News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

creation/evolution

Started by Drich0150, June 19, 2017, 04:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drich0150

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on July 15, 2017, 08:22:14 PM
Trump is good at selling Trump, and that's really all the presidential election is â€" it's a sale.
so how is that stupid/?

QuoteRunning the country? That's a different kettle of fish.
here's the thing No one man runs this country.. Our executive gives the country direction. It is all three branches together that "run" this country.

QuoteOn that front, he's been abysmal.
Boarder crossings down 70%, record high stock markets, rededication for US jobs, Getting us out of bad trade deals like the paris accords and nafta, tpp ect... I'd say are all great things for the first 6 months.

QuoteNo economic policy,
That's not what the country wanted for the first 6 months.
Obamacare still here,
It is never going all the way away.

Quoteand trouble with his son's ties with Russia.
So what.

QuoteHe's literally been cruising on the coattails of Obama for the past six months.
Actually he has for the last six months done everything he could to dismantle Obama's legacy. Everything obama accomplished He has revoked. Iran deal he is trying to get us out of, shutting Cuba back down, trying to get us out of obama care ttp is gone, we are going ahead with the transatlantic pipeline, He has obliterated the green initiative, and the whole frech accord is also gone... so what exactly is left of obama that Trump is skirting on?

QuoteAnyway, I don't need a billion dollars.I'm satisfied with what I have, and I am more or less happy.
Not the point. The point is they don't give billions of dollars away otherwise you would have a billion dollars as well. Rather you need be quite smart to obtain and maintain a billion dollars. Something Trump has indeed done.

QuoteTrump strikes me as the kind of fellow who wouldn't be satisfied if he had a trillion dollars, and that speaks to me of a deeply broken character.
please explain how wanting more point to a broken character. King David collected alsorts of taxes for stuff his people did not need but rather for the building of the first temple his son was supposed to build. Point simply wanting more is not a bad thing, it is what you want it for.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Colanth

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 17, 2017, 10:27:30 AMOur executive gives the country direction.
Except the current CEO. (He said that he wanted to run the country as a corporation, with himself as the CEO.  Guess what?  He is.)  He runs it by tweets that are about as intelligent as any 6 year old I've ever encountered.

QuoteBoarder crossings down 70%
I don't know which boarders you're talking about, I don't have any people I give room and board to.

Or did you mean "borders"?  And where did you get that 70% figure from?  Oh, yeah, one of Trump's self-serving tweets.  (Also remember that illegal crossings in freight containers are always down when you can broil to death in a couple of hours.  Wait until it cools down, and he blames someone for the increase in crossings.)

Quoterecord high stock markets
Or, looked at from the other direction, decrease in the value of the dollar.  (The US dollar isn't the world monetary standard any more.)

Quoterededication for US jobs
Like "I'm going to bring back the coal industry"?  He can "bring it back" but, aside from the steel industry, no one is buying coal any more.  He might as well 'rededicate' the buttonhook industry.

QuoteIt is never going all the way away.
Obamacare?  Oh, you mean Romneycare.  The only reason it's not going away is that anyone causing even higher medical insurance premiums than we have now wouldn't stand a chance at the polls - and they know it.

QuoteActually he has for the last six months done everything he could to dismantle Obama's legacy. Everything obama accomplished He has revoked. Iran deal he is trying to get us out of, shutting Cuba back down, trying to get us out of obama care ttp is gone, we are going ahead with the transatlantic pipeline
One of the worst ideas since man climbed down from the trees.  If the transatlantic pipeline breaks, it won't be the Atlantic Ocean, it'll be the Atlantic Oil Reserve Tank.

QuoteHe has obliterated the green initiative
Right ... who needs to breathe as long as Trump is CEO?

QuoteThe point is they don't give billions of dollars away
Oh, yes we do, and have been doing it for many, many decades (at least as far back as TR).  Did you just come out of your cave yesterday?

QuoteRather you need be quite smart to obtain and maintain a billion dollars. Something Trump has indeed done.
But how has he don it?  Oh, yeah, by starting with tens of billions.  He borrowed from banks, let his businesses fail, then left the banks holding the bag while he left with the money.  This time, when USA, Inc. fails, he'll still leave with the money - but the people, us, will be left holding the bag.  And making the 1930-1941 depression look like a slight correction.

Quoteplease explain how wanting more point to a broken character. King David collected alsorts of taxes for stuff his people did not need but rather for the building of the first temple his son was supposed to build. Point simply wanting more is not a bad thing, it is what you want it for.
And Trump wants it so that Trump gets richer.  That's called greed, and greed is a bad thing.  (Unless you live on Bizarro World, which is seeming more and more likely.)
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Cavebear

All the drichs in the world only make me laugh sadly...  It is they who keep society from moving forward, they who keep nations from being at some general level of peace free of religious differences, they who keep medical practices limited, they who keep education limited, etc, etc...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 18, 2017, 03:12:22 AM
All the drichs in the world only make me laugh sadly...  It is they who keep society from moving forward, they who keep nations from being at some general level of peace free of religious differences, they who keep medical practices limited, they who keep education limited, etc, etc...

The problem is, if you eliminate everyone from the bottom of the bell curve, the mean moves to the right, but the shape is still a bell curve.  Continue the process, and you eliminate everyone.  Society has to figure out a way to live with the lower half of the bell curve, or not live at all.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Drich0150

Quote from: Colanth on July 17, 2017, 04:40:06 PM
Except the current CEO. (He said that he wanted to run the country as a corporation, with himself as the CEO.  Guess what?  He is.)
CEO-What? it's been 6 months, give it sometime.

QuoteHe runs it by tweets that are about as intelligent as any 6 year old I've ever encountered.
Have you ever been on twitter? do you know how it works?? when your limited to 64 characters it is hard to say something proud everyday unless you have a team of writers work behind you to prop you up.

QuoteI don't know which boarders you're talking about, I don't have any people I give room and board to.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/may/9/illegal-immigration-southwest-border-down-70-pct/

QuoteOr did you mean "borders"?  And where did you get that 70% figure from?
Or the washington post, the ny time or like below NPR: http://www.npr.org/2017/04/27/525584236/in-trumps-first-100-days-a-dramatic-reduction-in-immigration

Kind make the spelling of boarder a smaller secondary BS factoid when you get the primary sourcing of the subject matter wrong, huh?

You: Hey man let me get that speck out of your eye, you seem all sorts of unrespectible running around with that speck..

Me: then how about you take that plank out of your eye before you start digging in mine.

QuoteOh, yeah, one of Trump's self-serving tweets.
:histerical:
(your plank)

Quote(Also remember that illegal crossings in freight containers are always down when you can broil to death in a couple of hours.  Wait until it cools down, and he blames someone for the increase in crossings.)
which is why I included links to source material that included graphs which describes last years numbers... you know last year at this time.. when the temp was the same, meaning the risk was the same. :winkle:

QuoteOr, looked at from the other direction, decrease in the value of the dollar.  (The US dollar isn't the world monetary standard any more.)
Thanks obama for selling out our gold reserves to china which put us in the spot where now china is calling into question the power of the Dollar as the world lead currency. Even so as of 6-13-17 we still are.
https://www.thebalance.com/world-currency-3305931

QuoteLike "I'm going to bring back the coal industry"?  He can "bring it back" but, aside from the steel industry, no one is buying coal any more.  He might as well 'rededicate' the buttonhook industry.
2/3's of the world still runs on coal sport, that is what the stink was about in the paris accords when Trump opted out. Meaning the US was not going to pay to have 2/3 of the world up data to 1 world technology and power generation on america's dime. Rather than that He will single handily restart the coal industry by opening trade to the 2nd and 3rd world nations whole are still coal dependent. Even vast swaths of China still depend on coal.

QuoteObamacare?  Oh, you mean Romneycare. 
No no, this one belongs to obama, he is the captain of that ship and needs to take full responsiblity for whatever damage this thing does to America.

QuoteThe only reason it's not going away is that anyone causing even higher medical insurance premiums than we have now wouldn't stand a chance at the polls - and they know it.
Which is the oppsite of what obammie promised. "Keep your doctor, keep you plan, prices will be cut in 1/2"

QuoteOne of the worst ideas since man climbed down from the trees.  If the transatlantic pipeline breaks, it won't be the Atlantic Ocean, it'll be the Atlantic Oil Reserve Tank.
moron, it doesnt come close to the ocean
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/dakota-access-pipeline-vs-keystone-xl-pipeline/article31568800/

QuoteRight ... who needs to breathe as long as Trump is CEO?
that's right the sky is falling under gore/clinton/sanders I hope the next 8 years will show you conclusively it is not. besides that the green initiative was an alternative fuels subsidy that made smart guys who know how to manipulate the law like elon musk lots of money. All that stuff does not go away. it just gets put on the topshelf for rich people to play with.

QuoteOh, yes we do, and have been doing it for many, many decades (at least as far back as TR).  Did you just come out of your cave yesterday?
never once did TR give out a billion dollars because he thought the shy was falling or that winter was too cold or summer too warm... no that is a new thing all together that trump has sense enough to stop.

QuoteBut how has he don it?  Oh, yeah, by starting with tens of billions.
He started with a million dollar loan.

QuoteHe borrowed from banks, let his businesses fail, then left the banks holding the bag while he left with the money.
I can promise you no one starts a business to have it fail in the expectations to make a billion dollars as the net result... do you even hear yourself when you guys say these things? or does your distain for the wealthy automatically blind you with envy that the stupidest things now can make sense. Let me tell you when a business fails they take everything, before the offer bankruptcy protection, what maybe left (which is true with trump) He lost so much the federal government allowed him to write the loss off as a business expense in the coming decade. but that does not generate revenue for you or the company. it simply means you don't loose it to the government.

QuoteThis time, when USA, Inc. fails, he'll still leave with the money
The president who refuses a paycheck will leave with the money of the whole country?!?!?
seriously? how can that happen???

Quote- but the people, us, will be left holding the bag. And making the 1930-1941 depression look like a slight correction.
And Trump wants it so that Trump gets richer.  That's called greed, and greed is a bad thing.  (Unless you live on Bizarro World, which is seeming more and more likely.)

What great faith you have oh man of proof and science.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

fencerider

I think Drich should stick to the Bible. Jeez your awareness of economics and politics sucks

Obamacare was created by the Heritage Foundation and tested by Romney.

no one becomes a billionaire without stealing from other people.

When you have more money in the bank than you could possibly spend during the rest of your life, it is wrong to want more. You should be in a treatment center right next to someone doing an ounce of cocaine every week.

To name just one, oil companies are given billions of dollars a year even though their need for support ended at least 50 years ago.

Yes billion dollar businesses are created to fail. And businesses that are 50-100 years old go out of business because scum like Jamey Diamond and David Koch have figured out how to drain the companies and legally put all the money in their own pockets.

Al Gore made some mistakes in his video, but you can't deny the basic premise of what he was saying. Not even with the Bible. There isn't any place in the Bible that says god will keep us from destroying this planet. During the last 10 years there have been huge grass fires in the artic circle; something that as far as I know has never happened in recorded history. Oh yeah the last couple years the streets of Miami are flooded at high tide because of the rise in ocean level.

Trump reopening coal mines doesn't help any miners because they are being replaced by automated equipement. In the new coal mines 10 people can get out 20-50 times as much coal with machines as used to be with 100 miners.

Is there a trans-Atlantic pipeline? The only pipeline I've been hearing about is keystone. A pipeline to take the tar sands from Alberta to Texas. (Canada could have easily have made a pipe to their own refinery but the government of Canada considered the tar sands so toxic that they didn't want it processed in Canada -denied the applications of its own oil companies)

Quote from: Baruch on July 18, 2017, 07:02:57 AM
The problem is, if you eliminate everyone from the bottom of the bell curve, the mean moves to the right, but the shape is still a bell curve.  Continue the process, and you eliminate everyone.  Society has to figure out a way to live with the lower half of the bell curve, or not live at all.
I think that is because professional media is controlled by rich people, and most of the wealthy are republicans. The U.S. is constantly bombarded with propaganda of the wealthy. Both Ronald Reagan and Richard Nixon would be primaried for being too liberal.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 17, 2017, 10:27:30 AM
so how is that stupid/?
It's not, in and of itself. Thing is, when people buy something, they expect to get something in return. The electorate expected a competent leader. They got something different. Then again, it is Trump's modus operendi.

Quote from: Drich0150
here's the thing No one man runs this country.. Our executive gives the country direction. It is all three branches together that "run" this country.
Nitpicking. He was elected to do the job of being commander in chief.

Boarder crossings down 70%, record high stock markets, rededication for US jobs, Getting us out of bad trade deals like the paris accords and nafta, tpp ect... I'd say are all great things for the first 6 months.
Amazing that this happened without any significant change in economic or domestic policy, hence my comment on riding the coattails of the Obama administration. No, execuative orders are not that powerful â€" it takes money to make this happen, and Congress holds the purse-strings, and time to affect real changes, with meetings, discussion, studies and shit. The next administration can reverse Trump's orders just as easily and bring every single piece back.

The only thing Trump has done on our boarder is block a certain population from a region that we do not see significant numbers of people from. The Paris accords were not binding in the slightest, we're still in NAFTA, and the TPP was a trade accord that we happened to be the head honcho in.

That's not what the country wanted for the first 6 months.
You still need some strategy about how you want to handle the economy, even if it's not your main focus. Again, these great things for the economy you speak of happened because of Obama, not Trump.

It is never going all the way away.
He promised to repeal or reform Obamacare in the first 100 days. He has not done either. Failure.

So what.
It does not concern you that a foreign power might have influenced the election? Might still be influencing the most powerful office in the land? Yeah, that tells me just about all I need to know about your intelligence.

Actually he has for the last six months done everything he could to dismantle Obama's legacy.
You don't seem to understand that Trump is benefiting from that same legacy that you and him disparage.

Everything obama accomplished He has revoked.
No, it hasn't. Changing the operational workings of the executive branch takes more than executive orders. Those operational workings have to have a certain inertia or they are meaningless. They can't be changed by Trump simply swinging his pen. He must change them the same way that they were enacted, and those bylaws take a long time to change. Trump's only opportunity to revoke Obama's legacy wholesale like you envision sunsetted after 60 days. Now, he can only strike them down the same way they were enacted, and that takes a long, long time of constant effort.

Iran deal he is trying to get us out of, shutting Cuba back down, trying to get us out of obama care ttp is gone, we are going ahead with the transatlantic pipeline,
Which will be more of a job destroyer than a creator. Sure, thousands of jobs will be created, but those are only construction jobs. Once construction is finished, they disperse elsewhere, and every town that depended on the construction jobs becomes a ghost town. The permanent jobs created by the pipeline number in the 50-70 range. Furthermore, the transport jobs that used to crate that oil will be destroyed, never to come back.

That's why the oil companies want the pipeline â€" they want to cut costs by cutting the jobs needed to transport that oil to a minimum. But, of course, you are an idiot and don't see this.

And the TPP was an economic arangment that we dictated and enacted for our benefit. Now the former signatories are going to form their own version and shut the US out. This was economic potential Trump has simply pissed away.

He has obliterated the green initiative, and the whole frech accord is also gone...
The Paris accords were never binding. Period. There was nothing to back out of. Furthermore, now that he's focused away from green technologies, the green industry is now at a disadvantage against the rest of the world, who are going to get on that like white on rice. Even if you don't believe in the green cause, it's still an industry that employs people (more people than coal) and is going to be growing in the next few years. It is an economic opportunity that Trump is simply pissing away.

so what exactly is left of obama that Trump is skirting on?
Eliminating all that high profile stuff still leaves the operational cogs in the machinery, the basic stuff that keeps the country running. Trump may have eliminated some high profile stuff, but most of it is still in place.

Not the point. The point is they don't give billions of dollars away otherwise you would have a billion dollars as well. Rather you need be quite smart to obtain and maintain a billion dollars. Something Trump has indeed done.
It takes some basic intelligence, but any person could have done what Trump has done and more by simply investing their money in the stock market. If Trump had done that when he got his first million, he would be worth twice to four times what he claims he's worth. Furthermore, while he may be personally rich, he is a small businessman. He basically is his own company, and while a billion dollars is a lot to someone like you and me, a billion dollar company is mid-sized at best. The big companies like Apple, Microsoft, GM, Amazon, Google, etc. are all worth hundreds of billions of dollars, each.

Think about it. When was the last time you bought a Trump-branded product? I predict, never. Me neither. Trump could have disappeared five years ago and no one would have noticed. The same could not be said of truly big companies like Apple et al.

So, no, someone who is unable to outperform the random drift that is the stock market is not someone I consider smart with money. He's also bankrupted his businesses six times, all using other people's money. And those holdings you claim he has around the world? Most of them, not his holdings. They belong to other people and Trump is simply renting out his name for a fee. You'd have to be a drool on the floor idiot to not make money from that arrangement.

please explain how wanting more point to a broken character. King David collected alsorts of taxes for stuff his people did not need but rather for the building of the first temple his son was supposed to build. Point simply wanting more is not a bad thing, it is what you want it for.
King David had to build a temple out of obligation. Nothing obligates Trump to do any similiar thing. It's simply naked greed. Bill Gates is not my favorite person in the world, but he had the human decency to use his wealth to support the society that made him rich. Trump? I don't see him doing any similar thing. So yeah, deeply broken.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Drich0150

Quote from: Cavebear on July 18, 2017, 03:12:22 AM
They who keep old progressive men from touch young boy hinnies, they who keep the they ever lowering bar of man morality from out pacing he morality of Sodom and Gomorrah, They who give meaning to the words, duty, honor, integrity, honesty, family, and it is "They" who demand we be accountable for our actions.

Munch

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 19, 2017, 10:12:30 AM
They who keep old progressive men from touch young boy hinnies, they who keep the they ever lowering bar of man morality from out pacing he morality of Sodom and Gomorrah, They who give meaning to the words, duty, honor, integrity, honesty, family, and it is "They" who demand we be accountable for our actions.

Given all the pedophile priests there has been in history your not doing a very good job of it.
Also using the story of sodom and gomorrah as the standard for what you consider morality in the bible is one used pretty much every time a christian wants to condemn a homosexual to hell and damnation, so might want to outsource yourself there.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Drich0150

Quote from: fencerider on July 19, 2017, 02:53:23 AM
I think Drich should stick to the Bible. Jeez your awareness of economics and politics sucks
again.. sucks to what measure?

QuoteObamacare was created by the Heritage Foundation and tested by Romney.
and why was it called obama care? oh, that's right he put his name on it to sell this turd to the american people because he is a branding whore just like you claim trump to be. Do you really think the core legesltion (which is what the rep will use to rebuild the affordable care act that you attribute to the heritage foundation) legislation included the federal government taking over all student loans and increasing the intrest rate as a way to help pay for this failing beast? Not to mention the 1/2 dozen other way obama and the "Dims" used this failing behemoth as a federal government expansion.

I honestly think it was designed to fail, and clinton was to push the ever more expansive single/government provider system. where socialist decend upon the medical community and set pricing for everyone, yet tax the hell out of the rest of us in another government expansion.

If you google what the heritage foundation suggested, you would not recognise it as obama care. it was mearly the frame work of how to upside medicade.

Quoteno one becomes a billionaire without stealing from other people.
No one becomes wealth without other claiming something in order to get a free ride.

QuoteWhen you have more money in the bank than you could possibly spend during the rest of your life, it is wrong to want more. You should be in a treatment center right next to someone doing an ounce of cocaine every week.
It does not work that way. Inorder to 'have' access to say a million dollars you assetts have to exceed that times 10. with large money there is a point of diminishing returns. (which is why people who never had money or came into it quick like lottery or a star athelete or rapper or something always goes broke) because once you have say a million you need 10 more in infrastructure to keep it, meaning investments and shelters so the federal government does not take what you earned and give it to some a-hole who's job is to get high all day. A million dollars will not sit static in your bank account, if you do not rightly divide it. More so the more you make the faster it can go. unless you tie the money up in tangible assets or investments. but to do that decreases avaible on hand cash... Meaning you could own 3 sky scrapers but not have the money in hand to put fuel in your jet. So yes you need more, and the more you have the more you need to maintain, not expand, but just to maintain your life. So yes a million may seem like a lot, but in truth it may only be 1/3 of that if your friends and family don't take it first. But if you are invested you may only see or be able to have access to 10% of that..

QuoteTo name just one, oil companies are given billions of dollars a year even though their need for support ended at least 50 years ago.
They are given subsidies not support. google it. It keeps oil prices affordable. or did you not know we are now paying less (with inflation calculated in) than we were in the 1960's (.35 per gallon)

QuoteYes billion dollar businesses are created to fail.
example seriously provide an example and subsequent documentation, not of a billion dollar business failure but of a billion dollar business designed to fail and the owners make billions more upon failure. because that is what is being discussed, not whether or not a billion dollar business has ever failed.

QuoteAnd businesses that are 50-100 years old go out of business because scum like Jamey Diamond and David Koch have figured out how to drain the companies and legally put all the money in their own pockets.
Are you dense? did the business owner 50 or 100 years ago designed these businesses to fail? Again that is what i am talking about not a liquidation of assetts, of which the banks and lenders get paid out of first!/No one is making money, everyone is loosing money, the only question is how much do you want to loose.

QuoteAl Gore made some mistakes in his video, but you can't deny the basic premise of what he was saying.
Here's the thing with gore. There is 500 years of science (data records observation and a whole who's who of scientist) that directly contradict gore and his buddies. This is where you guys go off from what precious science has established with 500 years of mainstream understanding for a guy who casup money wanting to sell you carbon credits (because they will save the sky from falling)

No one is denying the planet is changing otherwise we'd be in another ice age. But the difference is 500 years of meteorology tells us it is because the sun is putting out more than it was. casup man is simply trying to cash in on the old chicken little bit.

QuoteNot even with the Bible. There isn't any place in the Bible that says god will keep us from destroying this planet.
indeed. matter of fact it is prophesied

QuoteDuring the last 10 years there have been huge grass fires in the arctic circle; something that as far as I know has never happened in recorded history.
You do know there was a time where the arctic was not frozen right? and it was in the recent past. or did you think mammoths ate ice? The planet is recovering and returning to the way it was, we have simply developed in a transitionary period and never known true planetary stability.

QuoteOh yeah the last couple years the streets of Miami are flooded at high tide because of the rise in ocean level.
it's called a king tide and it happens all the time because they build the roads 20ft from the high water mark.

QuoteTrump reopening coal mines doesn't help any miners because they are being replaced by automated equipement.
bwahahaha have you been to a coal mine? it's like going back in time 75 years. until coal prices go way way up, they will always be miners.

QuoteIn the new coal mines 10 people can get out 20-50 times as much coal with machines as used to be with 100 miners.
as apposed to what pick axes? yes. they do have machines, but the still blast and the still need operators for all of that stuff. watch a dirty jobs episode.

QuoteIs there a trans-Atlantic pipeline? The only pipeline I've been hearing about is keystone.
I made the correction

QuoteA pipeline to take the tar sands from Alberta to Texas. (Canada could have easily have made a pipe to their own refinery but the government of Canada considered the tar sands so toxic that they didn't want it processed in Canada -denied the applications of its own oil companies)
No... Canada does not have the oil refinement capability/infrastructure to tackle the level of refinement needed for this source of oil. So they simply hand it off and get paid a royality.

QuoteI think that is because professional media is controlled by rich people, and most of the wealthy are republicans. The U.S. is constantly bombarded with propaganda of the wealthy. Both Ronald Reagan and Richard Nixon would be primaried for being too liberal.
Are you insane? you think the reps own the media??? If so why did the whole media lement when trump was elected? why are they always up his b-hole about russia why is it non stop impeachment talk?

No the Media is Hard left my friend and they don't even pretend to be different.

Great example H. Clinton Colluded with the Russians while active Secretary of state to have the US sell 25% of all uranium the US produced to russia, and she received 140 million dollars to do it.

The president of the United States Has a Meeting with The Russian president it goes 1 hour longer than schedualed and the media is literally telling people that trump sold out the country to the russians.. Can't provide us with details.. but they are convinced. Meanwhile clinton and the uranium 1 deal gets unnoticed. Why if the media belongs to the reps?

Drich0150

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on July 19, 2017, 08:47:47 AM
It's not, in and of itself.
then why call it stupid?

QuoteThing is, when people buy something, they expect to get something in return.
Those who voted for trump are getting what they voted for.

QuoteThe electorate expected a competent leader. They got something different. Then again, it is Trump's modus operendi.
Here competency is a metaphor for popularity. Because if it were meant to be taken as the word is defined then trump's competency out maneuvered the best Clinton could muster. If you wanted a less compent leader than trump then by literal default clinton is your canidate. but again you are not using the word to describe someone's ablity to manage and or lead, you are using the word to describe popularity by your factions terms, which is a sad form of brain washing.

You lost and yet you think you are still better somehow.. sad. maybe that is why all the tolerant d-bags took to the streets in riots and why they still protest.. they/you drank the cool-aide and you still think you are better your candidate through all of her failings was better, when clearly the electorate disagrees.

QuoteNitpicking. He was elected to do the job of being commander in chief.
not familiar with politics I see. the picking of 'nits" is the job of commander in chief, because unless he can get all the 'nit-wits' all on page nothing will be done. Which is why obama turned out to be a lame duck president who executive order his legacy in place (which trump quickly dismantled)

If we want real change draining the swamp is going to have to be apart of the process.

QuoteAmazing that this happened without any significant change in economic or domestic policy,
it hasn't been 6 months give it time. that is the next thing on the chopping block.

Quotehence my comment on riding the coattails of the Obama administration.
Again what is left of his legacy? what uniquly obama piece of legislation is left that has not already or being dismantled? I think they even pulled out Michelle's roses and replaced with with "Euge" ones

QuoteNo, execuative orders are not that powerful â€" it takes money to make this happen, and Congress holds the purse-strings, and time to affect real changes, with meetings, discussion, studies and shit. The next administration can reverse Trump's orders just as easily and bring every single piece back.
unless they get signed into a bill/law through the proper channels. That is exactly why obama was a lame duck because He could never get both the house and congress onside, so rather than vote in his legacy the proper way he just E/O'ed it

QuoteThe only thing Trump has done on our boarder is block a certain population from a region that we do not see significant numbers of people from.
All trump did was be elected. The thought of being turn around by someone who meant it discouraged 76% of the people pouring in.

QuoteThe Paris accords were not binding in the slightest,
so you think we weren't going to pay the 8 trillion over 30 years or do you mean to say after we pay, no one else would when it came time from them to own up???

If we weren't going to pay then why sign the document? isn't that what trump did?

Quotewe're still in NAFTA,
not for long

Quoteand the TPP was a trade accord that we happened to be the head honcho in.
TPP was transpacific nafta
we would benfit via cheaper good to our stores but at the cost of jobs. so no it did not help the country unless you are just setting up a consumer base.

QuoteYou still need some strategy about how you want to handle the economy, even if it's not your main focus.
again it is the very next thing on the agenda. If you listen to the mainstream media you'd think the white house gave an s about the russian accusations and is going to be tied up there. no while congress is still in session they are actively hammering out the budget as well as the campaign tax cuts as well as other reforms. again you are speaking like he is in his 6th year of his presidency. Trump is and has done alot including, a lot behind the scenes . He is not obama where we are given daily things to be in awe about.

QuoteAgain, these great things for the economy you speak of happened because of Obama, not Trump.
give it time, give it time...

QuoteHe promised to repeal or reform Obamacare in the first 100 days. He has not done either. Failure.
No, He did. meaning He put fourth legislation that would indeed do that. But because He is not a tryant He did not force it with an E/O as obama did when He implemented obama care to begn with. rather He lets the people's representative decide as they should. "we" via our proxies voted it down. Not a presidential failure, but a general consensus failure from the congress and house.

QuoteIt does not concern you that a foreign power might have influenced the election?
:histerical: How by releasing emails that showed the other canidate to be a literal theif, liar, someone who committed treason by coluding with the russians by selling them 25% of the US holdings for 140million dollars in personal gain? and when caugh this person "wiped" all of her personal servers and destroyed emails with hammers and drills.. Seriously This is how russia controls an election??? By what showing us the truth about who one of our canidates are? This woman was a world thug, a gangster. If I were incharge of a country she was looking to come after I would data dump as well in hopes the american people had an ounce of morality left in them.

Now what about Omama's recent attempt to get the prime minster of Israel ousted in his last election? Obama spent millions of tax dollars in negative adds on Israeli tv and not to mention a putten effort in the way of covert actions to try and change the seat of power in israel to BENFIT IRAN!!!

Why have I never heard one of you mention this outside a sweeping dismissal?

Seriously do you not look behind the head lines? "Headline" "russia attempts to influence American election..." Again how was that done? by shinning a light on the underhanded crap clinton was apart of.

QuoteMight still be influencing the most powerful office in the land? Yeah, that tells me just about all I need to know about your intelligence.
You guys use that word.. but don't seem to understand it's meaning. I see the word and can recognise someone who can acquire and apply knowledge or skill, which means even if I do not agree with them. You use the word to describe anything that does not align with your brand of brain washing. anyone who does not agree must be stupid... Sorry sport that's not the way intelligence works. The word you are looking for in conditioning or brain washing.

QuoteYou don't seem to understand that Trump is benefiting from that same legacy that you and him disparage.
...and you seem to be having another failure in basic comprehension. Here you are confused about the term legacy. to have a legacy means to have policies that last or go one after one's presidency is over. Trump has overturned all that was uniquely Obama. everything else was simply custodial. meaning the same crap every president has to do or deal with on one level or another.

QuoteNo, it hasn't. Changing the operational workings of the executive branch takes more than executive orders. Those operational workings have to have a certain inertia or they are meaningless. They can't be changed by Trump simply swinging his pen.
I gave you a whole list of examples of Trump "swinging his pen" that repealed obama era policies. without any rhyme or reason to do so.

QuoteHe must change them the same way that they were enacted, and those bylaws take a long time to change.
In these cases they were all enacted by obama issuing P/O, so there by a P/O they were repealed.

QuoteWhich will be more of a job destroyer than a creator. Sure, thousands of jobs will be created, but those are only construction jobs. Once construction is finished, they disperse elsewhere, and every town that depended on the construction jobs becomes a ghost town. The permanent jobs created by the pipeline number in the 50-70 range. Furthermore, the transport jobs that used to crate that oil will be destroyed, never to come back.
what transport jobs???
When the cost of transport exceed the market value of the oil the oil sits until it becomes viable to tap that resource. The pipline makes it viable. at the current 53 a barrel the oil is not valuable enough to ship where the pipline would end.

QuoteThat's why the oil companies want the pipeline â€" they want to cut costs by cutting the jobs needed to transport that oil to a minimum. But, of course, you are an idiot and don't see this.
ah.. no. not all the way true anyway. The alskian pipeline is a good example of this. the resources in northern alaska were far far too expensive to transport or utlize until the pipline made oil consumption from there affordable.

QuoteAnd the TPP was an economic arangment that we dictated and enacted for our benefit.
As a consumer moron. it killed jobs because it made it far cheaper to business over seas.

QuoteNow the former signatories are going to form their own version and shut the US out.
which is good because then it makes american based companies who need to ship back to this market, reconsider the cost of manufacturing over seas. meaning jobs come home which is what this president and those who voted for him are all about.

QuoteThis was economic potential Trump has simply pissed away.
you are a one sided coin inspector. or you don't do any reading beside what is read to you on the news. you are highly misinformed you do not scrutinize the information you are given and you can't seem to discriminate truth from political propaganda. That said I do not think you unintelligent. just lazy and far far too trusting on single source news.

QuoteThe Paris accords were never binding. Period.
Glob.. So if we weren't gong to pay, then why say we are by signing???

QuoteThere was nothing to back out of.
... You don't understand what the paris accord was do you? It was supposed to be all the 1st world countries putting all their money in a fund, and installing "green energy alternitives to the2nd and 3rd world nations who was still burning coal/fuel oil for power energy. so that they would not have to go through the industrial revolution/high pollution days the US and the other 1st worlder did. That was the crux of the paris accords was to bring up the rest of the world on the back of the US dollar. and you said we did not have to pay? Then again if not why sign? The accord did nothing in the way for supporting or inventing new green tech. It was to install green tech in places that could not afford it on their own allowing say the EU to polute on a little long because they reduced their carbon foot print by off setting what guam or some african village would have put now but now have wind farms. It was a world wide win win for anyone not in the US.

QuoteFurthermore, now that he's focused away from green technologies, the green industry is now at a disadvantage against the rest of the world, who are going to get on that like white on rice.
That is bs, nothing will stop that industry for one simple reason. There's gold in them thar hills! It's just now it will not be government controlled or sponsored gold. it will be held privatly, and that is what this accord was always really about. Government cashing in in the energy market.

QuoteEven if you don't believe in the green cause, it's still an industry that employs people (more people than coal) and is going to be growing in the next few years. It is an economic opportunity that Trump is simply pissing away.
Hey moron, Trump did not sign an order banning the development of green tech, He simply took government out of the industry so it can make it on it's own... look at healthcare, do you really want that abortion in charge of all the world green energy development and production? The patent I retained/made was in the green energy field and we could indeed qualify for obama grants but it gave the governement too much lateral control on how the patent could be used... It is like having an uncle telling you he will buy you what ever you want in toy R Us but you have to allow him to put his hand down your pants anytime he likes... IDK about you by to me that was a no thank tom hanks moment. I want control over my own stuff.

QuoteEliminating all that high profile stuff still leaves the operational cogs in the machinery, the basic stuff that keeps the country running. Trump may have eliminated some high profile stuff, but most of it is still in place.
Those 'gogs' were placed by the founding fathers. I acknowledge them when I said there are presidential dties that every president has to deal with, but what goes beyond that gives a president his legacy are the things that president enacted himself. like Lincoln's emancipation proclamation. What trump did or is in the processing of doing is revoking every single piece of personal legislation Obama enacted. The rest sweet heart is not about obama, but about the fundamentals of office those nondescript cogs that make this country run ARE the frame work of this government and it's Constitution. Not an obama legacy.

QuoteIt takes some basic intelligence, but any person could have done what Trump has done and more by simply investing their money in the stock market.
Ah, no. Do not trivialize the accumulation of a billion dollars several times over. especially with something as trivial as the market.
there are only 2000 people on the whole planet who have accomplished this feat. Again they do not give this money away. If you look at the list there is not one dumb person among them. You may not like them but that has nothing to do with intelligence. To attack a person's intelligence is a latent liberal's way to try and discredit a person without having to address any real substance. In essence it is a game dumb people play with each other so the can seem smarter in the presents of other game players.

Because in truth the only people concerned with how smart someone else is are teachers and stupid people who do not want to be found out.

QuoteIf Trump had done that when he got his first million, he would be worth twice to four times what he claims he's worth. Furthermore, while he may be personally rich, he is a small businessman. He basically is his own company, and while a billion dollars is a lot to someone like you and me, a billion dollar company is mid-sized at best. The big companies like Apple, Microsoft, GM, Amazon, Google, etc. are all worth hundreds of billions of dollars, each.

No. Again 2000 people with a billion or more. there are far more big businesses than just apple and google. what defines a big business is more than 100 million dollar per year in revenue. different thing different countries, but accross the board trump is/was big business.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small_and_medium-sized_enterprises

by trivializing provable fact makes you look as insane as a faith based YEC. If you are going to be a 'fact's person you must stick with them even when they make your position less secure. you must be ready to change to fit the facts rather than change facts to fit your narritive, which is what you are doing when you change the defination of big business to only fit those whom you like.

QuoteThink about it. When was the last time you bought a Trump-branded product?
I've got a big red hat and a button that says lock her up!

QuoteI predict, never. Me neither. Trump could have disappeared five years ago and no one would have noticed. The same could not be said of truly big companies like Apple et al.

So, no, someone who is unable to outperform the random drift that is the stock market is not someone I consider smart with money.
You are delusional... show me a group of billionares who have outperformed the random drift of the stock markets. You are the one pretending this is a common thing, out of the list of 2000 show me the handful that made this a common thing..

QuoteHe's also bankrupted his businesses six times, all using other people's money.
The best I got was 4 times by a legit source (forbes)

QuoteAnd those holdings you claim he has around the world? Most of them, not his holdings. They belong to other people and Trump is simply renting out his name for a fee. You'd have to be a drool on the floor idiot to not make money from that arrangement.
Which is how big money works sport. "rent" is a buy in to the company, and if you don't think Trump does not get a larger check in return, yet keeps his name on the building.. then you are turning into the bigger fool.

Sundae school teaches..
QuoteKing David had to build a temple out of obligation.
Sunday School teaches:
King david had too much blood on His hands to build the temple, so rather than build the temple he collected tax to have the temple built and spent his life gathering all the best building materials so his son Solomon could build the temple of God.

QuoteNothing obligates Trump to do any similiar thing. It's simply naked greed.
You should really watch some of his old interviews.

QuoteBill Gates is not my favorite person in the world, but he had the human decency to use his wealth to support the society that made him rich. Trump? I don't see him doing any similar thing. So yeah, deeply broken.
Trump gives like Christ taught us to Give. in secret (do not let you righ hand know what your left hand is doing) You never hear trump brag about giving, but you do hear from those whom He has given to. google it.

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 19, 2017, 01:44:29 PM
then why call it stupid?
I didn't. Look back at my posts. I never said that selling yourself well is stupid.

Here competency is a metaphor for popularity. Because if it were meant to be taken as the word is defined then trump's competency out maneuvered the best Clinton could muster.
The competency that people wanted in a president is different from the competency that Trump has so far demonstrated. Believe it or not, Trump is now our EMPLOYEE. The electorate put him there to do a job, and Trump convinced enough of the right parts of that electorate that he was the best person for that job. But convincing people that he is the right person for the job and being the right person for the job are different things.

You're simply trying to distract me from the competency that actually matters from the competency that got Trump into the white house.

You lost and yet you think you are still better somehow.. sad.
You seem to think that the presidential election is a game of football. That it doesn't matter who wins as long as your opponents lose. No, dearheart, like it or not we're in this together. If Trump fucks up, he fucks it up for everyone. You are part of the political partisanship that has been poisoning America for years.

not familiar with politics I see. the picking of 'nits" is the job of commander in chief,
No, I meant YOU'RE nitpicking, you idiot. Sure, the president doesn't rule alone, but he sets the tone of his term, is the spokesperson for the US to foreign powers, is responsible for carrying out the law, and so on. He has a huge responsibility that I don't think that Trump can handle.

it hasn't been 6 months give it time. that is the next thing on the chopping block.
He can't even kill Obamacare, the thing he promised to do in his first 100 days. Not that this surprises me. Obamacare is simply the healthcare plan that the Republicans wished they passed. The only other realistic choice is some form of socialized medicine that every other civilized country has. The political divide for taxes, etc. are even deeper.

I think they even pulled out Michelle's roses and replaced with with "Euge" ones
Yeah, I'm sure that represents a "yuge" change of economic policy.

unless they get signed into a bill/law through the proper channels. That is exactly why obama was a lame duck because He could never get both the house and congress onside, so rather than vote in his legacy the proper way he just E/O'ed it
These rules and regulations are not execuative orders. They are carefully considered and vetted procedures of how to translate the laws that congress passes into actions. They tell you what "carrying out the law" constitutes.

The rules that Obama enacted did not start with his lame duck period. They were years in the making. Some of it had been the works since before he was elected, and only in his administration were those rules and regulations worked out. That simple fact gives them the inertia that allows them to survive a prolonged period of not being enforced by Trump.

not for long
NAFTA is a treaty. Only congress can strike it down at this point. I'm not optimistic.

again it is the very next thing on the agenda.
So you admit that all of the positive economic effects were not due to Trump, but to Obama. Concession accepted.

give it time, give it time...
Give it time for them to... what? Mess it up? I think your priorities are a bit skewed, cupcake.

No, He did. meaning He put fourth legislation that would indeed do that.
No, he promised to repeal Obamacare and put in place something better in his first 100 days. He's failed that. GG.

But because He is not a tryant He did not force it with an E/O as obama did when He implemented obama care to begn with.
That's odd. I thought Obamacare was PASSED in congress, and still is the law of the land.

:histerical: How by releasing emails that showed the other canidate to be a literal theif, liar, someone who committed treason by coluding with the russians by selling them 25% of the US holdings for 140million dollars in personal gain?
Consider the source. Russia has always had dick-envy for the US, and saw in Trump the opportunity to bring their long-time enemy down a peg or two. Why are you assuming that any of the above is the truth, when it comes from a power that has interest in seeing the US diminish in power?

Imperial China had a saying, "Don't let a barbarian know they have something you want. Value nothing that comes from outside."

Now what about Omama's recent attempt to get the prime minster of Israel ousted in his last election? Obama spent millions of tax dollars in negative adds on Israeli tv and not to mention a putten effort in the way of covert actions to try and change the seat of power in israel to BENFIT IRAN!!!
No, to benefit us. If we oust a hard-line Israli leader, the palistinians might finally calm down and ease tensions a bit. This actually hurts Iran, because that country has been using anti-Zionist rhetoric to bolster its own position for ages.

Why have I never heard one of you mention this outside a sweeping dismissal?
Eh, because it's bullshit?

You guys use that word.. but don't seem to understand it's meaning. I see the word and can recognise someone who can acquire and apply knowledge or skill, which means even if I do not agree with them. You use the word to describe anything that does not align with your brand of brain washing. anyone who does not agree must be stupid...
This coming from a self-professed retard and personal tool of God.

to have a legacy means to have policies that last or go one after one's presidency is over. Trump has overturned all that was uniquely Obama.
*Cough* Obamacare.
Trump even has explicitly said that he would preserve some provisions of Obamacare. There is a permanent sea-change here, dude.

what transport jobs???
When the cost of transport exceed the market value of the oil the oil sits until it becomes viable to tap that resource. The pipline makes it viable. at the current 53 a barrel the oil is not valuable enough to ship where the pipline would end.
Is that the lie they keep feeding you? We've been using the Alberta tar sands as a source of syncrude since 1978. It's been producing 1.8 million barrels per day since 2012, and the US imports 1 million barrels of that. How do you think that oil ends up in the US? Are they transported via well-wishes and pixie dust? Do the Canadian geese load them up on their migration? No, it gets transported via trucks and other means of transport.

ah.. no. not all the way true anyway. The alskian pipeline is a good example of this. the resources in northern alaska were far far too expensive to transport or utlize until the pipline made oil consumption from there affordable.
Then why were oil tankers coming from Alaska? Don't you remember the Exxon Valdez? Why was it in the area to have its guts ripped open by a reef, spilling about 10 mil barrels, if it wasn't there to ship oil to California? Oh, right. It's because it was profitable to ship oil from Alaska.

As a consumer moron. it killed jobs because it made it far cheaper to business over seas.
which is good because then it makes american based companies who need to ship back to this market, reconsider the cost of manufacturing over seas. meaning jobs come home which is what this president and those who voted for him are all about.
The trade imbalanace with the asian countries began LONG before and without the TPP, sugar. Remember a very important point: We hadn't signed it yet. That's why it was easy to back out. If we had signed the damn thing, it would have the force of law. Therefore, the migrations of jobs overseas is NOT the fault of the TPP, and one of the goals of the TPP was to correct this disparity, but Trump has pissed that away. Moron.

you are a one sided coin inspector. or you don't do any reading beside what is read to you on the news.
Empty posturing. My conclusions come from many sources, including many of the same ones you use. Only I don't believe any of them at face value. I think about them, and make the ideas my own, if they're worth anything. It is simply bizzare to think that a treaty that had not been signed into law caused the migrations of jobs overseas, a phenomena that had been happening for decades prior. It just doesn't work as an example of good reasoning.

Glob.. So if we weren't gong to pay, then why say we are by signing???
You seem to be envisioning that we're shelling out money into some black hole if we were to comply with the accords. We're not. We're going to be paying that money to workers to change the basis of our economy away from dirty technologies. All that money is going into the US economy. That's the thing Trump doesn't understand. What you don't understand.

And you seem to be envisoning that if we don't comply with the accords, then we won't be paying. Nope. We'll pay, only it won't be workers, but in changes in farming patterns, the damage caused by tropical species migrating north and causing damage, new and nasty diseases once confined to the tropics, and lost revenue from the fact that the rest of the world will be more reluctant to buy our products because our industry is still "dirty."

... You don't understand what the paris accord was do you?
Do you? I've read the damn thing. You know, what it actually says instead of the lies your sources feed you. There's no mention in the accord of specific targets. The US is allowed to be as pessimistic as he wants as to its targets, though that might piss off the other signatories. There's also no means of enforcement. It's non-binding. It's simply a promisary note.

"green energy alternitives to the2nd and 3rd world nations who was still burning coal/fuel oil for power energy. so that they would not have to go through the industrial revolution/high pollution days the US and the other 1st worlder did.
<snip>
Let's for the sake of argument assume that the above is true. Who's going to be selling them that green tech? Thanks to Trump, not us. Green tech just doesn't pop out of nowhere. Someone has to make it for those 2nd and 3rd world countries to buy from. If we played our cards right, we could get all that money back and then some, and we would be in a good position to sell that tech to the rest of the world. Building an industry like that teaches you how to build that kind of tech faster, cheaper, and better, something that you see consistently across history. A businessman would see the opportunity for what it was and jumped at the chance. But then, Trump is not a good businessman.

Government cashing in in the energy market.
Show me where any government would be directed to "crash in" on the energy market. At best, your own source would make it so that 8 trillion of our money would be earmarked for the first green company to set up a significant international trade in that tech, and it might as well be our own people if we get in on it fast enough. Any gold the government would give them would be to develop their production for an international market, which quite frankly is something they would want to do anyway, but with our own money in the pot it would be a great incentive to do so. Now the incentive is less because we don't have a stake in the pot.

I really don't get this near-allergic level aversion to government playing any part in helping the economy along.

Hey moron, Trump did not sign an order banning the development of green tech,
I know he didn't, idiot. He simply failed to recognize the opportunity to incentivise green tech through issuing what amounts to a moon challenge. In the beginning of the 60's, we didn't have the tech to go to the moon, and only had something like 15 minutes of manned spaceflight experience when Kennedy made his famous challenge. Nine years later we had beaten the Russians to the moon. It was because Kennedy had set the tone, had challenged the US to make the moon shot. Now, we see Trump shying away from the challenge of changing the world economy away from fossil fuels. It's short-sighted and chilling to the green industry to see that.

Those 'gogs' were placed by the founding fathers.
It's "cogs", and you're wrong. The cogs are the machinery that was developed after the founding fathers' time. Laws passed by congress are not specific enough to be actionable. It's really up to the execuative branch to figure out what it needs to do to make sure the laws are carried out. Hence, it creates the rules and procedures to make laws actionable and give them real force. It is not done by execuative order or any such rot. It is done by committee, with consultation of experts and the public and all interested parties to make sure all interests are served in execution of the law. They are categorically not Obama enacting "personal legislation".

Ah, no. Do not trivialize the accumulation of a billion dollars several times over. especially with something as trivial as the market.
"Trivial as the stock market"? :histerical: Any investment expert will tell you the stock market is one of the surest ways to make money, in the long run. But you have to be in it for the long run.

there are only 2000 people on the whole planet who have accomplished this feat. Again they do not give this money away. If you look at the list there is not one dumb person among them. You may not like them but that has nothing to do with intelligence. To attack a person's intelligence is a latent liberal's way to try and discredit a person without having to address any real substance.
Empty posturing. You have yet to support that charge. The above doesn't dismiss the fact that he still couldn't outperform the stock market â€" that I could do something extremely simple-minded and would have still beaten the pants off him. The above doesn't dismiss the fact that he drove six of his previous businesses into the ground. He's either had a charmed life, or has had good financial advisors that have kept his money safe.

And even if he was smart with money, it doesn't necessarily translate well into a realm where your performance is not judged by how much money you make like the presidency. And may be in fact frowned upon.

In essence it is a game dumb people play with each other so the can seem smarter in the presents of other game players.

Because in truth the only people concerned with how smart someone else is are teachers and stupid people who do not want to be found out.
Which puzzles me why Trump is so concerned about portraying himself as a smart person. Hmmm....

No. Again 2000 people with a billion or more. there are far more big businesses than just apple and google. what defines a big business is more than 100 million dollar per year in revenue.
Who cares about how much revenue defines a big business, with some arbitrary threshold? That's just debating semantics, and semantics debates are boring. The fact remains that Trump could have vanished five years ago and nobody would have noticed he was gone. Also, the fact that he has three billion in net worth doesn't mean that he has three billion in revenue. A simple calculation shows that, in the fifty someodd years he spent building that 3 billion (assuming net worth, assets minus debt) gives an average revenue of 60 million yearly... which means that he doesn't qualify as a big business by your own cited standard.

I've got a big red hat and a button that says lock her up!
Funny. But that's not what I meant and you know it.

You are delusional... show me a group of billionares who have outperformed the random drift of the stock markets.
So none of those billionares have done better than the random walk of the stock market? How is this proof that they are "smart"?

The best I got was 4 times by a legit source (forbes)
Washington Post: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2016/live-updates/general-election/real-time-fact-checking-and-analysis-of-the-first-presidential-debate/fact-check-has-trump-declared-bankruptcy-four-or-six-times/?utm_term=.5687dfa553b3

"Trump’s Taj Mahal opened in April 1990 in Atlantic City, but six months later, “defaulted on interest payments to bondholders as his finances went into a tailspin,” The Washington Post’s Robert O’Harrow found. In July 1991, Trump’s Taj Mahal filed for bankruptcy. He could not keep up with debts on two other Atlantic City casinos, and those two properties declared bankruptcy in 1992. A fourth property, the Plaza Hotel in New York, declared bankruptcy in 1992 after amassing debt.

PolitiFact uncovered two more bankruptcies filed after 1992, totaling six. Trump Hotels and Casinos Resorts filed for bankruptcy again in 2004, after accruing about $1.8 billion in debt. Trump Entertainment Resorts also declared bankruptcy in 2009, after being hit hard during the 2008 recession.

Why the discrepancy? Perhaps this will give us an idea: Trump told Washington Post reporters that he counted the first three bankruptcies as just one."

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.

I am so tempted to put a picture of Count Von Count here. Ah-ah-ah!

Which is how big money works sport. "rent" is a buy in to the company, and if you don't think Trump does not get a larger check in return, yet keeps his name on the building.. then you are turning into the bigger fool.
The fact remains, they are not his holdings. They are not administered by him. They are not indicative of his net worth or his ability to make money.

King david had too much blood on His hands to build the temple, so rather than build the temple he collected tax to have the temple built and spent his life gathering all the best building materials so his son Solomon could build the temple of God.
Which "King David had to build a temple out of obligation," is a fair description of. Unless you meant, "King David laid every stone of the temple himself," which of course is stupid.

Trump gives like Christ taught us to Give. in secret (do not let you righ hand know what your left hand is doing) You never hear trump brag about giving, but you do hear from those whom He has given to. google it.
Yeah, and I have a google that turned up the following gem:

Donald Trump often portrays himself as a savior of the working class who will "protect your job." But a USA TODAY NETWORK analysis found he has been involved in more than 3,500 lawsuits over the past three decades â€" and a large number of those involve ordinary Americans, like the Friels, who say Trump or his companies have refused to pay them.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/06/09/donald-trump-unpaid-bills-republican-president-laswuits/85297274/

I don't believe for a second that a man who is willing to skip out on paying ordinary people has a charitable bone in his body.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Drich0150

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on July 20, 2017, 01:12:21 AM
I didn't. Look back at my posts. I never said that selling yourself well is stupid.
Not me... Trump you called trump stupid after his accomplishments. Amassing a billion dollar empire, and winning the presidency.

QuoteThe competency that people wanted in a president is different from the competency that Trump has so far demonstrated.
Not from those who voted for Him and do not source their information from the mainstream media. I think those of you who voted for Clinton want what you describes as a different level of competency... But you were also wrong about who was going to win and by how much. Which points back to where you source your information. If every poll leading up the election was wrong, and every newcast from the mainstream media was wrong about his win, then why do you blindly accept that the majority of the people want anything more from trump than what we Got???

QuoteBelieve it or not, Trump is now our EMPLOYEE.
well, the majority of the electorate yes.

QuoteThe electorate put him there to do a job, and Trump convinced enough of the right parts of that electorate that he was the best person for that job. But convincing people that he is the right person for the job and being the right person for the job are different things.
He has done and is on track in doing everything he promised despite what scott pelly thinks of Him.

QuoteYou're simply trying to distract me from the competency that actually matters from the competency that got Trump into the white house.
No I am simply pointing out that if your information source said he was NOT competent enough to win the white house is also wrong when they evaluate his competency while in the white house. I am pointing to an obvious bias.

QuoteYou seem to think that the presidential election is a game of football. That it doesn't matter who wins as long as your opponents lose. No, dearheart, like it or not we're in this together. If Trump fucks up, he fucks it up for everyone. You are part of the political partisanship that has been poisoning America for years.
Actually i don't.
That is why I supported obama when He won, and did not riot in the streets, break windown or did an unwashed sit in. My belief is in the system and the ultimate balance we must strike between right and left to remain in the middle otherwise if it leans too far one way or too far the other way we will have civil war again. Trump is bringing balance back to the country by undoing the hard left crap barrack castro obama put us into.

QuoteNo, I meant YOU'RE nitpicking, you idiot. Sure, the president doesn't rule alone, but he sets the tone of his term, is the spokesperson for the US to foreign powers, is responsible for carrying out the law, and so on. He has a huge responsibility that I don't think that Trump can handle.
Not if he doesn't have the support of the house or senate. look at what lame duck obama did when he didn't have the support needed to secure his legacy.. He issued one presidential order after another, which was all undone almost by the end of trumps first 100 days. I would say without the support of both houses of congress the president get's neturalized as per obama.

QuoteHe can't even kill Obamacare, the thing he promised to do in his first 100 days.
Because as I pointed out he does not have both sides to agree on the replacement. we have only tried to repeal and replace at the same time. All side agree on the repeal. So trump held a luncheon yesterday urging congress to forgo their august break and get obama care replaced. Again because that power is not in his wheel house.

QuoteNot that this surprises me. Obamacare is simply the healthcare plan that the Republicans wished they passed.
:biglaugh: the "Dims" who passed the spearheaded obama care are now running from it like rats from a ship... why would you think the reps want anything to do with it?

QuoteThe rules that Obama enacted did not start with his lame duck period. They were years in the making. Some of it had been the works since before he was elected, and only in his administration were those rules and regulations worked out. That simple fact gives them the inertia that allows them to survive a prolonged period of not being enforced by Trump.
such as???

QuoteNAFTA is a treaty. Only congress can strike it down at this point. I'm not optimistic.
there are three countries involved with NAFTA if trump can provoke one of the other two to back off the agreement he does not need congress for spit. His wavering and backing off, and demand for mexico to pay for the wall all seems like a tactic to get mexico to play it's big nafta chip.

QuoteSo you admit that all of the positive economic effects were not due to Trump, but to Obama. Concession accepted.
not obama moron but the whole presidential process. there are certain things that just happen in a presidency that would happen if a trained dog was running the country. the simple minded do give the president the credit for being right place right time, but the wise see it as apart of the office.

QuoteGive it time for them to... what? Mess it up? I think your priorities are a bit skewed, cupcake.
You don't have a choice out side a coup. so yeah wait.

QuoteNo, he promised to repeal Obamacare and put in place something better in his first 100 days.
with the congression support he had, he could of at the time. Mater of fact he signed a bll for the repeal and replacement of obama care as promised, but the house would not pass it. in that act alone he full filled his end of the promise. Even so now he he keeps working on a simple repeal before the end of august.

QuoteHe's failed that. GG.
That's odd. I thought Obamacare was PASSED in congress, and still is the law of the land.
no it was an exectuitive order later ratified by the supreme court as being 'legal' and now needs an act of congress to repeal (which ultimately means a defunding of Obama care.)

QuoteConsider the source. Russia has always had dick-envy for the US, and saw in Trump the opportunity to bring their long-time enemy down a peg or two. Why are you assuming that any of the above is the truth, when it comes from a power that has interest in seeing the US diminish in power?
Because rather than deny, they defend their actions. (burning servers drilling out hard drives, and the Anthony wiener back up lap top confirmed many of the deals made that wiki-leaks (the ones the Russians supposedly used to air out Clinton's dirty laundry. which the owner of wikileaks said it was a clinton insider (which one committed suicide by shooting himself in the back 6 times died shortly there after.) The clinto stuff the unrainium 1 deal where she made 147 million dollars by colluding with the russians to sell them 25% of our stock pile is a well documented deal she did while secetary of state that benfitted her foundation. There is no dispute there. but why not???
even the ny times soft balled this story:
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html

Russian collusion to buy north american unraium stockpiles while cashing in a secretary of state. That is an act of treason, and if it were anyone else they would be in gitmo with the rest of the terrorists.

What did trump do? After 6 months of hard scrutiny... had a meeting as president with the Russian president which went over an hour.

QuoteImperial China had a saying, "Don't let a barbarian know they have something you want. Value nothing that comes from outside."
No, to benefit us.
So you are wanting to take a 1800 year old saying and dismiss 1/3 of the world's population? good think Trump has more sense than that.

QuoteIf we oust a hard-line Israli leader, the palistinians might finally calm down and ease tensions a bit. This actually hurts Iran, because that country has been using anti-Zionist rhetoric to bolster its own position for ages.
two things... It's not just anti zionist, it is DEATH TO AMERICA and they don't mean Canada or mexico.
2 Obama used state money to try and manipulate a foreign election.. How is what obama has done and been documented any different that what you accuse puttin of doing?

QuoteEh, because it's bullshit?
This coming from a self-professed retard and personal tool of God.
who can appreciate intelligence even if it is not in the scope of my own beliefs. something "smart people" can't seem to do where you come from.

Quote*Cough* Obamacare.
Trump even has explicitly said that he would preserve some provisions of Obamacare.
Again He wrote a bill for it complete removal and replacement.

QuoteThere is a permanent sea-change here, dude.
Is that the lie they keep feeding you? We've been using the Alberta tar sands as a source of syncrude since 1978. It's been producing 1.8 million barrels per day since 2012, and the US imports 1 million barrels of that. How do you think that oil ends up in the US? Are they transported via well-wishes and pixie dust? Do the Canadian geese load them up on their migration? No, it gets transported via trucks and other means of transport.
citation please

QuoteThen why were oil tankers coming from Alaska? Don't you remember the Exxon Valdez? Why was it in the area to have its guts ripped open by a reef, spilling about 10 mil barrels, if it wasn't there to ship oil to California? Oh, right. It's because it was profitable to ship oil from Alaska.
glob.. the alaskan pipe line was completed in 77 or 78 the valdez hook up in southern alaska in the early 90s where the pipe line ENDS!!! and was to ship it to Ca if I remember right. The norther alaskan artic Where the pipline begins would crumble every oil tanker they sent up there. If you think differently citation please.

QuoteThe trade imbalanace with the asian countries began LONG before and without the TPP, sugar.
So? not apart of the topic. the further impalance and to it's projected degree the TTP would levy on the US as a jobs killer is the topic.

QuoteRemember a very important point: We hadn't signed it yet. That's why it was easy to back out.
because that is what lame ducks do. they want to make a lasting legacy but not a bad one so the hesitate when a decision is split.

QuoteIf we had signed the damn thing, it would have the force of law. Therefore, the migrations of jobs overseas is NOT the fault of the TPP, and one of the goals of the TPP was to correct this disparity, but Trump has pissed that away. Moron.
premature ejaculation.. that what you paragraph was. You are doing a victory lap before you even got the date.
I did not say the tpp was the reason for the jobs that left went. The reason the jobs that left went (the big/yuge companies) could save billions via cheap labor and minimal shipping costs in return. That's a done deal. what is left on the table are the intermediate companies and even some of the larger small companies have trillions left on the trade table that would then also go overseas as raw material and logistic sourcing all consolidates and with this treaty becomes cheaper than doing anything here. It is a one way turn the US into a consumer only country deal.
Empty posturing. My conclusions come from many sources, including many of the same ones you use. Only I don't believe any of them at face value.
Empty posturing. then post your sources high light your references and post your thoughts you faker. or conceed the point when I call for a citation. I am asking for the thought process the reference material anything abouve "you say so" If you can provide that, then speaking with you is not much better than speaking with a child who thinks their way is better "because."

QuoteI think about them, and make the ideas my own, if they're worth anything. It is simply bizzare to think that a treaty that had not been signed into law caused the migrations of jobs overseas, a phenomena that had been happening for decades prior. It just doesn't work as an example of good reasoning.
The reason we have manufacturing at all right now on any large scale is because of the few restrictions in place on shipping/trade taxes. take that away and it becomes a no brainer for those left. it was a no brainer when you had 500 workers doing a union job for 40 bucks an hour when when kim jung will do the same job for 7 dollars a week plus transports and fees. take that last barrier away and everything else now goes.

QuoteYou seem to be envisioning that we're shelling out money into some black hole if we were to comply with the accords. We're not. We're going to be paying that money to workers to change the basis of our economy away from dirty technologies. All that money is going into the US economy. That's the thing Trump doesn't understand. What you don't understand.
Ah... no. We will be paying foreign governements to convert to 'green' based on their word... Now if you are a forgein leader and get paid in donkeys then the US writes you a billion dollar check and says with no oversite buy wind generators for your people... I say the US writes you a check because no other country is involved aside from support. China won't even support this accord. till 5 more years has elapsed. meaning they refuse to make or consider any climate changes. And because China is not the worlds industrial base, it becomes the world biggest polluter. so from a carbon emission standpoint what does it matter.. unless money from the US is the actual prize.

Do you? I've read the damn thing. You know, what it actually says instead of the lies your sources feed you. There's no mention in the accord of specific targets. The US is allowed to be as pessimistic as he wants as to its targets, though that might piss off the other signatories. There's also no means of enforcement. It's non-binding. It's simply a promisary note.
And again if we do not intend to honor the note, why sign?

You know there are only two countries who did not sign the US and honduras. They did not sign because they felt they were not going to get enough money fro the us to impliment what they were required in green retrofit.

QuoteLet's for the sake of argument assume that the above is true. Who's going to be selling them that green tech?
China as they are the world's leader in production of wind gens and solar cells.

QuoteThanks to Trump, not us.
or china

QuoteGreen tech just doesn't pop out of nowhere.
it comes from china
http://www.china-greentech.com/re

QuoteSomeone has to make it for those 2nd and 3rd world countries to buy from.
https://phys.org/news/2011-05-tech-china.html China 2 largest green tech producer/US number 17

QuoteIf we played our cards right, we could get all that money back and then some, and we would be in a good position to sell that tech to the rest of the world.
where do you come up with this crap... it's like you read nothing, listen to no one except npr and will not take a bit of info unless it passes your indoctrination.

QuoteBuilding an industry like that teaches you how to build that kind of tech faster, cheaper, and better, something that you see consistently across history. A businessman would see the opportunity for what it was and jumped at the chance. But then, Trump is not a good businessman.
A businessman also knows where to focus his efforts. like in coal something this country has billions of tons of..

QuoteShow me where any government would be directed to "crash in" on the energy market. At best, your own source would make it so that 8 trillion of our money would be earmarked for the first green company to set up a significant international trade in that tech, and it might as well be our own people if we get in on it fast enough. Any gold the government would give them would be to develop their production for an international market, which quite frankly is something they would want to do anyway, but with our own money in the pot it would be a great incentive to do so. Now the incentive is less because we don't have a stake in the pot.
and where does the US source this 8 trillion dollars? before your trickle down economics has a chance to back fill all of our coffers?

QuoteI really don't get this near-allergic level aversion to government playing any part in helping the economy along.
I know he didn't, idiot. He simply failed to recognize the opportunity to incentivise green tech through issuing what amounts to a moon challenge. In the beginning of the 60's, we didn't have the tech to go to the moon, and only had something like 15 minutes of manned spaceflight experience when Kennedy made his famous challenge. Nine years later we had beaten the Russians to the moon. It was because Kennedy had set the tone, had challenged the US to make the moon shot. Now, we see Trump shying away from the challenge of changing the world economy away from fossil fuels. It's short-sighted and chilling to the green industry to see that.
At what cost... And subsquently, who else could afford to Go? Meaning at the end of 10 years we have a perfect sustainable alternitive energy source... but at what cost and who else could afford it? so then unless we are giving away trips to the moon what good will this technology do? it is about as functional as the cern super collider.

QuoteIt's "cogs", and you're wrong. The cogs are the machinery that was developed after the founding fathers' time. Laws passed by congress are not specific enough to be actionable.
citation please.

QuoteIt's really up to the execuative branch to figure out what it needs to do to make sure the laws are carried out. Hence, it creates the rules and procedures to make laws actionable and give them real force. It is not done by execuative order or any such rot. It is done by committee, with consultation of experts and the public and all interested parties to make sure all interests are served in execution of the law. They are categorically not Obama enacting "personal legislation".
again too far. A cog of the presidency has nothing to do with the president. it is an automactic function of the government. the president is simply at the right place at the right time. What you are describing are the legacy factors of the president. that is not what I am describing. What I am describing comes from the congress and senate as well as the SCOTUS. These bills, budgets and laws are passed all the time without input or alteration from the president. that is a cog of governement.

Quote"Trivial as the stock market"? :histerical: Any investment expert will tell you the stock market is one of the surest ways to make money, in the long run. But you have to be in it for the long run.
again give me 4 average people who made a billion dollars in the stock market.

QuoteEmpty posturing. You have yet to support that charge. The above doesn't dismiss the fact that he still couldn't outperform the stock market â€" that I could do something extremely simple-minded and would have still beaten the pants off him.
Empty posturing. I have asked you to demonstrate your hypothesis by providing 4 examples of your claim.

Drich0150

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on July 20, 2017, 01:12:21 AM
QuoteThe above doesn't dismiss the fact that he drove six of his previous businesses into the ground.
again I could only find 4 examples

QuoteHe's either had a charmed life, or has had good financial advisers that have kept his money safe.
or you own separate businesses. doesn't take a wizard of wall street to figure out that one.

QuoteAnd even if he was smart with money, it doesn't necessarily translate well into a realm where your performance is not judged by how much money you make like the presidency. And may be in fact frowned upon.
Are you serious?!?!?! What is GDP? without it what happens to the country. How much GDP growth happend under o-bammie? >2% 1/2 of every president's worst GDP numbers that came before him. Without a strong business sense of someone in the higher ups, this government would quickly fail.
How much better to have a sucessful business man to run this country and take back what others have given away.

QuoteWhich puzzles me why Trump is so concerned about portraying himself as a smart person. Hmmm....
why do you?

Who cares about how much revenue defines a big business, with some arbitrary threshold?
because stupid people would then say a billionare's company is considered to be a small business.

QuoteThat's just debating semantics, and semantics debates are boring.
Actually semantics literally define our world, if you can not regulate your speech to fit commonly accepted definations then you setting everyone up for an arguement.

QuoteThe fact remains that Trump could have vanished five years ago and nobody would have noticed he was gone.
i disagree, billionares do not disappear and no one notices.

QuoteAlso, the fact that he has three billion in net worth doesn't mean that he has three billion in revenue.
not a trivial amount of money no matter how you divide it.

QuoteA simple calculation shows that, in the fifty someodd years he spent building that 3 billion (assuming net worth, assets minus debt) gives an average revenue of 60 million yearly... which means that he doesn't qualify as a big business by your own cited standard.
Funny. But that's not what I meant and you know it.
he was worth 4.5 billion last year, he lost 800 million in the campaign yet he did not care as His life was going to be about america from then on out. Meanwhile clinton made nearly 250 million dollars in her run.
how does that work exactly?

Regaurdless his net worth has fluctuated from bankruptcy to 11.8 billion to where it is today. your simplistic calculation does not take into effect everything that trump has made and lost.

"Trump’s Taj Mahal opened in April 1990 in Atlantic City, but six months later, “defaulted on interest payments to bondholders as his finances went into a tailspin,” The Washington Post’s Robert O’Harrow found. In July 1991, Trump’s Taj Mahal filed for bankruptcy. He could not keep up with debts on two other Atlantic City casinos, and those two properties declared bankruptcy in 1992. A fourth property, the Plaza Hotel in New York, declared bankruptcy in 1992 after amassing debt.

PolitiFact uncovered two more bankruptcies filed after 1992, totaling six. Trump Hotels and Casinos Resorts filed for bankruptcy again in 2004, after accruing about $1.8 billion in debt. Trump Entertainment Resorts also declared bankruptcy in 2009, after being hit hard during the 2008 recession.

Why the discrepancy? Perhaps this will give us an idea: Trump told Washington Post reporters that he counted the first three bankruptcies as just one."

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.
:biglaugh: I see you are quick on the draw with the citations when they finally support you.

QuoteI am so tempted to put a picture of Count Von Count here. Ah-ah-ah!
The fact remains, they are not his holdings. They are not administered by him. They are not indicative of his net worth or his ability to make money.
Which "King David had to build a temple out of obligation," is a fair description of. Unless you meant, "King David laid every stone of the temple himself," which of course is stupid.
Yeah, and I have a google that turned up the following gem:
KING DAVID DID NOT BUILD THE TEMPLE!!! His Son Solomon Did!! David collected the money to build the temple

QuoteDonald Trump often portrays himself as a savior of the working class who will "protect your job." But a USA TODAY NETWORK analysis found he has been involved in more than 3,500 lawsuits over the past three decades â€" and a large number of those involve ordinary Americans, like the Friels, who say Trump or his companies have refused to pay them.
I can promise you becase of stupid people law suits are apart of doing business.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/06/09/donald-trump-unpaid-bills-republican-president-laswuits/85297274/

I don't believe for a second that a man who is willing to skip out on paying ordinary people has a charitable bone in his body.
just because someone produces a bill does not oblige you to pay it. that is all that is needed for a law suit. see the outcoe for the truth

Baruch

Yeah, and the Clintons got all their money, legitimately (snicker)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.