News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Home Baking - Home cooking

Started by pr126, June 17, 2017, 06:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 24, 2021, 08:13:27 PM
I did the same to my index finger chopping up some cabbage, as well.  Took the tip and part of the nail.  It healed, but there is a scar under the nail.  My Dr. at the time had a fellow Dr. helper from Argentina.  He cleaned up the cut and suggest I put sugar on it,  and on all cuts about this size.  I guess that is the thing to do in Argentina.  It worked for me--formed a sort of crust over the cut until the scab hardened.
I just did a disinfectant and a bandaid, and if you didn't know what had happened, you wouldn't know what had happened.  It healed completely invisibly.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

aitm

My granddaughter didn’t realize pickles came from cucumbers so along with the usual suspects I grew some cuc’s  and have experimented with refridge dill pickles. Turned out okay but I seriously think we have become so accustomed to commercial pickles that we don’t like real homemade ones. Tried several different versions but not really happy with them.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mr.Obvious

To be honest, aitm, I didn't know that until half a year ago.
I thought they were related but different vegetables. Until an episode of a late show in which they took on Trump's "I'm the only one who likes cucumbers" speech
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

aitm

Then you don’t wanna know where moose drop cookies come from...
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust