Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

creation/evolution

Started by Drich0150, June 19, 2017, 04:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 26, 2017, 04:30:26 PM
book chapter verse pleaja

that's what I thought... we know the babble better than you do. Read up boy, you just flunked.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on June 26, 2017, 03:14:52 PM
Some people think we were made from dirt so that they don't have to act any smarter than a how wallow.

For Muslims, "adam" means clot of blood ... which is more original I think than the clod of earth version.  For the Greeks, Prometheus made the first man from clay ... as did the S Egyptian god Khnum.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

fencerider

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 26, 2017, 04:46:03 PM
Job 1:6, 2:1 38:37.. The bible clearly states the sun of God are angels sport good or bad.
Ha! and you say there are no contradictions in the Bible. Hebrews 1:5 says that god never called an angel his son

You been talking about Genesis 1 and 2 all this time and never noticed the sky above the stars is supposed to be water?

Since you like to pick so much, I will submit to you according to the rules of English grammar the KJV says that the sons of god sleeping with earth women happened concurrently with the existence of giants. It does not say that is the cause of giants. Yes those giants were drowned in the flood, but what about the giants after the flood?

I don't have space for a big book shelf but I have 150-200 books on various subjects and I read all of them. I've also read many more books from the library. ( just to play devil's advocate the first book called Enoch and the book of Jabed? both say the watchers did it. They had giant babies before and after the flood)
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Drich0150

Quote from: aitm on June 26, 2017, 05:43:19 PM
that's what I thought... we know the babble better than you do. Read up boy, you just flunked.

Or you don't, and you are making crap up as you go.

I am asking for proof of your statement. if you can not provide a quotation or citation when representing any written work you are in violation of rule 11.

Soooo book chapter and verse please
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 27, 2017, 08:36:07 AM
Or you don't, and you are making crap up as you go.
And you're Patient Zero.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Drich0150

Quote from: fencerider on June 27, 2017, 01:49:02 AM
Ha! and you say there are no contradictions in the Bible. Hebrews 1:5 says that god never called an angel his son
you know if the bible were writting in english you'd almost have a point, as it is you fail on just three points.
1 in the book of Job God is not calling angels his sons.
2 The sons of God's is simply the hebrew term for any celestial being inservice to God the word used in Hebrew is " ben " and it literally means angel as it relates to God.
3 the word Son in Hebrews 1 is the word huios which means of those in whom God has a covenant with.

So Job is right, and so too is the book of hebrews and no contradiction exists, because God did not call the people in Job 'sons' the writer of job did, and in Hebrews God has no covenant with the angels.

QuoteYou been talking about Genesis 1 and 2 all this time and never noticed the sky above the stars is supposed to be water?
book chapter and verse please.

QuoteSince you like to pick so much, I will submit to you according to the rules of English grammar the KJV says that the sons of god sleeping with earth women happened concurrently with the existence of giants. It does not say that is the cause of giants. Yes those giants were drowned in the flood, but what about the giants after the flood?
If you look at the Hebrew it says:
The original giants were nephilim a class of giant warrior angels/demons. (if you are jewish or catholic)
Then if you keep reading to verse 4 it says the off spring of the sons of God and the daughters of men were men of "mighty men of old." the word for old in the hebrew here mean immortal men. The Hebrew translation of mighty men also describes giants. So the hybrids were immortal giants. I like to think this is where Greeks get their stories and gods.
https://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/gen/6/1/t_conc_6004

I don't have space for a big book shelf but I have 150-200 books on various subjects and I read all of them. I've also read many more books from the library. ( just to play devil's advocate the first book called Enoch and the book of Jabed? both say the watchers did it. They had giant babies before and after the flood)

So? Again as I learned and shared the Nephilim were/are giants and so too where the off spring.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Mike Cl

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 27, 2017, 09:10:51 AM

So? Again as I learned and shared the Nephilim were/are giants and so too where the off spring.
Yes, as we all know, Donald Duck had three sons.  And they are off fighting the Beagle Boys gang.  And they are based in New York.  That is just common knowledge much as the Nephilim as giants are real. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 27, 2017, 10:50:20 AM
Yes, as we all know, Donald Duck had three sons.  And they are off fighting the Beagle Boys gang.  And they are based in New York.  That is just common knowledge much as the Nephilim as giants are real. 
Hewey, Dewey and Louie were Donald's nephews. People yelled at me for calling them illegitimate, and Daisy stopped giving me quack jobs.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Drich0150

look sport, tigger asked a question that was his answer. If you don't like those questions and or cant follow the reference material then maybe you should ask questions geared more to your level of understanding... Know, that not everything I say is meant for your consumption/I expect nor always want a response from you.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 27, 2017, 12:33:57 PM
look sport, tigger asked a question that was his answer. If you don't like those questions and or cant follow the reference material then maybe you should ask questions geared more to your level of understanding... Know, that not everything I say is meant for your consumption/I expect nor always want a response from you.
I just like pissing on you.
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on June 27, 2017, 12:32:55 PM
Hewey, Dewey and Louie were Donald's nephews. People yelled at me for calling them illegitimate, and Daisy stopped giving me quack jobs.
That's right--nephews. But they are still chasing those nasty Beagle Boys.  If you don't believe me, go look them up in Gotham City.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Drich0150

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on June 27, 2017, 12:54:42 PM
I just like pissing on you.

If I were speaking to you I would have said hobbs was asking a question not tigger.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 27, 2017, 04:17:58 PM
If I were speaking to you I would have said hobbs was asking a question not tigger.
And you're incoherent as usual. Why are you wasting pixels?
PZ Myers

aitm

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 27, 2017, 08:36:07 AM

I am asking for proof of your statement.

IF you actually knew that babble as well as we did, you wouldn't need the atheist to tell you, mophead. Read the babble it's all there. Or maybe....just google it...or do you need instruction for that as well?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

aitm

fencerider said:You been talking about Genesis 1 and 2 all this time and never noticed the sky above the stars is supposed to be water?

Mophead replied: book chapter and verse please.

LOL.. I mean...jesus ,joseph and mary, you give the guy the book and chapter and he asks you to point it out to him....what a twit.