News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

creation/evolution

Started by Drich0150, June 19, 2017, 04:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Notices Bible story overrelies on God magic and conflicts with science. Makes up story in attempt to reconcile the story with science. When confronted with science that conflicts with made up story, explains it with God magic. Dude, you're back to square one, and you're too thick to even realize it.

I mean, seriously. Did you really think that adding a few million years to the story to allow for evolution to happen would somehow fix everything? Did you really think that evolution was the only problem with the Biblical creation myth? It's not. The Bible is in contradiction with virtually every branch of science, from medicine to psychology. Evolution isn't even the main problem atheists have with the Bible. It's Christians who make it so important, even going so far as to give those who know evolution is true a cute name: "Evolutionists." If the best you've got is this God of the gaps and God magic nonsense, you're wasting your time.

We've had a lot of dense people here in the past, but you're the first I've encountered who actually claimed to have divine revelation, allowing you to rewrite scriptures. Your head is so high up in the clouds, you make all the other idiots seem grounded and totally rational in comparison. Part of me still thinks this has to be a joke. You just have to be a troll. But I've had enough experience in church to know that, unfortunately, you're probably completely serious.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Drich0150

Quote from: fencerider on June 20, 2017, 01:58:14 AM
Drich if you go around telling people that god told you about creation in a dream, people are gonna think you're crazy. Can you discern the difference between a good argument and getting people to turn you off?
Well one I simply said this came to me in a waking dream, which basically meant in a day dream. That said this little truth that came to me has deep and profound potential meaning, in that because there is no time line between creation and the fall. all of evolution can fit in that void of creation.

That said, so what if God gave me this waking dream??? This/stuff like this builds on the 'proof' you all claim to want to see. What I am telling you guys is God is alive and very active with His believers! Answering my prayer with a waking dream is just but one of the ways God communicates.

Think about it this 'mountain' of a problem for creationists, that has plagues us for generations is cast into the sea, by a simple day dream. Where else could a day dream like this come from, and or why hasn't it come before?

QuoteI found a white supremacist on yutube and watched a few of his videos. Maybe y'all should go check it out at truthfromgod.com. This guy says that ADAM mean ruddy; showing blood in the skin, and the only race that can show blood in the skin is white people. So earth has these ape-people from evolution and white people that were created 6,000 years ago. god only cared about his own children (white people) and the promises of the Bible only apply to them. Jesus was a white boy. The people who claim to be Jews now are imposters. Maybe what Drich says will make more sense after you watch a few of Dewey's videos ;-)
Do you not see a difference between 'my vision' and this white supremesist? I changed nothing in the evolutionary account nor have I changed anything written in the bible. All I ask anyne to do is remove the artifical time line placed between the end of creation (the 7th day) and the Fall of man (most poeple assume that happened on day 8 or 9.) I say why not have it happen 18 billion years ago? nothing in the scripture keeps that from happening, matter of fact the oppsite is true in that the elements are specifically mention in the garden to allow adam to have lived that long.

QuoteI have to say that the ideology of Dewey Tucker and Drich could turn religion on its head. Neither offers an explanation of how there could be both men that are evolved and men that are created on earth. Uhh basic question - how does species ape-man have kids with species god-man? Even if they get juiced up lookin at each other. Shouldn't there be no kids or sterile kids?
lets start over real simple. gen 2 is the garden account. meaning everything in gen 2 happens on day 3. In gen 2 God creates the first man adam and breaths a soul into him. from adam produces eve. So adam and the garden are complete repersentations of what the world looked like 6000 or so years ago. (because He knew when the fall of man would take place) So then Adam in his original form would genetically represent the progress of naturally evolved homo sapeian. So geneticall Adam and man made on the 6th day as per genesis 1 are genetically identical. however the bible never says God breathed a soul into day 6 man. or evolved man.

So again adam and the garden were made on day 3 according to genesis 2 and it was completed before the rest of the world. The garden was a future repsentation of what the evolved world would look like about 6000 years ago 9which is how long man with a soul has been outside the garden.

On the other hand if we are really on a planet with ape-men and god-men together I guess god cares about some of us and some of us are just f'cked.
Hence the floods, where only men with souls moved on.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Drich0150

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 20, 2017, 05:40:12 PM
How could Adam have lived 930 years, after God told him that he'd die "in the day" that he ate the forbidden fruit? Apparently, God lied.

Read the OP

He did die that day. He adam was an immortal and God striped him of that life and gave him a new life where he could be hurt and injured and the earth would work against him and he would have to struggle to put food on the table. After being an immortal and walking hand in hand with God, Adam's 930 as a human was like a prison sentence.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Drich0150

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 20, 2017, 06:07:16 PM
God is a liar. It was the serpent who told Adam and Eve that when they eat of the fruit, they will become like God, understanding the difference between good and evil. Despite having created the tree for some reason, God did not want Adam and Eve to understand good and evil, and made no mention that eating the fruit would grant them that kind of understanding.

Because once you become aware of sin you are now responsible for it. It wasn't that Adam and eve were sin free. God simply did not hold them accountible to anything sinful or that could be considered sinful because they knew nothing of sin. When they became aware of it they were expected to keep God's commands concerning sin.

Drich0150

Quote from: Jason78 on June 21, 2017, 05:40:59 PM
Gamma rays kill plants.   And pretty much anything else.  (Alpha and beta radiation isn't even light.)

Light is just one aspect of the electromagnetic force which is just one of the four fundamental forces we know about.
Your not really good at concepts huh??

Drich0150

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 21, 2017, 07:57:05 PM
Notices Bible story overrelies on God magic and conflicts with science. Makes up story in attempt to reconcile the story with science. When confronted with science that conflicts with made up story, explains it with God magic. Dude, you're back to square one, and you're too thick to even realize it.
apples and oranges sport. the bible is not a text book, never meant to be . the bible at best is a map to find God. if you follow the map you will find God.

QuoteI mean, seriously. Did you really think that adding a few million years to the story to allow for evolution to happen would somehow fix everything?
For those who need to believe in both it absolutely does fix enough for belief/faith to follow the road map.

QuoteDid you really think that evolution was the only problem with the Biblical creation myth?
Evolution is simply the first which catches probably 40% of people/kids going to school.

QuoteIt's not. The Bible is in contradiction with virtually every branch of science, from medicine to psychology.
None of which concerns the majority of the people.

QuoteEvolution isn't even the main problem atheists have with the Bible.
didn't say it was. but it is the biggest problem young people have when transioning from a home inviroment to a school where they push evolution only propaganda. Now the kid going to school can have both in thier untouched form.

QuoteIt's Christians who make it so important, even going so far as to give those who know evolution is true a cute name: "Evolutionists." If the best you've got is this God of the gaps and God magic nonsense, you're wasting your time.
Unless, I know where to find God and have the ability to share it. think about it. if I and people like me know how to relyably direct people to God and they take away similar experiences and it profoundly changes their lives forever, then what is science but science of the gaps for nonbelievers? Or popular belief/popscience. Not that all of it is popular guessing. I work in a science based field and this science is what modern life is based on. not guess and unvalidatble theory, but real science we can bank on. The proble however is pop science and real scince are two different things that are being sold in our ministries of propaganda (universities) as being the same.

QuoteWe've had a lot of dense people here in the past, but you're the first I've encountered who actually claimed to have divine revelation, allowing you to rewrite scriptures.
I'm sorry, but where did I claim this? or is this an alt left tactic to name call and discredit? when will you d-bags learn we (like everyone) know your tactic now and just because you claim something to be true often times it is not. Like for instance I never claim to rewrite anything. Again my account leaves the bible and evolution completely untouched! All I do it take away the time line science and YEC put on the bible. Why? because the bible does not endorse or claim a time period between the end of creation and the fall of man. matter of fact there is a chaptorial break between the end of creation and the fall of man. What I am simply saying is 1 day or 18 billion years could have happened between chapter 2 and chapter 3. This leaves the saven days of creation untouched and it leave the pop science narrative of evolution complete untouched. So then how is it I am rewritting scripture?

Your head is so high up in the clouds, you make all the other idiots seem grounded and totally rational in comparison. Part of me still thinks this has to be a joke. You just have to be a troll. But I've had enough experience in church to know that, unfortunately, you're probably completely serious.
when you can't kill the message discredit the messenger cause that still works in the real world (that's why trump was not voted president.) Oh, wait a tick... Trump is president!! I guess this means you 90's personal/ad hoc BS has run it's course in the way of influencing a conversation, and people are looking for more than pop-belief you seem so bent on protecting with your very integrity. I mean why else stoop to attacking me personally when IF the message is flawed as you say attack the flaws in the message.

Jason78

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 22, 2017, 11:56:19 AM
Your not really good at concepts huh??

Neither are you.  Your version doesn't really matter.   The whole evolution/creation debate was settled decades ago.  Only evolution or something like it would explain the diversity of life we see.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 22, 2017, 11:52:18 AM
Read the OP

He did die that day. He adam was an immortal and God striped him of that life and gave him a new life where he could be hurt and injured and the earth would work against him and he would have to struggle to put food on the table. After being an immortal and walking hand in hand with God, Adam's 930 as a human was like a prison sentence.
"Yeah? Well I'm gonna make up some shit to cover my ass."
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

trdsf

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 22, 2017, 12:22:08 PM
Quote from: Blackleaf
It's not. The Bible is in contradiction with virtually every branch of science, from medicine to psychology.
Since when does 'majority rule' determine scientific facts?
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Drich0150

Quote from: Jason78 on June 22, 2017, 12:35:50 PM
Neither are you.  Your version doesn't really matter.   The whole evolution/creation debate was settled decades ago.  Only evolution or something like it would explain the diversity of life we see.
Glob..

Which is just fine and dandy with "my version of things."

For you see if you read and or understood what it was I am saying is that you can plug any verion of evolution or anything like that in the literal seven day creation account without changing a word of the bible nor will you have to change a word of evolution for both to work at the same time.

Drich0150

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on June 22, 2017, 12:40:31 PM
"Yeah? Well I'm gonna make up some shit to cover my ass."
Kinda all right there in scripture.

Drich0150

Quote from: trdsf on June 22, 2017, 03:29:19 PM

Since when does 'majority rule' determine scientific facts?

Peer reviewed science doesn't ring a bell?

What is peer reviewed science? it is majority consensus of what the 'experts' in a given field wants it to be.

(now don't be obtuse or foolishly idealistic or I shall have some fun tearing down the idea of the purity of 'science' for the sake of science. when in fact science and scientists are whores to funding.) Cern, the Ozone Hole, Nasa durning bush: no global warming, nasa durning obama: "the sky is falling"\global warming.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 22, 2017, 11:54:54 AM
Because once you become aware of sin you are now responsible for it. It wasn't that Adam and eve were sin free. God simply did not hold them accountible to anything sinful or that could be considered sinful because they knew nothing of sin. When they became aware of it they were expected to keep God's commands concerning sin.

You're pulling this explanation out of your anus. The reason for why God was upset was given within the same story. It was not because of sin. Sin was never even mentioned. The reason God decided to remove Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden was because he was afraid that if they ate the Fruit of the Tree of Life, they would become immortal and have taken another step toward becoming gods. God removed them from the garden because he was afraid that if he didn't, he and the other gods wouldn't be able to control them any more.

Genesis 3:22 - "And the Lord God said, 'The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.'"

It is only through the reinterpretations that later books brought to this story that the idea that God separated himself from man because of sin was even introduced.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

fencerider

The Sumerians said that we were created by the Annunaki to dig up gold... that storyline makes a little more sense than the one you are sharing

Maybe Drich should slow down a little bit and what you are trying to say will make more sense. Its obvious from how many mispelled words in your post that you are rushing to get it all our.

I will agree with you on this one point, because I thought of it myself a long time ago. The Bible doesn't specifically tell us the age of the earth, that is a guess made by theologists. Yes there can be a space of millions of years between the creation and the fall (no reason to measure time before Adam sinned)

Its possible but I don't have any proof that actually happened and neither do you. Certainly the division of chapter and verse can't be used to prove anything. Chapters were added in English. They weren't part of the original language.

Your idea has one obvious flaw. You said that Adam was the ancestor of all the stupid ape-men of evolution and he didnt have kids until 6,000 years ago so that he could become more intelligent? If it was possible for someone to live for millions of years his DNA would stay the same. If he was a dumb-ass a million years ago his children would still be dumbasses today

You're making a really good argument against god being omniscient. If he had to waste millions of
years to get man the way he wanted...
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.