News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

creation/evolution

Started by Drich0150, June 19, 2017, 04:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 29, 2017, 03:54:53 AM
Forgive me, but how does expertise in superstition (the bible or any other religious text) mean anything other than that person has learned the best defenses against rational thought and reality?

Baruch spouts articulate superstition, Drich does not.  But is articulate superstition any more real than utterly dumb superstition?

Glad you like it ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Cavebear on June 29, 2017, 03:54:53 AM
Forgive me, but how does expertise in superstition (the bible or any other religious text) mean anything other than that person has learned the best defenses against rational thought and reality?

Baruch spouts articulate superstition, Drich does not.  But is articulate superstition any more real than utterly dumb superstition?

Yes. It is quite different. One comes as a self-proclaimed expert who has yet to read the Bible. The other comes with knowledge. One arrogantly proclaims, "I know the truth! It is true because I said so!" The other doesn't really care if you agree with him or not, nor does he claim absolute knowledge. I can learn stuff from Baruch, not from Drich.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mike Cl

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 28, 2017, 03:12:18 PM
Then ask for a simpler explanation. ask for an example. ASK for something don't assume that it is jibberish if YOU can't make the connection.
Good idea.  I'll ASK for something.  I'll ASK the All Powerful Oz to give you a brain. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Drich0150

Quote from: Baruch on June 28, 2017, 07:27:45 PM
So, we are to blindly follow the folks who claim to be our leaders?  I am not sure that Jesus broke any Jewish laws ... he broke the innovations of the Pharisees however.  Jesus never separated himself from Judaism, he illustrated it better than the Sadducees or the Pharisees ... and they killed him for it.  Of course the Romans couldn't tolerate the Truth either, nobody can.

When He claimed to be the son of God he broke the first command, when He healed a sick man on the sabbath He broke the traditional understand of the sabbath, When He said "stand up your sins are forgiven, to a Jew of that stature would know that only God can forgive sins, and if God crippled this man for sinning then it would take God to release Him. This to the pharrisees was also a trick/example of Jesus breaking the 1st commandment. He allowed his deciples to eat without going through the cermoinial hand washing, which was a very big deal to them..

Then He fashioned a cord into a whip and beat the hell out of the money changers and ran them out of the temple (money changers would have had to been priest as they were handling 'clean animals.')

Granted He did not break the law of God, but He did break the ceremonial and social laws of the Jews. Which schism OT Judaism. You asked why I not a Jew if Jesus was citing Jewish text? It is for the same reason that 2000 years of Christian have separated themselves from Judaism.. Because Christ separated the law of God from the laws of moses and cast them aside. Then provided atonement for the laws of God. Which makes a follower of Christ free from both any moral, ceremonial or civil law.

1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Cavebear

In my experience, when superstitious people ask for something, they don't really notice when they don't get it.  But on the occasional times they do, it measures more highly.  It is kind of like praying for a 6 on a die roll.  It does happen, but not usually.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Drich0150

Quote from: aitm on June 28, 2017, 08:07:30 PM
This fuck is a retard. But feed the idiot if you wish.

Still waiting form my rule 11 citations.

(oh and did you see? did you see?? I answered your earth water thing anyway, and I used 'science to do it!!) Again maybe, just maybe it is like I said. 90% of your bull Sh*T questions go away when you are made to provide a context for a bad quote you have made. and in the event it takes a little more than a contextual reading I want you to take full responsibility by provide BCV when I ultimately answer your question
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Drich0150

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 29, 2017, 08:07:26 AM
Yes. It is quite different. One comes as a self-proclaimed expert who has yet to read the Bible. The other comes with knowledge. One arrogantly proclaims, "I know the truth! It is true because I said so!" The other doesn't really care if you agree with him or not, nor does he claim absolute knowledge. I can learn stuff from Baruch, not from Drich.

What I'm offering is an audience with the almighty... Actually not me but where to go to find God. You want proof? God can send it for days, and have you back before the morning light. I offer nothing more than a testimony in my exposure to God and what gift he has left me with concerning the bible. Anything more I challenge you get from God your self.

I'm not asking for money support nor for your respect. I am here to provide you with God's truth and where to find it.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 29, 2017, 10:12:31 AM
I am here to provide you with God's truth and where to find it.
Here we have it.  Full of pride--and stupidly arrogant; so full of himself and puffed up I'm surprised his head has not exploded already.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Drich0150

Quote from: Cavebear on June 29, 2017, 10:05:42 AM
In my experience, when superstitious people ask for something, they don't really notice when they don't get it.  But on the occasional times they do, it measures more highly.  It is kind of like praying for a 6 on a die roll.  It does happen, but not usually.
everything has a cost. sometimes the cost is far greater than what you'd ask for worth. When you are given such a gift you find yourself weighing the cost of everything, and can even paralize yourself from asking for anything. Some call this contentment. if it is I find myself there more often than not.

Drich0150

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 29, 2017, 10:32:09 AM
Here we have it.  Full of pride--and stupidly arrogant; so full of himself and puffed up I'm surprised his head has not exploded already.

You know the pharisees said the same thing about Christ himself.

I guess I'm doing something right!

Cavebear

God (if there is a god) probably (if there are probabilities for a god) doesn't want you (if there is a you)  to be speaking) if there is godspeech for it (if there is even an it).

I COULD get more obtuse, but I'm straining the farqats through the wingabs as it is!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 29, 2017, 10:03:27 AM
When He claimed to be the son of God he broke the first command, when He healed a sick man on the sabbath He broke the traditional understand of the sabbath, When He said "stand up your sins are forgiven, to a Jew of that stature would know that only God can forgive sins, and if God crippled this man for sinning then it would take God to release Him. This to the pharrisees was also a trick/example of Jesus breaking the 1st commandment. He allowed his deciples to eat without going through the cermoinial hand washing, which was a very big deal to them..

Then He fashioned a cord into a whip and beat the hell out of the money changers and ran them out of the temple (money changers would have had to been priest as they were handling 'clean animals.')

Granted He did not break the law of God, but He did break the ceremonial and social laws of the Jews. Which schism OT Judaism. You asked why I not a Jew if Jesus was citing Jewish text? It is for the same reason that 2000 years of Christian have separated themselves from Judaism.. Because Christ separated the law of God from the laws of moses and cast them aside. Then provided atonement for the laws of God. Which makes a follower of Christ free from both any moral, ceremonial or civil law.

What fictional characters say bothers me not at all.  I regard them just as fictional as other people here.  Where I differ is that I take fiction very seriously.  You really don't know too much about Judaism, other than the polemic the Gentile Christians have used since 135 CE.  Jewish Messianics were experienced in Judaism, and wouldn't make that error or show that prejudice (Paul for example did not).  Jews were not united then nor now (two Jews, three opinions ... so the saying goes).  Paul's expectation of immanent apocalypse wasn't realized .. he was a false messiah .... but one Hell of a rabbi.

BTW - I have the power to forgive some sins.  I frequently do so.  And I am not a Pharisee ... as I mentioned before.  The Pharisees were a lay sect (see rebellion of Korah in Numbers) that rebelled against the Temple priesthood (plus Levites).  When they did this under the Maccabees ... tens of thousands of them were crucified.  An accommodation was reached between the Pharisees and Sadducees (the Temple priesthood plus Levites) under Roman domination from 63 BCE onward.  The Romans (under Pompey Magnus) intervened because of a succession dispute in the Maccabee family.  Some would say that this is why Pompey Magnus came to a bad end in Egypt in 48 BCE.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Drich0150

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 29, 2017, 08:07:26 AM
Yes. It is quite different. One comes as a self-proclaimed expert who has yet to read the Bible.
that's a outright lie.

QuoteThe other comes with knowledge. One arrogantly proclaims, "I know the truth! It is true because I said so!" The other doesn't really care if you agree with him or not, nor does he claim absolute knowledge.
I claim the knowledge God has given me to silence your teacher. i claim the knowledge to answer every question you put up and failed to refute. and I can vet or provide reference mater to my claims.. So yeah I know the truth as well.

I can learn stuff from Baruch, not from Drich.
We from our last exchange I hope you 'learned' how flawed you teacher was. I hope you learned I can back up my exegesis of scripture with proper reference material. and i hope you realize that at best your 'teacher' is confused about the majority of the facts he chose to share today at worst is lying to drag you further away from God.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 29, 2017, 10:32:09 AM
Like that guy in Big Trouble in Little China? Now that fellow was puffed up!

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 29, 2017, 10:44:29 AM
You know the pharisees said the same thing about Christ himself.

I guess I'm doing something right!
Galileo Messiah Gambit?

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then in a surprisingly high number of cases it turns out you're still wrong.