Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

creation/evolution

Started by Drich0150, June 19, 2017, 04:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drich0150

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 23, 2017, 02:27:21 PM
What Adam and Eve.  The first chapter of genesis tells us:
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

I don't see an Adam or Eve there.  And who is this 'them'???
AGAIN!

Chapter one is evolved man outside of the garden.

Chapter two speaks of adam and eve created on day 4 and placed in the garden...

Why is this so difficult?

Chapter 1 tell of the sevn day creation (upto gen 2:3)

Then Gen 2:4 forward talks about just what happened on day three which besides what is mentioned in chapter one The garden is created and everything in it. which means Adam and Eve which were Day three (God breathed a living soul into them) verse day 6 made in the image of God humans.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Drich0150

Quote from: Jason78 on June 23, 2017, 02:50:05 PM
No.  It isn't.

You don't even understand what it is you're trying to smoosh together from either a theological point of view or a scientific one.   The scientific concepts that you're trying to use have an actual basis in fact and reality.  And they directly contradict what is said in Genesis no matter how you try and interpret it.
That's not true...

Once you understand what i have said in the OP Everything science will ever have to say about creation will neatly fit inside the creation account found in genesis.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Drich0150

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 23, 2017, 05:28:17 PM
Holy crap dude, can't you read?  You believe you come up with any old interpretation you want.  And I guess you can.  But it makes no sense.  But then, your precious bible makes no sense, either.  Your interpretations are as vapid and stupid as your god and your book.  You call this stupid, empty shit 'understanding'.  Yeah, I understand you are crazier than the fucking proverbial loon.  But you are a theist, so that fits. 

Yeah, I've read the bible from cover to cover.
goes to show what you know, but I'll allow it for the sake of discussion.

QuoteAnd in the first and second chapters of the very beginning of this fiction, it makes it clear this is a fiction that is at war with itself.
the only thing made clear is you rely heavily if not completely upon commentary for your biblical discernment.

The first and second chapters could never be more clear. Chapter one is a telling of the 7 days of creation

Chapter 2
Quote:4 This is the story about the creation of the sky and the earth. This is what happened when the Lord God made the earth and the sky.
So that would be according to gen 1 DAY 3!

Quote5 This was before there were plants on the earth. Nothing was growing in the fields because the Lord God had not yet made it rain on the earth, and there was no one to care for the plants.
so the first part of day three right after God seperated land from water but before there was plants...

That means EVERYTHING in Gene 2 happened on day three starting at the point where God made dry land but before plants were called fourth, and places it all in the garden. Which shows the Garden is seperate from the rest of the 7 day creation.

Now Ask a frigging question if you do not understand all of that.
You can prove just about anything you want--and you prove that--simply by making the words say what you want them to say.
Actually I can and I did through providing context and context found in every version of Genesis 2. Remember if we are having an avengers dicussion then it is from the marvel universe we must source 'proof' You can't just willy nilly float back and fourth when ever you start to loose footing in your discussion.

QuoteClearly, Chpt. 1 is about 'them' (the gods I guess) creating humans (clearly men and women were created at the same time and equal) and 'them' pronounced it good.  Chpt 2 is about the creation of man--adam--who was lonely (funny how god could not figure that out in advance) and so god created eve from adam's rib (why he would need a rib when he did not need one with adam is puzzling) and then the garden.  Two totally different creation myths.

Nope. one creation story found in Gen 1-Gen2:3 in that block of scripture you find your 7 days of creation. from 2:4 forward you have the garden account that all happened on day 3.

QuoteNeither of which makes much sense and there is not way to make them fit as a single unit or myth; except in the muddled mind of theists like you.
that is because you are trying to filter what it is I am saying through the B/S commentaries you think have the best shot at being true. The problem? your 'theologiests" in real life who compile such commentaries are little more than disenfranchised seminary want-to-bes. The are so wrong because they do not look at the context to resolve what they do not understand they cast off common sense and look for anyother reason to 'explain' why they don't understand something. like the SAB's "two creation account explaination. when all you gotta do is read what is on page and it tells you itself that All of chapter two from 2:4 forward happens on just day three and is contained only in the Garden. It is not another creation account.

But I have to hand it to you--your interpretation is unique; and very stupid--which is not unique for theists.  God you are stupid--but you seem to be enjoying it so have at it.
so what happens when you finally figure out that it is not I who is in error but your commentators???

Lets do this another way what does Genesis 4-5 mean?
4 This is the story about the creation of the sky and the earth. This is what happened when the Lord God made the earth and the sky. 5 This was before there were plants on the earth. Nothing was growing in the fields because the Lord God had not yet made it rain on the earth, and there was no one to care for the plants...

These two verses are key to understanding the whole and energetically correct meaning of Genesis chapter 2 here's a hint I've spelled it out like a dozen times already

Mike Cl

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 26, 2017, 10:13:38 AM
AGAIN!

Chapter one is evolved man outside of the garden.

Chapter two speaks of adam and eve created on day 4 and placed in the garden...

Why is this so difficult?

Chapter 1 tell of the sevn day creation (upto gen 2:3)

Then Gen 2:4 forward talks about just what happened on day three which besides what is mentioned in chapter one The garden is created and everything in it. which means Adam and Eve which were Day three (God breathed a living soul into them) verse day 6 made in the image of God humans.

AGAIN!!  Why is this so difficult?  Because your beliefs are unique to you.  And those unique beliefs go against what is actually written.  Because your beliefs follow no logic.  But, then the bible is fiction and your god is fiction, so I guess you can come up with any old belief and it will not be any more stupid, banal or idiotic than any other belief based upon fiction.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Drich0150

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 26, 2017, 11:42:12 AM
AGAIN!!  Why is this so difficult?  Because your beliefs are unique to you.  And those unique beliefs go against what is actually written.  Because your beliefs follow no logic.  But, then the bible is fiction and your god is fiction, so I guess you can come up with any old belief and it will not be any more stupid, banal or idiotic than any other belief based upon fiction.

Seriously??? are you so hung up on your commentaries you can not read what is on page and think for your self? what is it? it is too obvious? does my reading make your trusted sources look too dumb? Can it be as simple as taking the words on page at face value? why didn't your 'smarties" catch any of this?

Because God hides himself from the foolishness of man's "higher learning" Again read what is on page, the fact that day seven has been made to be apart of Genesis 2 makes you see that even the guys denoting book chapter and verse got this one wrong. They were making the narrative of the passage fit the popular reading of the day rather than follow the chronological events written on page.

Genesis 1:1- Genesis 2:3 describes chronologically from day one to day seven how God built the "heavens and the Earth." Do you disagree with this?

then 2:4 should technically be Genesis 2:1. It's not because it does not support the traditional reading of Genesis 2. If genesis 2 started out:
This is the story about the creation of the sky and the earth. This is what happened when the Lord God made the earth and the sky. (earth and sky was day 2)  This was before there were plants on the earth. (plants was day 3)  Nothing was growing in the fields because the Lord God had not yet made it rain on the earth, and there was no one to care for the plants. (So this means the following takes places after earth and sky/day 2 and even sea and ground/day3 but before the rain day three between verse 10 and 11)

That means everything after gen 2:5 happened in the time frame gen 2:4-5 describes. which if you read what is on page you will note this/gen2 is a garden only narrative that happens apart from the outside world. That means both adam and eve were created on the 3rd day and not the 6th, which puts an end to the bad commentative idea that (genesis 1 and 2 are at war with each other.) a simple contextual reading is all anyone ever needed to put that myth to bed.

Riddle me this sport... if your hero's are so wrong about how genesis 1 and 2 are compiled then what chance in hell do they have anything else right? What about the important stuff?

Not too bad for a 'waking dream huh?' it smashes all sorts of genesis paradoxes without even setting out to do so. it's like all of these paradoxes fall once a contextual reading replaces the old 'church's traditional reading.

aitm

the babble tells us the sky is water and that 2/3rds of all the stars have fallen to the earth.  Psst...genius....shit ain't true. Get a grip and read a real book.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

fencerider

its a real book... just a choose your own adventure mystery book.

-the sons of god saw the creation of the world, the sons of god got turned on by earth women, the sons of god are not angels... never says who they are
-tells us there were giants before and after the flood doesnt tell us where they came from either
-tells us Adam and Eve walked with god in the garden and the Jesus says no man has ever seen god

I dont really like choose your own adventure that much. I'd prefer the cut and dried approach of a real book like Harry Potter
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Gawdzilla Sama

Some people think we were made from dirt so that they don't have to act any smarter than a how wallow.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

Right, and being made from dirt is much better than being made from apes...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Drich0150

Quote from: aitm on June 26, 2017, 01:56:05 PM
the babble tells us the sky is water and that 2/3rds of all the stars have fallen to the earth.  Psst...genius....shit ain't true. Get a grip and read a real book.

book chapter verse pleaja

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Drich0150

Quote from: fencerider on June 26, 2017, 02:27:11 PM
its a real book... just a choose your own adventure mystery book.

-the sons of god saw the creation of the world,
[angels]
the sons of god got turned on by earth women, the sons of god are not angels...
[ yes, angels]
Quotenever says who they are
Job 1:6, 2:1 38:37.. The bible clearly states the sun of God are angels sport good or bad.

Quote-tells us there were giants before
they were the off spring/babies of the demons and women.

Quoteand after the flood
cause they died in the water. that is what the flood was about to cleans the earth of those things.

Quotedoesnt tell us where they came from either
no, it kinda does

Quote-tells us Adam and Eve walked with god in the garden and the Jesus says no man has ever seen god
book chapter and verse please

I dont really like choose your own adventure that much. I'd prefer the cut and dried approach of a real book like Harry Potter
Doesn't seem you much of a reader anyway.

Drich0150

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 26, 2017, 03:40:28 PM
Right, and being made from dirt is much better than being made from apes...

oh you mean carbon.. in your world 'apes' aren't made of carbon?

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 26, 2017, 04:48:28 PM
oh you mean carbon.. in your world 'apes' aren't made of carbon?
How the fuck did you get "carbon" from "dirt". Are you proud of being a lying sack of shit?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers