News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

creation/evolution

Started by Drich0150, June 19, 2017, 04:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 29, 2017, 10:44:29 AM
You know the pharisees said the same thing about Christ himself.

I guess I'm doing something right!

I don't recall anyone calling Jesus prideful, stupidly arrogant, or on the verge of exploding from self-importance in the Bible. I do remember people claiming him to use demons to perform miracles, and accusing him of threatening the holy temple. But people calling him arrogant? Nah, I'm going to have to request a citation on that one mate. Also worth consideration is that another reason why people may calling you an arrogant piece of shit is because you are an arrogant piece of shit.

But I know how your type thinks. The more disliked you are, the more "persecuted" you are, the better. Light doesn't mix with darkness, right? So who needs friends? The more you make people hate you, the more points you earn in Heaven.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

aitm

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 29, 2017, 10:08:05 AM
I answered your earth water thing anyway, and I used 'science to do it!!

You made up an answer completely different from what your gawd said....good job....you self masturbated the babble like all you xians do. Go now..please your self again, or maybe..I don't know...go read the babble for yourself maybe.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mike Cl

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 29, 2017, 10:44:29 AM
You know the pharisees said the same thing about Christ himself.

I guess I'm doing something right!
Absolutely.  Our new christ.  When are you going to get yourself nailed to a cross?????  Can I come and give you some vinegar on a sponge?????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 29, 2017, 07:29:43 PM
But I know how your type thinks. The more disliked you are, the more "persecuted" you are, the better. Light doesn't mix with darkness, right? So who needs friends? The more you make people hate you, the more points you earn in Heaven.
The church invented SMBD. And they have the gall to complain about sexual deviancy.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Drich0150

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 29, 2017, 10:32:09 AM
Here we have it.  Full of pride--and stupidly arrogant; so full of himself and puffed up I'm surprised his head has not exploded already.

Pride of what?

What good is pride if no one will alow you to share it? or no one cares of what you are proud of?

Ever be to a car show with a bone stock 73 vega? Super rare prototype. 1 of 1. who cares. there is a historical curiosity for a moment, but that usually fades quickly... Why people want to see 57 chevys and old mustangs not america's first sub compact.

So then where is this stupidly arrogant pride sourced from? Or is it I will not allow you to shame me for my love in my car? Are you mistaken pride for integrity and honor i have for God, and will not shunn it or walk away because it is not what you want to see. It is not how others react when you try and shame them for bring their unique one off car to your car show.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Mike Cl

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 30, 2017, 10:43:18 AM
Pride of what?

What good is pride if no one will alow you to share it? or no one cares of what you are proud of?

So then where is this stupidly arrogant pride sourced from? Or is it I will not allow you to shame me for my love in my car? Are you mistaken pride for integrity and honor i have for God, and will not shunn it or walk away because it is not what you want to see. It is not how others react when you try and shame them for bring their unique one off car to your car show.
Why do you ask me 'pride of what'?  And do you think pride is a virtue? 

Allow you to share it?  The 'it' I assume is your faith.  Sounds like a personal problem.  One I don't want to hear about or care about or even think is real (your faith is real--what you have faith in is not).

You came here, to an ATHEIST site to pridefully show your rock solid faith.  No atheist, in case you haven't figured it out yet (and since you are so very, very stupidly arrogant) atheists don't have 'faith'.  Personally, I don't have beliefs.  What I think is real, is based on empirical evidence, not belief.  Since I don't have any beliefs, I don't have faith.    I think you are ignorant (and since ignorance can be fixed that's okay) and stupid (which cannot be fixed) to want atheists to show they are down with your faith.  I am not trying to shame you, for you are much to far gone in your fiction to show any shame--you, on the other hand are all about shaming the lost atheist.  That is a stock-in-trade for theist--shame; they love to use it as a club.  Basically, you came here with a message about a fiction you think is real.  I've thought this all through and did not solicit, nor want your stupidity--why would you think I would, except for your pride, arrogant stupidity????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Drich0150

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 29, 2017, 07:29:43 PM
I don't recall anyone calling Jesus prideful, stupidly arrogant, or on the verge of exploding from self-importance in the Bible.
that's because you have studied your bible properly... you probably just read it cover to cover.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=john+8&version=ERV 48- end of the chapter sport.

Jesus infuriated the priests and the self righteous crowd to the point the tried to stone him. which is a little past where I have taken you This is but one of several examples where Christ makes the 'establishment' livid.

QuoteI do remember people claiming him to use demons to perform miracles, and accusing him of threatening the holy temple. But people calling him arrogant?
56 Your father Abraham was very happy that he would see the day when I came. He saw that day and was happy.”

57 The Jews said to Jesus, “What? How can you say you have seen Abraham? You are not even 50 years old!”

58 Jesus answered, “The fact is, before Abraham was born, I Am.” 59 When he said this, they picked up stones to throw at him. But Jesus hid, and then he left the Temple area.

His arrogance placing himself above the authority and place of abraham by claiming "I am" (god) drove the people to stone Him without roman consent of execution. This would have meant crusifiction for the stone-ers. Yet they were so enraged so impassioned by what Christ had the audacity to say, they were going to stone Him on the spot anyway.

If you read the whole chapter the Jewish leadership and a crowd gather to confront Jesus on the authority from which all of the miricals and teaching were coming from. They planned to put it all off on a demon, but Christ took the opportunity to twist the outcome which just inflamed these men beyond reason or self control.

Nah, I'm going to have to request a citation on that one mate. Also worth consideration is that another reason why people may calling you an arrogant piece of shit is because you are an arrogant piece of shit.
30 The Father and I are one.”

31 Again the Jews there picked up stones to kill Jesus. 32 But he said to them, “The many wonderful things you have seen me do are from the Father. Which of these good things are you killing me for?”

33 They answered, “We are not killing you for any good thing you did. But you say things that insult God. You are only a man, but you say you are the same as God! That is why we are trying to kill you!”

So in essence The Jews were trying to kill Jesus a second time because He claimed to be the same as God.. What is the defination of arrogance again?
ar·ro·gant
/ˈerəɡənt/

adjective

1. having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities: "he's arrogant and opinionated"

How much more arrogant can one be than to call himself God? of course unless the man is God...

Which brings us back to me. You call me arrogant because I seem to have all the answers and because I am no longer seeking or guessing at the truth. One understand this condition is a gift of the Holy Spirit. In essence God grants me access to his knoweledge his understanding. It does not belong to me I simply have a heavenly library card...

Your problem is you desperately need to believe there is no God or your whole world shit storms down around you. So If i claim or rather even if I can show I have knowledge of God others over look, or can not observe, in your world view I am the one playing games I am the one who is arrogant.

What if im telling the truth... What if I am just right simply because God grants me access to infinite knowledge... Can you imagine how that would impower someone? the confidence it would give them?? Not that I could begin to process it all, I simply have been invited to share in what I can grasp. but even so... my little share is a far site from what one can grasp after his attempt at Christianity fails.

Arrogant? no, not if what I say is true. remember the defination of arrogant and not just the emotion of the word. So how do you know what I say is true or not? One find God where the bible tells you to look or be ready to open up some old dusty books.

QuoteBut I know how your type thinks. The more disliked you are, the more "persecuted" you are, the better.
Actually no. the more of that I face the long I know my task to be.

Light doesn't mix with darkness, right? So who needs friends? The more you make people hate you, the more points you earn in Heaven.

What makes you think all of you are in darkness? I came from where you stand and even then I was not in darkness. I have said many times, I truly believe some of you will be shocked by which side of the pearly gates you will watch eternity unfold. However there is a vast difference between being a poor man who barely gets into heaven and a rich man who gets to spend time with God.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Drich0150

Quote from: aitm on June 29, 2017, 07:57:11 PM
You made up an answer completely different from what your gawd said....good job....you self masturbated the babble like all you xians do. Go now..please your self again, or maybe..I don't know...go read the babble for yourself maybe.

No i didn't.

I nswered it the same way.

God put wate above the atmosphere/sky which is above the ionosphere which is outside the know reach of our gravatiational shielding which makes one water boil a -80F and the water vapor would have been taken away by solar winds.

All i did was used science to explain to you why that water is still not there like you think it should be. (an ocean above the sky and a ocean below the land.

If you don't like that I also told you hundred of trillions of gallons water cycle through out skys every year. and That too can be considered to be an ocean in the sky.

Why do you lie so much about what I say? are you stupid? is english a second language? or do you really think I don't know what it is i have said? So then why try and lie to me the author of these words about what was said? I know what was said i wrote them, and as such can not be moved into thinking I said or relayed a different message.

Or are you maybe just an alt left type of person where truth is something you create based on feeling?

Blackleaf

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 30, 2017, 12:02:14 PM
that's because you have studied your bible properly... you probably just read it cover to cover.

Probably a typo, but I still agree regardless.

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 30, 2017, 12:02:14 PMhttps://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=john+8&version=ERV 48- end of the chapter sport.

Jesus infuriated the priests and the self righteous crowd to the point the tried to stone him. which is a little past where I have taken you This is but one of several examples where Christ makes the 'establishment' livid.
56 Your father Abraham was very happy that he would see the day when I came. He saw that day and was happy.”

57 The Jews said to Jesus, “What? How can you say you have seen Abraham? You are not even 50 years old!”

58 Jesus answered, “The fact is, before Abraham was born, I Am.” 59 When he said this, they picked up stones to throw at him. But Jesus hid, and then he left the Temple area.

His arrogance placing himself above the authority and place of abraham by claiming "I am" (god) drove the people to stone Him without roman consent of execution. This would have meant crusifiction for the stone-ers. Yet they were so enraged so impassioned by what Christ had the audacity to say, they were going to stone Him on the spot anyway.

If you read the whole chapter the Jewish leadership and a crowd gather to confront Jesus on the authority from which all of the miricals and teaching were coming from. They planned to put it all off on a demon, but Christ took the opportunity to twist the outcome which just inflamed these men beyond reason or self control.
30 The Father and I are one.”

31 Again the Jews there picked up stones to kill Jesus. 32 But he said to them, “The many wonderful things you have seen me do are from the Father. Which of these good things are you killing me for?”

33 They answered, “We are not killing you for any good thing you did. But you say things that insult God. You are only a man, but you say you are the same as God! That is why we are trying to kill you!”

So in essence The Jews were trying to kill Jesus a second time because He claimed to be the same as God.. What is the defination of arrogance again?
ar·ro·gant
/ˈerəɡənt/

adjective

1. having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities: "he's arrogant and opinionated"

How much more arrogant can one be than to call himself God? of course unless the man is God...

Which brings us back to me. You call me arrogant because I seem to have all the answers and because I am no longer seeking or guessing at the truth. One understand this condition is a gift of the Holy Spirit. In essence God grants me access to his knoweledge his understanding. It does not belong to me I simply have a heavenly library card...

Your problem is you desperately need to believe there is no God or your whole world shit storms down around you. So If i claim or rather even if I can show I have knowledge of God others over look, or can not observe, in your world view I am the one playing games I am the one who is arrogant.

What if im telling the truth... What if I am just right simply because God grants me access to infinite knowledge... Can you imagine how that would impower someone? the confidence it would give them?? Not that I could begin to process it all, I simply have been invited to share in what I can grasp. but even so... my little share is a far site from what one can grasp after his attempt at Christianity fails.

Arrogant? no, not if what I say is true. remember the defination of arrogant and not just the emotion of the word. So how do you know what I say is true or not? One find God where the bible tells you to look or be ready to open up some old dusty books.

In none of your examples was Jesus accused of arrogance. He was accused of blasphemy, which is an entirely different thing. You're contorting the scriptures to suit your needs. How typical.

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 30, 2017, 12:02:14 PMActually no. the more of that I face the long I know my task to be.

The long you know your task to be? WTF?

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 30, 2017, 12:02:14 PMWhat makes you think all of you are in darkness? I came from where you stand and even then I was not in darkness. I have said many times, I truly believe some of you will be shocked by which side of the pearly gates you will watch eternity unfold. However there is a vast difference between being a poor man who barely gets into heaven and a rich man who gets to spend time with God.

Changing the topic and dodging again? Okay then. No, you did not come from where I stand. You've got that backwards. My youth pastor used to do the same thing. He called unbelievers "pre-Christians," implying that Christianity was a step up from unbelief. I came from a deeply religious and devout background and escaped into enlightenment. I am a post-Christian. To go back to Christianity would be like a dog returning to its own vomit. I'll have to have a pretty big chunk of my brain dissected before I will be lacking enough in reason to consider going back to that life.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Drich0150

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 30, 2017, 11:38:25 AM
Why do you ask me 'pride of what'?  And do you think pride is a virtue? 
I am asking you what is it you think i am proud of? no-one cares here how badly I beat any of you. i don't talk to people outside of this forum about what goes on here. I have been doing this for a very long time, it's not new and exciting.. so what is there for me to be proud of?

No.. Pride is a sin.

QuoteAllow you to share it?  The 'it' I assume is your faith.  Sounds like a personal problem.  One I don't want to hear about or care about or even think is real (your faith is real--what you have faith in is not).

You came here, to an ATHEIST site to pridefully show your rock solid faith.
Ah, no. I came here to straighten out your B/S theological assumptions and to share the truth with you. I am not a man of faith. I am a man that needs almost daily afirmation from God that i am on the right path, despite what he has done for me in the past. I have belief in God because of what He shares with me. Or in atheist speak of the evidence he has shared with me.
No atheist, in case you haven't figured it out yet (and since you are so very, very stupidly arrogant) atheists don't have 'faith'. 
That is the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time in a forum.
we all have faith dumb ass it's just to a matter of degree of how much we are willing to expend to net a result.

Luckily Christ said we need nothing more than a mustardseed worth to summon the power of the Holy Spirit to move mountains of doubt. If you've ever stepped on an elevator or in a plane or in a car or in anything you have not designed tested and proofed yourself you have at least that mustard seed.

Meaning all you need do is A/S/K
Personally, I don't have beliefs.  What I think is real, is based on empirical evidence, not belief.
then your a fool who does not understand that only 1/3 of the world around him can fit into this catagory, and that 'rationalist views fill in the sum total of the human experience. or you are a fool of faith... faith meaning when other atheist makes comments like this that they are on solid ground. faith that science explains everything and your beliefs are well guarded in your phrasing. The problem with that is your finite ablity to comprehend what science can and can not explain... you just have faith that it is all on par because your cell phone works most of the time and we launch rockets into space... Meanwhile back in the real world God offers you a direct audience on your own personal level and you have the nerve to say it takes too much faith.. here's the thing rincess I know it you know and God knows it... you are just trying to hide your eye away fro God in a place you know He will never stoop down to look for you in... Rather He is waiting for your return.

Since I don't have any beliefs, I don't have faith.    I think you are ignorant (and since ignorance can be fixed that's okay) and stupid (which cannot be fixed) to want atheists to show they are down with your faith.  I am not trying to shame you, for you are much to far gone in your fiction to show any shame--you, on the other hand are all about shaming the lost atheist.  That is a stock-in-trade for theist--shame; they love to use it as a club.  Basically, you came here with a message about a fiction you think is real.  I've thought this all through and did not solicit, nor want your stupidity--why would you think I would, except for your pride, arrogant stupidity????
[/quote]

Drich0150

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 30, 2017, 12:23:59 PM
Probably a typo, but I still agree regardless.

In none of your examples was Jesus accused of arrogance. He was accused of blasphemy, which is an entirely different thing. You're contorting the scriptures to suit your needs. How typical.
The word arrogant does not appear in the koine greek sport, but rather we seek to define the word and show examples of arrogance in such cases. In both cases the pharisees though Christ to be arrogant (as per the definition) because they would not recognize Him as God. If they did his claims and works would not exceed his importance or abilities. there it is right in front of you and you are looking for a loop hole.

This is why I must seem arrogant to you, because again here I am 100% right but you are simply not smart enough to identify what I said to be truth. then when I explain and make you feel stupid for being uninformed in the demand you made, you want to make it my fault rather than accept responsibility for your own intellectual short comings.

QuoteThe long you know your task to be? WTF?
The more venom I get from you the longer I know my task to be. meaning I do not seek hardship from you.
Changing the topic and dodging again? Okay then. No, you did not come from where I stand.
You stand an atheist.. I stood an atheist. therefore metaphorically I came from where you stand.
You've got that backwards. My youth pastor used to do the same thing. He called unbelievers "pre-Christians," implying that Christianity was a step up from unbelief.
No offense to the guy but it does not seem he understands the basics of Christianity... maybe that is why our faith also failed.

QuoteI came from a deeply religious and devout background and escaped into enlightenment
so?

QuoteI am a post-Christian. To go back to Christianity would be like a dog returning to its own vomit.
Or a rebel son spending his inheritance and returning home broke.

I'll have to have a pretty big chunk of my brain dissected before I will be lacking enough in reason to consider going back to that life.
Unless everything were true and you know without a doubt it was all true right?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 30, 2017, 12:49:53 PM
I am asking you what is it you think i am proud of? no-one cares here how badly I beat any of you. i don't talk to people outside of this forum about what goes on here. I have been doing this for a very long time, it's not new and exciting.. so what is there for me to be proud of?

No.. Pride is a sin.
Ah, no. I came here to straighten out your B/S theological assumptions and to share the truth with you. I am not a man of faith. I am a man that needs almost daily afirmation from God that i am on the right path, despite what he has done for me in the past. I have belief in God because of what He shares with me. Or in atheist speak of the evidence he has shared with me.That is the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time in a forum.
we all have faith dumb ass it's just to a matter of degree of how much we are willing to expend to net a result.

Luckily Christ said we need nothing more than a mustardseed worth to summon the power of the Holy Spirit to move mountains of doubt. If you've ever stepped on an elevator or in a plane or in a car or in anything you have not designed tested and proofed yourself you have at least that mustard seed.

Meaning all you need do is A/S/K then your a fool who does not understand that only 1/3 of the world around him can fit into this catagory, and that 'rationalist views fill in the sum total of the human experience. or you are a fool of faith... faith meaning when other atheist makes comments like this that they are on solid ground. faith that science explains everything and your beliefs are well guarded in your phrasing. The problem with that is your finite ablity to comprehend what science can and can not explain... you just have faith that it is all on par because your cell phone works most of the time and we launch rockets into space... Meanwhile back in the real world God offers you a direct audience on your own personal level and you have the nerve to say it takes too much faith.. here's the thing rincess I know it you know and God knows it... you are just trying to hide your eye away fro God in a place you know He will never stoop down to look for you in... Rather He is waiting for your return.

Since I don't have any beliefs, I don't have faith.    I think you are ignorant (and since ignorance can be fixed that's okay) and stupid (which cannot be fixed) to want atheists to show they are down with your faith.  I am not trying to shame you, for you are much to far gone in your fiction to show any shame--you, on the other hand are all about shaming the lost atheist.  That is a stock-in-trade for theist--shame; they love to use it as a club.  Basically, you came here with a message about a fiction you think is real.  I've thought this all through and did not solicit, nor want your stupidity--why would you think I would, except for your pride, arrogant stupidity????
None of my thinking about religion needs to be straightened out.  Religion and people like you, are destroyers and death bringers.  I don't need nor want your beliefs.  I don't need or want you.

Hydra009

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 30, 2017, 07:08:09 PM
None of my thinking about religion needs to be straightened out.  Religion and people like you, are destroyers and death bringers.  I don't need nor want your beliefs.  I don't need or want you.
Not necessarily death.  Just pitifully servile to long outdated social/religious precepts or a wanton exploiter of common people's hopes and fears (of which there are many) in order to amass personal wealth/power (an ironic juxtaposition to the alleged Jesus character).  So, rube, robber baron, and/or zealot.

I'm told it's a livable condition, and individually that's true, but mankind must eventually either do away with such notions or be done away with by them.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 30, 2017, 10:23:29 PM
Not necessarily death.  Just pitifully servile to long outdated social/religious precepts or a wanton exploiter of common people's hopes and fears (of which there are many) in order to amass personal wealth/power (an ironic juxtaposition to the alleged Jesus character).  So, rube, robber baron, and/or zealot.

I'm told it's a livable condition, and individually that's true, but mankind must eventually either do away with such notions or be done away with by them.
the 'death' part refers to the many, many wars that christians started--they gleefully deal death and destruction for their god.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 30, 2017, 10:40:59 PM
the 'death' part refers to the many, many wars that christians started--they gleefully deal death and destruction for their god.

In hoc signo vinces ... "in this sign you will conquer" ... what Constantine was given in a vision of Christ ... as a charm to defeat his opponent holding Rome.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.