News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

creation/evolution

Started by Drich0150, June 19, 2017, 04:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

Quote from: aitm on June 27, 2017, 05:24:10 PM
fencerider said:You been talking about Genesis 1 and 2 all this time and never noticed the sky above the stars is supposed to be water?

Mophead replied: book chapter and verse please.

LOL.. I mean...jesus ,joseph and mary, you give the guy the book and chapter and he asks you to point it out to him....what a twit.
As I pointed out from the evidence at hand: ignorant and unpleasant.  And now I suppose I have to add lazy, on the basis of this evidence.  I mean, Genesis 1 and 2 isn't that much to read.  It's barely the length of a short story.

Alternately it's a matter of him being immobilized with terror, unwilling to face the fact that a) the heathens have read his magic book and b) they know it better than he does.

Either way it doesn't speak well of him.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 26, 2017, 10:15:21 AMOnce you understand what i have said in the OP Everything science will ever have to say about creation will neatly fit inside the creation account found in genesis.
Everything that will ever be discovered will fit the genesis account?  This is practically a textbook example of closed-mindedness.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 27, 2017, 11:25:16 PM
Everything that will ever be discovered will fit the genesis account?  This is practically a textbook example of closed-mindedness.
Or plain old trolling.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Drich0150

Quote from: trdsf on June 27, 2017, 07:42:25 PM
As I pointed out from the evidence at hand: ignorant and unpleasant.  And now I suppose I have to add lazy, on the basis of this evidence.  I mean, Genesis 1 and 2 isn't that much to read.  It's barely the length of a short story.

Alternately it's a matter of him being immobilized with terror, unwilling to face the fact that a) the heathens have read his magic book and b) they know it better than he does.

Either way it doesn't speak well of him.

~or I simply like beating the hell out of the heathens with their interpretation of "water in the sky" and need them to commit fully before I start with the teeth kicking in ceremony. then shame them for not doing at least a google search before they committed to a atheist standby commentary blindly.

I can be as nice or as mean as you like. my responses are pending on your approach.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 28, 2017, 09:17:19 AM
~or I simply like beating the hell out of the heathens with their interpretation of "water in the sky" and need them to commit fully before I start with the teeth kicking in ceremony. 
Cool, when ya gonna start?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Drich0150

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on June 27, 2017, 04:21:57 PM
And you're incoherent as usual. Why are you wasting pixels?

Glob... Avatars you unobservant moron!!!

Your avatar is calvin is it not? Know it or not he has a side kick hobbs (imaginary tiger) tiger... now who has an tiger avatar? oh that's right fence rider... So again moron if I had anything to say to you I would have directed my message to you referencing hobbs not tigger. because again of your avatar and the member who's avatar is a real tiger.

go back and reread everything from fence rider's first quote to me to this one and you might...might get it. if you don't I'm ok with that as well as i've learn a long time ago people like you who generally just snipe commentary (add one liners to the subject matter) typically are not guys you can have a deep contextual conversation with anyways.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Drich0150

Quote from: aitm on June 27, 2017, 05:19:15 PM
IF you actually knew that babble as well as we did, you wouldn't need the atheist to tell you, mophead. Read the babble it's all there. Or maybe....just google it...or do you need instruction for that as well?

I am not asking anyone to do any more than YOUR RULES demand. I am simply calling you all to stand behind rule 11 when you write.

Me asking for BCV eliminated 75 to 80 of the bull shit quotes you a-holes strawman together from popular commentary. once you are made to start looking up crap you've always automatically believed on pure faith, you yourselves start to note that 80% of the crap you believe is simply made up. which again eliminates most of the crap you all have to say.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 28, 2017, 09:17:19 AM

I can be as nice or as mean as you like. my responses are pending on your approach.
Typical.  Tout that you are following the commandments of jesus--yet at every opportunity it's I'll judge the fuck out of you, call you any demeaning names as I can think of; no turning the other cheek for me.  What that simply demonstrates is that you follow whatever you want and jesus and his commandments really mean little or nothing to you.  With every post you demonstrate that you think jesus is a fiction too.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Drich0150

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 28, 2017, 09:38:42 AM
Typical.  Tout that you are following the commandments of jesus--yet at every opportunity it's I'll judge the fuck out of you, call you any demeaning names as I can think of; no turning the other cheek for me.  What that simply demonstrates is that you follow whatever you want and jesus and his commandments really mean little or nothing to you.  With every post you demonstrate that you think jesus is a fiction too.
On the contary...

When Jesus spoke to the pharisees, and they were combative was he all turn the other cheek? when the disciples strongly disagreed or default to their prejudices? did Jesus shrink away? when the money changers went to far did he fraily ask them to leave??

Now what happened when the pharisees/Nicodemus approached Christ with respect did Christ blast Him for being a fool or blind guide? when the disciples came to him humble did he call them names or reprimand them for being without basic understanding? When those who wrong Jesus did so and sought forgiveness what did Jesus do?

Your one sided idea or version of Jesus is why yur faith failed to begin with. how foolish are you to think you can control or try and manipulate me with your failed theology. You are a fool and or a blind guide if you think you can wwjd me into doing what you think is right. Again your failed version of God failed you on all counts, so then why assume I am worshiping the meek only jesus you know?

aitm

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 28, 2017, 09:32:30 AM
whiny drivel...

Simply put, you are a liar. You do not know the babble at all. All you is make up new interpretations of established text. The babble means exactly what it says, not what you "think" it says. This is why religion is slowly dying. Your god is a piece of shit and so are many of "its" followers.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Blackleaf

Genesis 1:1-2 - "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters."

There's no mention of God creating the waters, yet he's already floating over it.

1:6-8 - "And God said, 'Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.' So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so. God called the vault 'sky.' And there was evening, and there was morningâ€"the second day."

The sky is water. Why not? It's blue. Rain comes from it. Makes sense.

1:9-10 - "And God said, 'Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.' And it was so. God called the dry ground 'land,' and the gathered waters he called 'seas.' And God saw that it was good."

So God took the waters that were already there, moved some of it up, made room for land on the bottom, and basically made a water and earth sandwich out of it. Don't worry. I'm sure science agrees with this plagiarized Pagan story.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Drich0150

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 28, 2017, 10:07:14 AM
Genesis 1:1-2 - "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters."

There's no mention of God creating the waters, yet he's already floating over it.
then maybe this is not a story of the creation of the universe, but of the creation of the heavens and earth just like Genesis 1 says..

Quote1:6-8 - "And God said, 'Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.' So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so. God called the vault 'sky.' And there was evening, and there was morningâ€"the second day."

The sky is water. Why not? It's blue. Rain comes from it. Makes sense.
Bwahahaha.. Seriously? I'm sorry all of this mess because you are reading from gramatical text you are not familiar with? let's try the easy to read version.
6 Then God said, “Let there be a space[c] to separate the water into two parts!” 7 So God made the space and separated the water. Some of the water was above it, and some of the water was below it. 8 God named that space “sky.” There was evening, and then there was morning. This was the second day...

So what water is their is the sky? or are you say almighty 'science' says there is absolutly no h2o in the air???

Quote1:9-10 - "And God said, 'Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.' And it was so. God called the dry ground 'land,' and the gathered waters he called 'seas.' And God saw that it was good."
here clerly shows that the water that covered everything was suspended, otherwise if liquid would it not automatically gather to one place? so then why assume the water above the 'sky' was liquid when the water on land was not?

So God took the waters that were already there, moved some of it up, made room for land on the bottom, and basically made a water and earth sandwich out of it. Don't worry. I'm sure science agrees with this plagiarized Pagan story.
So no.. what I read was God reduced the earths mass by culling off some water to space. what remains is still in atmosphere.

Think about it (i know it's hard for some of you to do so with out the aid of some greater atheist telling what to think, but if you think about it. God started off with a water (in one of three states) planet only culled off a good portion then solidifies the water planetside. some of it remains as vapor which may seem trivial but think about rain fall totals globally... that is hundreds of trillions of tons of water that simply falls from the sky...

So tell me how genesis account of day 2 is in error

Mike Cl

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 28, 2017, 09:54:32 AM
On the contary...

When Jesus spoke to the pharisees, and they were combative was he all turn the other cheek? when the disciples strongly disagreed or default to their prejudices? did Jesus shrink away? when the money changers went to far did he fraily ask them to leave??

Now what happened when the pharisees/Nicodemus approached Christ with respect did Christ blast Him for being a fool or blind guide? when the disciples came to him humble did he call them names or reprimand them for being without basic understanding? When those who wrong Jesus did so and sought forgiveness what did Jesus do?

Your one sided idea or version of Jesus is why yur faith failed to begin with. how foolish are you to think you can control or try and manipulate me with your failed theology. You are a fool and or a blind guide if you think you can wwjd me into doing what you think is right. Again your failed version of God failed you on all counts, so then why assume I am worshiping the meek only jesus you know?

And this typical zian post underscores what all theists do--cherry pick.  The babble was quite cleverly assembled from a huge pile of writings to allow the leaders to pick and chose on every subject no matter which way they want to go.  Your fictional jesus can go to war--condemn war; be violent or not; beat plow shares into swords or sell for shirts.  Anything you want your Bugs Bunny to do he can do. 

you taut reading the bible for a single subject matter, which is the way the leaders of all ages want you to do.  If one reads it from start to finish, it is quite obvious that it can be made to say whatever that particular leader wants it to say.  It is ALL about power and money--nothing else.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Blackleaf

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 28, 2017, 10:39:03 AMthen maybe this is not a story of the creation of the universe, but of the creation of the heavens and earth just like Genesis 1 says..

"The Heavens and the earth" = everything, you dumbass. We even see God create ALL OF THE STARS in day four. This story is clearly not limited to just the Earth and its sky. The writers of this story literally thought that we were the center of the universe.

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 28, 2017, 10:39:03 AMBwahahaha.. Seriously? I'm sorry all of this mess because you are reading from gramatical text you are not familiar with? let's try the easy to read version.
6 Then God said, “Let there be a space[c] to separate the water into two parts!” 7 So God made the space and separated the water. Some of the water was above it, and some of the water was below it. 8 God named that space “sky.” There was evening, and then there was morning. This was the second day...

So what water is their is the sky? or are you say almighty 'science' says there is absolutly no h2o in the air???

Once again, you say something incredibly stupid and act like I'm being ridiculous. Okay, dumbass. Let's take this slow so you can understand it, okay? Actually, I doubt that, but let's try anyway. Does the Bible say that God took a little bit of water and put it in the atmosphere? No. It says God created "vaults" in the sky, to keep the water that made the sky in the sky. It's not saying that there is water in the sky, it says that water is the sky. Understand now, or would I have better luck explaining this to an infant?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Drich0150

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 28, 2017, 10:44:15 AM
And this typical zian post underscores what all theists do--cherry pick.  The babble was quite cleverly assembled from a huge pile of writings to allow the leaders to pick and chose on every subject no matter which way they want to go.  Your fictional jesus can go to war--condemn war; be violent or not; beat plow shares into swords or sell for shirts.  Anything you want your Bugs Bunny to do he can do. 

you taut reading the bible for a single subject matter, which is the way the leaders of all ages want you to do.  If one reads it from start to finish, it is quite obvious that it can be made to say whatever that particular leader wants it to say.  It is ALL about power and money--nothing else.

You are right to a degree, but why is that you think?

It's because in Christianity our covenant is not tied to the law UNLESS you can't understand the freedom from the law you have been given. Christ freed us from the laws of 'morality' when he completed the law. this means we can tie ourselves down to the letter of the law or we can live free from it in so far as to not hurt our brothers who tie themselves to the law.