News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

creation/evolution

Started by Drich0150, June 19, 2017, 04:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: fencerider on June 20, 2017, 01:58:14 AM
Drich if you go around telling people that god told you about creation in a dream, people are gonna think you're crazy. Can you discern the difference between a good argument and getting people to turn you off?

I found a white supremacist on yutube and watched a few of his videos. Maybe y'all should go check it out at truthfromgod.com. This guy says that ADAM mean ruddy; showing blood in the skin, and the only race that can show blood in the skin is white people. So earth has these ape-people from evolution and white people that were created 6,000 years ago. god only cared about his own children (white people) and the promises of the Bible only apply to them. Jesus was a white boy. The people who claim to be Jews now are imposters. Maybe what Drich says will make more sense after you watch a few of Dewey's videos ;-)

I both love and hate reading the crazy posts of racists.  On the one hand, it shows how utterly ignorant they are about how skin color differences were caused by sun-exposure.  On the other, it shows how some people can get through the school system with such utter stupidity at their core.

I would like to see a final high school exam that asked basic questions of science, nature, and logic.  They wouldn't have to be difficult questions.  Just stuff like the age of the universe, age of Earth, simple human evolution, basic arithmetic, write a simple paragraph of 3 sensible sentences, etc. 

You fail, no high school degree.  Try a year again.  Make that worth "something" .

I have to say that the ideology of Dewey Tucker and Drich could turn religion on its head. Neither offers an explanation of how there could be both men that are evolved and men that are created on earth. Ugh basic question - how does species ape-man have kids with species god-man? Even if they get juiced up lookin at each other. Shouldn't there be no kids or sterile kids.
On the other hand if we are really on a planet with ape-men and god-men together I guess god cares about some of us and some of us are just f'cked.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

How could Adam have lived 930 years, after God told him that he'd die "in the day" that he ate the forbidden fruit? Apparently, God lied.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 20, 2017, 05:40:12 PM
How could Adam have lived 930 years, after God told him that he'd die "in the day" that he ate the forbidden fruit? Apparently, God lied.

Perhaps Adam died at night?  It is night somewhere, all the time.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

aitm

wow....just wow......don't forget later on in the babble one third of the stars of the sky fell to the earth,,,and then later when jebus was given his promotion another third of the stars fell to the earth. I guess thats why there are no "small" stars left eh?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on June 20, 2017, 06:05:34 PM
wow....just wow......don't forget later on in the babble one third of the stars of the sky fell to the earth,,,and then later when jebus was given his promotion another third of the stars fell to the earth. I guess thats why there are no "small" stars left eh?

So then, everyone in Hollywood gets an Oscar now?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 20, 2017, 05:40:12 PM

God is a liar. It was the serpent who told Adam and Eve that when they eat of the fruit, they will become like God, understanding the difference between good and evil. Despite having created the tree for some reason, God did not want Adam and Eve to understand good and evil, and made no mention that eating the fruit would grant them that kind of understanding.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 20, 2017, 06:07:16 PM
God is a liar. It is the serpent who tells Adam and Eve that when they ate of the fruit, they would become like God, understanding the difference between good and evil. Despite having created the tree for some reason, God did not want Adam and Eve to understand good and evil, and made no mention that eating the fruit would grant them that kind of understanding.

Every teenager knows that parents not only uncool, but untrustworthy too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 20, 2017, 06:07:16 PM
God is a liar. It is the serpent who tells Adam and Eve that when they ate of the fruit, they would become like God, understanding the difference between good and evil. Despite having created the tree for some reason, God did not want Adam and Eve to understand good and evil, and made no mention that eating the fruit would grant them that kind of understanding.
I've never understood why Christians don't see that when the read the Bible!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 20, 2017, 06:33:28 PM
I've never understood why Christians don't see that when the read the Bible!
Because they don't read the Bible.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Jason78

Awesome.   You caught a live one :)
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Drich0150

Quote from: Baruch on June 19, 2017, 07:00:54 PM
I have waking dreams to, or vivid dreams, or rarely ... visions (but not hallucinations).  But I don't base my religion on them.  As Patanjali says in the Yoga Sutras ... siddhi (supernatural works) are a distraction, not the goal.

Neither do I, however if and when they do jive with scripture and I get an insight that counteracts what is currently driving people away from God in droves, and it does not conflict with the bible. I do feel I can use that insight to give those who want to believe both a way to do it even if it is not sanctioned doctrine.

Noth of this is a matter of salvation, but you've Got to believe in God if you are to be saved, and you have to believe in science as it is propagandized as the same science that makes computers works says your daddy was a fancy monkey. (not really but you get the gist)

Now for those who want the fashionable monkey daddy they can have it with a literal 7 day creation, without changing a freaking thing in the bible, just have to remove the time line of day seven of creation and the fall of man. The bible does not ascribe a time line, so then why should we assume day 8 a&E were exiled from the garden? why not 100 billion years like evolution says?

Take the time line away and you can have your cake and eat it too... all from a 'day dream'
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Gawdzilla Sama

And we get to keep our magic man!
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Drich0150

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 19, 2017, 07:34:10 PM
So this is divine inspiration, huh? Are you a prophet now? Maybe you should consider proposing to have this canonized in the Bible.
in the end times some of us are given over to dreams. and prophesy.. why? because the Holy Spirit has been poured out on all of us. WE ALL Have the potential now sport.

Uhh... Okay?

Okay... But why? Does God enjoy watching animals suffer? He didn't even try to create a world without death?
what was the GARDEN OF EDEN? you: it was a sactuary without death. butI don't get it.. how is the world not the garden? Because the garden was set aside on day three read genesis 2!!! everything that happens in genesis 2 happened on day 3 of creation apart from creation!!

QuoteYour explanation attempts to redeem the old myths of the Bible with science, but it doesn't really explain anything.
not meant to explain. it was meant to assimilate.

QuoteI could say that dinosaurs used to drive cars, but the reason we haven't found evidence of cars was because the aliens came and stole all their stuff, and it'd be just as credible as everything you've said. Your explanations have no basis in fact, and it only brings more questions than it answers.
only if your a moron. both creation narritives remain in tact. My addition changes neither in any way. All I do is remove the unbiblical time line placed on the garden narritive. then I point out the garden was seperate than the rest of the world. via genesis 2.

that's it.. what the big problem? besides you can refute the garden narritive by using YEC time line? nothing else has changed!!!

QuoteI guess God just likes to fuck with us. "Man. Six thousand years from now, people are going to be finding fossils millions of years old and using it as evidence against the Bible. And Christians will continue to believe in a six thousand year old Earth and look like complete idiots to everyone else. This is going to be hilarious."
lord willing we will see.
Also, just so you know, Jews do not see the first two chapters as two separate creations. The second just gives more focus to the part where God made humans.
they can't always be right. I can walk you though genesis1 and 2 if you ask/lest I be preaching.
Imagine having a wife who was fully human, but had no soul. No matter how much you loved her, you'd know she was just an empty vessel. You'd know that after you both were dead, you would never meet her on the other side. Would you be fine with that?
what is a soul what is our spirit? Soul is our celestial consciousness, and spirit is our physical one. Atheist tend to be more spirit aware while theist seek more understanding on a celestial level.

So then what would be the difference if I married a woman who was an atheist and one born without a soul? ultimate nothing in this relam in this life?

But that is not something we have to worry about. why? think back to a bottle neck in history where only people with soul survived..
QuoteActually, much of the Bible treats women like they have no souls anyway, so...
there were souless men in the monkey man crowd as well.

QuoteSo then the humans who evolved were made in God's image, but had no soul. Most people try to justify the "God's image" thing by reinterpreting it to mean something symbolic, but I guess God really does look like a man.
look like or act like..

QuoteWhy just...you know...create more than two human beings to begin with instead of using this convoluted plan of creating just two, leaving them in the Garden of Eden for millions of years, and then having more humans evolve, and then finally allowing Adam and Eve to have children?
isn't that what God did through evolution? but rather than a hand ful or million handhuned indivisuals he created a mechnism (evolution) that hand crafter people places and things to suit specific regions and enviroments, that if left alone could be used to drive an engine that would literally fill a planet...

But to directly answer your question, God does not typically do 'small things' when bigger things are needed.

QuoteAlso, you're telling me that Adam and Eve waited for hundreds of millions of years before having children? I know you're trying to avoid the problem of incest, but if you expect me to believe that Adam--the guy who couldn't resist the fruit of a single tree in an entire forest of fruit-filled trees--waited hundreds of millions of years to stick his thing in Eve... No. Just no.
It is estimated that the garden is 2/3 the size of north america... Now try to imagine 1 1000 year life probably get board with your first mud hut. then 10 thousand then a million years then two then ten the 100 million years then a billion then 18 billion then the next number science will come up with to make evolution work... now even with a living space 2/3 the size of north america one is bound to get board. you will have seen everything 100 time and done everything to do twice, except the one thing that remains a mystery... ever wonder why eve and adam were so close to the tree? Because it was the only mystry left after 18 billion years.

Remember it was not till the ate from three of knoweledge that they saw each other as naked, which is why they made cloths. kinda hard to do the hokey pokey if nether of you see each other as sexual beings.
Wait a minute. The Bible says that Adam and Eve were kicked out of the garden after they sinned. If the land outside of the garden was already full of death, then the only land left for God to curse after the Fall was the Garden of Eden. So God cursed the garden and then said, "Now you can't enter the garden which is the same as all the land now anyway?"
more or less yes... which is why there is a big stinking desert sitting on top of the garden now,

QuoteYou're joking, right? You have to be fucking kidding me. This is some Grade A troll shit right here. You're pulling all this shit out of your ass, and then acting like I'm the one being ridiculous? Besides, you didn't even answer the fucking question you fucking idiot. Science says that the stars existed WAY before the Earth.
holy crap dude.. let's say stars did exist before the earth.. lets say they do now (hold your toungue or i will make you eat it) if now after 100 bizillion years or however long science currently says we are just now receiving the light from stars so far away we can see the orgins of the galaxy... would that start light have been avaible to the garden 18 or so BILLION years ago? maybe ask a question if you do not understand the complexity of the question.. don't just assume I am the one who has his facts confused.

That aside I will give you a simple answer. Just like revelation is a historical telling of the end times from a 1 centruy man singular perspective, so too is the telling of the beginning. It would seem God took moses on a ride and let him view out the seven days and creation of the garden and all that followed.

So how did the stars come after? they may not have celestially, but it may have appeared that way to moses from his specific perspective. (see the 1st paragraph for possible obstructions/the limit on the speed of light and how far the stars were from earth that he could indeed see.)

QuoteI don't care about God's cosmic lightbulb. The order of events in the creation story is fucked up.
Actually they are F-ing genius. the fact that the stars came late should proove (to a wisman) that the creation narritive was witnessed, because who else that long ago would have considered the speed of light to be a midigating factor between creation of the starts and when it's light would be viewable from earth!

QuoteEven if you said that the light on the first day was the Big Bang, it would have been a much smarter response than the one you're giving. You're telling me that before God created the stars in the galaxy, he created the Earth and filled it with vegetation. Where did those plants get their necessary sunlight for photosynthesis? Oh, wait. I forgot.
Light moron, goes 1000 times beyond the visible light you are arguing for. On Day one God created the light spectrum ALL OF IT. Alpha beta gamma, x rays all of it some saylight is at the heart of time itself not just light and dark sport.

QuoteThe entire point of this bullshit you made up was to make it compatible with science. And when I point out when it still doesn't work with scientific understanding, you start pulling out God magic. Plants were not the first living things on earth. Microscopic organisms were.
Sorry sport before organism you must have a source of nutrients, as in simple algae.. or PLANTS

QuoteLife began in the water, not as vegetation
and algae is... that's right vegitation. which is water born

QuoteEventually, plants did evolve, and they transformed the atmosphere of the planet, filling it with oxygen, allowing complex life to emerge. Your story does not fit in with this at all.
you are a friggen moron that does not even know his own side of the creation narrative. Alage is responsible for terriforming not more complex plants.

So let me get this straight. The Bible, which was divinely inspired, was limited by the knowledge of the humans who wrote it? God couldn't, you know, beam the information into their heads like he allegedly did when he gave you your vision? He couldn't give humanity an account so accurate that it could only be explained by divine inspiration?

So genius, you think it best for God to beam in scientific information you would expect to see into the heads of moses or John or anyone given to a vision... Now what if your version of science is not correct? what if what God beams into the heads of his prophet is not proven to be correct till idk AFTER the second comming? so then who is better served or rather who/what generation does God need to be speaking with?

Seriously think about it 'smart guy' if God speaks to those who are left after the rapture (because those dumb asses left in science finall fig things out correctly) are the only one's who can confirm what God said through moses or John is right... What happens to the billion upon billions of sould who can not confirm what the post rapture generation can confirm???

How smart is that?

How about lets look at the way it is. God talks to the least evolved in such a way as to give enough clues for us to literally find and speak to Him and have him confirm all is true to us on a specific and personal level?

IDK I kinda like how God works now so every generation has a chance at a relationship and salvation rather than your horse crap way of saving the post rapture morons who triggered the end of the world anyway.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Drich0150

Quote from: Cavebear on June 20, 2017, 01:14:02 AM
Just a weird thought, but if you had lived some 600 years farming like Adam, wouldn't you have invented SOMETHING worth being noted in a bible?  And if it was like a plow, shouldn't SOMETHING have come before that?  Sorry, that's just the gardener in me coming out...  LOL!

I'm sure adam was a tard compared to the monkey men. again evolution tools and the lot were the idea of monkey man not spoiled guys.

Jason78

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 21, 2017, 05:26:03 PM
Light moron, goes 1000 times beyond the visible light you are arguing for. On Day one God created the light spectrum ALL OF IT. Alpha beta gamma, x rays all of it some saylight is at the heart of time itself not just light and dark sport.

Gamma rays kill plants.   And pretty much anything else.  (Alpha and beta radiation isn't even light.)

Light is just one aspect of the electromagnetic force which is just one of the four fundamental forces we know about. 
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato