sit and spin with it.  Brainwash yourself all you want.  Could you learn to spell, too??? You, sport, are just so pathetic.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Jason78

Oh you've got to have Faith!
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Unbeliever

That video is not available in my country.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

fencerider

hmmm a quick spell check and some bold to show an example from this post of Drich being too proud...

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 30, 2017, 12:02:14 PM
What is the definition of arrogance again?
ar·ro·gant
/ˈerəɡənt/

adjective

1. having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities: "he's arrogant and opinionated"

Which brings us back to me. You call me arrogant because I seem to have all the answers and because I am no longer seeking or guessing at the truth. One understands this condition is a gift of the Holy Spirit. In essence God grants me access to his knowledge, his understanding. It does not belong to me I simply have a heavenly library card...

Your problem is you desperately need to believe there is no God or your whole world shit storms down around you. So if I claim or rather even if I can show I have knowledge of God others overlook, or can not observe, in your world view I am the one playing games. I am the one who is arrogant.

What if I'm telling the truth... What if I am just right simply because God grants me access to infinite knowledge... Can you imagine how that would empower someone? the confidence it would give them?? Not that I could begin to process it all, I simply have been invited to share in what I can grasp. but even so... my little share is a far site from what one can grasp after his attempt at Christianity fails.

Arrogant? no, not if what I say is true. remember the definition of arrogant and not just the emotion of the word. So how do you know what I say is true or not? One finds God where the Bible tells you to look or be ready to open up some old dusty books.

sure you do. do you know every system and subsystem in a 787? would you still fly in a 787? Even if you did not have a full working knowledge and confidence drived from a full understanding of how this aircraft worked would you still fly in this aircraft?
I've only been on 2 round-trip flights; uncomfortable all the way. However I know the basic systems. Give me some aircraft aluminum and a CNC and I'll make you an airframe as soon as I figure out the machine. Give me the steel-alloy and I'll crank out the jet after that. ( bad choice on your part) There definitely wasn't any faith going on when I was flying. I was awake every minute of a 7hr red-eye flight to Quito.

here Faith is trust in what other report of God. As in You built your religious efforts on the sand. God answered your prayers, knocked down your old faith, so you have a chance to build a proper one on Him and who He is in accordance to scripture rather than religion.
that is enlightening... try again professor
What does now faith is the evidence of things hoped for. The evidence of things not seen mean in English?
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Cavebear

You are missing the argument Drich is making.  He is pulling the old argument claiming that if a tornado sweeping through a junkyard can't assemble a something as complex as a 747, how could evolution make a human...

The refutation is that the screws and bolts of a 747 aren't self-assembling the way chemistry is.  It's the watchmaker argument updated.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 06, 2017, 04:04:26 AM
You are missing the argument Dritch is making.  He is pulling the old argument claiming that if a tornado sweeping through a junkyard can't assemble a something as complex as a 747, how could evolution make a human...

The refutation is that the screws and bolts of a 747 aren't self-assembling the way chemistry is.  It's the watchmaker argument updated.

Correct.  The first watchmaker argument dates to before there were watches.  At least 1000 years old, and it is still invalid (in the context of materialism).  The argument only works for theism, if you are a closet theist to begin with ... which Drich clearly showed over time, over time he showed he was deliberately deceptive.  Usually I assign that to the Devil, not to G-d.

Materialists must presuppose "There is no alternative" or "epiphenomenalism" which is scientism, not science.  Everyone has closet belief systems.  Not to say that materialism is wrong, only that atheists, as humans, same as theists ... produce mostly ape poo.  Some of us produce bear poo ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Drich0150

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 05, 2017, 03:02:39 PM
Why don't you grow up??!!  I have 'faith' that the plane I'm in won't fall out of the sky????!!!!
How is this an unreasonable assumption??? or have you blindly by faith just accepted the general sentiment about flying?? there are on a good year 1 crash every two days, and in bad years there can bad as many as 10! crashes every year.
http://www.aopa.org/training-and-safety/air-safety-institute/accident-analysis/joseph-t-nall-report

QuoteYou are just brainwashed (if you have a brain), blind and stupid.
said the man who posted no numbers or reference material of any kind... just his thoughts and 'feelings.'

QuoteWhy would I need 'faith' to trust that the airplane was designed correctly,
because no one system or team of designers can foresee whats 1000s of hours will do to parts over time.
Every contingency can not be planned for.
http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2013-01/why-boeings-787-dreamliner-such-piece-crap

There's also 10,000 pages of service bulitens and emergency recalls in addition to what was posted here. all based on adnormal or unexpected parts wear or failure.

You are simply too naive to know how much faith is required to step on a plane.

Quotethat the pilot was trained properly and that it will perform as it should.  The plane was designed using proper laws of physics--not faith a prayer.
Says someone who has never maintained an aircraft.

QuoteGod did not do it, mankind did using science.
actually math and trial and error sport. Science didn't come in till after a sucessful model could be tested. or so say the two bike mechanics who pioneered the process.
Science does not need faith.
Science IS Faith.

QuoteFaith does not equal trust.
No one said it needs to. maybe you do not even understand the term faith and where it is sourced...

QuoteTrust is earned from being tested.  One cannot trust faith--only accept it or not.

So, sport, take your theistic jargon and sit and spin with it.  Brainwash yourself all you want.  Could you learn to spell, too??? You, sport, are just so pathetic.
again says the man who have me take all that he says by faith as he left not citations nor reference material to support his position... How ironic is that? the man who argues for the use of the tiniest bit of faith and only at the beginning before God fill his coffers with proof, provides vetted facts in his argument, while the man who demands to know no faith requires it from his readers, as nothing he says is supported by anything.

Drich0150

Quote from: fencerider on July 06, 2017, 02:34:27 AM
hmmm a quick spell check and some bold to show an example from this post of Drich being too proud...
or dyslexic, so when he clicks on a word and the word he is looking for does not appear he has to move on.

QuoteI've only been on 2 round-trip flights; uncomfortable all the way. However I know the basic systems. Give me some aircraft aluminum and a CNC and I'll make you an airframe as soon as I figure out the machine. Give me the steel-alloy and I'll crank out the jet after that. ( bad choice on your part) There definitely wasn't any faith going on when I was flying. I was awake every minute of a 7hr red-eye flight to Quito.
The fact that you got on the plan shows a reluctant faith. If you knew this plan was your death then you would have fought to the death to be placed on the plane.

that is enlightening... try again professor
Unless you were MR.T-ed onto that plane (bound and drugged) you went on faith that you would survive the trip. Even if you held objections to it.

What does now faith is the evidence of things hoped for. The evidence of things not seen mean in English?
Basically it means you trust in the word and experiences of others that it will be delivered (what was promised the H/S) to you as it was to them.

Drich0150

Quote from: Cavebear on July 06, 2017, 04:04:26 AM
You are missing the argument Drich is making.  He is pulling the old argument claiming that if a tornado sweeping through a junkyard can't assemble a something as complex as a 747, how could evolution make a human...

Glob...

No. I am not. I never mentioned a 747 nor do I object to evolution. please see my evolution/creation thread.

Hydra009

Cavebear

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 06, 2017, 09:47:01 AM

Bwahahahahahaha!!!!  *dies laughing*

Yeah, I love it when theists claim science is a faith.  It shows the limitations of their thoughts.  I mostly just give the door-bangers a few facts that challenge their faith but are easily proven.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 06, 2017, 09:47:01 AM

Bwahahahahahaha!!!!  *dies laughing*

It's funny. Every Christian like Drich does the same thing. They want to believe that atheists are the same as theists because that justifies their faith. And in order to do that, they always try to sneak in a change of definition to make two different things equal. Every time this discussion comes up, the theist is trying to make 1+1=5.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--